CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 15b - Movepool Poll 1

Which movepool should be CAP 9's?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voted for Admiral Korski. Love the coverage moves, love the flavor moves, and hate moonlight because there would be no way to stop it. Also, people's bitching about it's lack of 100 percent counters is retarded. Half of OU lacks a 100 percent counter, so why does this guy need one? Also, what is his counter supposed to be? Skarmory? Swampert? To deal with these, CAP9 needs to invest a valuable moveslot, something unlikely on anything but a choice or pure offensive set. It has no recovery if it runs Flame/Toxic orb, and it's merely good speed opens it up to easy revenge kills, not to mention that it will be within KO range of priority users like Scizor within a turn or two. CAP9 is not broken, far from it, and it needs the coverage moves to prevent one of it's checks becoming much more used and being continuously switched in. Instead, people actually have to PREDICT what moves it is running. And if you predict wrong? You lose one pokemon. Or your entry hazards. And that is all. And that is what you lose when you mispredict on any OU pokemon, except for most it's lose a pokemon or allow a turn of set up. Also hate the very essence of the elemental fangs, so Korski gets my vote on all fronts.

Don't like any of these. I'm disappointed that Sucker Punch made it into all three... seems quite the opposite to Stop the Secondary. Besides, such a high power Pokemon with Pursuit/Sucker Punch/Taunt says it's going to screw you up no matter what you do.

I'm voting Deck Knight for lack of U-Turn, Self Destruct and Ice Shard. Self Destruct makes no sense really, Ice Shard gives an unnecessary out to certain Pokemon like Gliscor and Salamence (without having to predict a switch with Ice Fang). U-Turn is too useful on such a high-powered Pokemon, as much as I like a slow switcher.

I would have liked lack of Seed Bomb and inclusion of Encore too, giving Fuzznip consideration, but I went with Deck Knight in the end.

I am voting for Admiral Korski. Why is this?

I stated before, that I am 110% against Moonlight, after all the 'Tyranitar is going to cripple it!" argument is invalid, as Tyranitar is NOT everywhere.

Both of the other movesets contain Moonlight.

I was also against the Elemental Fangs, besides possibly Fire Fang. Admiral has done this.

Although I would personally bold Sucker Punch, I like the level-up movepool.

Admiral's Movepool gives diversity, but also avoids the moves, which I feel, would make CAP9 broken... all but one, which I was borderline about, Selfdestruct.

EDIT: CLOSE POLL! Admiral has 47, Fuzznip has 46, and Deck Knight has 42! It could go any way!

I voted for Admiral, his flavor moves were fantastic (Muddy Water, Flail), he had a wide variety of competitive moves but NOT Moonlight and Elemental Fangs (I feel the absence of those moves restricts Collosoil's brokenness), and he stayed with the concept completely, except for Sucker Punch, as MrBlack and probably others have said.

YO ADMIRAL KORSKI, I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, AND I'MM'A LET YOU FINISH, BUT FUZZNIP'S MOVEPOOL HAS THE BEST LEVEL-UP MOVES OF ALL TIME!

One thing that I should have noted in the discussion thread, but I missed it due to a lot of real life work, is the move Muddy Water. If someone addressed this, then sorry for making note of it again. The only problem I have with this move is that if people use it, then we're not really emulating what Cartridge Gameplay would be like, since if you used this on the cartridge, you'd be breaking the evasion clause (as I understand it). So, while I like the move on him,it kinda wrecks the idea of making these CAPs to be as realistic as possible, because the move wouldn't be allowed in standard play. But, what ever. I like all the proposed move pools. They all have nice little quirks that separate them from the pack. It was a difficult decisions. Good work everyone.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Muddy Water doesn't violate the evasion clause. The rule is that you can't use evasion-modifying moves like Double Team, not accuracy-modifying moves like Sand-Attack. Accuracy and Evasion are two separate modifiers, and one is banned (except via Accupressure, I guess).

EDIT:
From Skarmory Analysis
Always use Keen Eye on Skarmory over Sturdy if used in competitive play, because OHKO moves are banned, but Sand Attack is not.
And yes, evasion and accuracy are two separate modifiers. You can be at -6 accuracy, meaning your attack will hit 33% of the time, or your opponent could be at +6 evasion, meaning your attack will hit 33% of the time, or both could occur at the same time, meaning your attack will hit 11% of the time. The reason evasion is banned and accuracy isn't is because you can switch out to get your accuracy back, but getting an opponent at +6 evasion out of battle is much harder and considered broken. I don't think it's subjective, though.

I understand it as lowering their accuracy is improving your evasion, but I guess this isn't a subjective matter.

I realize that, but I'm saying I have always looked at it differently. However, it's a non matter, since I'm incorrect. In any case, I still like all the movepools, and think this could be one of the hardest movepool decisions I had to make in CAP yet. Everyone's was different in a substantial way, but not in a way that made one decidedly broken compared to another. Good work everyone.

Fuzznip has my vote. I really like the stockpile swallow spit up combo, and illegal egg moves really tick me off, so that was a big relief.
Im glad he put moonlight in there, I don't think it would be game-breaking because it loses power on sandstorm teams and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)