CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 16 - Sprite Poll 3

Which sprites should be CAP 9's sprites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
THE GRAND FINALE! THE LAST POLL OF CAP 9!

A whale, god damn!

moi said:
Name: Stop the Secondary
Description: A Pokémon that through means of ability, moves, and typing, can stop a variety of the non damaging affect of moves and moves of non damaging origin.

Justification: While the immediate threat of damaging moves is large and present, the affect of moves such as status, Trick, Leech Seed, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Spikes have arguably had a greater affect to the metagame than anything has ever had, something that this would greatly look in to.

Questions to be Answered:
~ How easily would a Pokémon with such large of a niche be able to fit into a competitive team?
~ How large of an impact would the reducation of non damaging affects and moves have on the metagame?
- What, if any, would happen to the types of teams being used?
- How would this affect the usage of these types of moves?
~ How much of an affect does typing have on the ability for ANY Pokémon to perform this duty?
Typing: Dark/Ground
Ability: Auto-Magic Coat
Ability: Guts
Stat Spread: 133/122/72/71/72/95
Name: Colossoil
Movepool:
---Horn Attack
---Leer
---Peck
6 Slam
11 Bite
17 Rapid Spin
22 Magic Coat
29 Pursuit
35 Drill Peck
42 Magnitude
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
48 Moonlight
55 Crunch
63 Megahorn

TMs/HMs
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Group: Ground / Water 2

Ice Shard (Dewgong, Mamoswine, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Rock Blast (Rhyperior, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Sucker Punch (Nidoking, Houndoom, Mightyena, Slaking, Sharpedo, Kecleon, Absol, Raticate, Dugtrio, Shiftry, Skuntank, Purugly, Smeargle)
Fissure (Donphan, Mamoswine, Wailord, Camerupt, Torkoal, Sandslash, Donphan, Rhyperior, Dugtrio, Smeargle)
Selfdestruct (Shiftry, Wailord, Camerupt, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Fake Out (Raichu, Persian, Ambipom, Smeargle, Shiftry, Infernape, Lopunny, Purugly, Weavile)
Muddy Water (Relicanth, Smeargle, Quagsire)
Future Sight (Whiscash, Smeargle, Grumpig, Espeon, Golduck)
Screech (Ambipom, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Persian, Smeargle)

Move Tutor

Knock Off
Aqua Tail
Ancientpower
Earth Power
Rollout
Superpower
Mean Look
Zen Headbutt
Heal Bell
Encore
Flail
Dive
Perish Song

Vote for the set of sprites you like the best. And remember...

• We will not allow posts in this topic such as "I voted Sprite." Put some substance into your post. This means that you need to back up your post with reasoning or you will be infracted. This also goes for posts that tell us the results, people can just look at the poll itself.

aragornbird said:
Cartoons! said:

aragornbird once more, because it still wants to eat your Latias. With that i mean he is more active, and that he wants to STOP you, not to WALL you. There`s a difference.
I also like the backsprite more.

I`m sure that just like me, a load of people will vote for flavor things.

Cartoons! also made a very cool sprite but i still prefer aragorn`s one.

GO GO ARAGORNBIRD

THE FORCE IS WITH YOU!

Seriously though, aragornbird ftw. Supported since the start of CAP9, and I just don't like Cartoons'.

no offense, but Cartoons looks more constipated while Aragornbird's looks like it wants to eat you

Which is why I voted aragornbird

every time i look at cartoons's, i can't help but think it looks like it's about to fall asleep

i'm voting aragornbird

aragornbird's backsprite is wonderful, but I still had to go with Cartoons!. It has an overall bulky feel, and looks like it's getting ready to beat the crap out of you.

Cartoons's sprite looks too much like it's sad, and that doesn't really fit with Colossoil. I voted Aragornbird.

If this is the last poll of CAP9, when will the name of Auto Magic Coat be decided?

Aragornbird, like everyone said before - it just looks better. It's not sitting there like the great wall of china, unlike Cartoons!' sprite. A powerful Pokemon such as this one should be ready to leap at you at every given moment, not just sit there and wait. That's why Aragornbird tops it.

I voted for Cartoons! because his sprite looks more professional and shows really well that this fella is a dark-type. Cartoons! has always had the best Colossoil sprite in my opinion and I'm happy to say that he should win this!!!

Cartoons!'s sprite also emphasizes hugeness and power that other sprites have failed to do. I also love how this sprite shows Colossoil just sitting there, staring into your soul... waiting to strike, destroy, and pick at your bones. And I also love the black drills on the shiny. It would definitely be something I'd use in my battles! Go Cartoons!

Cartoons! has my vote. Since KoA is out of the race, I figure I'd go with the overconfident pose. He's not looking to actively lodge you in the ground, but to shut down your status moves and the like. Also, the back sprite is rather nice, giving it a threatening shark-like look to it, while maintaining its presence as a narwhal/whale.

Aragornbird because the sprites look more active on his and the other one's smile looks kind of wierd.

i picked cartoons mainly becouse the "just try something you little bastard" look it gives gets me into thinking that it is there to screw anyone who tries to mess with him (by using secondary effects) also, i don´t like the look on aragornbird´s

aragornbird, because Cartoons' sprite looks emo. aragornbird's sprite is hardcore.
You do know that Colossoil is Dark type, right? Cartoons!'s best displays the dark type, looking like it's about the beat the living crap out of you which is why I voted for him, and not aragornbird. Aragornbird's just looks too unprofessional in my opinion.

Im voting Aragonbird since KoA is gone for all the reasons outlined above, basicly. Cartoons! Sprite is awesome and all, but something looks wrong about it.

Don't we still need polls about things such a weight? That is kinda competitive, when you think about Grass Knot...

Besides the point, Cartoons is my choice of the two reminaing. I'm sad for KoA, as his sprite was my choice, but, how many polls have actually gone my way this CAP? Ground typing, and even then, I wanted it as Primary...

Cartoons!, because he looks like he's stopping and beating the crap out of any secondary users. +that look in his face looks like he is saying "You wanna fuck with me? Huh? Come on, try it!" And Aragonbirds sprite looks a bit wierd IMO, though I have to admit I like his shiny colors.

i like cartoons because its uber tought looking like it can take anything! aragornbird's looks like collosiol has legs beneath it because of the way it is standing so straight up

I knew it would come down to who made the heaviest, angriest looking submission you ever laid eyes on. Well KoA put up a good fight but it seems the crowd has spoken....well my vote goes to A-bird since don't really have much options to chose from.

Voted Aragonbird. Cartoons seems too fat/bulky to me, eyes look more sleepy than pissed. Aragonbird's looks agile and fierce.

Cartoons!' sprite looks more like a whale to me, whereas aragornbird's is just...something. That is why I voted for Cartoons!.

Man, it would be nice if you could have several winners, and you could pick which sprite in the Shoddy screen, like how you can with HG/SS sprites. Anyway, I'm voting for Aragornbird for the same reasons as last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)