Project CAPCL III Team / Set Dump Thread

Just gonna dump a bunch of random sets don’t mind me.
:sv/plasmanta:

Plasmanta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Aura Sphere

Role: Sweeper with lots of coverage

:sv/equilibra:

Equilibra @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power

Role: Hazard Control

:sv/Pajantom:

Pajantom @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Dragon Pulse
- Haze
- Psychic

Role: Venomicon / Hemogoblin Trapper.

Yo I figured I'd drop some teams I used (and some I did not use) since the thread is kinda empty atm, I definitely had fun building and experimenting with various mon throughout the tour, and of course big ups for my teammates who helped me build these!

Week 1 - vs BijouMode (Skwovets) - Win
:pelipper: :raging bolt: :barraskewda: :volcanion: :equilibra: :tornadus-therian:

I decided to build Rain for week 1 since BijouMode had recently used a lot of Sun and psyspam offenses at that point, and I'm glad I did because they did bring Sun versus me. I think Raging Bolt and Equilibra especially really put in a lot of work throughout the match, as well as Volcanion just by existing on the team.

Pelipper and Barraskewda kind of speak for themselves here, but I thought Raging Bolt made for an excellent secondary breaker for the team, while also being really strong into opposing weather teams. Volcanion served as a water immunity while also checking Hemogoblin and outputting good damage itself under Rain, with Flame Charge as my Fire STAB to get the jump on a few offensive mons. Bulletproof Equilibra was mostly here so I wouldn't immediately get blown up by the likes of Dragapult and opposing Raging Bolt, as well as generally doing well into mons like Gholdengo and certain psyspam mons. Rain also meant it could trade favorably into a lot of the more common Fire types, such as Cinderace, Mollux, Hemogoblin and Iron Moth. Finally, Specs Tornadus-Therian was an okay addition to check the likes of Rillaboom, while also being able to pivot my other teammates in at crucial times (in reality I had to sac it turn 1 into Walking Wake though).

Week 2 - vs Potatochan (Finneons) - Win
:fidgit: :kyurem: :kingambit: :stratagem: :rillaboom: :iron crown:

For week 2 I was up against the GOAT Potatochan, whom I've teamed with before so I knew I could realistically expect anything from them. I went for a more unorthodox Tailwind team in the hopes of surprising Potatochan and outplaying them, which I'm not sure I did but I did manage to get the win in the end with broken mons Iron Crown and Kingambit.

So with Fidgit as the obvious Tailwind setter lead, I opted to run Encore to beat opposing hazard leads, and Healing Wish to get a mon back to full later on in the game. Kyurem was kind of goated into Potatochan's scout thus far, so I opted to run a Specs set to blow past common defensive cores on balance teams. Kingambit, while not being super fast even under Tailwind was a cool option to clean up the lategame if necessary. Stratagem is fast enough to threaten a lot of offensive mons even without Tailwind, and force chip on common answers like Equilibra, Ting-Lu, Slowking-Galar and Arghonaut which Iron Crown struggles with. Tera Rock Rillaboom is a fun lure into mons like Venomicon, Zapdos and Mollux while also providing a way to get past Rain structures more reliably. Finally, I really wanted to use Iron Crown and this felt like a good opportunity, with Quark Drive and a Calm Mind or two active there is little that stops it from wreaking havoc on balance, and with Tailwind active it gets past offenses pretty easily too.

Definitely happy with this squad though, I think Tailwind teams are very underrated at the moment and could be explored some more.

Week 3 - vs Darek (Pannucles) - Win?
:hemogoblin: :iron boulder: :samurott-hisui: :fidgit: :dragonite: :raging bolt:

Darek being known as the guy who brings either Sun or Miasmaw HOor both at once, I was struggling to find a team structure that could consistently beat all of the threats on those teams, so I went with something a little wacky for this one. I didn't want to do Rain again because it can be easily dealt with if you know it's coming, but this screens HO with bulky Dragonite and Iron Boulder would in theory do pretty well versus most Sun or Miasmaw structures. Of course in reality Darek brought neither, so this became a lot more complicated and I only won because of the most heinous crit known to man...

Anyway, Choice Band Hemo deals with offense really well, picking up kills from full that the standard Bulk Up variants could never at the cost of taking hazards, and pretty much killing anything not named Heatran or Iron Moth with Explosion, even Venomicon if I tera'd in a pinch. Iron Boulder kind of beats a lot of Sun teams by itself if given the opportunity so I had to include it here as well. Next up I added Samurott-Hisui as a way to aggressively set hazards, with Tera Ghost Encore to force Arghonaut back out on a predicted Circle Throw if needed. We had some trouble figuring out the Screens setter for this team since opposing Hemogoblin lead is kind of dangerous into most common Screens setters. We toyed with the idea of Hatterene or Gholdengo, but went with Fidgit again because it can actually hit Hemogoblin back and is fairly decent into most other leads. Bulky Dragonite behind screens can actually take on Walking Wake if needed and demolish a lot of offenses if given enough time to set up, without worrying too much about being revenge killed by other priority users. Lastly, Weakness Policy raging bolt is a bit of a meme but if you're behind screens and set up enough Calm Minds you can basically 1v1 many things including the likes of Equilibra.

Maybe not the best team overall but I suppose it is a very matchup-dependant one.

Week 4 - vs pichus (Nohfaces) - Loss
:rillaboom: :hawlucha: :pecharunt: :heatran: :great tusk: :dragapult:

I decided to bring something a bit more balanced than the three teams I had brought before vs pichus, while still maintaining offensive pressure with Hawlucha and Dragapult. Funnily enough this lead to an almost-mirror match given pichu loaded what I assume is a slightly edited OU sample team. Unfortunately my team in particular was not very well equipped to handle opposing Tera Poison Great Tusk, which in the end could sweep me pretty effortlessly.

I brought back Tera Rock Rillaboom to lure opposing Venomicon in order to make life easier for Hawlucha, Dragapult and to a certain extent Pecharunt down the line. Grassy Seed Hawlucha has obvious synergy with Rillaboom and could serve as a cleaner lategame. Nasty Plot Pecharunt worked well as a bulky pivot, especially given its neutrality and Defense boost while in Grassy Terrain. It can also cripple a lot of its switchins through Malignant Chain's chance to inflict Toxic, which Dragapult and itself would be able to take advantage of through Hex.

Heatran and Great Tusk form a decent defensive core, though I wish I had put Heatran on a balloon so I didn't have to risk the Tera 50/50 into opposing Great Tusk... Rocks and Wisp on Heatran and Rapid Spin on Great Tusk also provide the team with great utility. Lastly, Dragapult provides another way to spread status in Thunder Wave as well as solid offensive pressure with Hex and Dragon Darts and crucial pivoting with U-Turn.

All in all I am pretty happy with this team, with some minor edits I think it would work quite well in general.

Week 5 - vs Liimpy Piyush25 (Blazikens) - Loss
:hemogoblin: :raging bolt: :arghonaut: :gliscor: :venomicon: :meowscarada:

The Blazikens had reused a fair few teams throughout the season so I had decided to prep against some of their common cores. The team went through a lot of changes especially last-minute, and then we arrived at a point where we were pretty happy into most things barring Deoxys Screens HO which... yeah. Not gonna lie, the last-minute sub from our opponents was not helpful either.

So starting with Hemogoblin, it was a generally good bring into most offensive structures and a good mon to start building around. You might notice the team is named "Hemo Kyu Balance" without there being a Kyurem on the team-- this is because there was up until like 10 minutes before the match where we had decided it had to be Raging Bolt instead (it was also Kingambit at some point). Kyurem did pretty well into the various combinations of Gliscor, Venomicon, Arghonaut, Ting-Lu etc. that the Blazikens had brought before but Raging Bolt did a lot better into Gholdengo (particularily those carrying Thunder Wave) which had been a huge pain in testing, as well as Cresceidon.

Moving on, between Arghonaut, SpDef Stealth Rock Gliscor for Electrics and PhysDef Venomicon we had a solid defensive core able to put a lot of pressure on the opposing team through hazard stacking and Knock Off. We decided on U-Turn on Venomicon in order to more easily getting our breakers on the field. Lastly, Meowscarada is here to bring more speed as well as pivoting and item removal through U-Turn and Knock Off in particular, and also deals with Gliscor nicely through Triple Axel and Garganacl with Flower Trick.

There is no removal on this team because most of the squad is wearing boots, are named Gliscor or want to stay in for longer periods of time anyway, so we felt that was okay. Overall I'm quite happy with this squad though I did like the Kyurem version a lot better tbh.

---

Unused Teams
:hemogoblin: :iron boulder: :great tusk: :mollux: :zapdos: :syclant: - Anti-Offense Syclant BO (I did bring this vs Lasen in Circuit Champs)
:malaconda: :raging bolt: :roaring moon: :iron moth: :great tusk: :toxapex: - Bolt Moon Moth Sun
:equilibra: :hemogoblin: :meowscarada: :plasmanta: :gliscor: :gholdengo: - Hemo Meow Spikestack

Last edited:
Ok so basically

Week 1
:Snaelstrom: :Arghonaut: :Ting-Lu: :Mollux: :Dragapult: :Kingambit:

For my game against Temp, we decided that we should try to bring an unexpected CAP and basically try to cheese a win. So I said "There's no way he knows that a Snaelstrom is" and we decided to work from there. Snaelstrom kind of lends itself to playing on bulkier structures than I'm used to, given that it's a mostly defensive mon that in order to wincon can't run hazards or removal. Still, Argh + Ting work great for being fat guys that hazard stack. Mollux provides removal while providing checks to Hemogoblin, Ogerpon-W, and other random stuff, and has very good synergy with Snael due to its ability to pressure Krilowatt and Snael can come in on Gliscor. Dragapult is there for speed and spinblocking, and Kingambit is a Steel and is also that guy. Very solid team overall.

Week 2
:Malaconda: :Raging Bolt: :Roaring Moon: :Garganacl: :Great Tusk: :Hemogoblin:

When going against Piyush, I knew that they could kind of bring anything, but I mainly wanted to bring something that could break through fat and was also difficult to cheese. I decided to bring Sun because that's like my thing I love doing it and wanted to try Raging Bolt since I hadn't messed around with Sun post-DLC as of then. As it turns out, Bolt is kind of awkward to build with just because it needs to be paired with a fast breaker/pivot to get it in, which should probably be either Roaring Moon or Walking Wake, and then you realize you're 3 mons in that get owned by Hemogoblin. I decided to slot Garg in as a stopgap to Hemo as well as opposing Fire types, Great Tusk for Rocks + Removal, and Hemo last because it is a good Pokemon. I put Imprison on it as an emergency stop to opposing Hemo and also because I think it's funny. Ultimately this team proved to be kind of awkward to play in practice and I'm not a huge fan of it. If you're gonna steal a team from here don't bring this one probably

Week 3
:Hemogoblin: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Equilibra: :Krilowatt: :Venomicon: :Darkrai:

Going against Scizivire, who had brought kind of cheesy teams the first 2 weeks, I mostly wanted to bring something I was comfortable playing with and also wasn't easily cheesable, specifically against Tailwind and Rain. I decided to bring Hemo + Ogerpon as an offensive core since they have good synergy together and could take on Tailwind and Rain respectively. After that I just rounded out with a solid Venom + Libra defensive core, Krilowatt to answer Cresceidon and just be annoying, and Darkrai for speed control. There was a lot of debate over the speed control for the last slot between Valiant, Boulder, Zamazenta, and others, but ultimately we settled on Scarf Darkrai for solid power, speed, and Trick potential. Unfortunately I did not know that Scarf Darkrai was also faster than Iron Boulder, and also got crit so I ended up losing, but nonetheless this team felt quite good to pilot.

Week 4
:Heatran: :Rillaboom: :Hawlucha: :Miasmaw: :Hemogoblin: :Iron Crown:

I was pretty busy this week so I actually did not build this team, Spoo actually just passed it to me. Normally I'm not much of a hard HO kind of guy but I thought bringing something unexpected would be to my advantage so I ran with it. Because of that I can't comment to much on the team, but Lucha+Rilla is known good, Miasmaw and Iron Crown both aimed to dismantle fat, Heatran checks some important stuff and Hemogoblin is a good mon. Pretty good team, except if you are going to copy this team change the Lucha EVs to outspeed Miasmaw. I thought I had just won and then Potatochan's Miasmaw hit me with a Scale Shot and I almost lost because of it.

Week 5
:Malaconda: :Slither Wing: :Raging Bolt: :Venomicon-Epilogue: :Heatran: :Walking Wake:

Week 5 we were already out unfortunately so I just wanted to bring something fun. For me that meant Slither Wing Sun. Raging Bolt pairs great with Slither Wing, as Slither Wing can U-Turn out on Venom and others to bring in Bolt, and Slither Wing gets pretty free switchins to Equilibra. Both were kind of awkward into Great Tusk and Argh by virtue of not wanting to get Knocked, so I slotted in Venom-E to answer them and maintain offensive tempo. From there I needed a check to Hemo+Fires and settled on Specs Heatran because I already had rocks on Venom and wanted to kill things more. Lastly, Walking Wake fills in Speed control and again likes to blow things up. Overall this team felt really good to pilot, on later games I did realize it has a Valiant/Roaring Moon problem so I think Wake could be swapped with Banded Moon or Hemogoblin.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to invest as much time into this tour as I would have liked, but I think we still came out with some solid teams and good games. Shoutout to the Pannucles we will get em next time

Quick dump of my teams during this tour

W2 vs feen
:Pecharunt::Arghonaut::Plasmanta::Meowscarada::Hemogoblin::Gliscor:
Goblin is broken so ofc I was going to use it, pretty standard team that can play around most of archetypes, Pecharunt has the great niche of trapping mons against Balance teams and arguably checks Goblin.
Meowscarada and Gliscor help against balance and fat with koff, good pivot and breaking potential.
Arghonaut and Hemogoblin are good vs HO / Offense thanks to Unaware, Hazards and amazing prio.
Plasmanta just fills the weakness to Cresceidon, which is an amazing mon and can annoy all his semi checks by statussing them, and Plasmanta is also one of the 2-3 mons that can properly stop him. Also good special wall with amazing coverage, can spread status, rkill and annoy Goblin and helps with Fairy weakness by beating mons like Valiant and Primarina. Good core overall with Gliscor and Arghonaut. This team lacks of rocks but it's pretty nice.

W3 vs Kaif
:Hemogoblin::Raging Bolt::Great Tusk::Caribolt::Volcarona::Glimmora:
Standard HO and I think a very solid team.
Standard Glimmora as our oppos were weak to TSpikes,
+Atk Tusk is an amazing mon and it also just owned all of their balance teams and it owns most of balance teams too by itself.
Raging Bolt and Hemogoblin have amazing prios for other Offense and they can handle weathers by themselves, whereas Raging Bolt with Booster Energy also can open holes for the rest of the team.
Caribolt is amazing to have and it owns most of defensive mons like Venomicon, Arghonaut or Dondozo.
Volcarona was there cause it's always a broken mon, I loved Zamazenta too but being weak to Venomicon and needing setup for Hemogoblin made me renounce to it, but Volc after one QD always is scary.
Tera's are mainly to avoid easy rkilling with prios.

W4 vs Inder
:Slowking-Galar::Venomicon::Gliscor::Cresceidon::Gholdengo::Weavile:
Wanted to use something more fat and stop using Hemogoblin as it carried my w2 and w3, whereas I never have used Venomicon in CAPPL neither have I ever used Cresceidon. I then decided to built a Para spam team, with Weavile and Gliscor as main wincons for Balance/Fat and Gholdengo as main wincon against Offense. Unfortunately, I had close to 0 ways to make progress against Ting-Lu + Arghonaut, so I ended up with this being my only loss in CAP.

:Volcanion::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Equilibra::Hemogoblin::Clefable::Kyurem:
This was another team I had prepared for our French friend. I think the team was very good as I was expecting Arghonaut or Cresceidon, but I wanted to avoid using Hemogoblin (even though that mon is so broken there is no reason not to use it)
For the rest the team it's pretty straight forward, Sub on Kyurem just can be helpful in some scenario's like Protect Libra or on a weakened Glowking, whereas Koff + IB Clef is nice to koff most of items while threatening Gliscor which is the main Knock Off Absorber, and you still can check mons like Great Tusk.

W5 vs Raj.Shoot
:Dondozo::Hydrapple::Skarmory::Blissey::Garganacl::Gliscor:
Not much to say, we needed to win so I decided to bring a solid team against a player which most likely wasn't aiming for a long game as they were already qualified. Just focused on their scout in case they were going to reuse and for the rest standard Stall teambuilding process.
1708547174297.png

I ended up switching Arghonaut with Dozo cause Dozo has way more bulk and I mainly needed that slot for physical mons like Kingambit and Gouging Fire.

Previous Fat Version
:Kerfluffle::Gouging Fire::Arghonaut::Equilibra::Weavile::Slowking-Galar:
This was a fat I was trying. I didn't want to lose to Dragapult so I found out Kerfluffle could have been pretty nice. It pivots, checks pult, checks fighting mons, and it can pass wish. Unfortunately, my managers think Kerfluffle sucks so I renounced at improving this team, and I don't know how I ended up with that Gouging Fire set as something like Skarmory would be more ideal, but I guess it was just my try to annoy Waterpon.

I won't post Mono teams as I recycled 90% of them from my previous builds in MWP and I think Mono CAP it's a bad tier. I love building CAP though and I am looking forward next CAPPL

Micaiah

Disgustosa ostentazione di plutocratica sicumera
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DPP

w1 and w2
https://pokepast.es/c3f64939d0b9fbbb

two potent stallbreakers in mixclant supported by a sturdy backbone. nothing groundbreaking but very solid
rest of the teams were built by Lazuli with some inputs by me, so I'll let him decide whether to post or not

BW

w1
https://pokepast.es/0d0032b41c55d501

HO from 2023 capcl geared to beat other HOs with Jirachi, unfortunately luck kinda threw this one

w2

https://pokepast.es/8baa19f1561e95c5

classic MG spam from regular bw, except it doesnt lose to rain thanks to broken krilowatt

w3

https://pokepast.es/d1a7c306a6dac5a6

arghonaut is a hot pick against any HO (as the final stages of the BW money tour showcased), with it on the team you can just dedicate the rest of your team to beat sand and rain without ever worrying about losing to a random Syclant or Volcarona. Psyshock Latios w Colbur shores up the Hurricane Tomo + Pursuit weakness that many weatherless teams have.

w4 and w5

https://pokepast.es/91ef93fc01afc4be
https://pokepast.es/0b3737eb3cf3e0d8

grouping these together as they are essentially the same team. Clefable and Blissey are both pretty hot in current BW OU and they are pretty decent in BW CAP too, blanking several broken cap mons such as Mollux, Krilowatt, Fightless Tomohawk (or even fight tomo in blissey's case) and Stratagem, with the rest of the team shoring up their weakness to things such as Gliscor balance and rain.

Bonus: team violentissimo, don't use if you can't click

https://pokepast.es/5150feadf1720aa4

ORAS

w3

https://pokepast.es/410e5a51952a5ad6

made this for SHSP w2 but he didn't end up using it, so BFM loaded it w3. Taunt overload keeps the sashspam going, with tspikes Cloy helping against multiple things such as Lopunny, Darks for Latias and Arghonaut. Tomo ended up frozen against xtra HO which made it fairly difficult to win but w.e

w4

https://pokepast.es/b7ddfc897a3799ec

not much to say about this other than I'm a big Mollux fan

w5

https://pokepast.es/58c34ecbae77b4ce

LBN always loads some bullshit, mostly on the offensive side, so Volcanion and double prio Lop were a given, rest of the team is a pretty standard volturn + pursuit core, Krilo forms a nice water spam core w Volc and brings Heart Swap to ensure not to lose to cm Clef. Ada Colossoil was a mistake on my part cuz i forgot MegaZam existed in this gen

Colossoil @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin / U-turn

I think this is pretty good but I haven't really had a chance to make a solid team with it

Closing thoughts

Revenakh is awfully mid in DPP, i've always been low on it and without shed skin it really doesn't offer much over the crazy broken Arghonaut. Krilowatt was surprisingly absent, tbf facing Clefable everygame and never making real progress on it must take a toll. All in all Arghonaut feels like the best CAP by far, if not outright the best mon in the tier, with Syclant and then Krilo/Kitsunoh/Colossoil (very underrated, esp lefties utility sets) trailing behind.

Arghonaut's discovery made HO bad in BW compared to last year, Syclant needs to be explored more on non-HO team bc its broken

CruciZone is amazing but it was never brought this tour, hopefully someone will rectify this in playoffs.

Overall, all three tiers felt pretty good and fresh to build, maybe DPP slightly less so due to Clefable existing and being borderline forced on every team that isn't HO

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPP

w1 and w2
https://pokepast.es/c3f64939d0b9fbbb

two potent stallbreakers in mixclant supported by a sturdy backbone. nothing groundbreaking but very solid
rest of the teams were built by Lazuli with some inputs by me, so I'll let him decide whether to post or not

BW

w1
https://pokepast.es/0d0032b41c55d501

HO from 2023 capcl geared to beat other HOs with Jirachi, unfortunately luck kinda threw this one

w2

https://pokepast.es/8baa19f1561e95c5

classic MG spam from regular bw, except it doesnt lose to rain thanks to broken krilowatt

w3

https://pokepast.es/d1a7c306a6dac5a6

arghonaut is a hot pick against any HO (as the final stages of the BW money tour showcased), with it on the team you can just dedicate the rest of your team to beat sand and rain without ever worrying about losing to a random Syclant or Volcarona. Psyshock Latios w Colbur shores up the Hurricane Tomo + Pursuit weakness that many weatherless teams have.

w4 and w5

https://pokepast.es/91ef93fc01afc4be
https://pokepast.es/0b3737eb3cf3e0d8

grouping these together as they are essentially the same team. Clefable and Blissey are both pretty hot in current BW OU and they are pretty decent in BW CAP too, blanking several broken cap mons such as Mollux, Krilowatt, Fightless Tomohawk (or even fight tomo in blissey's case) and Stratagem, with the rest of the team shoring up their weakness to things such as Gliscor balance and rain.

Bonus: team violentissimo, don't use if you can't click

https://pokepast.es/5150feadf1720aa4

ORAS

w3

https://pokepast.es/410e5a51952a5ad6

made this for SHSP w2 but he didn't end up using it, so BFM loaded it w3. Taunt overload keeps the sashspam going, with tspikes Cloy helping against multiple things such as Lopunny, Darks for Latias and Arghonaut. Tomo ended up frozen against xtra HO which made it fairly difficult to win but w.e

w4

https://pokepast.es/b7ddfc897a3799ec

not much to say about this other than I'm a big Mollux fan

w5

https://pokepast.es/58c34ecbae77b4ce

LBN always loads some bullshit, mostly on the offensive side, so Volcanion and double prio Lop were a given, rest of the team is a pretty standard volturn + pursuit core, Krilo forms a nice water spam core w Volc and brings Heart Swap to ensure not to lose to cm Clef. Ada Colossoil was a mistake on my part cuz i forgot MegaZam existed in this gen

Colossoil @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin / U-turn

I think this is pretty good but I haven't really had a chance to make a solid team with it

Closing thoughts

Revenakh is awfully mid in DPP, i've always been low on it and without shed skin it really doesn't offer much over the crazy broken Arghonaut. Krilowatt was surprisingly absent, tbf facing Clefable everygame and never making real progress on it must take a toll. All in all Arghonaut feels like the best CAP by far, if not outright the best mon in the tier, with Syclant and then Krilo/Kitsunoh/Colossoil (very underrated, esp lefties utility sets) trailing behind.

Arghonaut's discovery made HO bad in BW compared to last year, Syclant needs to be explored more on non-HO team bc its broken

CruciZone is amazing but it was never brought this tour, hopefully someone will rectify this in playoffs.

Overall, all three tiers felt pretty good and fresh to build, maybe DPP slightly less so due to Clefable existing and being borderline forced on every team that isn't HO
Hmm You're praising colossoil a lot, name one anti colossoil spin which isn't Revenankh

T'y for the teams!

Lazuli

lustrous
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
I will :p first of all, I had a lot of fun in CAP and I'm very happy I was invited to participate, hopefully I will get to play more soon. Thanks to my managers for thinking of me and drafting me. ^^

Micaiah carried my prep for the whole season really, huge thank u, it was lots of fun.

Week 3 vs Steam Buns
steambuns.png
For this game, I didn't have much time to prep really, so I binged my opp replays and binged a pool of sets that was sent to my channel and decided to use Colossoil Flame Orb with Zone to trap potential Bronzong (which he used on his first two games) or Skarmory. Originally, I had my own Skarmory lead with Icy Wind for speed control early on, but ultimately Micaiah pointed out that Fidgit can pretty much do the same, while also annoying other mons with Knock Off. Specs Latias and Scarf Jirachi could also take advantage of steels being gone, while also being able to support Colossoil in some way with either momentum or Healing Wish. Syclant is amazing, it needs no introduction, it's always wearing other mons down and also takes a lot of advantage of rocks and spikes. U could (probably should) fit spinblock somewhere but it works decently as is anyway.

Week 4 vs Binacle Pinnacle
binpin.png
Oh mannn this game, I knew from the bottom of my heart that Arghonaut was coming (thinking of how my previous teams all used Syclant, and week 3 team also struggles against it a bunch), so I decided to use a toxic tech on my Suicune, which I couldn't even click because I para'd it unintentionally. I really didn't think I'd get stalled after the previous game but oh well, should always have at least a way to break through those teams. It's probably a good team vs offense actually, but u could probably swap scarf to Latias and have Kitsunoh be Taunt and WoW for better stall matchup, and have Cyclohm be Haban Berry to make it better against dragon spam stuff. It's not a bad team I swear.

Week 5 vs Ainzcrad
ainz.png
I really wanted to finish the season with a fun team (which ended up being quite a solid team, Arghonault alone glues this team together to cover a lot of threats), I actually remembered a team with Bronzong, Roserade and Raikou being used previously in OU, and immediatly thought Arghonault totally fits extremely well in that structure, I had a lot of trouble to finish the 6, I knew I wanted a good spinblock and speed control, so I ended up with many options to finish the team:
ae.png

To finish, I had a couple ideas I couldn't finish/didn't bother filling sets (lol) that could be good. If someone wants to explore them, have fun :p.

test.png

Attachments

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Dropping a million teams from champs / CAPCL / this current seasonal. I'm gonna be sharing both the good and the bad stuff because I think even the awful teams have some ideas that someone else might want to explore further. I'll probably regret making all of this public but the goal is that I'm forced to build new stuff for tours and not just reuse, and a lot of this stuff I never would've gotten around to loading anyways. Here goes:

=====

:Stratagem::Iron Valiant::Snaelstrom::Great Tusk::Gholdengo::Ogerpon-Wellspring:
G1 vs snake for circuit champs. I figured he would either load sun, rain, or some kind of Pajantom + Libra balance, so I thought webs + balance breakers would be a good call. The Snael set is a pretty funny webs lead because most folks don't expect it to just click Trick T1 and now you've successfully crippled something. Other advantages over Rimbombee include its access to Rocks and having slow U-turn + enough bulk so that usually you'll survive the lead sequence and can be saved as a sac later. Ribombee is definitely still better tho.

:Roaring Moon::Rillaboom::Heatran::Hawlucha::Hemogoblin::Landorus-Therian:
G2 + G3 vs snake for circuit champs. Was really happy with this team, I know Spitfire loaded it vs Joeshh and I think entro might've loaded it as well even earlier but I can't remember. Random Tera Poison mons usually ensure a very good matchup vs Venom balance (people were spamming this at the time) and obviously Lucha + prio ensure a strong matchup vs opposing offense. Lando is a super funny set here that actually put in some work occasionally. Sets up on some big balance staples and has a pretty good rain and sun matchup. There's some other thinking that went into it too but it's not really worth explaining lol there are other terrain HOs in this post that are better for current meta.

:Ninetales-Alola::Iron Valiant::Raging Bolt::Dragonite::Venomicon-Epilogue::Roaring Moon:
Unloaded HO I had planned for snake. I decided to ditch this last minute since I really wasn't confident in it (it's also illegal now with the sleep ban), but the idea here is just stack a bunch of setup dragons and have one of them Tera to kill Hemo/Pult/Weav/etc when they come in to revenge. Worst case you can cheese shit with Hypno Val. IMO not a bad concept but this needed a lot more fine tuning for me to be happy with it.

:Malaconda::Walking Wake::Gouging Fire::Venusaur::Landorus-Therian::Great Tusk:
I've never considered myself very good at building or piloting weather teams but this was my early take on CAP sun. Nothing too crazy here but some stuff worth mentioning: Tera Ground Gouging was a) obviously for a stronger EQ and b) dodges Cresceidon TWave, max PDef Lando is the Hemo switchin here since sun usually has a hard time fitting those + it frees up Tusk to run something more offensive, Venu was chosen over Lilligant at the time mainly for its Hemo matchup but in current meta I think it's only gotten more clear that Venu is a real threat. iirc snake has a team with these 6 and slightly different sets, so there's some stuff that could be further customized here.

:Deoxys-Speed::Zamazenta::Primarina::Iron Moth::Colossoil::Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Fun HO I built during PL, passed this to a couple people but I don't think it ever got loaded. Was mostly just an experiment building with a bunch of mons I don't normally touch that all looked fun to use. This is secretly the best Zama set in CAP but don't tell anyone. Not a bad team at all, not a great one either.

:Pecharunt::Heatran::Rillaboom::Roaring Moon::Hawlucha::Hemogoblin:
I think this is one of my favorite teams in this post, I've used it a lot myself and has scored a few wins for entro + maybe others as well. The ideas here are mostly the same as the earlier terrain team, but after Pecha was released I added it here over Lando because it checks most of the same boxes without being jank as fuck. The mon works as really nice glue here. Rest of the team should be pretty self explanatory.

:Meowscarada::Kyurem::Equilibra::Slowking-Galar::Moltres::Clefable:
I was liking Meow + Kyurem structures a lot in OU at the time so I gave it a shot at translating them to CAP. This team is fine imo and I think it's loadable in modern meta. I would probably change Molt to be Sands>Hurricane and maybe tweak some Teras but otherwise it passes the eye test.

:Meowscarada::Hemogoblin::Pajantom::Equilibra::Venomicon::Slowking:
Alternate Meow + Dragon + Doom Desire balance. There are some unusual choices here I should probably explain. Pajantom is honestly not terrible in this meta, it can Toxic some really big stuff (mostly bulky Waters/Grounds), and Shackle + IP (or EQ) is not always the easiest to play around. Its defensive utility is also really huge into the bulky Poisons that irritate Meow/Hemo. Slowking I find a bit overlooked in general compared to its (admittedly way better) Galarian cousin. Kanto Slowking's Kyurem matchup is roughly the same as GKing's, arguably slightly better, and on this team specifically, it's a much needed Libra beater and can sponge Walking Wake without needing to blow Tera like GKing would. I think this team is not the most consistent overall, but could be a strong matchup pick if you expect your opponent to load certain stuff.

:Dragapult::Hemogoblin::Slowking-Galar::Ting-Lu::Alomomola::Skarmory:
:Hoopa-Unbound::Hemogoblin::Slowking-Galar::Ting-Lu::Alomomola::Skarmory:
Two nearly identical fats, Kaif loaded the first one W1 of CAPCL and entro loaded the second one vs Joeshh in circuit champs. I like Ting fats a lot but I think they can really struggle to keep the mon healthy given its weakness to Spikes and no reliable recovery. Ergo, pair it with Alomomola. The first team is better overall but the second team owns opposing fat stuff pretty hard. I think both hold up fine in this meta.

:Dragapult::Kingambit::Mollux::Equilibra::Alomomola::Clefable:
I liked Potatochan's CAPCL W2 team a lot so I rebuilt it with some different sets. I replaced Zama on the original team with Gambit because honestly Zama kinda sucks in CAP and I wanted priority + a better wincon. I'm not sure if this Gambit set is optimal though lol. Low Kick felt necessary to check opposing Kingambit, and then fast Tera Steel Iron Head was mainly a tech to deny Hemo from revenge killing while also breaking through Venom and Cres much easier.

:Comfey::Heatran::Rillaboom::Roaring Moon::Hawlucha::Necturna:
Ok now we are entering the territory of stuff that never got loaded and rightfully so. I saw Comfey pop off in a few SPL games so this was my attempt at building with it. It has enough advantages over Hemo to justify a C ranking imo but generally speaking it's straight up suboptimal. I wouldn't even call this a bad team, but if you wanna load GTerrain HO then there's probably better stuff to use.

:Dragapult::Colossoil::Slowking-Galar::Landorus-Therian::Alomomola::Kingambit:
Kumiko loaded these 6 with Ursa > Colo in SPL and I thought the structure was really interesting. I don't think it translates to CAP quite as well, but Alo as support on a more fast paced team is something I'd like to explore a bit more. I guess this was a fine proof of concept but it's not a team I can really recommend loading.

:Dragapult::Hemogoblin::Gliscor::Garganacl::Toxapex::Skarmory:
Another SPL edit, this time I think I took a Garay team and replaced a Volcarona with Hemo. Something feels off to me about this team but idk if I can articulate it. Maybe it's a bit passive, I dunno. Probably fine enough to bring.

:Dragapult::Gholdengo::Garganacl::Equilibra::Venomicon::Clefable:
Another team I feel sorta average about despite it looking fine on paper. I think I just have a bias against the cookie cutter Libra + Venom balances slightly larger than I can reasonably justify. A lot of teams get owned by fat NP Ghold though (more people should use this mon) so this was my shot at sticking it on balance.

:Landorus-Therian::Raging Bolt::Meowscarada::Hemogoblin::Iron Boulder::Great Tusk:
Alright so first things first, this team is not very good. I came up with this Lando set last CAPPL and it's been kicking around in my head ever since. In theory it lures some really big stuff (Gliscor, Libra, Venom, Skarm, other birds) but idk how often you will actually get to pull it off. The bulk on Lando is to handle Libra easier and to still serve as a decent pivot even if you don't trap anything, though different EVs are probably better in practice. Rest of the team is just filled out with stuff that enjoys having the aforementioned mons gone but it's far from the optimal last 5. I hope to see someone smarter than me make this Lando set work.

:Heatran::Weavile::Rillaboom::Roaring Moon::Hawlucha::Stratagem:
Lead Weav is an old SS tech that I thought could be interesting in SV. You just go on a suicide mission the first few turns to break as much as possible for the rest of the team. Worst case scenario you Knock an incoming Argh or something and switch out. This set is pretty funny though because Sash and PJab both offer a lot of lure potential, and the lack of Shard doesn't hurt you too much since you're not actually using Weav as a wincon and your opponent is never confidently sending out something like Pult to revenge when they don't know the full set. This team is in the same boat as the Comfey HO where it's not the most consistent build in the world but it's a load of fun and could be a strong matchup pick.

:Dragapult::Raging Bolt::Gliscor::Moltres::Clefable::Malaconda:
:Walking Wake::Raging Bolt::Gliscor::Moltres::Clefable::Malaconda:
Brought the top one vs entro for circuit champs semis. This team was inspired by something Raptor brought in SPL, but ended up only having 3/6 mons in common; the main concept stayed the same, though, being Raging Bolt + HexPult hazard stack fat. I thought this was a really interesting idea in CAP, since while Raging Bolt has a ridiculously high performance ceiling, it always struggles to break past Libra, so a bulkier structure like this benefits a ton from its priority and role as a wincon while simultaneously giving it the tools to win the long game vs one of its hardest counters. I'm not gonna explain the thoughts behind every mon but Mala is definitely worth elaborating on; it weirdly checks a lot of boxes here, giving me tools vs rain, a Ghost resist (mostly for Ghold), better counterplay vs Ogerpon than sole Boots Pult, and some other small things, but mainly it's great at getting Bolt in safely with Protosynthesis active since Mala naturally draws in bulky Flying-types. The second team leans more into the semi-sun build and has an easier time pressuring Gliscor. I think the version with Wake is "stronger" at peak performance, but it's also more reliant on having sun up, which can limit your choices in-game. I like how both of these teams turned out.

:Weavile::Volcarona::Gliscor::Arghonaut::Clefable::Mollux:
Brought this vs entro for circuit championship but I think I've loaded it once or twice more in tournaments since then. In my opinion it is a very strong 6. In fact, even when you play the team horribly (sorry drip ily), you can still sometimes pull a win out of nowhere. This team technically has four wincons (more if we're not just counting actual Pokemon) so it's quite flexible in terms of win paths, and in my experience it's rare that you find yourself in a game where none of the potential wincons look threatening. Just play patiently until it looks like something can safely take over. There are some bad matchups here, notably Coil Venom-E, NP base Venom, TWave + Hex Pult/Ghold, and sorta Krilowatt, but not a lot of stuff is straight up unwinnable and it's hard (impossible) to have a perfect matchup spread vs everything in this tier anyways. In terms of potential changes, I think this team would also be fine with Gambit > Weav and Ice Beam on Clef to still have a way to pressure Gliscor.

:Primarina::Samurott-Hisui::Kingambit::Iron Moth::Dragonite::Saharaja:
An interesting HO I passed Kaif for W4 of CL (he wanted Primarina + Dragonite so I obliged). Custap Hamu is a cool set that guarantees two turns vs Cresceidon to Knock and Ceaseless instead of just being limited to one. It also just comes in handy a surprising amount of times ngl. Gambit is Flying Tera Blast to help patch up the Argh weakness, and although this set ended up kinda fucking us over in the actual game, I think you can still justify running it. There aren't really two ideal moves to choose out of Iron Head/Tera Blast/Kowtow but Iron Head + Tera Blast still lets you punish Argh (and other stuff) after it clicks Tera Fairy. I can't condone running Saharaja in this meta but it actually sorta works here. Imo Rapid Spin is terrible on it because you're hardwalled by Libra, left with average neutral coverage in EdgeQuake to hit everything else, and you're never getting enough Spins off to creep Pult + the booster mons. Mon is better off leaning into the slow/bulky breaker role and just running proper coverage. Raja is here in the first place though for a few reasons: Water + TWave immunity is huge given Cresceidon's prominence and strength vs HO, it sets up on bulky Poisons like Venom and Glowking better than most alternatives, can force damage onto Libra/Tusk, and can force out/set up on Kril which would otherwise be a huge pain. Still a painfully mediocre (bad) mon but this kind of structure is where it works best.

:Heatran::Rillaboom::Hawlucha::Miasmaw::Hemogoblin::Iron Crown:
Darek already shared this but I figure I'll elaborate a bit. Idea here was just to have a strong matchup vs the fats Potatochan had been loading while also having tools vs offense on the chance that he switches it up. I don't actually love Miasmaw outside of Veil/Screens because it feels like it never gets any decent setup opportunities unless the opposing team is ridiculously passive, but terrain somewhat alleviates this and also makes it a bit harder to take down after using its Tera. Hemo is here mainly to own opposing offense and Crown was last because I wanted another way to pressure fat/stall while also being able to come in and set up on Venom, which kinda annoyed the team otherwise. Miasmaw is honestly not common enough to justify the additional Speed investment on Hawlucha imo but if you are less greedy than me you are welcome to make changes.

:Snaelstrom::Aurumoth::Revenankh::Stratagem::Chromera::Hemogoblin:
Gave this to DripLegend for Week 5 of CL after our team was eliminated. Proceed with caution

:Garchomp::Zamazenta::Naviathan::Necrozma::Dragonite::Kingambit:
I passed this to Kaif after we were out of CAPCL. Against all odds this might be a worse team than the one above it but there are some funny techs still worth explaining. Dragonite should trap and eliminate Cresceidon, Argh, Skarm, Venom, maybe more idr, or at the very least force them to Tera. Multiscale + TWave also means it's not entirely useless if you load into HO. CM Navi is honestly underrated, its typing + Heatproof means that it's a great Hemogoblin answer and you can switch into/set up on Cres if you don't mind being Paralyzed. Water + Poison is also pretty good coverage in this meta outside of Dragapult which you can kinda just boost past. No particular reason for lead Necrozma, I think I just had the itch to use it, and I explained Jolly Tera Steel Kingambit earlier in this post but it's mainly nice for Hemo and Cres/Venom if you can't manage to trap them.

:Landorus-Therian::Dragonite::Volcarona::Venomicon-Epilogue::Great Tusk::Roaring Moon:
I like this team quite a bit, I think I've loaded it three times now, the first time being vs Lasen in circuit finals. Some of the specific choices here were just made because of his scout; he was using a lot of lead Glimorra, a lot of offense, and didn't tend to bring sturdy Flying or Ground checks. Roaring Moon is Booster Speed here because I was leaning into the offense cteam but for normal use I think it should be Booster Attack, maybe even Taunt or Sub > EQ. Against sun, Wake just claims one at lead so you're forced to counter lead with Moon, but the matchup isn't that bad if you can keep rocks up. EBook is underrated right now and strong against a lot of the Boots spam fat going around.

:Weavile::Moltres::Snaelstrom::Equilibra::Garganacl::Gholdengo:
:Dragapult::Moltres::Snaelstrom::Equilibra::Garganacl::Skarmory:
I built the first team a long while ago, made some edits, and loaded the second team vs Lasen in circuit champs. Long story short I got my shit rocked by double dance Manaphy and both of these kinda get owned by Primarina too so yeah idk how much I could recommend them for general use, unless you're confident for whatever reason that you won't load into bulky setup Waters. Lasen said he expected me to load something like this which was funny because I think half these mons had never appeared in my scout before, but I got called out nonetheless. The main idea here is SD Snaelstrom + Moltres. SD Snael is quietly an insane win condition in the meta right now, but it definitely calls for some support, mainly against Steels and some random stuff like Mollux, making Moltres a nice partner that in turn appreciates it checking stuff like Gliscor and Cresceidon. I want to try building with this idea again since I don't love how these two structures turned out.

:Dragapult::Hemogoblin::Gliscor::Slowking-Galar::Skarmory::Arghonaut:
G3 of my series with Lasen. Again, some set choices here (Hemogoblin...) were made based on his scout and not necessarily general use. I really like how this 6 plays, but tragically, I realized right before our game that this team, too, gets fucked by Sub CM Primarina after it Teras. I think there are some potential changes that could help: Tera Steel Pult, enough speed on Hemo to hit 201, Circle>Knock on Argh, maybe Knock>Toxic on Glisor and Encore Cresceidon>Argh, there could be more too. Probably not all of these changes at once, but there are some options if you're really worried about it. As is, you sorta need to sac something to get damage/status off, phaze with Skarm, and just try to limit its options from there, ideally getting hazards up as well, but yea it's not pretty. Team feels solid outside of that matchup though. On a separate note, Primarina is very good.

:Landorus-Therian::Hemogoblin::Pecharunt::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Dragapult::Iron Valiant:
Loaded this vs vuldark in my seasonal game earlier today. Really fun offense team with some non standard set choices, shoutout dex for the Booster Atk Valiant idea. Valiant is an awkward cleaner in CAP bc it gets revenged + walled by so much more than in OU, so leaning into the breaker role is an interesting alternative. Lando and Sash Pult are both really good leads depending on the matchup. This is also the second Pecharunt offense in this team dump, honestly I am a huge believer in the mon. It's more useful for its defensive qualities than anything but can still be quite the threatening breaker, and it has pretty linear switch-ins which make for easy doubles. Fun team, I'm happy with this one.

=====

Hemogoblin

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
sv

w1 :kyurem: :garganacl: :slowking-galar: :equilibra: :cresceidon: :dragapult: L

THIS TEAM WAS MID AF, MID AHH SPECS KYUREM NEEDS BABYSITTING 24/7 TO DO ANYTHING VS HAZARDS.

w2 :pelipper: :iron-treads: :barraskewda: :archaludon: :venomicon: :meowscarada: L

Decent team, I would've rather been press venom I think. Illegal achaludon was about to have a field day and then it like dodged a free stamina boost and later got crit when it actually had a stamina boost up so yeah, glad that brotha archaludon is banned now for such a disappointing performance

w3 :krilowatt: :hemogoblin: :gholdengo: :equilibra: :mollux: :cresceidon: L

I was like FUCK IT THROW ALL THE EVIL MONS ON THERE which was working and then I got frozen. I could've scouted Tera but I didn't think Tera Ground existed & didn't want my frozen mollux to get subbed on. anyway HOW TF does lava plume not thaw the user?? GOOFY AHH MOVE

ss

w4 :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :venomicon-epilogue: :moltres-galar: :kartana: :dragapult: L

the teambuilder tried to sabotage me and it randomly set my kart ivs back to 31 at some point LOL?

1710657407033.png

noticed it before the game but kart still aint do shit anyway so yeah

w5 :ninetales-alola: :tapu-fini: :heatran: :stratagem: :cawmodore: :arctozolt: W

Arctozolt is evil, always will be. This team loaded an absolute balls matchup and my tran died to banded ttar superpower turn 1. was a roll but my fault for using that old goofy spread anyway. Energy Ball was a mid tech and Cawmodore was a useless bum.

semis :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :pajantom: :weavile: :tapu-fini: :zapdos: (no link bc not my team) W

Thank U Fc for the team against Sylveon in Semis :heart: GOD DID !

finals :equilibra: :mollux: :weavile: :dragapult: :melmetal: :clefable: W

SPECS MOLLUX i loaded this fella because their scout had like 2 fire resists ever and this thing still murders fire resists. sadly i ran into psyspam so bruv did nothing. on the other hand this meta has 1000 mons that make psyspam unviable so it didnt rly matter.

dpp

:hippowdon: :clefable: :magneton: :jirachi: :latias: :arghonaut: W

1710658411465.png

1710658459172.png

mono

:pecharunt: :venomicon: :toxapex: :muk-alola: :clodsire: :sneasler: L

Gren went god mode against this sadly. I thought Pecharunt was him, but lolll bro is middy mid mid

:cinderace: :ninetales: :ogerpon-hearthflame: :gouging-fire: :ceruledge: :heatran: W

Literally just a mono team bc the fire caps are dogshit besides the banned one, but I somehow had FLASH FIRE NINETALES

1710659121619.png

surprised i didn't get tourbanned for sabotage. maybe it's bc spell still won with this idk

:hippowdon: :equilibra: :clodsire: :landorus: :ursaluna-bloodmoon: :mamoswine: L

i'm ngl hg i still have no idea what happened but it at least gave birth to one of the funniest cap mono games to watch

--

also hav like 10+ oras teams that are unused, maybe next time (bro rlly thinks he's getting a next time)

not the luckiest season but happy i got wins for the team in the final 3 weeks that mattered

probably most fun tour ive been in even if we lost
1710654751318.png

1710654791491.png

1710654968413.png

1710660944547.png

1710655178709.png

1710655237654.png

1710655321074.png

1710655419081.png

1710655428521.png

1710655439349.png

1710655620977.png

1710657801556.png

1710656140910.png

1710656155616.png

1710656426787.png

1710656448247.png

1710656498735.png

1710656720836.png

1710656791517.png

1710657005530.png

1710657890529.png

1710657088062.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
went 4-0 with the teams I built so these are legit trust.

:Dragapult::Gliscor::Cresceidon::Arghonaut::Ting-Lu::Venomicon:

:Gholdengo::Mollux::Venomicon::Gliscor::Hemogoblin::Meowscarada:

:Pyroak::Venomicon::Cresceidon::Dragapult::Gliscor::Clefable:

:Hemogoblin::Gholdengo::Arghonaut::Cresceidon::Clefable::Venomicon:

As u can see all 4 teams have the same idea, t-wave spam with hex and spikes stack with knock users. I do think this style is broken and has very little to no counterplay. Knock, hazards and twave are the best moves after all.

Some thoughts on the cap mons:

:venomicon: is easily the best cap mon (no it isnt hemo).It just has so much versatility both as a defensive and as a np setup sweeper kinda like my fav mon gholdengo hehe. U can p much run 3 random moves with roost and still put in work with this. My fav is twave/knock with np tho.

:arghonaut: my old fav mon, still is p good but kinda fights for a role with gliscor. However that typing with unware and spikes+knock will never be bad.

:astrolotl: this guy def has potential withspikes knock and status spreader with wisp and twave. Kinda overlooked but does have competition. That being said regen is not a fair ability

:cawmodore: can cheese with tera ghost or some random tera like fire on screens. not that bad honestly

:cresceidon: comes in on everything and can cripple with burn and twave. good typing and pairs very well with hazards stack and hex spam

:pyroak: now pyroak was/is somehow not in vr hello??? can easily sweep teams with once again twave spam. tera blast stellar is kinda cool and the typing defensively is not bad too

:equilibra: If never knocked it makes leftovers look like full restores. Doom desire is omega strong and rapid spin is ever so important. Also stabs sometimes are unwallable lmao

:hemogoblin: I do not think it is that broken as people claim, tho it is still p good. U can fit like 50 different moves in the 4th slot which does make facing it annoying tho ( bulk up moonlight with tera poison best)

:miasmaw: very good on screens/veil and can easily sweep. Can run random teras to beat its counters too

:mollux: budget spinner but gets twave tho! (and recover but main is twave)

:snaelstrom: everyone brought this after I spammed twave but sadly it is still weak to hex. good mon although fitting 4 moves is annoying and requires a lot of support.

Rest all are dicks

Conclusion: twave is the best move and every cap gets that so abuse it.

CL was very fun this year, thanks Lasen and D2 for drafting me. I'm overall pretty happy with my performance, though I need to clean up my play a bit.
Anyway here are the teams I played:

BW
Week 1: :kitsunoh::krilowatt::politoed::ferrothorn::tomohawk::mollux:
Built this with wenderz, it's the same style of balance team I was spamming during the BW tour but with rain. Kitsunoh+krilowatt is something I lifted from one of Maxouille's teams, it's very strong into slower teams and generally just puts in a lot of work. Ferro+Mollux to tank Krill. 3 guys run a ground move to deal with enemy Mollux that would be really annoying in rain, and ferrothorn can drop spikes for leech seed by giving Kitsunnoh copycat, that way it can bounce back spikes from skarm or ferro. Tomo helps vs HO (needs more defense) and scarf on Mollux helps vs Syclant.

Week 2: :politoed::tomohawk::keldeo::syclant::jirachi::ferrothorn:
Made this during the BW tour, it's an offensive rain with a lot of tools for HO. Politoed used to be specs but I changed it to spedef. The EVs on Jirachi are optimal. Syclant baits volcarona but u-turn might be better than stone edge or spikes.

Week 3: :tyranitar::jirachi::kyurem::tomohawk::stratagem::mollux:
Not sure how I feel about this team, I lost with it but it was more because of poor play than bad matchup. Still it has some issues, I'd have to rework it.

DPP
Week 4: :hippowdon::stratagem::krilowatt::jirachi::breloom::latias:
The idea is pretty simple, you setup sand turn 1 and abuse it with the rest of the team. With levitate+leftovers+sand stratagem becomes surprisingly useful defensively. The kril set can 1v1 non-encore clefable, here it's a little more difficult because I'm running discharge so you have to waste surf PP, but with a breloom in the back it's fine. The idea was good but it probably needs a few changes.

Week 5: :pyroak::revenankh::latias::gyarados::metagross::colossoil:
Pyroak is bad because it's weak to hazards, weak to sand, can't recover and can't beat clefable. So what's the solution? You play it as a physical lead with Substitute. It's very unfortunate not to be able to run rocks on this set, but there's just no room. The strength of this set is that most teams can't switch into Pyroak's STAB very well at all, and the most common answer is Latias who gets pursuit trapped and doesn't want to draco into a sub.I definitely tried to cram too much into the metagross, Iron Ball trick+scarf colo is nice though

I'll make another post in the BW Hub thread

:Landorus-Therian::Raging Bolt::Meowscarada::Hemogoblin::Iron Boulder::Great Tusk:
Alright so first things first, this team is not very good. I came up with this Lando set last CAPPL and it's been kicking around in my head ever since. In theory it lures some really big stuff (Gliscor, Libra, Venom, Skarm, other birds) but idk how often you will actually get to pull it off. The bulk on Lando is to handle Libra easier and to still serve as a decent pivot even if you don't trap anything, though different EVs are probably better in practice. Rest of the team is just filled out with stuff that enjoys having the aforementioned mons gone but it's far from the optimal last 5. I hope to see someone smarter than me make this Lando set work.

Overgrow Meow is crazy lol.
I'm going to bash my head against a wall until I get this Lando set to work, but I'm not very smart so it might be a while...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)