Tournament CAPCL III - Week 5

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
CAPCL III - Week 5

thanks Kiwi for amazing art

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Replays & Stat Usage<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Commencement<<

:nohface: Nefarious Nohfaces (5) vs (3) The Deep Fried Finneons :finneon:
SV CAP: Suzuya vs Enzonana.
SV CAP: Fc vs Potatochan
SV CAP: pichus vs Ciro napoli
SS CAP: temp vs Ikaishi
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories vs Seasons
BW CAP: tier vs Maxouille
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Brigtel
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs crashy

:skwovet: Shoenice Skwovets (4) vs (4) Pannucles of Spoocap :cawmodore:
SV CAP: Fragments vs DripLegend
SV CAP: seroo vs Kaif
SV CAP: snake vs Darek
SS CAP: Ina fable vs dex
ORAS CAP NFE Monocolor: Concept Everything vs pannu
BW CAP: TGA vs zaydapoketrainer
DPP CAP: BijouMode vs Steam Buns
CAP Monotype: sapphiree vs TTTech

:blaziken: Brooklyn Blazikens (3) vs (5) Bello Figo Bellsprouts :bellsprout:
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Mada
SV CAP: memedose46 vs SHSP
SV CAP: Piyush25 vs Scizivire
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs ChrisPBacon
ORAS CAP: LBN vs BigFatMantis
BW CAP: Waldinji vs LuckOverSkill
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Lazuli
CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs roxie

Nefarious Nohfaces (0) vs (0) The Deep Fried Finneons

Shoenice Skwovets (0) vs (0) Pannucles of Spoocap
ORAS CAP: Concept Everything vs gorex

Brooklyn Blazikens (0) vs (0) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
SV CAP: Liimpy vs Scizivire

The deadline for this round is Sunday, February 18th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:
Nefarious Nohfaces (4) vs (4) The Deep Fried Finneons

Shoenice Skwovets (3) vs (5) Pannucles of Spoocap

Brooklyn Blazikens (2) vs (6) Bello Figo Bellsprouts

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Nefarious Nohfaces (4) vs (4) The Deep Fried Finneons

Shoenice Skwovets (3) vs (5) Pannucles of Spoocap

Brooklyn Blazikens (2) vs (6) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
do you watch the games before you predict? Half of them are "who has better record" and then you'll also bold someone who is 0-5 with winning matchups. Is it name recognition?
On second thought I don't wanna know. GO FINNEONS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally time... the moment you've all been waiting for... the very thing that's been missing from this whole tour... WELCOME TO...
*drumroll*

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 4.24.37 PM.png

*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*
THE UNOFFICIAL CAP CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOOWER RANKINGS
*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*=*~=~*

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 4.30.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 4.31.37 PM.png

Alright, now let's get this show on the road!!!

1ST PLACE - Brooklyn Blazikens
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot
SV CAP: memedose46
SV CAP: Liimpy
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind
ORAS CAP: LBN
BW CAP: Waldinji
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad

CAP Monotype: Ashbala

Coming in hot at first place are the Brooklyn Blazikens, managed by Piyush and Raj.Shoot. Despite being 2nd seed in the real tour, I'm not convinced that the Blazikens are actually worse than the Skwovets. They even tied in their series last week! From what I've seen, I think the Blazikens have by far the strongest SV, with Raj and Piyush both being 3-1 so far. The other SV starter not in the lineup this week, Exotic, is 0-3 but I don't think this record is really fair to him; the matchups he's been rolling have been far from great, though perhaps this speaks to some issue with the Blazikens' prep, I'm not sure. I assume memedose and limpy are here because the team is already guaranteed playoffs and we will see Piyush and Exotic(?) return to the fray next week.

Their pastgens are a really interesting group that I'm still not quite sure what to make of. Sylveon has won the past three games using the exact same team? He's a very good player but surely he can't keep getting away with this. LBN in ORAS loads some stuff that I would frankly never approve of, which is basically what I would expect of him based on his previous runs in SM (no shade sorry), but the 3-1 record speaks for itself. The familiarity and confidence he has with building and piloting these unorthodox teams –– as well as the unfamiliarity with these structures that his opponents often have –– seems to let him take control of games at a higher level than if he just loaded something standard, which is a cool (albeit slightly frustrating) phenomenon to witness. In BW we have Waldinji at a mere 3k, who's coming off of a win against the most expensive BW player last week. I won't say that his play was perfect, and he got a pretty lucky pursuit crit, but this is still a really impressive feat and I'm interested to see if the success will continue or not. I can't really speak about DPP or Mono but Ainz is 2-1 and their normal Mono slot (Sificon) is 3-1 so I guess they're doing something right. Overall this is a very powerful team if they slot their best players and I am currently predicting them to win the tour.

2ND PLACE - SHOENICE SKWOVETS
Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 5.07.18 PM.png

SV CAP: Fragments
SV CAP: seroo
SV CAP: snake
SS CAP: Ina fable
ORAS CAP: Concept Everything
BW CAP: TGA
DPP CAP: BijouMode

CAP Monotype: sapphiree

First seed in second place? Power rankings in Week 5? Pannucles out of playoffs ALREADY? I'm sure that's what you're all thinking, but let me explain. I probably would've put these guys last or second to last before W1 and I have been proven entirely wrong. Purely off of "player strength," this lineup still doesn't scream first seed IMO. But I have to imagine this is a very motivated and active group of players who clearly have strong prep sensibilities. Their SV has had a rotating cast but reliably goes 2-1 every week, especially thanks to Frag's 3-1 record –– and while I don't agree with every team choice so far, the Skwovets have brought some interesting stuff throughout the weeks and are generally securing matchups in their favor. Whatever they're doing is working, basically. Still, I put them in second place just because they have definitely had their fair share of luck this season. This really feels like one of those teams that dominate the regular season and then goes on to lose in finals (a tale as old as time).

Aside from BW, I think the pastgens on this team are relatively weaker compared to the first and third places in my PRs. They pick up two or three wins across the five slots every week (Mono is now a pastgen for convenience's sake), which is pretty good but not great. Blui, their normal ORAS with a 2-1 record, is currently benched, but he probably returns for playoffs. Quziel (also benched) is another ORAS option but I think he'll have stronger performances in current gen. Ina fable is someone who I initially wanted for my own team's SS until we got dex for a good price and ina's price started shooting up. I think her play and loads this season have been really strong (I am ignoring the auru psyspam), but it's sorta hard to tell because a lot of her games so far have featured luck both for and against her. TGA is obviously reliable, dude went for like 20k and is 3-1, he ain't unbeatable but this is clearly one of their stronger slots. Again, DPP and mono are beyond me but inno went 2-0 in DPP the last two weeks and anything can happen in mono so those slots seem fine enough. This is a much better team than I initially gave it credit for and it's cool to see them perform so well –– but still, something in me says they won't be able to go all the way.

3RD PLACE - DEEP FRIED FINNEONS
SV CAP: Enzonana.
SV CAP: Potatochan
SV CAP: Ciro napoli
SS CAP: Ikaishi
ORAS CAP: Seasons
BW CAP: Maxouille
DPP CAP: Brigtel

CAP Monotype: crashy

I evaluted this team at a distant first place right after the draft, and yet we now see them fighting for a chance just to make semifinals. What went wrong? Well, it's hard to say! Perhaps this is just D2's curse manifesting itself yet again. I think it can also be hard to motivate OU/Tours mains sometimes when it's a teamtour like this with no actual prize. Their series against the Skwovets was particularly unlucky too, and, well, I could probably go on, but truthfully not much had been going right for these guys until they won against my team last week (yw). Their SV looked bonkers on paper, but Potatochan at 2-2 is having his worst run since two CAPPLs ago, feen went 1-3 before being substituted for Enzo, and Ciro probably isn't performing as well as D2 and Lasen had hoped either (although 2-2 for 8k is still decent). If this team can get their shit together in SV then I think they easily make playoffs and are huge contenders to win the tour.

Pastgens started off rocky for this team but I think they found their winning formula last week, which they've repeated again here. Ikaishi isn't the strongest SS in the pool but he's a good player, he knows how to win games and I reckon he'll be reliable enough moving foward. Their most expensive player by far, Seasons, is surprisingly 2-2 (GOREX diff), but imo is still the hardest ORAS to beat in this tour. I haven't been watching the ORAS games too closely but my guess is that it's more of a prep issue than a play one? Max just won the big BW money tour so he's presumably quite good in that slot, I dunno, BW's not my tier. Brigtel kinda lucked vs Buns last week but from my miniscule DPP knowledge I know he's still dangerous regardless of his luck stat. And yeah crashy is 3-1 out here making CAP Mono look consistent which is dope to see. This team loses a lot of games that I feel like they're favored in so if they stop doing that then I think they're kinda unstoppable. Jury is still out tho. Personally hoping they get fucked this week so that Lasen is tilted for our champs series.

4TH PLACE - BELO FIGO BELLSPROUTS
SV CAP: Mada
SV CAP: SHSP
SV CAP: Scizivire
SS CAP: ChrisPBacon
ORAS CAP: BigFatMantis
BW CAP: LuckOverSkill
DPP CAP: Lazuli

CAP Monotype: roxie

Ok I'm getting kinda tired of writing at this point so idrk what to say about this team other than I'm rooting for my boys SHSP and Sciz but I do not really forsee a finals run here. In my head I had this team at 3rd or 4th after the draft and they've more or less performed to expectations. I like SHSP a lot in SV, I think Sciz's creativity has been huge for him so far (though I will say he can't just keep winning with random offense forever, as evidenced by his W4 game), I haven't loved Mada's SV loads but I know he's a solid player so he'll be fine too... overall though I guess I'm just not wowed by the whole lineup? Chris in SS is easily the standout slot, his style can be kinda exploitable (see his game vs dex) but he's a good enough player to where it's hardly an issue and I know he's capable of mixing things up if he tries. Lazuli is the only other slot that's really doing well but I can't say whether it's a fluke or not (lack of DPP knowledge strikes again). This team is also vs the Blazikens this week which is far from an easy matchup. They have playoff odds for sure but I think some stars would seriously need to align for them to take home finals.

5TH PLACE - PANNUCLES OF SPOOCAP
SV CAP: DripLegend
SV CAP: Kaif
SV CAP: Darek
SS CAP: dex
ORAS CAP: gorex
BW CAP: zaydapoketrainer
DPP CAP: Steam Buns

CAP Monotype: TTTech

Well, what can I say, I just couldn't bear to rank my own team last! I'm not gonna make excuses for our poor performance, it is what it is, but I don't think we played to our potential this tour and that's always unfortunate to see happen. Our hearts just weren't in it at points –– mine included –– and it definitely showed. I'm not too torn up about it since there was no prize this tour, and I had a lot of fun managing this group, so I've got no regrets about how things turned out. Special shoutout to DripLegend for loading a boots spam team, letting 4 mons get knocked in the first 10 turns including his fucking Volcaona and unpoisoned Gliscor, and then proceeding to win anyways. He is also our only positive player after 4 weeks (goat). Anyways I'll be back to win the trophy for CAPPL, cheers

6TH PLACE - PROMETEO PRIMEAPES
SV CAP: Suzuya
SV CAP: Fc
SV CAP: pichus
SS CAP: temp
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories
BW CAP: tier
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle

CAP Monotype: byulharang

I think this team is 4th seed right now according to Geko's spreadsheet? I'd rank them at 5th if it weren't for the shame of putting my own team in last place, but they are also the only team we didn't lose against if that tells you anything. Interestingly enough, the Nohfaces are really being carried by their cheapest players, with 4.5k pichus and 5.5k binpin both sitting at 3-1. Don't ask me how but Binpin's training arc high atop the mountains of New Jersey has clearly been paying off despite the CAP shadow council's best efforts to make him go winless. 15k tier is the final 3-1 on this team, putting up another strong record in BW as I think most people expected. Most other slots are really not showing good numbers though, including 17k egalvanc who straight up cancered and had to be subbed out 2 weeks in a row, so this team looks dangerously reliant on their three star players to keep doing their thing. I don't see this as a super reliable formula for victory but I suppose time will tell. They're up against the Finneons this week too, who I rate quite highly, but both teams should be hungry for a win to secure their chance at playoffs. At the very least I'm hoping the specators get a good series.

Well... that's all, folks! I'll see you again for Week 5 of CAPPL!

D2TheW

Amadán
Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally time... the moment you've all been waiting for... the very thing that's been missing from this whole tour... WELCOME TO...
*drumroll*

View attachment 603990
THE UNOFFICIAL CAP CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOOWER RANKINGS

View attachment 603991View attachment 603992

Alright, now let's get this show on the road!!!

1ST PLACE - Brooklyn Blazikens
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot
SV CAP: memedose46
SV CAP: Liimpy
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind
ORAS CAP: LBN
BW CAP: Waldinji
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad

CAP Monotype: Ashbala

Coming in hot at first place are the Brooklyn Blazikens, managed by Piyush and Raj.Shoot. Despite being 2nd seed in the real tour, I'm not convinced that the Blazikens are actually worse than the Skwovets. They even tied in their series last week! From what I've seen, I think the Blazikens have by far the strongest SV, with Raj and Piyush both being 3-1 so far. The other SV starter not in the lineup this week, Exotic, is 0-3 but I don't think this record is really fair to him; the matchups he's been rolling have been far from great, though perhaps this speaks to some issue with the Blazikens' prep, I'm not sure. I assume memedose and limpy are here because the team is already guaranteed playoffs and we will see Piyush and Exotic(?) return to the fray next week.

Their pastgens are a really interesting group that I'm still not quite sure what to make of. Sylveon has won the past three games using the exact same team? He's a very good player but surely he can't keep getting away with this. LBN in ORAS loads some stuff that I would frankly never approve of, which is basically what I would expect of him based on his previous runs in SM (no shade sorry), but the 3-1 record speaks for itself. The familiarity and confidence he has with building and piloting these unorthodox teams –– as well as the unfamiliarity with these structures that his opponents often have –– seems to let him take control of games at a higher level than if he just loaded something standard, which is a cool (albeit slightly frustrating) phenomenon to witness. In BW we have Waldinji at a mere 3k, who's coming off of a win against the most expensive BW player last week. I won't say that his play was perfect, and he got a pretty lucky pursuit crit, but this is still a really impressive feat and I'm interested to see if the success will continue or not. I can't really speak about DPP or Mono but Ainz is 2-1 and their normal Mono slot (Sificon) is 3-1 so I guess they're doing something right. Overall this is a very powerful team if they slot their best players and I am currently predicting them to win the tour.

2ND PLACE - SHOENICE SKWOVETS
View attachment 603999

SV CAP: Fragments
SV CAP: seroo
SV CAP: snake
SS CAP: Ina fable
ORAS CAP: Concept Everything
BW CAP: TGA
DPP CAP: BijouMode

CAP Monotype: sapphiree

First seed in second place? Power rankings in Week 5? Pannucles out of playoffs ALREADY? I'm sure that's what you're all thinking, but let me explain. I probably would've put these guys last or second to last before W1 and I have been proven entirely wrong. Purely off of "player strength," this lineup still doesn't scream first seed IMO. But I have to imagine this is a very motivated and active group of players who clearly have strong prep sensibilities. Their SV has had a rotating cast but reliably goes 2-1 every week, especially thanks to Frag's 3-1 record –– and while I don't agree with every team choice so far, the Skwovets have brought some interesting stuff throughout the weeks and are generally securing matchups in their favor. Whatever they're doing is working, basically. Still, I put them in second place just because they have definitely had their fair share of luck this season. This really feels like one of those teams that dominate the regular season and then goes on to lose in finals (a tale as old as time).

Aside from BW, I think the pastgens on this team are relatively weaker compared to the first and third places in my PRs. They pick up two or three wins across the five slots every week (Mono is now a pastgen for convenience's sake), which is pretty good but not great. Blui, their normal ORAS with a 2-1 record, is currently benched, but he probably returns for playoffs. Quziel (also benched) is another ORAS option but I think he'll have stronger performances in current gen. Ina fable is someone who I initially wanted for my own team's SS until we got dex for a good price and ina's price started shooting up. I think her play and loads this season have been really strong (I am ignoring the auru psyspam), but it's sorta hard to tell because a lot of her games so far have featured luck both for and against her. TGA is obviously reliable, dude went for like 20k and is 3-1, he ain't unbeatable but this is clearly one of their stronger slots. Again, DPP and mono are beyond me but inno went 2-0 in DPP the last two weeks and anything can happen in mono so those slots seem fine enough. This is a much better team than I initially gave it credit for and it's cool to see them perform so well –– but still, something in me says they won't be able to go all the way.

3RD PLACE - DEEP FRIED FINNEONS
SV CAP: Enzonana.
SV CAP: Potatochan
SV CAP: Ciro napoli
SS CAP: Ikaishi
ORAS CAP: Seasons
BW CAP: Maxouille
DPP CAP: Brigtel

CAP Monotype: crashy

I evaluted this team at a distant first place right after the draft, and yet we now see them fighting for a chance just to make semifinals. What went wrong? Well, it's hard to say! Perhaps this is just D2's curse manifesting itself yet again. I think it can also be hard to motivate OU/Tours mains sometimes when it's a teamtour like this with no actual prize. Their series against the Skwovets was particularly unlucky too, and, well, I could probably go on, but truthfully not much had been going right for these guys until they won against my team last week (yw). Their SV looked bonkers on paper, but Potatochan at 2-2 is having his worst run since two CAPPLs ago, feen went 1-3 before being substituted for Enzo, and Ciro probably isn't performing as well as D2 and Lasen had hoped either (although 2-2 for 8k is still decent). If this team can get their shit together in SV then I think they easily make playoffs and are huge contenders to win the tour.

Pastgens started off rocky for this team but I think they found their winning formula last week, which they've repeated again here. Ikaishi isn't the strongest SS in the pool but he's a good player, he knows how to win games and I reckon he'll be reliable enough moving foward. Their most expensive player by far, Seasons, is surprisingly 2-2 (GOREX diff), but imo is still the hardest ORAS to beat in this tour. I haven't been watching the ORAS games too closely but my guess is that it's more of a prep issue than a play one? Max just won the big BW money tour so he's presumably quite good in that slot, I dunno, BW's not my tier. Brigtel kinda lucked vs Buns last week but from my miniscule DPP knowledge I know he's still dangerous regardless of his luck stat. And yeah crashy is 3-1 out here making CAP Mono look consistent which is dope to see. This team loses a lot of games that I feel like they're favored in so if they stop doing that then I think they're kinda unstoppable. Jury is still out tho. Personally hoping they get fucked this week so that Lasen is tilted for our champs series.

4TH PLACE - BELO FIGO BELLSPROUTS
SV CAP: Mada
SV CAP: SHSP
SV CAP: Scizivire
SS CAP: ChrisPBacon
ORAS CAP: BigFatMantis
BW CAP: LuckOverSkill
DPP CAP: Lazuli

CAP Monotype: roxie

Ok I'm getting kinda tired of writing at this point so idrk what to say about this team other than I'm rooting for my boys SHSP and Sciz but I do not really forsee a finals run here. In my head I had this team at 3rd or 4th after the draft and they've more or less performed to expectations. I like SHSP a lot in SV, I think Sciz's creativity has been huge for him so far (though I will say he can't just keep winning with random offense forever, as evidenced by his W4 game), I haven't loved Mada's SV loads but I know he's a solid player so he'll be fine too... overall though I guess I'm just not wowed by the whole lineup? Chris in SS is easily the standout slot, his style can be kinda exploitable (see his game vs dex) but he's a good enough player to where it's hardly an issue and I know he's capable of mixing things up if he tries. Lazuli is the only other slot that's really doing well but I can't say whether it's a fluke or not (lack of DPP knowledge strikes again). This team is also vs the Blazikens this week which is far from an easy matchup. They have playoff odds for sure but I think some stars would seriously need to align for them to take home finals.

5TH PLACE - PANNUCLES OF SPOOCAP
SV CAP: DripLegend
SV CAP: Kaif
SV CAP: Darek
SS CAP: dex
ORAS CAP: gorex
BW CAP: zaydapoketrainer
DPP CAP: Steam Buns

CAP Monotype: TTTech

Well, what can I say, I just couldn't bear to rank my own team last! I'm not gonna make excuses for our poor performance, it is what it is, but I don't think we played to our potential this tour and that's always unfortunate to see happen. Our hearts just weren't in it at points –– mine included –– and it definitely showed. I'm not too torn up about it since there was no prize this tour, and I had a lot of fun managing this group, so I've got no regrets about how things turned out. Special shoutout to DripLegend for loading a boots spam team, letting 4 mons get knocked in the first 10 turns including his fucking Volcaona and unpoisoned Gliscor, and then proceeding to win anyways. He is also our only positive player after 4 weeks (goat). Anyways I'll be back to win the trophy for CAPPL, cheers

6TH PLACE - PROMETEO PRIMEAPES
SV CAP: Suzuya
SV CAP: Fc
SV CAP: pichus
SS CAP: temp
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories
BW CAP: tier
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle

CAP Monotype: byulharang

I think this team is 4th seed right now according to Geko's spreadsheet? I'd rank them at 5th if it weren't for the shame of putting my own team in last place, but they are also the only team we didn't lose against if that tells you anything. Interestingly enough, the Nohfaces are really being carried by their cheapest players, with 4.5k pichus and 5.5k binpin both sitting at 3-1. Don't ask me how but Binpin's training arc high atop the mountains of New Jersey has clearly been paying off despite the CAP shadow council's best efforts to make him go winless. 15k tier is the final 3-1 on this team, putting up another strong record in BW as I think most people expected. Most other slots are really not showing good numbers though, including 17k egalvanc who straight up cancered and had to be subbed out 2 weeks in a row, so this team looks dangerously reliant on their three star players to keep doing their thing. I don't see this as a super reliable formula for victory but I suppose time will tell. They're up against the Finneons this week too, who I rate quite highly, but both teams should be hungry for a win to secure their chance at playoffs. At the very least I'm hoping the specators get a good series.

Well... that's all, folks! I'll see you again for Week 5 of CAPPL!
Tours nearly over we don't care

Go finneons

Personal Predictions

Nefarious Nohfaces (5) vs (3) The Deep Fried Finneons
SV CAP: Suzuya vs Enzonana - Might be close since Suzuya just barely outvalues Enzo who hasn't played yet but they have the better momentum.
SV CAP: Fc vs Potatochan - Potatochan is considered a very top notch player and has the better record.
SV CAP: pichus vs Ciro napoli - Pichus is second only to Bin Pin in value and has a better record.
SS CAP: temp vs Ikaishi - Temp is going through it.
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories vs Seasons - They have similar records but lostmemories has gotten more value out of their price.
BW CAP: tier vs Maxouille - Maxouille is technically better valued but Tier has a great record.
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Brigtel - Against all odds Bin Pin is the most valuable player in the tournament, most likely to win.
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs crashy - Nohfaces had bad monoslot the entire tournament and Crashy has one of the best records.

Shoenice Skwovets (7) vs (1) Pannucles of Spoocap
SV CAP: Fragments vs DripLegend - Must maintain the agenda
SV CAP: seroo vs Kaif - Must maintain the agenda
SV CAP: snake vs Darek - Must maintain the agenda
SS CAP: Ina fable vs dex - Must maintain the agenda
ORAS CAP: Concept Everything vs Pannucotta - Not even the agenda is strong enough for me to bold Concept this man has given the most absurd teams ever and I just know he will load bullshit, get fished by the matchup and get 6-0'd.
BW CAP: TGA vs zaydapoketrainer - Must maintain the agenda
DPP CAP: BijouMode vs Steam Buns - Must maintain the agenda
CAP Monotype: sapphiree vs TTTech - TTTech is goated they should have used him a while ago but must maintain the agenda.

Brooklyn Blazikens (4) vs (4) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Mada - Going 3-1 as manager is actually insane this guy might be truely goated.
SV CAP: memedose46 vs SHSP - memedose hasn't been shown yet but SHSP is not having a good run so im very divisive on this one. Gonna give it to SHSP cause more meta knowledge.
SV CAP: Liimpy vs Scizivire - Can't assess Liimpy's perfomance but Scizivire is having a great tour so im going with him.
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs ChrisPBacon - Very fun matchup, both great players, ChrisPBacon just happens to be more valuable.
ORAS CAP: LBN vs BigFatMantis - LBN is having a great record + is in the top 10 of most valuable players right now.
BW CAP: Waldinji vs LuckOverSkill - LuckOverSkill also not a great run and Waldinji just won against one of the strongest Skwovets.
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Lazuli - Lazuli is having an incredible run as well and has higher momentum so I give it to them.
CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs roxie - Ashbala has less losses and a higher value so im going with them.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Nefarious Nohfaces (5) vs (3) The Deep Fried Finneons
SV CAP: Suzuya vs Enzonana. - I almost bolded Enzo said "I'm not super familiar either of these players, but Enzo has a trophy" but then I remembered Suzuya is Inder, so yeah, bolding who I'm more familiar with.
SV CAP: Fc vs Potatochan - Potatochan's record, while not bad by any means, certainly doesn't reflect his status as a titan that he was these last couple tournaments. However, I do think he still a really hard opponent to beat, and Fc hasn't been doing well in this tournament either so it kinda makes up for it.
SV CAP: pichus vs Ciro napoli - Bolding the player with the better record.
SS CAP: temp vs Ikaishi - temp has not had a good run this tournament at all, and unless something changes, I think it's going to stay that way.
ORAS CAP: Lostmemories vs Seasons - Realistically I should be bolding Seasons here, but I'm bolding Lostmemories because I want to bold the Nohfaces
BW CAP: tier vs Maxouille - *Redacted*
DPP CAP: Binacle Pinnacle vs Brigtel - I can't believe I'm about to unironically say this, but binpin is probably the biggest threat in DPP right now, and he's definitely got enough motivation to keep his hotstreak going. Meanwhile, while I really can't say that the Finneons have no or even bad support for DPP, their track record in this slot hasn't been great. Brigtel is a good player though, so they definetely have a real fighting shot here.
CAP Monotype: byulharang vs crashy - It's well known that I have zero respect for the Nohfaces' Monotype slot. I'm not going to repeat what I've been saying nearly all tournament.

Brooklyn Blazikens (4) vs (4) Bello Figo Bellsprouts
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Mada - Jai Hind
SV CAP: memedose46 vs SHSP - SHSP's performance hasn't been great this tour admittedly, but I'm bolding him since I consider him a better player and has a lot more motivation to try to win this
SV CAP: Liimpy vs Scizivire - Jai Hind
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs ChrisPBacon - At this point it's very much caught on that Sylveon is just using the same team over and over again, and he will get punished for it sooner or later (We noticed it last week and tried to punish him for it, but luck wasn't in our favor). If the Bellsprouts are doing any remotely competent prep, I'm expecting a mazar bot load from Chris here.
ORAS CAP: LBN vs BigFatMantis - LBN is impossible to prep for man, the guy loads random shitmons and still wins with them somehow
BW CAP: Waldinji vs LuckOverSkill - Waldinji is probably second to only binpin for the title of the player I underestimated the most this tournament. He's legitimately done quite a bit better than I thought he would in the couple of games he's been in so far. However, I think LuckOverSkill is a better player overall, and again has more motivation to want to win this matchup.
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Lazuli - Don't have a whole lot to say here honestly. I just have a gut feeling Ainzcrad has this.
CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs roxie - My third case of saying "They are a better player and they have more motivation to win" for the games between these two teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)