Status
Not open for further replies.

Name: Carbink
Type: Rock / Fairy
Abilities: Clear Body / Sturdy
Base Stats: 50 / 50 / 150 / 50 / 150 / 50
Stats unconfirmed

General Description:
Defog helps out Carbink in a number of ways. Ho-Oh counters are in even larger demand and his crippling reliance on Toxic isn't as bothersome due to Spikes stacking no longer being an issue. Plus he's adorable and I like him.

Level-Up Movepool:
Lv01 - Tackle
Lv01 - Harden
Lv05 - Rock Throw
Lv08 - Sharpen
Lv12 - Smack Down
Lv18 - Reflect
Lv21 - Stealth Rock
Lv27 - Guard Swap
Lv31 - Ancient Power
Lv35 - Flail
Lv40 - Skill Swap
Lv46 - Power Gem
Lv49 - Stone Edge
Lv50 - Moonblast
Lv60 - Light Screen
Lv70 - Safeguard

TM & HM Compatibility:
TM04: Calm Mind
TM17: Protect
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM29: Psychic
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM37: Sandstorm
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM48: Round
TM64: Explosion
TM69: Rock Polish
TM70: Flash
Tm71: Stone Edge
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM77: Psych Up
TM80: Rock Slide
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Sleep Talk
TM90: Substitute
TM92: Trick Room
TM96: Nature Power
TM99: Dazzling Gleam
TM100: Confide

<donkey> GUYS
<donkey> IVE THOUGHT ABOT CARBINK
<donkey> MY CONCLUSION: ITS SEMI-LEGIT

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Carbink really deserves it's own thread! I've used a RestTalk physically bulky set with Stone Edge/Toxic and it can wall Ho-Oh/Rayqauza easy, unless they run something like Iron Tail. You can also deal with a lot of other more special Pokemon like Yveltal and Reshiram and hit back with Stone Edge. Toxic and Sturdy are good in random situations where you just need to stall something out too. It's really a good utility counter to dangerous threats, it is Steel and Taunt weak but those are easy to fix with teammates.

It's also Specs Kyogre fodder which is why I've considered a Protect variant but, meh, no RestTalk means Ho-Oh burns suck. Probably better to just run a strong Specs Kyogre counter instead.

Manaphy

It's also Specs Kyogre fodder which is why I've considered a Protect variant but, meh, no RestTalk means Ho-Oh burns suck. Probably better to just run a strong Specs Kyogre counter instead.
Specs Kyogre is something every team should be prepared for anyway, at least on Carbink it usually won't get a completely free switch-in thanks to Toxic.

Yeah, I mean it just sucks if you rely on like Grassy to check specs Ogre since you'll have to predict the spout vs ice beam. Probably better to have something more reliable like an assualt vest Palkia or something.

Stone Edge pops the sub, or Carbink can pp stall. That works too. (2 turns of Rest makes it easy)

Manaphy

OK so me and Melee Mewtwo were talking in IRC and decided that Rock Tomb was a pretty sweet option. You can 2HKO Ho-Oh with it, and the Speed Drop allows you to do cool things like bypass Taunt to get a Toxic off or support your teammates.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stone Edge pops the sub, or Carbink can pp stall. That works too. (2 turns of Rest makes it easy)
Yeah pp stalling works but i think that Rock Slide or Rock Tomb are far better options for such a defensive Pokemon than having a 80% accurate move with 8 pps. Rock Tomb is probably the best option as the Speed lowering effect makes this thing harder to take advantage of and the damage difference doesn't seem important (as long as it breaks Ho-Oh's subs it is fine).

As for EV spreads, it probably wants max HP / max SpD+, to fare as good as possible against Yveltal. With such a spread Yveltal's best chance against Carbink is Focus Blast:
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 103-121 (33.88 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Which although always 3HKOes, only has a 34% chance of hitting three consecutive times and also needs to hit Carbink on the switch.

Last edited:
Carbinky (Carbink) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Now go out there and preach the holy gospel. Stop the almighty Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza in their tracks. (and yes you must use the nickname Carbinky)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Carbinky (Carbink) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Now go out there and preach the holy gospel. Stop the almighty Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza in their tracks. (and yes you must use the nickname Carbinky)
176+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Carbink: 161-190 (52.96 - 62.5%) -- 98.44% chance to 2HKO

Carbink is definitely a nice check to a Pokemon that got even more dangerous in Gen 6 though. Guess I have to start using Earthquake Ho-Oh whenever I fight Melee Mewtwo...

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
WreckDra sucks and Carbink rules eternal, sadly I think this thing is entirely completely outclassed by Diancie in every way now, no? There's no move Carbink gets that Diancie doesn't :( it's a shame because Carbink is cute af and Diancie looks like garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)