Pet Mod Clean Slate 2

Name of the Pokemon: Turtonator
Role(s): Special Wall
Type: Dragon/Rock
Abilities: Solid Rock/Battle Armor/Gleaming Shell
Stat Distribution: 120/95/70/40/140/70 (BST 525)
Movepool Additions: Accelerock, Stone Edge, Dragon Tail
Movepool Removals: Shell Smash, all Fire moves
Custom Elements: Gleaming Shell: Fur Coat clone for SpDef.
Justification: Turtonator is a fearsome wall to overcome, able to switch into even many super effective special hits with the combination of its huge SpDef and Gleaming Shell, and to dismantle a full head of momentum with Dragon Tail. However, it struggles offensively, with middling Attack, abysmal Special Attack, and a lacking offensive movepool, is quite vulnerable to status, and is far less adept at handling physical attackers, often having to rely on Iron Defense or Curse.

Name of the Pokemon: Whiscash
Role(s): Rain Setter
Type: Water/Electric
Abilities: Static/Anticipation/Drizzle
Stat Distribution: 100/60/95/90/115/80 (BST 530)
Movepool Additions: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Parabolic Charge, Thunder Wave, Agility
Movepool Removals: All Ground-type moves, Dragon Dance, Sandstorm, Icy Wind
Custom Elements: N/A
Justification: Whiscash is a rain setter who, like Pelipper, can enter, set rain, and switch out to a boosted teammate or wreak havoc with a powerful STAB special move that cannot miss. Although more focused on bulk stats-wise, Whiscash can punch holes in teams with Thunder while boosted by rain, especially with a setup tool in Agility. It can also use Parabolic Charge for decent healing against foes that are already paralyzed or weak to it like the aforementioned Pelipper.

This is my first submission. Wish me luck. If anyone has comments on balancing, don't hesitate to let me know.
Added a second mon to replace Unfezant for voting. Meet Super Saiyan Lanturn Whiscash.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Enabler 1: Cookie Butter, Demon Dragon, Scoopapa
Enabler 2: pileosand, G-Luke, Anaconja
Enabler 3: G-Luke, Demon Dragon, Leonard
Enabler 4: Demon Dragon, Anaconja, pileosand

Last edited:
Enabler 1: Cookie Butter, Demon Dragon, Scoopapa
Enabler 2: Tuthur1, pileosand, Anaconja
Enabler 3: Demon Dragon, Leonard, Spook
Enabler 4: Demon Dragon, Cookie Butter, Tuthur1

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Enabler 1: G-Luke, Cookie Butter, Demon Dragon
Enabler 2: pileosand, Cookie Butter, Spook
Enabler 3: Anaconja, pileosand, Cookie Butter
Enabler 4: pileosand, leonard, Tuthur1

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
enabler 1: leonard, cookie butter, demon dragon
enabler 2: anaconja, tuthur1, pileosand
enabler 3: anaconja, spook, leonard
enabler 4: leonard, anaconja, pileosand

Enabler 1: leonard, annaconja, Cookie Butter
Enabler 2: leonard, Demon Dragon, Tuther 1, Springy
Enabler 3: leonard, G-Luke, Springy
Enabler 4: leonard, G-Luke, Demon Dragon , Senol Sal
(Still no vote for me from anyone lol)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Enabler 1: leonard, Tuther1, anaconja
Enabler 2: pileosand, Gravity Monkey, Spook
Enabler 3: anaconja, Spook, Scoopapa
Enabler 4: leonard, Tuther1, Senor Sal

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Enabler 1: Cookie Butter, Scoopapa, Demon Dragon
Enabler 2: leonard, Scoopapa, Anaconja
Enabler 3:
Cookie Butter, G-Luke, Demon Dragon
Enabler 4: leonard, Tuther1, pileosand

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Enabler 1: G-Luke, Cookie Butter, Spook
Enabler 2: Tuthur1, Spook, Cookie Butter
Enabler 3: Spook, pileosand, Anaconja
Enabler 4: G-Luke, leonard, Cookie Butter

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Winners:
For slot one there is a tie between my Dhelmise and Cookie Butter's Altaria.

For slot 2, we have trapping now (hooray...):

Name of the Pokemon: Togekiss
Role(s): Trapper, Choice Scarf, Hazard Control
Type:

Abilities: Zephyr
Stat Distribution: 110/70/100/120/100/90 | 590
Movepool Additions: Oblivion Wings, Roost, Defog, U-turn
Movepool Removal: Nasty Plot
Custom Element: Zephyr: the foe is trapped for the next turn. (Intimidate+Fairy Lock)
Justification: Togekiss is meant to be a trapper that can fit in every archetype and which is more balanced than Dugtrio or Gothitelle. In contrary to the former, it is slower than most wallbreakers and needs a Choice Scarf to trap them, and due to Zephyr only lasting on turn, it can't trap walls that it doesn't OHKO (they can click recover on the turn they got trapped and then switch out). And unlike Gothitelle, it can't trap something for dozens of turn and use it as set up fodder, due to Zephyr nature.
+: Great type that gives Togekiss useful resistances and immunity and allows it to trap Pokemon like Snorlax and locked Gumshoos. Togekiss can fit on most archetype from offense to stall.
-: Weak STAB moves and coverage, reliance on Specs to break through walls and on Scarf to trap faster foes like Zacian and Cherim. Zephyr is a powerful ability but due to it only lasting on turn, Togekiss can't reliably remove a threat until it got weakened.
Choice Scarf
Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Zephyr
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wings
- Trick
- U-turn
- Defog / Aurasphere

Pivot
Togekiss @ Heavy Duty Boots / Eject Button
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wings
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Wallbreaker
Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wings
- Trick
- U-turn
- Aurasphere
For the third winner we have Scolipede:

Name of the Pokemon: Scolipede
Role(s): Status Spreader
Type:

Abilities: Swarm / Poison Point / Poison Touch
Stat Distribution: 90/120/89/65/89/122 (575 BST)
Movepool Additions: U-Turn, Drill Run
Movepool Removals: Megahorn, Spikes
Justification: Poison Touch Pheromosa is pretty godly in BH so let's have it here. Scolipede spreads status pretty easily by spamming U-Turn on everything, and it can also use Toxic Spikes. However, it has a bit of trouble against really fat things like Walrein and Stoujourner.
And for the last slot we have ghost blissey:

Pokemon: Cursola
Roles: Special Wall
Type:

Abilities:
Cloud Nine / Cursed Body | Natural Cure
Stats: 60 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 210 / 30 (570 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Heal Bell, Knock Off
Movepool Removals: Earth Power, Ice Beam, Will-o-Wisp
Justification: Frankly, you can't have true stall without that blanket-check wall. Cursola beats all special attackers at the moment, and will continue to do so until we get a STAB ghost or dark special attacker. Has rocks, heal bell, everything you need to have the beginnings of a stall team.
If I can be honest for a second, I think this archetype slate was kind of bust. While stall is definitely a possibility now with trapping and a blanket wall available, I don't think Poison Spam offense will be prevalent with Weezing and Walrein present (rendering Scolipede a boots pivot on bulky offense, probably. Lowkey want to give it Spikes back to make it suicide lead if it ends up being bad) and Zephyr's dominant usage seems to be revenge killing Zacian and Cherrim with scarf as the only wall it preys on is Snorlax, which isn't looking like a massive roadblock at the moment- So Togekiss is more of a boost to bulkier archetypes. For the tiebreaker we have 2 potential offensive archetypes materializing, that being rain (we already have Toad for a swift swim mon) or the potential of Mist Offense (albeit the only abusers I can think of is Close Combat Zacian, which isn't really inhibited too much by the defense drops and running extended mist for just that sounds lame- We would need an abuser that exclusively has access to 130 BP -2 stat droppers and no worthy alternatives for extended mist to be worth it imo, and even then that's just a core. Obviously an experimental archetype that hasn't been done before, but idk if the benefits are really appealing enough beyond just abusing it with just Altaria as another bulky offense option. Like is it really worth semi-hobbling your team outside of mist just for a +20 BP boost from Overheat-type moves compared to Fire Blast-type moves?).

Going to have to wait for the tiebreaker to be done before the next slate, because I gotta think about what to do next here. Obviously Cookie Butter and I cannot vote here. Well, unless we want to vote for each other's.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
dhelmise
I don't think Poison Spam offense will be prevalent with Weezing and Walrein present (rendering Scolipede a boots pivot on bulky offense, probably. Lowkey want to give it Spikes back to make it suicide lead if it ends up being bad)
An option I was thinking of was adding moves like Iron Head or Close Combat to hit Weezing and Walrein, respectively - that should limit their ability to switch in safely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)