Combos in UU

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Escavalier + Kingdra

They cover each other's weaknesses perfectly, letting Escavalier switch in on Draco Meteors and Outrages targeted at Kingdra, while Kingdra does the same for fire attacks directed at Escavalier. Escavalier's CB Megahorn/Iron Head massively weakens opposing steel types, allowing Kingdra to sweep unhindered later on.

Heracross + Medicham

Against an offensive or balance team, Band Heracross is awesome because it destroys every type of counter Scarf Medicham has. It can Pursuit Ghosts as well as break through Psychic-types. Heracross doesn't break Poison-types but Medicham can actually handle those. Against a stall team, Medicham can trick its scarf onto one of the Fighting-type counters and Heracross should have an easy time sweeping with CC.

Azumarill+Roserade
is an amazing combo. Azu kills fast frail sweepers such as VICTINI and more while roserade kills bulky waters with grass attacks and bulky grassed with hidden power fire. You know, those things that wall Azu. Also, Azumarill can switch in on the ice and fire attacks aimed towards Roserade. Rosy can switch in on the electric and grass attacks aimed at Azumarillm, too.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Azumarill+Roserade
is an amazing combo. Azu kills fast frail sweepers such as VICTINI and more while roserade kills bulky waters with grass attacks and bulky grassed with hidden power fire. You know, those things that wall Azu. Also, Azumarill can switch in on the ice and fire attacks aimed towards Roserade. Rosy can switch in on the electric and grass attacks aimed at Azumarillm, too.
wouldn't it be better to go with Sludge Wave for killing Grasses? I mean, Ferro is OU.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Flygon and Rotom-H are a great combo. Modest Specs and Adamant Band can just switch between each other with U-Turn and Volt Switch as long as Stealth Rocks are off the field. UU isn't that fast a tier and 299 Speed goes a lot further than it would seem to go. Rotom hits like 270 which is respectable but the real boon in this combination is the >500 Special Attack STAB attack and the ~500 Attack U-Turns to pummel the rest of the tier with. This combo is especially good with a Spinner and SR support. Donphan does that well.

Remember that though you outspeed a lot, anything with >=300 Speed can outspeed every part of the combo, so make sure of that.

Mixed SD Zoroark is awesome in combination with Scarf Heracross. Try it, it works very nice. Set up SD with Zoroark or feign your Zoroark and Megahorn the fuck out of your opponent. SD+Sucker Punch is awesome too on Zoroark, too bad the best fighting move Zoroark has is Low Sweep. That gives away the Illusion.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Roserade + Rhyperior

Pretty basic entry hazard duo: Rhyperior sets up SR, Roserade sets up Spikes. This can be accomplished by numerous other combinations, but the beauty between these two lies in the amount of synergy they share. Some of Roserade's most common switch-in's include Staraptor, Arcanine, Chansey, and various other Fire / Flying types. Note that Rhyperior can take advantage of every single one of those Mons, making it very easy for it to set up SR. On the other hand, Rhyperior's switch-in's include Bulky Waters, Grass-types, and Hitmontop. Just like it's counterpart, Roserade easily sets up it's entry hazard of choice on these Mons. This combo works really well on offensive teams looking for a good spikestacking core that doesn't give up the offensive pressure.

That warstory that was posted recently had Slowbro+Tangrowth as a physically defensive core (H ran Chansey alongside it). The idea was to keep switching between those two.

Also, Rotom H+Flygon. YES. FLYGON. Really, why do I never see it anymore. It's still one of the best scouts/U-Turners of UU. Oh wait. Staraptor. Duh.

Roserade+Arcanine+Milotic is both an offensive and defensive core.
oh yes. that was my core. tangrowth and slowbro works really wel with chansey. however, if you dont wanto to waste three spots, sloking also works nicely has special wall). but remember guts heracross can SWEEP. so maybe dusclops?

Arcanine and Roserade are awesome together.
You can go on the offence with a physical Arcanine and a LO Roserade, or even set up (toxic) spikes with Roserade and spam roar with Arcanine.
No bulky waters like taking a LO leaf strom or getting poisoned.

How is Venomoth + Nidoking not listed as a Combo? Srsly.

Venomoth Quiver Dance passes to a special sheer force nidoking. Nidoking, even with just one Quiver Dance, is even more powerful and is finally fast enough to be really threatening.

Chansey is a hard counter to this I suppose, but Nidoking can work really well mixed with Superpower or Earthquake/Bulldoze.

How is Venomoth + Nidoking not listed as a Combo? Srsly.

Venomoth Quiver Dance passes to a special sheer force nidoking. Nidoking, even with just one Quiver Dance, is even more powerful and is finally fast enough to be really threatening.

Chansey is a hard counter to this I suppose, but Nidoking can work really well mixed with Superpower or Earthquake/Bulldoze.
I've tested this combo, and it's not nearly as impressive as it seems on paper. Both pokes are paper-thin on their own, both weak to psychic (which for some reason I see a lot lately), and in the end, sheer force nidoking is cool, but still overrated.

I've tested this combo, and it's not nearly as impressive as it seems on paper. Both pokes are paper-thin on their own, both weak to psychic (which for some reason I see a lot lately), and in the end, sheer force nidoking is cool, but still overrated.
psychics are beaten by venomoth's bug buzz...the best way to beat venomoth is either status, phazing or jsut using something that can take its bug buzz, but thats what it Baton pass is for..to get it out of there when it cant beat something nidoking can..the combo shows great results even when decently played...

Meltra

formerly Himanattsu
Heracross + Medicham

Against an offensive or balance team, Band Heracross is awesome because it destroys every type of counter Scarf Medicham has. It can Pursuit Ghosts as well as break through Psychic-types. Heracross doesn't break Poison-types but Medicham can actually handle those. Against a stall team, Medicham can trick its scarf onto one of the Fighting-type counters and Heracross should have an easy time sweeping with CC.
This combo is very underestimated in UU, it's kind of like Raquaza and Salamence in 4th Gen Ubers. The two basically do the same job, and when their counters are weakened/dead and one of the sweepers dies in the process, the other can just sweep easily from there.

A good Defensive Combo I've been using is Empoleon+Eviolite Gligar. Empoleon Has great SpD and Gligar has an amazingly good Def. Empoleon can take toxic aimed at Gligar, and Gligar can take T-Wave. Gligar is immune or resists all of Empoleon's weaknesses, and Empoleon x4 resists Gligar's Ice weakness.

Dragonite and Zoroak

Another good combo to try is Dragonite and Zoroak. Dragonite can KO fighting types and Zoroak if you teach him Flamethrower can KO Ice type pokemon. Which Dragonite is especially weak to.

Another good combo to try is Dragonite and Zoroak. Dragonite can KO fighting types and Zoroak if you teach him Flamethrower can KO Ice type pokemon. Which Dragonite is especially weak to.
Not only is that a poor combo but this thread is for UU combos.

Weezing and Zoroark could work. Weezing resists Zoroark's weaknesses and Zoroark is immune to Weezing's one weakness. A fun strategy I've tried in OU is having my lead Zoroark disguised as Weezing, which I suppose could work in UU as well.

^ Let's just hope your foe sticks to Stealth Rock, eh? Spikes and Toxic Spikes both kill the Illusion, since Weezing's a Levitating Poison-type.

okay everybody let's learn that entry hazards + illusion = fail combo is fail. if you are using a pokemon with levitate, and zoroark comes in on that pokemon (cough gengar), THEN THE ENTRY HAZARDS HURT IT AND YOUR OPPONENT QQs and you lose.

Zoroak

That Weezing and Zoroak combo seems to work well. But yeah Stealth Rocks Spikes or any other entry move would take out illusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)