[COMPLETED] Crobat

Not sure if I should be asking this here, but are having multiple leftovers on a Pokemon illegal in play? I keep seeing it in builds.

No it is not illegal.

Also, QC agreed on the following set for the Defog:

Utility-Bat

Crobat@Leftovers / Life Orb
-Brave Bird
-Defog
-Roost
-U-Turn
Jolly nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Last edited:
You forgot to remove Defog from the first set; it should only have U-Turn as the first slash and Toxic can be mentioned in Additional set comments. Also add Rotom-W to counters.

Once that is done consider this...

QC APPROVED 1/3 :toast:

GOOD WORK!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if those Attack EVs on the first set are necessary if you're running Super Fang over BB as your first slot. I'd just go full investment in bulk if that was the case. Maybe you should make this clear in the comments.

qc 2/3

IloveslakingIGN
looking goodra my nigga.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IloveslakingIGN

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[Pros]
<p>
<ul>
<li> Ground immunity, Toxic immunity</li>
<li>Poison typing hits super effectively against Grass- and Fairy-types super effectively, and Infiltrator with new mechanics allows Crobat to damage opponents sitting behind a Substitute</li>
<li>Super fast Taunt</li>
<li>Decent defensive typing.</li>
</ul>
</p>

[Cons]
<p>
<ul>
<li>Needs to use super effective attacks to deal most of its damage</li>
<li>Weak to common attacking types such as Electric, Ice, and Rock.</li>
<li>Average defenses.</li>
</ul>
</p>

[Set Recommendations]
space
<p>Crobat @ Leftovers<br />
Ability: Infiltrator<br/>
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe <br />
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)<br />
- Brave Bird/Super Fang<br />
- Taunt<br />
- U-Turn/Toxic<br />
- Roost</p>

<p>Brave Bird is the main slash, allowing Crobat to pick off fragile Pokemon such as Greninja and Alakazam while Super Fang is Crobat's only way to deal with bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory, (comma) allowing it Crobat to beat it with a combination of Taunt, Super Fang and Roost.</p><p> The EV spread is optimal for Crobat, allowing him it to OHKO Alakazam, and (RC) Trevenant, (RC) and 2HKO specially defensive Tentacruel, (RC) and offensive Starmie and is better than full investment in bulk. You Crobat can also OHKO Greninja after a little bit of residual damage. However, if you do without forgo Brave Bird, you Crobat can use can go with a bulkier EV spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Speed.</p>

<p>Crobat @ Leftovers / Life Orb <br />
Ability: Infiltrator<br/>
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe <br />
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)<br />
- Brave Bird<br />
- Defog<br />
- Roost<br />
- U-Turn</p>

<p>This set plays differently from the above set, attempting to remove the opponent's entry hazards and screens so that another team member can come in after a quick U-turn and wreck the opponent's team. This Crobat should not be brought in until the opponent's entry hazard users have been defeated.</p><p>Defog is the entire purpose of this set, so it is a must on the moveset. Roost recovers HP and rids Crobat of its Flying Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type weaknesseses. Beware, though, as slower Ground-type moves will now be super effective on Crobat on the turn Roost is used. U-turn gains momentum, allowing you Crobat to damage the opponent a little bit and allow you to bring in a counter. However, Brave Bird is the primary offensive move and Crobat's best attack, allowing you Crobat to beat up the opponent's Pokemon with ease.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
space
<p>Any Steel-type with decent defense will beat Crobat or force it out. Magnezone and Magneton come to mind immediately, as they are immune to Poison-type attacks, resisting U-Turn, quad 4x resisting Brave Bird, and can OHKO back with Thunderbolt, while not being afraid of Taunt. Mega Scizor and non-mega Scizor can outspeed with Bullet Punch and OHKO or 2HKO after a prior hit, depending on its state. Aegislash stops Crobat in its tracks as well.</p>
space
<p>Repeated, unresisted, powerful attacks work well too. Heloptile can come in, especially when holding Choice Scarf, and OHKO Crobat with Thunderbolt. However, Heloptile takes a good chunk of damage from Brave Bird, and is therefore only viable as a revenge killer against Crobat. Barbaracle can come and force Crobat to U-turn away fearing with Stone Edge. Avalugg can take a hit from U-turn or Brave Bird with ease, (RC) and come strike back at the next poke with a double-powered Avalanche. Mega Alakazam can come in, outspeed, and revenge kill OHKO with Psychic or Psyshock. Rotom-W can also OHKO easily with its Thunderbolt</p>

1/1
Take care to read the standards next time. Also, post here when you are ready for GP checks!

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
You say:
Poison Typing hits Grass- and Fairy- types super effectively
But make no mention of poison type moves. Shouldn't you either include cross-poison or another STAB attack in a set, or remove that comment from the Pro's section?

Is there any particular reason why you're maxing out Attack on the Defog set? Wouldn't it be better to max out HP instead (or 248 EVs for the odd number) since Crobat plays more of a supporting role with its Defog set?

EDIT: I appreciate the "likes" but I really want a response to my question lol.

Last edited:
It appears this thread has reverted to its original post... Great.

In response to the above post, SOMALIA (and maybe he can chime in) posted that I should make a set with Brave Bird/Defog/???/??? with the given spread, so I threw one in there. QC Declined a full CB set. I'm not sure how it got past QC like that but since Crobat is the fastest user of defog currently, I thought it made sense to throw it on there. I could theoretically do a Defensive Defog set, but i'll get back into that later as I have to get ready for work in a bit.

Last edited:
This is probably something slightly insignificant, but since crobat is a poison type shouldn't it be holding black sludge over leftovers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)