Confirmed rules for the Gamestop tournament

TBH, not everybody has awesomely IV'd and Natured Legends. For those that do, it would be a ridiculous advantage over the run-of-the-mill players, which is what most of the population is. I mean hell, some of you guys could just run 2-3 well-trained, well IV'd and Natured Ubers, and completely overrun most people that will be at the torneys *note: MOST people*...

I would say that playing with the Uber clause would be fair for the torneys, but that's just opinionated.

omg i have the data for Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus so i wont be participating unless i want to use my sisters game. :/

Heavily agreed. Wobbuffet is something that at least one kid will bring into the tournament.
I'd happen to be that 19 year old "kid" XP

Chances are it'll just be me and my friends going. I'm driving back up to school to meet with my buddy who lives there, and we're going to a tiny little gamestop that's appearantly holding it. We battled on WiFi already so I know I trump all of them (no ubers, sleep clause), and if it's just us, then it's just a few quick battles for PBR, which I would have bout if it was only 20 bucks.

I do have Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus in my 'dex, but they were traded to me, and all the Pokemon I use are legit. I doubt they'd check everyone's games anyways, since some stores are going to be packed. If the Pokemon are brought into PBR, there shouldn't be a problem.

And honestly, I think you're all getting worked up about the rules. I doubt they'll be enforcing sleep or item or species or whatever the heck rules the Pokemon metagame has seen pop up, since they're not usually seen outside of the metagame anyways, so the ratio is small.

To put it into perspective, unless your city/state is known to be really competative in them there vidyagames (Seattle, New York, etc.), the rules are pretty much guarenteed to be anything goes (sans 491 and up) and most people competing are probably not going to be the kind of folk who bother with EV training. I'm predicting millions of "I owned the crap out of everyone" posts.

TBH, not everybody has awesomely IV'd and Natured Legends. For those that do, it would be a ridiculous advantage over the run-of-the-mill players, which is what most of the population is. I mean hell, some of you guys could just run 2-3 well-trained, well IV'd and Natured Ubers, and completely overrun most people that will be at the torneys *note: MOST people*...
Well, hell, do you really think a kid with a Dialga knowing Dragon Pulse, Roar of Time, Flash Cannon, and Rock Smash is going to win a tournament?
I didn't think so.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, hell, do you really think a kid with a Dialga knowing Dragon Pulse, Roar of Time, Flash Cannon, and Rock Smash is going to win a tournament?
I didn't think so.
Well, skarm got beaten by Fly Rayquaza. It's still possible

i'm running the tourney in muskogee, oklahoma, and i'm just going to print up the list of the most recent smogon ubers tier, and exclude them. the only way i would allow ubers in my tourney is if the opponent also has them. which in my opinion would say that if you are considering using ubers, bring 2 teams.

Banning you/Possibly banning for having Darkrai's data doesn't make sense. Darkrai becomes available in Japan on July 14th. You could have done a trade then a tradeback for the data.

Thats exactly what I was thinking on darkrai, better clone it and keep it if you do do that though. Also I just don't have much faith in gamestop employees, that majority that is, on pokemon. My friends are using hacked ubers, if they are allowed, from gba gameshark and i highly doubt they will get caught but they will get beat very easily. How is a gamestop employee thats most likely never played pokemon going to know what a pal parked pokemon should look like and if a certain word should be colored, I'm more scared to use a blissy in safari ball from FR than using a uber in a master ball, they probably think the safari ball is haxed.

Any way I called my gamestop today and all they told me was, "we will have the rules determined by early next week"...lots of help

Well they are going to be suspicious nonetheless, no bans though. But in actual reality, it really depends on who is looking at your game, and how much of an ass they are with this stuff.

I don't understand why they would ban you if you have darkrai/sha/arc data. There's only one wii at my gamestop to play on, so they can simply just watch to see if I used one. Plus they can tell everyone that if someone sees dark/sha/arc to then call an employee over so they could then ban you for actually using it.

I don't understand why they would ban you if you have darkrai/sha/arc data. There's only one wii at my gamestop to play on, so they can simply just watch to see if I used one. Plus they can tell everyone that if someone sees dark/sha/arc to then call an employee over so they could then ban you for actually using it.
The idea is, if you have Darkrai, Sheimi, or Arcerus data, you must have cheated to get it, and thus the rest of your pokemon are equally suspect. Obviously a false premise - You could have aquired them through the Japanese surfing glitch, or you could trade for Darkrai after the release event in Japan next week, or something. Still, was Arcerus ever available through a glitch of any sort? If not, then his data, obiously, would clearly indicate some form of cheatery.

So we're banned if we have more then three master balls? Well what if some kid just happen to trade over the master balls he got from his Collosuim, XD, Ruby, FR, and Emerald to his Peral so he could catch all of the game's legendaries easily? Then, let's say that same kid restarted his games, got some more master balls, and traded them over to his Emerald to catch Emerald's legendaries. Then he transferred over those legendaries to his Peral. The kid would have alot of pokemon in master balls but he didn't cheat or clone.

i think they should just watch my matches if they think i hack my pokemon >_>

i have arceus data, because i asked somone to give me the data, so i can get it off GTS

This whole pokedex data thing is frustrating... While I have nothing against releasing my traded, badly hacked arceus and my glitch shaymin (traded my Darkrai already), it might be better to ask to borrow a friend's Diamond and just trade over the 8 or so Pokemon I plan on bringing.

So yeah... I just can't see training certain Pokemon until I at least know whether the local shops are doing singles or doubles... I just can't see catching/training 32 Pokemon for Uber/Standard Singles/Doubles...

Luckily I already had the uber end covered, and because of pbr i have double teams down so I am just taking everybody and be prepared no matter what happens. Also the pokedex thing is annoying but I always buy both copies of the game, trade without friends and such using my original ds, and I only have arcues/Shaymin/darkrai data on pearl, looks like I have a little bit of trading to do which is annoying. The item check is annoying as well, have they ever heard of farming rare candies but again this is solved by trading to diamond.

Luckily I already had the uber end covered, and because of pbr i have double teams down so I am just taking everybody and be prepared no matter what happens. Also the pokedex thing is annoying but I always buy both copies of the game, trade without friends and such using my original ds, and I only have arcues/Shaymin/darkrai data on pearl, looks like I have a little bit of trading to do which is annoying. The item check is annoying as well, have they ever heard of farming rare candies but again this is solved by trading to diamond.
Well if you were really farming rare candies, tell them that, they'll understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)