Counter Strike: Global Offensive

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
cs got a huge update today, they new animtaions to almost every aspect of the game they also nerfed the m4a1-s heavly :(

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
cs got a huge update today, they new animtaions to almost every aspect of the game they also nerfed the m4a1-s heavly :(
Fuck, thats my fav weapon and mostly the only reason I play CT @_@ i cant control the ak at all.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Ak and m4 are pretty similar, plus with the better damage on AK all u need is a couple shots from long range. The spray with AK is much better cuz once u land the first hit then drag down its easier to kill them with some body shots

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of guns, I've been watching lots of that Dubai CSGO invitational and all I've seen are AKs/AWPs/M4s and occasional tec 9s, famas, cheap shotguns, scouts. Are the AUG and SG bad weapons? Because they're pretty much my favourite weapons (besides the m4) on CT/T respectively, but I've never seen them used in that tournament.

jacob

Speaking of guns, I've been watching lots of that Dubai CSGO invitational and all I've seen are AKs/AWPs/M4s and occasional tec 9s, famas, cheap shotguns, scouts. Are the AUG and SG bad weapons? Because they're pretty much my favourite weapons (besides the m4) on CT/T respectively, but I've never seen them used in that tournament.
aug and sg are super niche guns since they are really only better then the main rifles are long range

The AUG and SG 553 are really inaccurate when unscoped. This, and their higher price in a game where money is all-important, really makes them outclassed by the AK and M4. The only redeeming factor of the two, the scope, can easily be outplayed by

A) Avoiding long ranges where the AWP reigns supreme
B) Tap shooting.

---

In other news, I'm glad they added the option to report enemy greifers. It's unfair to the enemy team when you have a guy or two deliberately committing suicide/attacking teammates. I've actually seen an instance where a script kiddie managed to time out his entire team repeatedly, and while they didn't receive a cooldown, we won the game 16-0.

To those interested in update notes, you can find those Here.

they aren't "bad" per say (statistically i believe the SG is better than the AK in terms of accuracy) - the issue arises in terms of familiarity (coming from 1.6 the AK was the gun - learning a new recoil pattern isn't desirable for most players) and cost (SG/AUG is more expensive, you could buy a nade instead). There's also other things like movement speed, but I think cost/familiarity are the big ones.

SG vs. AK stats afaik this is still accurate
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2b070u/the_sg_is_better_than_the_ak/

I'm pretty pissed off at the new updates of csgo... The m4a1-s did not need to get nerfed. It's already weak enough, now it shoots slower and is less accurate. RIP people who can't use the AK.. :/

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
I feel like Valve maaaaybe will go back and rethink about m4-s. It happened when they nerfed Sticky Bombs on TF2 once, they rolled back the nerf after a couple of days. I don't think they will rollback in this case though, but consider to buff any other attribute.

jacob

New case is pretty hype, the shadow dagger's are sick looking and the new ak skin is fucking awesome looking same with the usp skin

They look alright, I think instead they should've just added more skins to the game for former knives. In other news I picked up one of the rarest skins in a trade the other day, a field-tested AWP Medusa. Chance of getting it as a drop is the same chance of getting a dragon lore which is the most expensive skin in the game and this skin is newer so yeah. I'm hoping its a good investment, their worth is expected to increase once they stop dropping.

Speaking of which, anyone down to queue sometime with me? I'm SEM right now. PM me with times you are available if you're interested (I live in Eastern Standard Time)

Thats not completely true since you do get a weekly drop and random case drops. If you were lucky enough to get a shadow case you can sell it for a couple bucks steam money which is a crazy price for a case and will go down in days/weeks. So its more about your RNG, kinda like pokemon. In Gaben we trust.

aVocado

@ Everstone
gotta love a commentator that brings the hype to the table.

seriously though, what the hell was dupreeh doing lol (happy's 4th kill), did he seriously not hear the deagle's shots being fired or didn't notice him there?

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
He was going around the smoke and checked the other side. Probably assumed that happy would take a different position as that's what most people would do

jacob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)