ORAS OU Crazy Train - Hyper Offense [VERY STRONG and FUN to use]

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love
And forget how to hate

Hello everyone! My name is Hector (aka Hec) and I am a well recognized player in the Brazilian community. Today, I'm posting one of my most successful teams that gave me a lot of achievements in the community and I used it in one of the most recognized Brazilian Pokémon event: the Challenge to the Elite Four (DE4). Before starting the RMT, I would like to apologize for my terrible English, but I will try to expose the ideas as clear as possible. Enjoy!!!

With the introduction of several new threats to the metagame as Hoopa, I decided that this is the right time to post this team, which began very bright with the addition mainly Tornadus-Therian the metagame. Mega Aerodactyl is a fantastic Pokémon that destroys offensive team due to its high speed and decent attack, besides having a movepool of the gods. Because of their access to interesting moves like Stone Edge, Aerial Ace, Fire Fang, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Hone Claws and others, this Pokemon just forces a lot of opponent switchs. So Klefki is a great partner, offensively assisting Aerodactyl with Spikes layers and switch in on Rock and Ice-type moves that stops the prehistoric Pokémon.

Adding a Stealth Rock user next seemed to be the logical step. Garchomp was the chosen Pokémon because of its great typing and decent speed to check important threats like Bisharp, Excadrill, Heatran, Magnezone and others. Also, its typing helps the team to prevent Volt-Turn spam, which is annoying to this team. Rocky Helmet is an amazing item to the current metagame due to the high damage that deals to Mega Lopunny, Mega Metagross and Landorus-Therian contact moves, like Fake Out and U-Turn.

Since I'm using entry hazards, I needed a way to try to avoid the opponent's Defog. There is no Pokémon better for this role than Bisharp. In addition to its high base attack, their access to priority moves Sucker Punch is very important for the team, defeating fast Pokémon like Mega Manectric and Starmie. Furthermore, it is my second Lati switch.

Mega Aerodactyl have problems with fat Pokémon as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and others. So I needed a quick Pokémon that hits extremely strong and helps to check Choice Scarf users and other fast Pokémon. Keldeo is the perfect option because it checks all cited Pokémon with its great dual-STAB plus coverage moves like Hidden Power Electric and Icy Wind, which help against Gyarados and Garchomp respectively.

Finally, I needed a solid option for Rotom-Wash and Mega Charizard Y because they cause many problems to this team. Initially I used Starmie to help against BD Azumarill and give to the team some Spin support, but I realized that the weakness to Rotom-Wash and ZardY was more important than spin, then Latios was our choice for the last team slot.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang / Hone Claws
The team's star and MVP in most matches, Aerodactyl is a fantastic Pokémon due to its blazing speed and very high stat attack as well as an extraordinary movepool. This Pokémon literally destroys offense and a puts a lot of work to balanced teams. Thanks to the entry hazards that Klefki and Chomp offers, this prehistoric Pokémon can score many OHKO in Pokémon as Ferrothorn and Scizor with Fire Fang, for example. Aqua Tail helps against Heatran, Hippowdon, Landorus-Therian and other bulky Ground Pokémon. Aerial Ace is a great STAB which enables the Aero handle Fighting and Grass-types as Conkeldurr, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Breloom, Amoonguss, showing its potential as wallbreaker, breaking common cores like Mega Venusaur + Skarmory. Hone Claws looks like an inferior option, but it helps a lot against non-Quagsire Stalls.
Therefore, to maximize the potential of this Pokémon, you must stake the greatest amount of entry possible hazards and try to avoid the most of your opponent play Stealth Rock in your field.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon / Play Rough
The keychain is one of the pillars of the success of this team, putting Spikes in opponent field and checking very dangerous Pokémon as Kyurem-Black, Mega Diancie, Tornadus-T and others. Furthermore it is an escape valve to setup sweepers as Mega Charizard X and Mega Altaria with its great priority Thunder Wave and Toxic. Despite being a little passive for the team, Klefki is a good pivot allowing to turn back if something goes wrong. The EVs allow the keychain maximize its potential to check Mega Diancie's Earth Power plus takes a Hippo's Earthquake and Toxic it. Play Rough is a nice option for Thundurus, Weavile and Keldeo.​

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic / Fire Blast
Garchomp is the best Stealth Rock user for this team because it performs well against the most common Defoggers and prevents any kind of early-game setup with its great Dragon Tail. The set is as standard as it gets. Toxic is for fat boring Pokémon like Hippo and Lando-T and Fire Blast helps to deal with Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. The last notable thing about Garchomp is Rough Skin's ability plus Rocky Helmet to provide amazing damage against foes such as Talonflame, Weavile and making it easier to bring Landorus-T into range for an unboosted Sucker Punch, as U-turn is undeniably their most used move. Also, Garchomp great bulkyness helps the team do deal better againt Tyranitar, Bisharp and others physical attack based Pokémon. The EVs helps Chomper to take Bisharp and Excadrill very well and eats 1 Hidden Power Ice from Specs Raikou, LO Thundurus or Mega Manectric 100% of the time.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
The best Defog abuser in metagame, Bisharp is all about raw power. Its Sucker Punch is extremely powerful when supported up by the boost granted by Life Orb as well as STAB, and pretty much OHKOs pretty much anything that doesn't resist it after a Swords Dance boost. Even some Pokemon that do resist Dark, such Breloom and Weavile, will not be able to withstand its immense power after taking damage from Stealth Rock + Spikes. Knock Off and Iron Head are in a similar role and, likewise, destroy pretty much everything after only a single boost. This amazing power makes Bisharp effective at both early-game wallbreaking and late-game sweeping, depending on the opposing lineup. Also, Bisharp's Sucker Punch helps A LOT this team to deal with Mega Manectric, a hugh hugh hugh threat to this team.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Icy Wind
Like a train, Keldeo is fast and powerful. Hits hard everything that does not resist its STABs and gives to the team a nice speed control holding Choice Scarf. This pony also pairs up pretty well with Aerodactyl, breaking fat balance cores like Hippowdon + Celebi. There's nothing much to say about this monster, just click Scald and burn everything. Slowbro is kinda annoying but it lures Latios to drop some Dracos which is huge. I think HP Electric is more useful than Icy Wind because regular Gyarados is scary, even with Klef around. The 20 EVs in Def helps Keldeo to take a +1 ZardX Dragon Claw which is necessary sometimes.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Thunderbolt
- Roost

Latios is a Pokemon that requires no introduction, as everyone should know what it plays like by now. In conjunction with Spikes, Latios is probably my best attempt at breaking Stall teams with Quagsire, which is surprisingly easy considering that everything that somewhat wants to switch into this set, is absolutely destroyed by Spikes. Latios also is my main Water Resist, helping with stuff like Keldeo, Rotom-Wash and non-Ice Beam Starmie. Surf is amazing since Latios lures Tran and TTar, two annoying Pokémon that take hits or Pursuit-trap this Pokémon. Thunderbolt is also a viable option because BD Azuma is scary.​

Sand Offense is very threatening to this team due to the lack of a real switch to Excadrill. If well played, sand offense can destroy the Crazy Train :/

Volt-Turning + Pursuit is annoying because Lati is the only safe switch to Volt Switch and can easily be trapped by TTar, Bisharp or Weavile after. Losing Latios in early game means that Keldeo/Rotom-Wash can have a lot of fun against the Crazy Train.

Rain offense 6x0 the Crazy Train, nothing much about to say. The only hope is try to stack entry hazards as quick as possible and attempt to paralize Kingdra. Swampert is also an issue.

Stall is not a BIG threat but is boring if well played. Sableye can bounce the Train's entry hazards and Quagsire is a pain in the ass for Bisharp and Aero.

Crazy Train is an excellent team, very strong and very fun to use. Mega Aerodactyl proved to have enough space in the current metagame pressing offensive teams with their great speed and coverage. I would like to thank some friends for helping me to test and improve the team. Shoot outs to Eternal Spirit, yan Sogeking, Kirigakure, Disenchanted, Shoot and Koga. Here's the importable of the team, enjoy and have a lot of fun! :pimp:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

hey, sick team! mega-aero is a seriously underrated threat now, considering it totally trashes most offensive teams nowadays, providing it gets a safe switch in, that is. only got some minor adjustments that i think would help your team.
first and foremost, using a specially defensive klefki set using a sitrus berry, magnet rise and dazzling gleam. while this might seem like a large change, i feel it's a more fitting set for this teams overall goal. although this makes your defense less desirable, it makes your team better equipped to take on common stall mons, such as hippowdon and support sableye much better than its previous set, while still retaining its ability to threaten offense with spikes and twave. a specially defensive spread with sitrus berry is great, making it an excellent diancie and gardevoir check, which can bother your team if they get off they get to come in on your latios (diancie not so much if it runs surf). magnet rise allows you to wall hippowdon entirely, aswell as making you a great landog/diancie/garchomp check to weaken things for aerodactyl later in the game. if you choose to use spdef keys, then toxic on garchomp is a great option, as garchomp naturally baits hippo in and keys can wall it out, but otherwise do minimal damage in return. dazzling gleam is a nice middle ground for hitting both diancie as well as support sableye, without having to worry about your damage input being hindered by burns. this set also helps against non-manectric volt-turn+pursuit trapper cores, as the special defense investment helps you take volt switches from the likes of raikou and rotom-wash, while you check landorus-t and weavile by magnet rise and typing, respectively. here's the set id recommend, for conviences sake :^)

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

next, i'd like to suggest taking the 20 defense evs on keldeo out of special attack as opposed to speed. while yes, this may seem like a nitpick, this is important imo. as far as i'm aware, you don't miss out on the OHKO/2HKO from any relevant targets, and speed tying with opposing scarfed base 108s and non-scarfed ones after a knock off can change the tide of battle.

lastly, id like to ask: whats up with the aerodactyl spread?

Cash team. If bulky ground types like hippo and chomp are becoming a big issue for aero you could switch Toxic on Klefki to Fairy lock and the evs to full specially defensive which allows you to lure walls then trap and kill them if they decide to be fake hoes and kill you. The cost of klefki to kill something like hippo straight up instead of whittling them down and possibly prolonging an aero clean is worth it. :))

Reactions: zbr

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi Hec! It's really a team that is very difficult to play against, and it is definitely pretty strong and so actual in this metagame. However, allow me to suggest you some fixes. I notice in your threat list that you complain about suffering Excadrill!
You could try Klefki with Foul Play and Magnet Rise! It could really turn useful to hurt badly excadrill and put it in range of stuff like Sucker Punch Bisharp.
As for the weakness to Volturn + Pursuit, I'd say that you suffer pretty much electrics, which is something you cant fix without damaging too much the team, maybe Latias>Latios could help, maybe with healing wish in order to avoid the success of opposing pursuitting...
Latias could help you more than latios also against rain which is something youre quite weak to, just as any other respectable hyper offense.
As for your weakness to stall you could try Lum Berry Bisharp, so that you can hurt eventuals Wow Bleye, and/or Taunt to Aerodactyl maybe
Nothing to say other than this, nice team! :) Hope I helped u

Thanks for the rates guys! I'm trying Magnet Rise + Sitrus like astroboy said, I miss so much leftiz to check stuff like Torn and Toxic is huge for Hippo and others bulky ground. I'm testing CM Latios over 3 Attacks + Roost to beat stall, seems pretty decent. I can beat CM Cune now rofl
-Snow Lum Berry Bisharp is super cool, testing right now. Rotom-Wash is not a big issue anymore, since I can eat the burn without regrets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)