D/P Indirect Damage + Healing Guide

This is for Shoddy Battle so if Wi-Fi is different can someone let me know? Edit: Major thanks to obi for his. Shoddy runs differently then wi-fi so I will put his into a different section

---------------------------------------------------------------------

D/P Indirect Damage + Healing for Shoddy Battle.

One of the most frustrating things in Pokemon is trying to figure out the priority of your indirect healing and indirect damage. Will You heal before Sandstorm kills you? Will you faint from Leech Seed or Perish Song first? After a lot of testing the indirect damages can be placed like this:

Sandstorm / Hail / Rain / Sun : Priority = +1
Leftovers / Posion Heal : Priority = 0
Burn : Priority = -1
Leech Seed Damage : Priority = -2
Leech Seed Recovery : Priority = -3
Toxic : Priority = -4
Perish Song Count : Priority = -5

So we start at a nuetral spot of 0 with Leftovers and Posion Heal. Going up from there we can see that Sandstorm has a priority of +1 meaning that before your Leftovers activate Sandstorm will take affect first. Now below the nuetral spot of Leftovers we have Burn. This will take affect right Leftovers. Below that we have Leech Seed. This is the Leech Seed damage. The Pokemon that is seeded will always take the seed damage first. If it survives you will then receive Leech Seed recovery. After Leech Seed happens we come to Toxic. Although Burn comes off status as well it is faster then Toxic damage which has a priority of -4. Finally if you are still alive after all of these events you will then experience Perish Song if it is active. This has the lowest priority and you can think of it as like the start of the next turn rather then the end of the current one. That is how long it takes for Perish Song to activate.

Now that we have our basic outline of damage we can go even further in other priority indirect damage.

Sandstorm / Hail / Rain / Sun : + 4
Trick Room Ending : +3
Reflect / Light Screen / Safeguard Ending : +2
Rain Dish : +1
Leftovers / Posion Heal : 0
Burn: -1
Leech Seed Damage : -2
Leech Seed Recovery : -3
Nightmare: -4
Toxic : -5
Future Sight : -6
Yawn : -7
Perish Song Count : -8

So now we went past the basic indirect priorities and have added a few more on. So what do we learn from this? Well if the situation were to occur this is exactly how the turn would end:

-The current weather will leave a message. Damage can be taken depending on the weather that is currently active.
-Trick Room we end if it is active.
-Any type of screen that is up will fall if it's time has passed.
-If you have Rain Dish you will heal.
-After all these events occur Leftovers / Posion Heal will heal you.
-Any Pokemon with Burned status will receive damage.
-Any Pokemon Seeded by Leech Seed will lose health
-The opposing Pokemon will restore health if the foe is seeded.
-Nightmare damage will occur.
-If you are under the Toxic condition you will receive Toxic damage.
-Future Sight will now hit you
-Yawn will take affect right after Future Sight.
-After all of these Perish Song if active will faint the remaining Pokemon.

So what if you are playing on Wi-Fi? Obi has constructed a list that will help you see every end-of-turn effect.

Indirect Damage + Healing for Wi-Fi

End-of-turn effects

1.0 Reflect wears off
1.1 Light Screen wears off
1.2 Safeguard fades
1.3 Tailwind ends

2.0 Wish

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

4.0 Dry Skin, Hydration, Ice Body, Rain Dish

5.0 Gravity

6.0 Shed Skin, Speed Boost
6.1 Ingrain
6.2 Black Sludge, Leftovers
6.3 Leech Seed
6.4 Burn, Nightmare, Poison, Poison Heal
6.5 Flame Orb activation, Toxic Orb activation
6.6 Curse (from a Ghost)
6.7 Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Wrap
6.8 Magnet Rise
6.9 Yawn
6.10 Sticky Barb

7.0 Doom Desire, Future Sight

8.0 Perish Song

9.0 Trick Room

10.0 Pokemon is switched in (if previous Pokemon fainted)
10.1 Toxic Spikes
10.2 Spikes
10.3 Stealth Rock

Now for an explanation:

If something has a priority of 4, it always goes before a 5. If it has a 2, it's always after a 1. Etc. However, for a faster Pokemon, their things within a 4, for example, will all go before a slower Pokemon's 4s. So Deoxys-S's Toxic Orb will activate before Shuckle's Ingrain, but Quagsire's Leftovers will be before its own Burn damage.

So in other words, if one Pokemon were to have all these things happening at once, it would happen in the order listed. But if two Pokemon of differing Speeds were to have all these happening, faster Pokemon gets all the 1 effects, then the slower Pokemon gets the 1 effects, faster Pokemon gets all the 2 effects, then the slower one, etc.

What determines the order a Pokemon is switched in to replace a fainted Pokemon? The only three scenarios I could imagine would be: Speed of previous Pokemon, Speed of Pokemon coming in, whoever makes the selection first comes in first. Assuming Trick Room does end before a Pokemon comes in, I don't imagine it being the Speed of the previous Pokemon, though.

All of this was tested on Shoddy Battle. Anti looked over it and said I could post it. I also had wayff look over it. Thanks for reading. And I am almost positive that everything is in the right order of priority after all the tests I did.

Im going to do a few more tests on mine and add every other thing. Mine was just a basic one where I did not add doom desire or ingrain. I guess I should mention in though.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shoddybattle isn't a source for testing. If they have any errors, they will be shortly fixed to match DP. From what you say, Trick Room running out is in the wrong spot. Here is the guide I wrote a while back:

End-of-turn effects

1.0 Reflect wears off
1.1 Light Screen wears off
1.2 Safeguard fades
1.3 Tailwind ends

2.0 Wish

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

4.0 Dry Skin, Hydration, Ice Body, Rain Dish

5.0 Gravity

6.0 Shed Skin, Speed Boost
6.1 Ingrain
6.2 Black Sludge, Leftovers
6.3 Leech Seed
6.4 Burn, Nightmare, Poison, Poison Heal
6.5 Flame Orb activation, Toxic Orb activation
6.6 Curse (from a Ghost)
6.7 Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Wrap
6.8 Magnet Rise
6.9 Yawn
6.10 Sticky Barb

7.0 Doom Desire, Future Sight

8.0 Perish Song

9.0 Trick Room

10.0 Pokemon is switched in (if previous Pokemon fainted)
10.1 Toxic Spikes
10.2 Spikes
10.3 Stealth Rock

Now for an explanation:

If something has a priority of 4, it always goes before a 5. If it has a 2, it's always after a 1. Etc. However, for a faster Pokemon, their things within a 4, for example, will all go before a slower Pokemon's 4s. So Deoxys-S's Toxic Orb will activate before Shuckle's Ingrain, but Quagsire's Leftovers will be before its own Burn damage.

So in other words, if one Pokemon were to have all these things happening at once, it would happen in the order listed. But if two Pokemon of differing Speeds were to have all these happening, faster Pokemon gets all the 1 effects, then the slower Pokemon gets the 1 effects, faster Pokemon gets all the 2 effects, then the slower one, etc.

What determines the order a Pokemon is switched in to replace a fainted Pokemon? The only three scenarios I could imagine would be: Speed of previous Pokemon, Speed of Pokemon coming in, whoever makes the selection first comes in first. Assuming Trick Room does end before a Pokemon comes in, I don't imagine it being the Speed of the previous Pokemon, though.

Still need Bad Dreams, and a verification that Sticky Barb is 6.10 and not 7.0 (see if a faster Pokemon is hit by Future Sight before a slower one is affected by Sticky Barb).

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
This is for Shoddy Battle so if Wi-Fi is different can someone let me know?

D/P Indirect Damage + Healing

One of the most frustrating things in Pokemon is trying to figure out the priority of your indirect healing and indirect damage. Will you heal before Sandstorm kills you? Will you faint from Leech Seed or Perish Song first? This should be reworded: something like will you faint first from Leech Seed or your opponent from Perish Song would make more sense. After a lot of testing the indirect damages can be placed like this:

Leftovers / Poison Heal : Priority = 0

So we start at a neutral spot of 0 with Leftovers and Poison Heal. Going up from there we can see that Sandstorm has a priority of +1 meaning that before your Leftovers activate Sandstorm will take affect first. Now below the neutral spot of Leftovers we have Burn damage. This will take effect right after Leftovers. Below that we have Leech Seed. This is the Leech Seed damage. Huh? The Pokemon that is seeded will always take the seed damage first. If it survives you will then receive Leech Seed recovery. After Leech Seed happens we come to Toxic/regular poison. Although Burn comes off status as well it is faster then Toxic damage which has a priority of -4. Finally if you are still alive after all of these events you will then experience Perish Song if it is active. This has the lowest priority and you can think of it as like the start of the next turn rather then the end of the current one. That is how long it takes for Perish Song to activate.

Now that we have our basic outline of damage we can go even further in other priority indirect damage.

Leftovers / Posion Heal : 0

So now we went past the basic indirect priorities and have added a few more on. So what do we learn from this? Well if the situation were to occur this is exactly how the turn would end:

-The current weather will leave a message. Damage can be taken depending on the weather that is currently active.
-Trick Room will end if it is active.
-Any type of screen that is up will fall if its time has passed.
-After all these events occur Leftovers / Poison Heal will heal you.
-Any Pokemon Seeded by Leech Seed will lose health.
-The opposing Pokemon will restore health if you are seeded.
-If you are under the Toxic condition you will receive Toxic damage. Include regular poison

All of this was tested on Shoddy Battle. Anti looked over it and said I could post it. I also had wayff look over it. Thanks for reading. And I am almost positive that everything is in the right order of priority after all the tests I did.
I think someone should go through and reword it, the wording's a bit awkward... also, include Doom Desire with Future Sight.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Regular PSN status damage isn't listed, though it probably coincides with Toxic PSN. Obi's old list has it, though.

Code:
[quote="KinglerDude24, post: 1199184"][SIZE=2]This is for Shoddy Battle so if Wi-Fi is different can someone let me know?

[B]D/P Indirect Damage + Healing[/B]

One of the most frustrating things in Pokemon is trying to figure out the priority of your indirect healing and indirect damage. Will You heal before Sandstorm kills you? Will you faint from Leech Seed or Perish Song first? After a lot of testing the indirect damages can be placed like this:

Leftovers / Poison Heal : Priority = 0

So we start at a neutral spot of 0 with Leftovers and Poison Heal. Going up from there we can see that Sandstorm has a priority of +1 meaning that before your Leftovers activate Sandstorm will take affect first. Now below the neutral spot of Leftovers we have Burn. This will take affect right Leftovers. Below that we have Leech Seed. This is the Leech Seed damage. The Pokemon that is seeded will always take the seed damage first. If it survives you will then receive Leech Seed recovery. After Leech Seed happens we come to Toxic. Although Burn comes off status as well it is faster then Toxic damage which has a priority of -4. Finally if you are still alive after all of these events you will then experience Perish Song if it is active. This has the lowest priority and you can think of it as like the start of the next turn rather then the end of the current one. That is how long it takes for Perish Song to activate.

Leftovers / Poison Heal : 0

-Trick Room will end if it is active.
-Any type of screen that is up will fall if it's time has passed.
-After all these events occur Leftovers / Poison Heal will heal you.
-Any Pokemon Seeded by Leech Seed will lose health
-The opposing Pokemon will restore health if the foe is seeded.
-If you are under the Toxic condition you will receive Toxic damage.

[/SIZE][/quote]
Fixed a few random typos, and put it in code so I wouldn't make too big of a post.

Excellent guide, thanks!

EDIT: Damn, I was beaten, oh well.

Obi is your completely accurate for ingame? If so can I incorperate that into mine for if it is wifi?

I will add every little end of turn effect like obis has. I figured that the basic ones were enough however I think I should test all of them and see if they compare.

On shoddy me and wayff also discovered that some are messed up and I had to fix them accordingly. Toxic has a much lower priority then burn and other end of turn effects.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aside from the two things that need further testing (which I mentioned toward the end in the guide), everything was explicitly tested in-game.

Note that if you hit a faster Pokemon with Toxic, it will be taking damage before the slower Pokemon with Leftovers / burn.

When we tested it we hit a heracross with toxic from a slow skarmory and he still received the toxic damage last. It might be just a bug on shoddy but until it is fixed I have to list it as it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)