Damage Calculators

I'm just curious what everybody uses as a damage calculator. I'm currently using MetalKid's online program but it doesn't distinguish between the new Special Physical split.

Even if I had to do it on my own I wouldn't mind if somebody could tell me how.

Edit: Just found out how to do it myself but if there's a program it would be much better.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a thread in Contributions & Corrections which contains the damage calculator I made. It is the one you've seen me using for all my calculations.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That is correct. I believe that Misty has a damage calculator in mIRC script posted in that forum as well.

Thanks, from your code I wrote a JavaScript one. Do you know the Item damage modifiers that there are? 1, 1.3, and 1.5?

Okay, time to semi-hi-jack this thread.

I understand Pitcher is looking for a text based calc. Does anyone know of a better client-based one then the one in NetBattle? The reason is it is hard to run calcs on pokes with such radically new defences like Cresselia. I like how NetBattle tells you how to distribute the EVs for the stats, but there is no way to change Base Stats to make calcing easier.

So can anyone help?

I'm ok now, I made my own. I'm just curious of the modifiers you get from items such a Expert Belt, Choice Band, and so on.

Also, what are you referring to when you mention "radically new defences like Cresselia."

He probably means that NetBattle requires the defensive Pokemon to be an existing one to be able to easily tinker with the EVs.

Here is mine. It requires you to put in every stat by yourself though, but at least it shows a % survival rate, plus the possibility of every single RN Pokemon can pick. However, it doesn't work for DP's apparently changed damage formula.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, the formula for DP is essentially the same, except that the STAB increase and type effectiveness are calculated AFTER the random number generation.

I was testing what is the random number generation in the "Help me in my research" thread, but so far I haven't had any replies. My question is: is it between 217/255 and 255/255, or between 85/100 and 100/100? In that thread, I should be able to answer that question.

If anyone is still interested, the thread is here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)