ORAS OU Dancing Darks

Introduction:

Hey n_n after a long ass hiatus, I make a return with my 4th RMT! Lemme give you a little backstory to the team. Basically, after witnessing the countless fatass CM spam teams (you know those M-Latias + Clef + fat shit), the M-Zam balances, the Tornadus-T's, and the fatchomps, I was like fuh dah shih. I then opened teambuilder -> added Weavile -> added Bisharp -> gave both SD, badabing badaboom. And from there, I built a team that I felt was a nice response to the current meta. I say that cause in the team, I utilize some underrated as well as standard 'mons that beat a lot of the current popular builds. The team focuses on offensive pressure, type synergy, and 'overloading the check(s)' with dark spam. Without further ado, let's hop right on in!

Team At A Glance:

Team Building Process:

I started off with these two, the dancing darks: Weavile bops many of the current builds with its speed and power, while Bisharp is ...Bisharp; and together, they can conquer all with a barrage of dark spam.

Next, Chomper was added for the purpose of setting up rocks, checking M-Lopunny, M-Gyara and Talonflame, and wearing down fat stuff like Landorus-T and Ferrothorn for my Dark core.

I then added Mega Venusaur to counter M-Altaria, Keldeo, Serperior, Thundurus, and Breloom, all of which could be annoying to the first three. Additionally, M Venu gives me a second check to Gyarados and baits in Psychics and Birdies for the Dark core and Chomper.

Heatran was my pick for the next spot cause Venu+Tran is an OP defensive core. It truly is. Besides that, Tran gives me some stallbreaking capabilities, a Zard X check, a fairy check, and a backup bird check, taking some pressure off of Chomper.

Finally, I noticed I had no hazard removal and that ALL MY MONS WERE GROUNDED!! so Latias was added. She gives me a Balancedorus switch in and useful Healing Wish support. Plus, her being Pursuit bait = Dark Core sets up. Dash bop.

Team In Depth:

Weavile
@ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Swords Dance, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Ice Shard

Here is the 1st of the Dancing Darks. Weavile is where it's at atm. It shreds the (bulky ground-Torn-T-Ferro) balance builds that have been spammed as of late, while being quite capable vs Offense and Stall. Moreover, its blistering 125 speed let's it outpace a large portion of the meta; this backed with its powerful STABs, access to priority and SD, make it a terrifying beast. Weavile is insane. For the moves, Knock Off is its hardest hitting spam able STAB, needed to hit Steel types that resist Ice; Icicle Crash takes care of bulky grounds and the fairies that resist Dark; Ice Shard lets Weavile revenge kill the genies, the dragons, the faster ice-weaks, and pick off weakned mons; SD boosts Weavile's attack to crazy levels, giving it the ability to bust through resists. After an SD, things that would normally check Weavile (Ferro, Clef, what have you) literally drop, some with a just a bit of prior damage needed. You may have games where said checks are the opponents only response to Weavile, meaning once they are even slightly weakened, it's gg.

For stronger Weavile checks such as Azumarill and Keldeo, I can take the 'overloading the check' route. To explain, Weavile can SD up then sack itself to hit Keldeo, for example, so later in the game the next Dancing Dark, Bisharp, can just clean sweep (and vice versa). Awesome right? Anyways, The EVs are p standard: max attack and max speed so Weavile can hit as hard as possible and outspeed everything bar the fast Megas and scarfers. Ezpz.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability:
Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Swords Dance, Iron Head, Knock Off, Sucker Punch

Bisharp, the 2nd Dancing Dark. This mon complements Weavile nicely in that it weakens things for well as sweeps things weakened by Weavile. Its purpose is to do the things Bishes do: pressure bulkier builds, beat psychics and fairies, deter Defog, and soften stuff with its boosted attacks. It carries Lum Berry as opposed to Life Orb for many reasons, the first being fuck Baton Pass. The second is so I can set up on Mega Sableye and on some passive ass walls (Chansey, Alomomomomomola), while being able to switch into Scald if absolutely necesarry (e.g. on a defensive Starmie or a Slowbro). The moves are str8 forward: Sucker Punch which lets it hit faster opponents; Iron Head to hit Dark resists and Fairies; Knock Off is to cripple walls and dent slower 'mons; And finally, SD is to boost its already high attack. I went Jolly Nature to outspeed SDef Gliscor, Adamant Dnite, and Modest Gardevoir pre m evo.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spd
Nature: Impish
Moveset: Dragon Tail/Toxic, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Stealth Rock

Is it fair to take a 1/4 outta a mons health by just standing there? Yes. The legendary fatchomp is here. Idk, I decided on Chomp cause my last teams all had Hippo on 'em. Hippo is str8 morphine. Anyways, Garchomp provides the team with an offensive SR setter that threatens hazard removers. It fits well on this team cause it wears down a ton of things which is quite key for my squad. Another function of chomp is to check Mega Lopunny and other physical mons. For the EVs, I went enough speed to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and dumped the rest into bulk so it could live up to the fat chomp name. Ok, moves. SR helps in wearing teams down which is why I run it; Dragon Tail to shuffle teams about racking up chip damage; Earthquake is a nice STAB, useful for hitting Dragon resists namely Bisharp; finally, Fire Blast is run to weaken Ferrothorn and Scizor. Rip Lando-T, your job has been taken.

Edit 1: Slashed Toxic as an option to run over Dragon Tail to help w/ DD Gyarados and some other threats; thanks Amaura for the suggestion! I tested it out and it is p awesome

Edit 2: Alternate Chomp set below; it lets Chomp outspeed standard Life Orb Kyurem-B at the cost of reduced bulk (e.g. M-Meta can 2HKO Chomp w/ Rocks up).
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpA / 20 Spd
Nature: Bold
Moveset: Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire, Synthesis

Venusaur used take this!
It's super-effective...the opposing OU meta lost 100% of its health!
The opposing OU meta fainted!

Mega Venusaur: the anti meta, rarely one-shotted plant. I opted for this cause it checks or counters so many threats to my team in just one slot. It covers M-Altaria, Serperior, Keldeo, Azumarill, Loom, and Thundurus without breaking a leaf. Besides being a defensive behemoth, M-Venu acts as a bait of sorts, forcing in things for the Dancing Darks to set up on. For its moves, M-Venu runs HP Fire to hit Steels not named Heatran, STAB Giga Drain to hit waters such Gyarados and ground types hard while giving it a little health, Sludge Bomb to bop Fairies and Dragons, and Synthesis to keep itself healthy.

Edit: The EVs have been changed to make Venu more defensive as that patched up some weaknesses. Thanks to Prince Python for the suggestion and the spread. They let M-Venu live Timid M-Garde's Hyper Voice + Psyshock, make Weavile's Icicle Crash a 3HKO after rocks, let Venu tank a +1 Flare Blitz from Adamant Char X, and make M-Lopunny's Return a 3HKO after rocks; 20 EVs are poured in speed to outspeed Adamant Azumarill and the rest is dumped into SpA to slightly increase Venu's damage output.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Magma Storm, Taunt, Earth Power, Toxic/Stone Edge

Is Stall pissing you off? Does Clefable constantly sweep you? Is Talonflame birdin' thru yo team? If the answer is yes, then call 1800-FirstWorldProblems and a Heatran will be sent to your doorstep!

Heatran is here to stallbreak, basically. Like I said earlier, wearing down the opposing team is key to the Dancing Darks and Heatran does a great job at this. Common Tran switch ins (Keldeo, Heatran, Hippowdon, Starmie, Gyarados, TTar) either get Toxic'd or take damage, which is nothing but good news. I went max HP so it could take most SE hits w/o dying, and max speed to outpace Adamant Excadrill outside of sand, and all base 70's. It runs Magma Storm to cause STAB and to trap stuff like Clefable; Earth Power to hit Fire types and Fire resists, Taunt to shut down walls and prevent set up, and Toxic to wear down checks.

Edit: Heatran now runs Air Balloon > Leftovers thanks to the points raised by both GeeMick and Amaura. Stuff like Sand Rush Excadrill can really be a pain as it 2HKOs everything on the team, and other EQ'ers could spam EQ freely as Latias really has no business coming in on them. With balloon Heatran, those things are mitigated.

Edit 2: Stone Edge can be run over Toxic as a means to eliminate SDef Talon, Char Y, and Volcarona, especially if Chomp forgoes D Tail for Toxic. Big thanks to DennisEG for this suggestion; very helpful.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability:
Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Defog, Healing Wish

"If your team isn't Offense yet doesn't have a switch in to Landorus, you shall perish." - A wise guy

I don't want to perish to Landorus. Latias doesn't want me too either, so she agreed to join my team. This cutie patootie not only checks Landorus but also removes hazards. Isn't that insane?! M-Venu is reliable as far as Keld checks go, but because it's on my team to check so much in addition to pony, it can be overrun when you factor in bs scald burns and hazard damage. Latias relieves M-Venu of some pressure, being a decent Keldeo check and all. That's another reason why I chose to run her.

When using a Pursuit weak mon, it is important to have something that sets up on Pursuit. Thankfully, I have the Dancing Darks to do just that! Another synergistic element this team has, huhu. Anyways, Latias is EV'd to switch into Keldeo's Specs Secret Sword twice w/ rocks up, and take two LO HP Ices from Thundurus w/o rocks. The 184 SpA guarantees the ohko on Landorus w/ Draco after rocks, and speed is maximized to speed tie with the 110s, outspeeding anything below that. Let's look at her moves: Draco Meteor is a nuke that dents anything non-resistant to it; Psyshock is run to hit fairies, CM users, and Keldeo; Defog to remove hazards; and Healing Wish to bring back a weakened teammate. Standard lati.

Replays:

Threatlist:
I have zero switch ins. Why? Cause I love to challenge myself! Jk; after the team was built, I was like "o shit, KB screws me..." w/e I'm out here. Just have to make tactical sacs.

Rofl. Um, I do have ways of revenge killing and as long as I damage it, Bish or Weav pull thru. M-Venu and Tran both tank a hit at full so I can get off damage that way; in short: tactical sacs.

Damn Weavile... This thing has the potential of damaging me greatly especially if it runs Low Kick. M-Venu can handle aswell as Heatran at full health. If times are dire, Weavile speed tie flinch imo. Edit: M-Venu's new spread makes it a solid check to Weavile.

A well played Gengar = rip, me. Standard stuff really. Bish and Weavile do manage tho if we talkin' rking, but if we talkin' switch-ins, where dey at doe.

If it's EQ, I'll gleefully click X. Nah, TankChomp + double priority should keep it in check, worse case scenario. Plus, M-Venu eats one hit at least. Best case scenario: Tran walls it. Edit: Balloon Tran checks it in a pinch assuming EQ.

Regular DD bounce Gyara is a threat. Bisharp + Chomp can handle.. I hope v.v

Chomp is the best switch and it gets 2HKOd :/ good thing is, Tran, Lati, and Weavile all outspeed so I can revenge kill; If hera is adamant, chomp outspeeds and gets off damage; Venu eats a hit and damages too. Hera is just another mon I must tactically sac to, lol.

A recently discovered threat. Heatran walls the standard set, tho if it's HP Ground, I'll click X with grace to save face. Kidding. If Volc turns out to be hp ground, the combination of Garchomp + Bisharp should squash it. Edit: Balloon Tran helps out a ton assuming Volc is HP Ground.

Same as KB. Fun.

(Sand Rush) This monster 2HKOs/1HKO's all on my team assuming rocks are up. Air Balloon Heatran and priority should keep this thing in check, and Venu/Chomp do eat a hit, but they should not be switching in on a potential EQ. In short: play smartly around it and I'm fine.

Ladder Peak:
image.jpg

Ladder and I have a love-hate relationship. When Im serious to ladder, I peak high, but most of the time, I just dgaf (i.e. Hate ladder). Anyways, I guess I was serious ish with this team, peaking #19 on my alt Dodoria.

Importable:
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Toxic
- Fire Blast

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic / Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Conclusion:

At this point in the meta, Weavile does extremely well thanks to the rise of psychic win conditions, tankchomps, and Tornadus-Therians. It also can hold its own against the top tier Mega Altaria and Mega Metagross. Many teams now struggle to handle Weavile, and when you partner it with Bisharp, you can break through even the most tight knit squads and the sturdiest of checks!

My team's goal was to counteract trends in the meta, with M-Venu stopping the crazy M-Altarias and Manaphy's, TankChomp standing in the way of M-Metagross and M-Lopunny, and the Dancing Darks shredding the psychics and the rest of OU. I'd like to hope I was somewhat succesful in achieving that goal.

I think it's safe to say that spamming >1 of the same type is and has always been an effective strategy in Pokemon. An example is Birdspam where Tflame + Pinsir overload the check (Rotom-W, Landorus-T), eventually breaking it. Weavile + Bisharp function in the same way, overpowering Keldeo and other Dark resists. This team is hella fun though I'm sure it could be better, so feel free to leave a rate or suggestion. Peace. n_n

Last edited:
Oh shit i've played you on the ladder on that alt a shit ton, didn't even know it was you. Nice job with the team.

My only suggestion is concerning your threat list. I feel like you wouldn't struggle so much with Weavile and Gardevoir if instead of making Venu offensive, you use a more defensive variant . Although Psyshock is still a problem, Venu lives them ez when it has investment. Also, things like Tank Chomp and Heatran lure in Starmie which can be a pain to switch into offensively for your team. Defensive Venu would tie up some nice loose ends and clean up a bit of your threatlist imo. I would get the set right now but I'm on mobile, so you could just hmu in bof or smthing if you see me around.

Although, then again you did peak 19 so, I guess don't fuck with what works. gl with the team n_n

Oh shit i've played you on the ladder on that alt a shit ton, didn't even know it was you. Nice job with the team.

My only suggestion is concerning your threat list. I feel like you wouldn't struggle so much with Weavile and Gardevoir if instead of making Venu offensive, you use a more defensive variant . Although Psyshock is still a problem, Venu lives them ez when it has investment. Also, things like Tank Chomp and Heatran lure in Starmie which can be a pain to switch into offensively for your team. Defensive Venu would tie up some nice loose ends and clean up a bit of your threatlist imo. I would get the set right now but I'm on mobile, so you could just hmu in bof or smthing if you see me around.

Although, then again you did peak 19 so, I guess don't fuck with what works. gl with the team n_n
This. I was thinking about defensive Venu and tbh it might be better for ma squad. I'll try out the defensive spread and look at results. Rate on point n_n

Hey friend :)
Cool to see you posting a team !

Sand seems like a pretty big problem at the moment. Maybe a more defensive Venusaur set could alleviate that problem a little bit -use the 248/168+ spread Prince Python proposed, to get off damage on Gardevoirs. Another option to consider is running Balloon Heatran over Lefties. I can very well picture myself an Excadrill double switching on a Tran to put immense pressure on your team, which running Air Balloon on it would prevent.

You're a bit Bisharp weak. Maybe you can also consider running Will-o-Wisp over Toxic on Heatran to catch it on a Sucker Punch. The idea behind that being that you still hit Chansey, water and ground switchins, while just missing out on Talonflames, which you still already kind of beat with Magma Storm + Earth Power, as well as sort of luring it with Lum Bisharp, because people actually like to use Acrobatics Will-o Talonflame as their Bisharp check sometimes. This would make you less Bisharp weak, a bit more Talonflame weak.

I like running an adamant nature on non-LO Bisharps, so you could consider that, it gives it a chance to ohko offensive heatran after SR at +2, and just gets that one bit more damage you might need on a lot of mons. Your call though.

Last edited:
Hey friend :)
Cool to see you posting a team !

Sand seems like a pretty big problem at the moment. Maybe a more defensive Venusaur set could alleviate that problem a little bit -use the 248/168+ spread Prince Python proposed, to get off damage on Gardevoirs. Another option to consider is running Balloon Heatran over Lefties. I can very well picture myself an Excadrill double switching on a Tran to put immense pressure on your team, which running Air Balloon on it would prevent.

You're a bit Bisharp weak. Maybe you can also consider running Will-o-Wisp over Toxic on Heatran to catch it on a Sucker Punch. The idea behind that being that you still hit Chansey, water and ground switchins, while just missing out on Talonflames, which you still already kind of beat with Magma Storm + Earth Power, as well as sort of luring it with Lum Bisharp, because people actually like to use Acrobatics Will-o Talonflame as their Bisharp check sometimes. This would make you less Bisharp weak, a bit more Talonflame weak.

I like running an adamant nature on non-LO Bisharps, so you could consider that, it gives it a chance to ohko offensive heatran after SR, and just gets that one bit more damage you might need on a lot of mons. Your call though.

might add more later
I like the Willo>Toxic suggestion since I am a bit Bisharp weak; it looks very helpful and losing Toxic isn't that big. I can still get residual on the intended (keld Gyara etc) with burn. Adamant Bish does look appealing, I'll try it out for sure. Balloon>Lefties is a fair suggestion that I will take into consideration. A second ground immunity, although temporary, is nice. I can damage or get off a burn on chomp/hippo or what have you. Plus the sand Exca thing. A rate on point, fren. Thanks n_n

Cool team. SD Weavile is a really cool mon that pressures (in fact, you could say it PRESSUREs the whole meta 100% of the time... get it? Ok, I'll show myself out) a lot of the meta right now. I've used it on a team myself, though not paired with Bisharp. So maybe I'll give it a shot. And lol, you're not supposed to have Kyub switchins :P. That thing is a fucking monster (I love you Kyub).

And on to the most important thing: It is a travesty that this rmt is not entitled "Dancing in the Dark". I'm no huge Springsteen fan, but show the man some fucking respect.

I've been trying to think about it, and especially about the Kyurem-Black weakness. Have you tried just running offensive Garchomp ? There's this cool set Tokyo Tom posted which is RH as well, but with 240 speed, max attack and 16 hp - adamant nature. Outrage would OHKO Kyurem-B, and you actually can reasonably expect it to stay in because from team preview an with a somewhat decent amount of meta game knowledge we really can assume you're running Rocky Helmet Chomper. The main downside would be not checking Bisharp and Metagross as well anymore (Scizor's handled pretty well already). You could make up a spread that invests enough HP to make sure you live a Bisharp +2 Sucker Punch (most are jolly nowadays) while keeping the ability to outspeed and ohko kyube. Metagross would become much, much more of a pain that way so it really is your call. You'd just be significantly better off against Kyurem-B, and weaker to Metagross. I can't calc rn but I'm sure you can make a spread, tell me if you manage to do so. That'd also help you with gardevoirs thinking they can get a free hyper voice before mega-ing (and modest ones), so yeah consider this. The last move posted on the set was SD, it's either that of fire blast, both work well here to me.
Tell us what you think.

I've been trying to think about it, and especially about the Kyurem-Black weakness. Have you tried just running offensive Garchomp ? There's this cool set Tokyo Tom posted which is RH as well, but with 240 speed, max attack and 16 hp - adamant nature. Outrage would OHKO Kyurem-B, and you actually can reasonably expect it to stay in because from team preview an with a somewhat decent amount of meta game knowledge we really can assume you're running Rocky Helmet Chomper. The main downside would be not checking Bisharp and Metagross as well anymore (Scizor's handled pretty well already). You could make up a spread that invests enough HP to make sure you live a Bisharp +2 Sucker Punch (most are jolly nowadays) while keeping the ability to outspeed and ohko kyube. Metagross would become much, much more of a pain that way so it really is your call. You'd just be significantly better off against Kyurem-B, and weaker to Metagross. I can't calc rn but I'm sure you can make a spread, tell me if you manage to do so. That'd also help you with gardevoirs thinking they can get a free hyper voice before mega-ing (and modest ones), so yeah consider this. The last move posted on the set was SD, it's either that of fire blast, both work well here to me.
Tell us what you think.
Bro, that's an awesome suggestion :o While Outrage is nice to OHKO KB, being locked into that could be p bad for me. Maybe d claw will do, putting it in range of a teammate (OHKOs after rocks and a LO hit). I think the impish spread is needed to take on metagross, but with enough speed for LO Mild KB (290), which lets me get off a hit on all pre evo M-Garde's, like you said. Something like 252 hp /52+ Def /200 spd maybe? With that said tho, I could maybe afford to go offensive rh chomp since Bisharp bops Metagross after some prior damage anyways. Will test for sure tho. thank you n_n

Yeah that's exactly something like that I was thinking. I think it's be worth having DClaw over DTail for that reason. However I guess if you feel Metagross isn't too much of a problem you can rely on your dark types but that means you risk a huge momentum loss every time you attempt to revenge Metagross with Bisharp.

Like I mean, you're forced to go for sucker punch otherwise it just runs straight through, and your opponent is likely to take advantage of that, so he might get a lot of free switches off your Bisharp, capitalizing on the threat Metagross is to the team if Garchomp can't take 2 of its hits.

Ahh my son ArchPhantom pulling out the lordsquad. however, I'd probably change heatran to a stone edge set because specially defensive talonflame kinda breaks your team

Ahh my son ArchPhantom pulling out the lordsquad. however, I'd probably change heatran to a stone edge set because specially defensive talonflame kinda breaks your team
Magma Storm traps it and wears it down to the point where Heatran can just use Earth Power to prevent it from roosting while the Magma Storm damage will whittle it down until its gawn.

Magma Storm traps it and wears it down to the point where Heatran can just use Earth Power to prevent it from roosting while the Magma Storm damage will whittle it down until its gawn.
Heatran can be worn down easily, and considering talonflame isn't even 2hko'd by earth power, its still does rather well. It also has the potential to beat 5/6 if you don't count heatran, and heatran is shaky at best.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heatran can be worn down easily, and considering talonflame isn't even 2hko'd by earth power, its still does rather well. It also has the potential to beat 5/6 if you don't count heatran, and heatran is shaky at best.
Talonflame is easily taken care of by the combination of Toxic Heatran + Rocky Helmet Garchomp, as it cannot spam its moves without losing 1/3+ of its health. Its not as much of an offensive threat with Stealth Rock up as its almost guaranteed to be a free switch as Talonflame Roosts.

Wow, pretty awesome team man! Congratulations on the peak! There's not really much that could be fixed with shuffling team members around as everything is incredibly solid, and as you said most things are taken care of by careful sacs. However there are a couple things I can see that I would personally try out! The first note is Dragon Tail on Garchomp. There's really no need for it IMO, especially since you aren't running any sort of hazard except for Stealth Rock, and you still fail to break the subs of things like SubDD Gyarados meaning thats a potential Pokemon that it can set up on (that, Heatran, Latias that's already used Draco Meteor, and Weavile. Potentially 4 Pokemon that it can just straight set up on and beat. You can still Toxic with Heatran, but I don't think anyone would risk a possible Earthquake, plus Waterfall deals minimum 98% so its incredibly risky, especially as your primary Fairy check). Since you DO outspeed it at +0, I recommend putting Toxic over it, as it helps to wear down things like Gyarados or Rotom-W, making your time way easier for things Bisharp+Weavile to sweep. This doesn't completely fix a weakness to SubDD Gyara, but it does help relieve it a bit and keeps it in check.

You also have a tiny weakness to Sand Rush Excadrill, as all it needs to do is get in safely mid-game and you have no real answer to it. Latias is 2hkoed, Garchomp is 2hkoed with Rocks up (most of the time) and Venusaur is 2hkoed with Rocks up, and the rest of your team obviously loses to Heatran. A simple fix to this is to give Heatran an Air Balloon. This does not give you complete immunity and it can force you to play safer (but then this team should really play a fast paced playstyle, meaning Leftovers isn't at max usefullness. Besides, teams with Sand Rush Excadrill don't carry stall, meaning that Heatran is wayyy less useful there). As a result, this lets you play decently well against Volcarona, as it lets you get a free Toxic off without being 2hkoed. You also have free-er reign over Earth Power Kyurem-b, meaning you can Toxic it or Magma Storm it safely. Lastly, Heatran only needs 244 Spe to outspeed Neutral Nature Excadrill, meaning you can freely put 8 Points into Def or SpD. You still outspeed Max Base 70s, and the only things you miss out on are Kyurem-B and 232 Spe Landorus-T (Double Dance Landorus, which you don't want to stay in on anyway). However, if you feel it necessary to sac Heatran to Toxic Kyurem-B, you can still run 248 Spe to outspeed, either way these evs are really inconsequential. Hope these suggestions helped!

Talonflame is easily taken care of by the combination of Toxic Heatran + Rocky Helmet Garchomp, as it cannot spam its moves without losing 1/3+ of its health. Its not as much of an offensive threat with Stealth Rock up as its almost guaranteed to be a free switch as Talonflame Roosts.

Wow, pretty awesome team man! Congratulations on the peak! There's not really much that could be fixed with shuffling team members around as everything is incredibly solid, and as you said most things are taken care of by careful sacs. However there are a couple things I can see that I would personally try out! The first note is Dragon Tail on Garchomp. There's really no need for it IMO, especially since you aren't running any sort of hazard except for Stealth Rock, and you still fail to break the subs of things like SubDD Gyarados meaning thats a potential Pokemon that it can set up on (that, Heatran, Latias that's already used Draco Meteor, and Weavile. Potentially 4 Pokemon that it can just straight set up on and beat. You can still Toxic with Heatran, but I don't think anyone would risk a possible Earthquake, plus Waterfall deals minimum 98% so its incredibly risky, especially as your primary Fairy check). Since you DO outspeed it at +0, I recommend putting Toxic over it, as it helps to wear down things like Gyarados or Rotom-W, making your time way easier for things Bisharp+Weavile to sweep. This doesn't completely fix a weakness to SubDD Gyara, but it does help relieve it a bit and keeps it in check.

You also have a tiny weakness to Sand Rush Excadrill, as all it needs to do is get in safely mid-game and you have no real answer to it. Latias is 2hkoed, Garchomp is 2hkoed with Rocks up (most of the time) and Venusaur is 2hkoed with Rocks up, and the rest of your team obviously loses to Heatran. A simple fix to this is to give Heatran an Air Balloon. This does not give you complete immunity and it can force you to play safer (but then this team should really play a fast paced playstyle, meaning Leftovers isn't at max usefullness. Besides, teams with Sand Rush Excadrill don't carry stall, meaning that Heatran is wayyy less useful there). As a result, this lets you play decently well against Volcarona, as it lets you get a free Toxic off without being 2hkoed. You also have free-er reign over Earth Power Kyurem-b, meaning you can Toxic it or Magma Storm it safely. Lastly, Heatran only needs 244 Spe to outspeed Neutral Nature Excadrill, meaning you can freely put 8 Points into Def or SpD. You still outspeed Max Base 70s, and the only things you miss out on are Kyurem-B and 232 Spe Landorus-T (Double Dance Landorus, which you don't want to stay in on anyway). However, if you feel it necessary to sac Heatran to Toxic Kyurem-B, you can still run 248 Spe to outspeed, either way these evs are really inconsequential. Hope these suggestions helped!
Thanks a lot for the rate. I agree with your suggestion of Air Balloon on Heatran; it does helps out a great deal with some threats to my team, namely Kyurem-B and Rush Drill. Plus with the whole team being grounded and all, stuff like Scarf Landorus-T and Excadrill can freely spam EQ since my only immunity has no business coming in on them. With GeeMick and you suggesting it, I will change to Balloon as I believe it will better my team overall.

As for Chomp, you raise great points. D Tail is better with Spike stacking teams and while the shuffling is nice at times, some mons can set up on / take advantage of it, especially with the - priority. I will test Toxic a bit before deciding on the change. Once again, thanks a lot for your rate!

Last edited:
Perhaps I missed something, but I believe scarf landorus-t does a number on your team. With only 2 switch-ins (chomp and mega venu), you lose a bunch of momentum every time this thing switches in. I would recommend replacing chomp with Ferrothorn. (Keep in mind this would significantly increase your fire weakness.)

Perhaps I missed something, but I believe scarf landorus-t does a number on your team. With only 2 switch-ins (chomp and mega venu), you lose a bunch of momentum every time this thing switches in. I would recommend replacing chomp with Ferrothorn. (Keep in mind this would significantly increase your fire weakness.)
Scarf Lando-t is the least of my worries. M-Venu snacks on EQ even after rocks:

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Mega Venusaur: 118-139 (32.4 - 38.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

And Tank Chomp wears it down with Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet if it opts to U Turn, putting it in range of Weavile's Ice Shard or Bisharps Sucker Punch. Not to mention I have Air Balloon Heatran and Latias if the scarf Lando t really wants to lock itself in EQ. Thanks for the suggestion tho n_n

Last edited:
I'd disagree in that it can taunt to prevent beiing toxiced as well as siimply Will-O-Wisp garchomp and taunt it to prevent stealth rock. Just my opinion tho

Solid anti-meta team bro, deals with a lot of the threats in the meta like sableye, mega scizor, altaria, etc. Dark spam sounds like a cool idea, I might have to try this team out sometime. Good shit bro, gratz on getting in team showcase also!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, fun team u have here, i like to make one single suggestion cuz u seem a lil bit annoy to Spedef Talon if u run Toxic on Chomp i think is useless toxic on tran too so u can put Stone Edge > Toxic to relieve this issue and also hit CharY cuz u dont have recovery on ur lati and is easy trapped by ScarfTar which are the common build with CharY other than that ur team look solid, gratz in ur peak too. Hope i help u man

Hey man, fun team u have here, i like to make one single suggestion cuz u seem a lil bit annoy to Spedef Talon if u run Toxic on Chomp i think is useless toxic on tran too so u can put Stone Edge > Toxic to relieve this issue and also hit CharY cuz u dont have recovery on ur lati and is easy trapped by ScarfTar which are the common build with CharY other than that ur team look solid, gratz in ur peak too. Hope i help u man
Thanks for the rate. I agree fully with and have edited the OP. SE can be extremely helpful cause SDef Tflame is truly a dick sometimes, especially with the loss of leftovers on Heatran. n_n

Last edited:
Heatran should run power herb + solar beam over Toxic. The idea is that magma storm will hit everything on the swap and they already take damage over time from magma storm. It also prevents them from swapping so you know you're not giving away your solar beam too easily. Give it a few speed EVs to outspeed common rotom-w sets and you're good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)