Dat SandStorm

Sup Smogon. A while ago, i decided on working on a Bulky Offensive SandStorm team and after fixing it a bit, it looked pretty good so i decided to ladder with it. So I did a few battles with it but it turned out pretty badly. But anyways, here i present you my Sand team.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
This Shit wrecks. It Just KOs like everything. Crunch and Pursuit are the bread and butter of this set as they could either kill huge threats like latios, starmie or juz trap them. Stone Edge is another reliable set, OHKO'ing standard Rotom-W after rocks and 2HKOs skarmory. Superpower is another useful move which is capable of murdering blisseys and ferrothorns. The HP invest gives me enough bulk to switch into a specs draco meteor from latios and trap it / kill it with crunch. 80 Speed evs gives me the opportunity to outspeed Jellicents which nowadays run speed evs.

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return
I Love this thing. OHKOs almost everything that doesnt wall it after +2. A +2 Return could actually 2HKO gliscor switch ins after +2 and OHKO Rotom-W after rocks. This thing pairs up perfectly with Virizion as it removes stuff like Gliscor and Rotom-W which gives Excadrill a hard time.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
Your classic SD Taunt defensive Gliscor. This thing fucks up Skarmorys hard with taunt, Excadrills with earthquake, and walls the fuck outta almost every scizors.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Skarmory. The best defensive wall of yesterday and today. Gave it maxed hp and defense juz to maximize its bulk on the physical side and shed shell prevents me from getting trapped by magnezone which is pretty common nowadays.

DarkRavenn12 (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Yeah Gastrodon. Umad Boi? Named it after a good friend of mine DarkRavenn12 / TheMasterOfOz cause he suggested me to use Gastrodon in OU. Storm Drain gives me the opportunity to switch into Rotom-W and take a boost from Hydro Pump. Maxed HP and Sp def let me take on Thundurus pretty well and OHKO it with ice beam after rocks.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
Dat Vagina Head. This thing is a complete beast. I rely on it and gastrodon to beat rain teams all the time. It's only walled by sp def Jirachi, which can be handled by both Gliscor and Excadrill.

So yeah, this is the end.Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can give me some opinions and suggestions about this team.

Sun teams, namely Venusaur and Will-O-Wisp Ninetales are dangerous threats, as is Calm Mind Virizion. You don't have a solid way of dealing with the former other than going to Tyranitar to get sand up and then trying to revenge with Excadrill, but that's a bit too tricky to work against better players. The latter grabs a free boost vs. Tyranitar and will, at the very least, put a sizeable dent in your core, but has the potential to sweep you clean if it's invested in some bulk, making it harder for Excadrill to revenge.

My suggestions to fix these problems are 1). Choice Scarf Tyranitar over your current set, and 2). specially defensive Choice Band Scizor in place of Gliscor.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf | Jolly | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Crunch | Pursuit | Stealth Rock | Rock Slide

Scizor @ Choice Band | Adamant | Technician | EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
U-turn | Bullet Punch | Superpower | Pursuit

So lets address how these two Pokemon will help you out. Tyranitar can now revenge kill Chlorophyll sweepers on its own, not needing Excadrill's speed to defeat them; Tar can also surprise kill overzealous Ninetales that try to burn him. Lastly, he can act as a desperate check to Thundurus / Tornadus. You'll notice I included Stealth Rock on his moveset; that is because I believe you should use Spikes in SR's place on Skarmory. Skarm's sole purpose in life is to lay up spikes and he should never be without them. SR on a choiced Pokemon may seem odd but early game, Tyranitar will often have a free turn to lay it and you'll usually end up switching out the next turn anyways.

As for Scizor, with a specially defensive EV spread, you can tank any hit from Virizion, even at +1, and strike back with a hard-hitting U-turn, or Bullet Punch if you're too low on health to tank a hit. This set works extremely well with spikes support and also patches up the Reuniclus weakness that is opened up by dropping Tyranitar's CB. I hope this helps, good luck.

I like that Excadrill has Return; but I think X-Scissor is a better choice because Virizon and Slowbro usually like to switch in on Excadrill.

I like that Excadrill has Return; but I think X-Scissor is a better choice because Virizon and Slowbro usually like to switch in on Excadrill.
X-Scissor does neutral damage to Virizion, so Return does more . And +2 Return OHKOs standard rotom-w, so that's the reason i use it over X Scissor, and i have other pokes to take out Slowbro easily so it's not a problem to my team

you could run a smack down landorus alongside exca as they compliment eachother mayby instead of gastro other wise a very solid team :D

You are heavily Grass weak. I would recommend either Ferrothorn, or Jirachi for that problem. Ferrothorn trolls grass-types, and Jirachi can take them out with Ice Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)