DC'ing from the server regularly?

Hey, I'm pretty new to the metagame, and I just started going onto Smogon's server. Well, today I hit my stride and got up to 98 on the rankings, but then, after that, I started DC'ing after about 5 minutes every time I enter the server. This has become a large problem, since whenever I start a match, I DC half-way into it and the server counts it as a forfeit from me. After ~10 matches of straight DC's, my ranking decreased to 400. You can imagine my frustration.

My internet connection is very good, so there's no problem there. Does anyone know anything I'm not doing that I have to do to stay on the server? For reference, what happens when I DC in a match is that one turn, I press a move, and nothing happens. Chat I type in doesn't show up in the battle screen or in the main server screen. Shortly after this, I either receive a message that I was DC'd from the server, or it just remains in this state forever until I close down the screens.

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.

That has happened to me before except I only DC if I have opened PO for a long time. I think it might be a bug or something. You should try switching IP addresses and go on again, it might just be your IP. You could try going on other servers and seeing if this happens, if it doesn't then it's probably a bug.

This isn't really a server problem, nor do I really know how to answer it. The best bet for something like this is to just reinstall PO and hope it goes away. If it doesn't, and it happens for all servers, then it's something with your internet.

The only reason this would happen is if the server is maxed out on the number of people, which will cause you to experience lag, and become overactive which makes you DC. Before you log onto a server try to check the number of people on the server and see if you DC more often where there are more people online, because this has happened to me on the Beta server and old smogon server.

Is there a specific reason why there is such heavy lag on the server or is it just overloaded with people? Sometimes I will literally click to switch and I'll instead stay in and attack. And I can't cancel a choice and a lot of the time it just won't let me make a move.

It has a lot to do with having so many connections active at once. I tend to shut down every program on my computer to help it run smoother, but it's still fairly reactive. Usually the lag isn't too bad, but during peak hours it is able to get pretty nasty. I'm trying my best to keep the lag down, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)