Dec 7 - 21: 5* Raids for Dialga & Palkia

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Both were very easy for me. Even ignoring their stupid ai, Dialga's Earth Power does practically nothing to Hisuian Goodra, and he can survive a Draco Meteor Post Tera as long as it doesn't crit. I had to fight Dialga twice because I forgot that I had no Pokeballs the 1st time so I had to buy more afterwards and both times it was really easy.
This is the second time I've seen mention in this thread of crits against Hisuan Goodra.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't dream of running anything but Shell Armor on H-Goodra in this raid, as the other two abilities are a waste of time and Shell Armor is a fantastic ability for basically every tera raid ever.

1702070646653.png

Perhaps the Palkia raid is literally child's play if Azurill can beat it. My initial attempt was with my old SpA Draining Kiss Azurill used for Chesnaught, but it just didn't have enough power behind it since Fake Tears is quickly reset and nullified at 75% time remaining. Even though the shield is only worth 30% HP (thanks to https://stevecooktu.github.io/sv_raid_lookup/ for updating the event links for 2.0.0 recently) and these raids take 20/40/80% for nontera/tera/STAB tera damage compared to the usual 20/30/70 of 7 stars, Azurill's 20 SpA alone can't cut it, so I decided to just make a physical Azurill instead. Thankfully Azurill actually learns Belly Drum as an egg move now, which is a relatively recent development from SWSH.

1702070872105.png
1702071764905.png

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Fairy Azurill Tera Blast vs. Lvl 75 0 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 1564-1844 (18.3 - 21.6% of 35x hp boss) -- possible 5HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Fairy Azurill Atk Cheer Tera Blast vs. Lvl 75 0 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 2344-2760 (27.5 - 32.4% of 35x hp boss) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Azurill runs the typical Eviolite and Fairy tera you would expect for this battle. I maxed out HP and left the Impish nature but optimally you would probably just want to max out SpD instead. Light Screen is Azurill's main way to boost its SpD, as it does not learn Amnesia. While Azurill's only setup move is Belly Drum, but Azurill's only physical Fairy STAB comes from Tera Blast with a Fairy tera, so I opt for Draining Kiss in the last move slot to sustain HP instead of a debuff move like Mud-Slap. Since Tera Blast shreds Palkia once fully set up, survival is the real problem here with early Gravity making Palkia's initial onslaught guaranteed to hit. Azurill doesn't fear Thunder as much as Azumarill, but it does take more damage from Fire Blast (without Thick Fat) and Hydro Pump in the rain. It's not too bad after Palkia nerfs itself, but it does end up being a problem to actually set up Belly Drum safely.

In the earlygame I expect to die at some point to Palkia's guaranteed hits under Gravity and rain, so I just hit some Draining Kisses to set up a tera charge when I respawn and also ideally retain a cheer for the rest of the raid. I don't want to die too quickly though, because I need the CPUs to chip it down to 80% HP to trigger the only buff reset in the battle before I can set up. In this attempt I got both a defense and offense cheer off.

1702073301709.png
1702070678476.png

Afterwards I set Light Screen and try to stall out for some misses or weak hits after Draco Meteor, sustaining with tera Draining Kiss. After getting paralyzed I used the last heal cheer to get back to full HP right as Palkia hit its last reset time threshold, while Palkia paralyzed me again but put itself to -6 SpA with no more resets left. Then I was able to Belly Drum and start Tera Blasting to victory, with just 3 blasts used and a kiss for good measure. Overall I would say this Palkia fight is a pretty interesting challenge for Azurill, but unfortunately for Scarlet players Dialga just OHKOs Azurill with Steel Beam.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
:SV/Hatterene:
Shell Bell / Light Clay
Tera Fairy
Calm Nature
Ability doesn't matter
252 SpD / 252 HP / 6 SpA

Drainig Kiss
Mystical Fire
Calm Mind
Light Screen
This is another case where I'm scratching my head over the ability choices on this raid. I've been using Hatterene for both Dialga and Palkia and ability DOES MATTER, particularly for Dialga.

Hatterene should carry Magic Bounce for Dialga, as it bounces back the Stealth Rocks that Dialga lays down at the start of every battle. For online raids where lots of randos are dying, not eating rocks damage when they revive is a nice bonus for the team. Definitely not a case of "doesn't matter" for the ability, IMO.

And for Palkia, although I haven't used the ability items to change my Hatterene's ability from Magic Bounce (because it's not helpful for Palkia who uses no bounceable moves) -- if I were writing up this set and suggesting the optimal build, I think Healer is marginally useful for healing teammates Paralysis from Palkia's Thunders. I have started carrying Covert Cloak on mons I use for Palkia, specifically because Thunder paralysis is such a pain in the ass. Again, I haven't bothered to change my ability on Hatterene to Healer, because I'm using Hatt for both legend raids and I'm not going to switch back and forth between abilities. But, not because the ability "doesn't matter", even for Palkia.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finding a Dialga raid online was a pain, it failed a dozen times before I managed to enter.

Hopefully, only the host made a weird pick (tera-Fairy Heatran, which is good in VGC so they must be a decent player, they probably didn't know about Earth Power in this raid). Even if it died twice, having three fairies (then 4 in endgame) was enough to win.

I solo'd Palkia with Espartha, as it's generally good enough in neutral-typed 5*. I won a close one, would not recommend, having Sylveon as my ally was definitely my saving grace.

Back to the Indigo waiting room, I'm not really interested in farming those.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I ran my Spcl Def support Clodsire on both raids and apart from a few dodgy teammates beat both pretty easily.

Amnesia T1 and then just Mud Slap away to tera. You don't care about any of Palkias attacks (immune to Thunder and Hydro Pump) - though I did get burnt by Fire Blast in my few games. Throw up another Amnesia or two when the clear happens and keep Mud Slapping to support the team. After Rain and Gravity wears off it's Acc drops like a stone.

Similar story Vs Dialga as Non Stab EP isn't really a threat unless it crits and after you tera away from Poison you're fine tanking everything. The one raid I finally managed to connect too had a Hisuian Goodra which honestly carried the raid as we got a Sylveon and an Iron Valiant... I think the acc drops came in clutch here as well.

I did have a lot of problems trying to join a Dialga Raid which I've seen a few other people mention on Discord - wonder if the event was just being battered today.

DougJustDoug

Getting into both raids has been much worse than any previous events I can recall. I literally try to join 10 to 15 times sometimes before I get one. I don’t know what’s going on with these raids, making them so much harder to get into.

This is another case where I'm scratching my head over the ability choices on this raid. I've been using Hatterene for both Dialga and Palkia and ability DOES MATTER, particularly for Dialga.

Hatterene should carry Magic Bounce for Dialga, as it bounces back the Stealth Rocks that Dialga lays down at the start of every battle. For online raids where lots of randos are dying, not eating rocks damage when they revive is a nice bonus for the team. Definitely not a case of "doesn't matter" for the ability, IMO.
I was curious about this, are scripted moves like Stealth Rock a one-off like this that always get bounced by any Magic Bouncer, or does it have to "pick" Hatterene as the one Target like it would for an attack Extra move?

Getting into both raids has been much worse than any previous events I can recall. I literally try to join 10 to 15 times sometimes before I get one. I don’t know what’s going on with these raids, making them so much harder to get into.
My guess is that these guys are highly coveted as Legendaries, but also harder than Walking Wake or Iron Leaves. So everyone's trying to get into rooms (especially for Version exclusives) but also failing because online Pokemon Players, meaning they have to attempt multiple times and the pool doesn't shrink as quickly for the "just get mine and then stop" players on top of the farmers.

To be fair I've actually been struggling with getting in raids for quite a while... It's particularly bad with these 2 specifically for whatever reason, but In last couple weeks it's also taken me over 10 attempts to even get in a single "regular" raid.

The Switch and specifically Pokemon net has never been that good but it's going particularly badly as of late. Hopefully the DLCs and the patch that comes with it solve it...

Wow people weren't exaggerating when saying this would be easy...
IMG_20231208_200004.jpg

Managed to solo with the lil sushi dragon!
:sv/tatsugiri-stretchy:
Onigiri (Tatsugiri-Stretchy) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
Tbh I had put taunt in there cuz I didn't want to deal with stealth rock chip every time onigiri fainted but that didn't end up being a problem so any other move could've been there. Gameplan was pretty simple; spam nasty plot, hope dialga's draco meteor doesn't do too much (hence the haban berry to reduce the initial one and take less damage from subsequent hits due to the sp atk drop) and proceed to spam dragon stabs (meteor for shield and a general nuke option and pulse for a safer option that doesn't remove boosts and is 100% accurate). Idk if it was due to the haban berry, dialga not wanting stat debuffs me just getting insanely lucky or the ai being insanely stupid (maybe even all four at the same time! Though realistically it could be the last one...), but dialga literally used meteor ONCE in the duration of the entire thing, and since tatsugiri didn't take much damage from any of the other attacks I managed to boost up and start chunking. She did get fainted almost at the end, but by then dialga was pretty low on health so I could pick them off with an unboosted draco. (Oh yeah I forgot about the ai teammates. Uh, I got the people with heracross weavile and arboliva. None of them did anything major but arboliva's grassy terrain counteracted a fire blast burn so that was helpful ig).

So yeah, that was the story of how I defeated the god of time with a sushi. Have a great rest of ur day!

Having done a loop around paldea to earn more funds I will say that honestly D & P here just have standard 5* AI, but with fancier turn strats

Leaves being hard is for much the reason a given 5* raid can be hard: sometimes you just get a combination of typing, moves and stats that things get to be a nightmare.
Then you have things like DP where it could be scary on paper or if yo uget unlucky, but are pretty managable

:weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Misty Surge
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dazzling Gleam
- Misty Terrain
- Sunny Day

This support completely shuts down Palkia, the harder of the two imo. Misty Surge / Terrain makes Palkia's Draco Meteor weaker while protecting you and your team from Thunder's Paralysis and Fire Blast's Burn. Sunny Day weakens Hydro Pump and makes Thunder less accurate. Acid Spray to lower SpDef on shield and Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam for damage. 92 Speed outpaces neutral Level 75 Palkia.

DougJustDoug

Both raids are pretty easy and you can get by with almost anything, if you build it well and play it right. But, since this thread is about strategies for the raid, I figure I'll post the strats that have been optimal for me. Although I've dabbled in lots of pokemon against Palkia and Dialga, for optimal results I've found Fairy types to be best. Here are the Fairies I'm using for each legend:

The Palkia raid is the easier of the two raids, because it doesn't have a big supereffective move against Fairies. So there's lots of options you can use and their builds and playbooks are all nearly identical. So, I'll just present them all together.

:sv/flutter_mane:
:sv/sylveon:
:sv/florges:
:sv/hatterene:
Flutter Mane @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Protosynthesis
Modest Nature
252 SpAtk / 128 HP / 128 SpDef
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire / Moonblast
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind​
Sylveon @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Hyper Voice
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind​
Florges @ Light Clay
Ability: Flower Veil
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Moonblast
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind​
Hatterene @ Big Root
Ability: Magic Bounce
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind​

These are all Fairies with big Special Attack and big Special Defense stats, and they are built to leverage both of those. I have made mine with Modest natures and I put all the EV's in SpAtck, HP, and SpDef. Honestly, you can go Calm if you want, and you can mix and match the EV's all you want and not really change the viability of any of these mons against Palkia. It's really just a question of your preference for dealing damage versus taking damage.
The moveset and playbook is pretty much the same for all of them: Screen the boss, CM up, use Draining Kiss to hit and recover health, repeat until cleared. More specifically:

• Turn 1: Set up Light Screen to help you and the team withstand attacks
  • For Flutter Mane Turn 1: Wait a couple of seconds until Palkia uses Rain Dance, and then put up Sunny Day to debuff the Hydro Pumps and to activate your Protosynthesis boost.
  • With the screen up, you're not going to take much damage for the next several turns, so I usually start using attacks to build Tera. DK, Mystical Fire, Moonblast -- all are fine, depending on your health needs and desire to do damage vs debuff
  • As soon as Palkia does the player stat wipe, use Calm Mind
  • Attack a few more times to go Tera, using your attacks of choice
  • I usually use Calm Mind again on the turn I actually go Tera, because I want to spam attacks post-Tera
  • Reset the Light Screen when it runs out
  • For resetting Flutter Mane's Sunny Day, you need to watch Palkia's HP and wait when it's about to go below 50%, because it will scripted Rain Dance again. Use Sunny Day again only after it Rain Dances. In some of my earlier runs with Mane, I used Sunny Day as soon as sun ran out, and right about that time Palkia set rain again, and I had to waste a turn to put weather back to sun. So just watch the boss' HP bar.
  • Button mash attack of choice until the raid is cleared
You can use any of the three items (Covert Cloak, Big Root, Light Clay) on any of the Fairies. I have generally settled on Covert Cloak as my personal fave, because Thunder paralysis happens WAYYY too often. But getting more health recovery with Big Root is nice, and Light Clay gives me more time to boost/build Tera to get to the endgame wincon. Use whichever best suits your style of play for any one of these Fairies.

I have the fairies listed in my order of preference for Palkia, but they all work really well. Also because they set screens and/or debuff the boss, these are all good for helping teams win in online randoms. I have only lost once or twice online, and that is with me accepting basically any Palkia raid lobby I can enter (because it's so hard to get a raid in the first place). Whenever I am on bad teams, all of these fairies are able to pretty much carry the entire raid themselves.

-------------

Dialga is much harder than Palkia, imo, and I lose the Dialga raid online quite often because unprepared teammates die very quickly to Dialga's amazing coverage. All the fairies I listed above can be used for Dialga, and I have used them successfully. But when I finally got around to trying the pokemon below, it was gg for me, in terms of finding the "optimal solution" for Dialga. I procrastinated in using this pokemon, mainly because I knew doipy hooves would pimp the hell out of this pokemon, like they do for literally every tera raid event, even if this mon is suboptimal. But giving props where it is due, if you want a reliable mon for Dialga raids, this one is the CLEAR number one choice, and second place is not even close:

:sv/azumarill:
Azumarill @ Shell Bell
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk
- Play Rough
- Light Screen
- Belly Drum
- Amnesia

Azumarill is one of the G.O.A.T. pokemon for tera raids in general, but it truly separates itself from the pack against Dialga, because it has an unmatched combination of traits that make it basically perfect. Played correctly, you should be able to cruise through this raid without fear of anything other than maybe a crazy bad string of Steel Beam crits. Honestly, I have never worried once in a Dialga raid with Azu, and I have bit my fingernails almost every time using the special fairies I listed earlier.

The fact that Azu doesn't get hit SE by Steel Beam is a MASSIVE advantage over all the other fairies. That does NOT mean that Steel Beam neutral against Azu is no big deal. It does almost 50% to the standard raid Azu, and so when most noobs using Azu do the Belly Drum turn 1 thing, they get slaughtered quickly. But if you use the other things in Azu's kit the right way, you really don't need to worry about Steel Beam or anything else Dialga throws your way.

This raid is a case where Azumarill's miserably low speed is a huge benefit! Without nature or EV adjustments, Level 100 Azumarill has 136 Speed, therefore underspeeding Quiet Level 75 Dialga who sits at 146 Speed. So Azumarill just needs to wait a second or two for Dialga to set Trick Room at the start of the battle, and Azumarill gets the big luxury of moving before Dialga for the first 5 turns of the battle. Here's my usual play sequence:

• Turn 1 Azu uses Light Screen which makes that first Steel Beam do a little more than 20%, which is very manageable.
  • At this point, I keep an eye on Dialga's health and see when it's going to go below 80% health and do the player stat reset. I do Play Roughs in solo or teams in order to help it along.
  • Immediately after the player stat reset, I use Amnesia. With a Screen and Amnesia, Steel Beam becomes a 10% damage love tap to Azu.
  • From here, it's really about what Azu's health looks like to determine the next move.
  • Because the AI is weird, it probably has used Fire Blast or Earth Power some on Azu, which do almost nothing, in which case Azu might be sitting at or near full-health, simply from the Shell Bell recovery of the unboosted Play Roughs. If Azu has been eating some Steel Beams or perhaps got burned by a Fire Blast, then I'll do a Heal Cheer to top up Azu's health.
  • Now, you can finally use Belly Drum safely and go to the endgame.
  • Play Rough repeatedly, going Tera as soon as it's there, and clear the raid.

By the time Dialga gets around to using Iron Defense, it really doesn't affect the outcome with Azumarill at all. Azu is Belly Drummed up to +6, with Amnesia and Screens making it laugh at anything other than crit Steel Beams. Even if a crit happens, Azu is recovering enough health from Shell Bell Play Roughs to relax and just keep button mashing until Dialga faints.

Azumarill gets plenty of ink when it comes to tera raids, and I am reluctant to use it sometimes because I like experimenting with less-popular pokemon. But for the Dialga raid, the winner is clear. Azumarill is simply that good, that perfect, for this.

Last edited:
So I’m not gonna lie, I just went into this solo (don’t have NSO right now, don’t feel like renewing it since I haven’t been using my Switch as much lately) with a level 85 Tera Ghost Flutter Mane w/ a SpA boosting nature, Choice Specs and Moonblast, and uh… one Dialga down and in a Dive Ball?

I suppose it helped that the NPCs I was with brought a Sylveon and Haxorus (shoutout to the NPC with Mudsdale though, that was funny) and I just lived a Fire Blast randomly, but yeah Dialga really wasn’t as hard to bring down solo as I expected.

Good luck to everyone else with their raids! Hope y’all can get your deity of choice.

:weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dazzling Gleam
- Misty Terrain
- Sunny Day

This support completely shuts down Palkia, the harder of the two imo. Misty Surge / Terrain makes Palkia's Draco Meteor weaker while protecting you and your team from Thunder's Paralysis and Fire Blast's Burn. Sunny Day weakens Hydro Pump and makes Thunder less accurate. Acid Spray to lower SpDef on shield and Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam for damage. 92 Speed outpaces neutral Level 75 Palkia.
Wouldn't Strange Steam be better for this set? Weezing-G would be able to put out a bit more damage and potentially provide free turns w/ confusion when Misty Terrain disappears, and you won't need to burn resources for a Dazzling Gleam TR. The only reason I can see why it's not on the set is the accuracy.

Wouldn't Strange Steam be better for this set? Weezing-G would be able to put out a bit more damage and potentially provide free turns w/ confusion when Misty Terrain disappears, and you won't need to burn resources for a Dazzling Gleam TR. The only reason I can see why it's not on the set is the accuracy.
The last sentence is precisely why I'm using Dazzing Gleam, because I actually tried Strange Steam before Dazzling Gleam. My first attempt at using Strange Steam resulted in a miss that got my Tera Fairy Weezing killed :puff:

Plus, the damage difference is negligible when not invested in SpA, and I actually want to set Misty Terrain again to shield myself and my team from Thunder Paralysis.

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
I used this to solo Dialga and to win online for Palkia, but it is better and easier against Palkia:

Flutter Mane @ Big Root
Modest Ability
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 128 HP / 128 SpDef
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind

I didn’t put a lot of thought or optimization into this build, it’s just the Mane that I already had in my box and I adjusted its moveset a little, but that’s all. These raids are pretty easy, and as others have said, the AI makes them even easier. I’m probably going to farm the Palkia raid online with this, because it works better than against Dialga (those Steel Beams hurt, but dumb AI is dumb, so not a dealbreaker). Nice rewards on this event, so it’s worth farming.
Flutter Mane absolutely bodies Palkia, although a different set.

Flutter Mane @ Covert Cloak
Modest Ability
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
- Draining Kiss
- Moonblast
- Fake Tears
- Calm Mind

Turn 1: Calm Mind
Turn 2-3: Fake Tears
Turn 4-6: Draining Kiss
Turns 7+: Moonblast (Tera)

Only thing you need to pay attention to is when Palkia resets your Pokemon's stats, you'll need to use one (1) Calm Mind to get your SpDef backup. Otherwise, it's pretty much smooth sailing with this set. I've been farming with this set. I haven't tested it against Dialga though.

Support Blissey has been perfect for those online raids in my experience. I could even prevent weird picks from getting koed!

1702317328752.png

You mainly just take advantage of your very high special bulk (uninvested in SpD I did not forget lol) to focus on healing your mates! I Light Screen on turn one, then it's mainly a matter of Life Dewing or Heal Pulsing (for stuff that sets BD or takes too much damage in general). Helping Hand further boosts boosted mons' offensive capabilities. Healer has been clutch in more than one raid since paras from Palkia's Thunders is annoying. Low speed means you move before Dialga in Trick Room which is great as well!

Support Blissey has been perfect for those online raids in my experience. I could even prevent weird picks from getting koed!

View attachment 578686

You mainly just take advantage of your very high special bulk (uninvested in SpD I did not forget lol) to focus on healing your mates! I Light Screen on turn one, then it's mainly a matter of Life Dewing or Heal Pulsing (for stuff that sets BD or takes too much damage in general). Helping Hand further boosts boosted mons' offensive capabilities. Healer has been clutch in more than one raid since paras from Palkia's Thunders is annoying. Low speed means you move before Dialga in Trick Room which is great as well!
As much as I love blissey as support, I still feel Helping Hand is bait. It's too hard to actually catch the correct "moment" to cast it, I've seen a ton of HH just go wasted on people who end up using a cheer or a setup move.

I'd recommend just going another support move (I have Rain Dance there from the old Chari and Typh raids), or any offensive move just to help chipping if everyone is healthy.

As much as I love blissey as support, I still feel Helping Hand is bait. It's too hard to actually catch the correct "moment" to cast it, I've seen a ton of HH just go wasted on people who end up using a cheer or a setup move.

I'd recommend just going another support move (I have Rain Dance there from the old Chari and Typh raids), or any offensive move just to help chipping if everyone is healthy.
Helping Hand in raids lasts until the mon actually uses an attacking move but doesn't stack with repeated uses, so there is no correct timing as long as they use an attacking move. My source is from the Spoink OHKO of Delphox that uses Helping Hand into Spoink which uses Calm Mind T1.

Helping Hand in raids lasts until the mon actually uses an attacking move but doesn't stack with repeated uses, so there is no correct timing as long as they use an attacking move. My source is from the Spoink OHKO of Delphox that uses Helping Hand into Spoink which uses Calm Mind T1.
I think it actually lasts until the next time the Pokémon with Helping Hand chooses a move, right? So I still have to time it to when people don't need a heal, but that's a lot easier and I often find myself in situations where Helping Hand is optimal to click rather than a round of Healing, so as to not waste PP but still contribute. Other options such as Sunny Day/Rain Dance or attacking moves do not really convince me, so I think I'll roll with HH.

I think it actually lasts until the next time the Pokémon with Helping Hand chooses a move, right? So I still have to time it to when people don't need a heal, but that's a lot easier and I often find myself in situations where Helping Hand is optimal to click rather than a round of Healing, so as to not waste PP but still contribute. Other options such as Sunny Day/Rain Dance or attacking moves do not really convince me, so I think I'll roll with HH.
I believe the Helping Hand user can still move afterwards and the buff will remain. I looked through for similar OHKO setups by the user and the Eevee OHKO relies on Meditite using Helping Hand on Mankey and Skill Swapping Pure Power afterwards.

Ok, so I just saw some info on the Stellar Tera Type and... Well, remember when I said in some of my support builds that sometimes you don't want to Terastallize because you'll lose out on useful resistances and immunities? Also, I wonder how Contrary mons will actually do with Stellar Tera Blast in these raids.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)