Defying Gravity: testmehz vs. Lord Blood - OU WarStory

I heard in the main chat that there was a mono type tourney about to begin. Well, I've only been in one other mono type tourney and in that I got Electric. I managed to get past the first round, but the second round I got decimated. So I decided meh, why not try again. So I talked with the creator of the tourney fire sock and ran through possible choices for my team. After finding out a few types that were left, I was left with Dark, Electric or Ground. I've lost with Electric, so I didn't even bother with that again. Dark was very limited in terms of Pokemon, so that left me with Ground. And lo and behold, the team got me to round 3. This round where I fought testmehz.

Lord Blood's Team:

testmehz's Team:

• Evasion Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
My battle log comments will be in Blue.
My comments will be in Purple.
testmehz's comments will be in Dark Red.
Everything else will be in Green.
Battle text will be Bolded.
Key Moves/Misses will be Italicized.
HP will be Underlined with Leftovers, Stealth Rock and Life Orb recoil factored in.

vs.

testmehz sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Lord Blood sent out Hippowdon (lvl 100 Hippowdon ?).
Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!

It's a Jirachi lead. Reviewing the rules of the tourney, I remembered that Steels were banned. So there were 3 choice as to what his Jirachi was doing: 1) Wild-Card Pokemon (Only 1 per team), 2) His team was Psychic Mono Type, or 3) He was using a different type. Well, I didn't really care what type he was using. I knew that I needed to get rid of his Jirachi ASAP as it would cause problems for a large portion of my team. I decided to go with the awesome STAB Earthquake, 100 Base Power/100 Accuracy, hits all but Levitaters and Flying types.

Jirachi used Trick.
Jirachi obtained Leftovers!
Hippowdon obtained Choice Scarf!
Hippowdon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 66% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Broly has entered the room.
Lord Blood: hm...
Lord Blood: Jirachi

Hmm... TrickRachi. I also run a TrickRachi on one of my other teams so I know two of it's moves, Trick and the omnipresent Stealth Rock. I decide to go use Earthquake again just to see who else is on his team. Also, I can't change my move due to Choice Scarf.

100%

40%

---
testmehz switched in Moltres (lvl 100 Moltres).
Moltres is exerting its pressure!
Hippowdon used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Moltres...
The sandstorm rages.

Moltres just sticks out to me as a potential threat and I get a feeling that Moltres is going to be one of his valuable Pokemon. I decide to go to Rhyperior to absorb the Fire Blast that I was coming from a mile away. I don't want to reveal my team's synergy yet seeing as it's too early in the game and I don't know what type he's using.

100%

94%

---
Lord Blood switched in Rhyperior (lvl 100 Rhyperior ?).
Moltres used U-turn.
Rhyperior lost 13% of its health.
testmehz switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
The sandstorm rages.
Lord Blood: flying, I see

But he outpredicts me and uses U-Turn. I just gave his Moltres a free switch and it damages my Rhyperior. I changed from Life Orb Rhyperior to Wide Lens Rhyperior. No idea why, but I hate Stone Edge and Megahorn missing. He switches in Gliscor against my Rhyperior. I now know that I'm up against a Flying team. I knew that I should've replaced Megahorn with Aqua Tail. But no worries I decide to use Stone Edge with STAB against his Gliscor.

87%
100%
---
Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Rhyperior lost 36% of its health.
Rhyperior used Stone Edge.
Rhyperior's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
testmehz: woudn't have done much anyway

Stone Edge misses. I do feel stupid right here. Not only did I not get any damage on him, but he damaged Rhyperior. I also have no idea what item he's using. I decide to switch to Flygon to see if he's Banded.

51%
100%
---
Lord Blood switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
Gliscor's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
testmehz: damn!
testmehz: saw that?
Lord Blood: ya
Lord Blood: costly miss

Wow. Not only did the Hax Gods shine upon me, but that Ice Fang may or may not've determined the winner. I'm glad that I got Flygon in. That was a very risky move on my part. I'm glad that Flygon didn't have to pay for it. I now decide to reveal my Wild Card. Seeing as his Wild Card was the starter, this was the perfect opportunity for Scizor to switch in. I know that he's going to Ice Fang again, in hopes of killing my Flygon. Scizor's gonna take the hit and then U-Turn the incoming counter.

100%

100%

---
testmehz switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Lord Blood switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
The sandstorm rages.

Hmm... he switches in Jirachi. I guess I should've Flamethrowered with Flygon. But, when I ran damage calcuations, I saw that Flamethrower would only do ~33-35%. I couldn't let Flygon die. Well, Scizor comes in as planned. I U-Turn out to scout and to see again if he has any counters.

100%
46%
---
Jirachi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Scizor used U-turn.
Jirachi lost 61% of its health.
testmehz's Jirachi fainted.
Lord Blood switched in Hippowdon (lvl 100 Hippowdon ?).
The sandstorm rages
6 - 5 Lord Blood

He takes this opportunity to set up Stealth Rock. While U-Turning, I decide to go to Hippowdon and set up my Stealth Rock. (On a side note, I also killed his Wild-Card, so 2 for the price of 1. Whoo Hoo!) I had to wear down his Moltres. I now believe that Moltres is either Scarf'd or Specs'd since Overheat seems to be the only move he's using. Not to mention that he's not gaining Leftovers recovery.

100%
Faint - First death on his side
94%
---
Moltres used Overheat.
Moltres's attack missed!
Hippowdon used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
testmehz: -_-

I switch in Hippowdon and he switches in Moltres. Overheat is his strongest move and Hippowdon's gotta set up Stealth Rock. I click Stealth Rock and hope that he doesn't use HP Ice or Grass, seeing as that hurt 80% of my team. He uses Overheat and it misses. Two costly misses on test's side. Now with Stealth Rock up and me being Choice Scarfed, I switch to Rhyperior to take the Overheat.

94%
88%
---
Lord Blood switched in Rhyperior (lvl 100 Rhyperior ?).
Moltres used Overheat.
It's not very effective...
Rhyperior lost 46% of its health.
Lord Blood's Rhyperior fainted.
Moltres's special attack was harshly lowered.
The sandstorm rages.
5 - 5 Tie

Test is pretty ticked off that Overheat missed on Hippowdon. Rhyperior comes in as my death fodder. He's no use to me now seeing as with Gliscor still around, Rhyperior wasn't going to get much done. If I had Rock Polished, his Gliscor would've came in to wall me to eternity.

Faint - First death on my side
82%
---
Broly: well 5-5
testmehz: ht
testmehz: that thing should be dead -_-
Lord Blood: lol
Flygon used Stone Edge.
Flygon's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.

I switch in Flygon to hit Moltres hard with Stone Edge. My brain was telling me that he was going to switch to Gliscor. Which he unfortunetly did. Now, with Jirachi out of the picture it was time to reveal my synergy. I switch from Flygon to...

94%
94%
---
Lord Blood switched in Quagsire (lvl 100 Quagsire ?).
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
A critical hit!
Quagsire lost 20% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Quagsire. This guy can take hits from everywhere. Although Swampert seems to be the clear choice over base stats, Swampert lacks one clear thing over Quagsire. Water Absorb. On a ground mono team, Water Absorb is very useful. Quagsire comes in to take the critical Ice Fang like it was nothing. I decided to work out my plan now and scout his team fully.

86%
100%
---
Broly: spank em quaggy
fire sock has entered the room.
testmehz switched in Mantine (lvl 100 Mantine ?).
Quagsire used Yawn.
Mantine became drowsy!
The sandstorm rages.

Yawn. A 2 turn move that on the first turn, it drowses then it sleeps. Test was trying to outpredict me and get 25% healing from a Water attack. I Yawned him to give me another 25% to whoever was coming in.

92%
75% - Drowsy
---
testmehz: uu battle
Lord Blood: lol
fire sock: lol its the tourney fight right?
testmehz: yup
fire sock: ok
Broly: yeh flying vrs ground
testmehz switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Quagsire used Protect.
Quagsire protected itself!
The sandstorm rages.

I decide to Protect just to scout what kind of Mantine he's using. I remember a few in UU carried Toxic, so it'd help me to scout. Not only that but Mantine has over 120 base special defense. Ice Beam wasn't going to do anything. He switches to Togekiss and now I know that if I work to find out his last Pokemon, I can plan accordingly and save the Pokemon I need.

98%
75%
---
Lord Blood switched in Hippowdon (lvl 100 Hippowdon ?).
Togekiss used Encore.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.

Very strange move. He uses Encore. But when you think about it, he thinks that I'm going to use Yawn. I switch back to Hippowdon. You may be thinking why. Well, it's because I don't want Quagsire to die. Quagsire is my ToxiStall Water Absorb. He can't die early due to Gliscor still being around.

---
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Hippowdon lost 31% of its health.
Hippowdon flinched!
The sandstorm rages.

I decide to Roar, only to be flinched. You know what sucks? Togekiss' 60% Air Slash Flinching rate. That's what sucks. Now I decide to Roar again. I can't his Togekiss deal too much damage to my team. Wearing his team down with Stealth Rock + Roar was the best way I could deal with his Togekiss.
---
Togekiss used Wish.
Togekiss made a wish!
Hippowdon used Roar.
The sandstorm rages.

I know that he's using WishKiss. Well, I Roar'd and got Moltres. Only 1 thing he's going to do...
---
Moltres used Overheat.
Hippowdon lost 90% of its health.
Lord Blood's Hippowdon fainted.
Moltres's special attack was harshly lowered.
The wish came true!
Moltres restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
4 - 5 testmehz

Overheat. Hippowdon dies a terrible death but now I can bring in my Flygon and wreak havoc. No way to stop my
---
Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
Gliscor lost 34% of its health.
The sandstorm rages
Lord Blood: fuck it
Lord Blood: I'm pissed now.

Outrage! I'm on a Rampage! But I might've clicked too soon. Forgetting that his Gliscor's there, I realize that Hippowdon probably lost it's life to not be able to see his team win. Flygon's going to die in vain of Hippowdon. I'm pissed!
---
Flygon used Outrage.
Gliscor lost 35% of its health.
Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor restored 50% of its health.
Flygon's rampage ended.
Flygon became confused!
The sandstorm rages.

OMG!!! He decides to Roost instead of kill me. I know it must be killing him on the inside. He could've just finished me off here and possibly won. I also get a two turn Outrage. I guess the Hax Gods have shined on me again and were very sorry that Hippowdon died. They decided to give me another chance. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a misclick. Now I switch back to Quagsire to absorb the Ice Fang.
---
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
Quagsire lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

I get Quagsire in safely. Flygon's still under my wing and now I have to deal with his Gliscor. Only one thing left to do. IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
---
Gliscor used Taunt.
Quagsire fell for the taunt!
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 80% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

I guess he was predicting me to use Yawn. But I outpredict him and hit him with a 4x SE Ice Beam. If I had Swampert here, it might've KOed. After looking back at the battle, I realized that Swampert would be the better Pokemon here. I've already faced a mono Water team and Quagsire greatly helped me there. But Swampert's higher stats would be more useful here. No worries. I Ice Beam again to see if he uses Roost again.
---
Gliscor used Roost.
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 35% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

He does and now the mind games and predictions take over basic switching. I know he'll Roost again to take my Ice Beam. I'm going to out predict him and bring in my Gliscor. The same thing happened to my Flygon. Who could've died to Ice Fang.
---
fire sock has left the room.
Lord Blood switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Gliscor used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

I catch his Gliscor on the Roost and I get my Gliscor in without harm. After looking at the Taunt/Roost Gliscor set, I confirmed I was faster due to Jolly and Maxed Speed EVs. Now it's time to begin the SubStall. I Substitute to see if he uses Ice Fang again.
---
testmehz switched in Mantine (lvl 100 Mantine ?).
Gliscor used Substitute.
Gliscor lost 25% of its health.
Gliscor made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.

He switches to his Mantine. I almost completely forget to view the residual damage. When I look at it, I see that his Mantine has Leftovers. So I know it's slower due to slower base speed than Gliscor. With Sub up, I decide to ToxiStall Mantine. Go Toxic.
---
Gliscor used Toxic.
Mantine was badly poisoned!
Mantine used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Gliscor!
Gliscor's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.

Toxic hits as he breaks my sub. Now I just wait Sub 'till he dies.
---
Gliscor used Substitute.
Mantine used Surf.
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.

He uses Surf in a desperate attempt to destroy Gliscor. I realized that I should've switched to Quagsire. But no worries, Quagsire can come in next turn.
---
Mantine used Ice Beam.
A critical hit!
Quagsire lost 43% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

I decide to bring in Quagsire, but test outpredicts me. He uses Ice Beam, gets a critical and weakens Quagsire furthur.
---
Quagsire used Protect.
Mantine used Toxic.
Mantine's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
testmehz's Mantine fainted.
4 - 4 Tie

He's going to die this turn, so I decide to Protect against whatever he uses. He was using a ToxiStall Mantine. Cleaver. But with Toxic missing and Protect blocking it, incase Toxic did hit, I knew that victory was close.
---
Togekiss used Wish.
Togekiss made a wish!
The sandstorm rages.

WishKiss. I saw this earlier in the battle so I decide to Pursuit his chances. I'm hoping that I can kill him so that healing is going to be harder for his team.
---
Scizor used Pursuit.
Togekiss lost 39% of its health.

The wish came true!
The sandstorm rages.
Lord Blood: fuck

Pursuit does crappy damage. But I do get Togekiss into Stealth Rock and SandStorm zone. So Togekiss is just a death fodder. But, his Gliscor comes back and ready to deal some damage. I see Earthquake coming so I switch to my Gliscor.
---
Lord Blood switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).

Gliscor used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...
The sandstorm rages.

As assumed, he does use Earthquake. Giving Gliscor a free switch in is very bad. Now I Sub and wait for his attack.
---
Gliscor used Substitute.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.

My Gliscor is becoming weaker and weaker with each Sub. I dropped Leftovers for Brightpowder seeing as my friend got benefited from it a lot. But it doesn't seem to work seeing as Sand Viel + Brightpowder = a lot of misses.
---
Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 23% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Broly: wall it lol

So I Roost and I see that he uses Ice Fang. Well, I know that he might Ice Fang again. But then I see Broly's comments, "Wall it lol." I forget that he's using Taunt/Roost Gliscor and make the sloppy move of Sub.
---
Gliscor used Substitute.
Gliscor used Taunt.
Gliscor fell for the taunt!
The sandstorm rages.

Argh... I'm mad at myself for not picking up on that. Now I can only Earthquake while waiting for Taunt to wear off. The next few turns show that.
---
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
Gliscor's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
Gliscor's attack missed!
Gliscor's taunt wore off!
The sandstorm rages.

Taunt wears off and he misses twice in a row with Ice Fang. Good thing Brightpowder was there. So I pick the best move: Toxic. It'll hurt whatever switches in and give me an advantage.
---
Broly: best move the whole game
testmehz: wtf?
testmehz: 2 misses -_-
Gliscor used Toxic.
Gliscor's attack missed!
Gliscor used Taunt.
Gliscor fell for the taunt!
The sandstorm rages.

The Hax Gods have shined on test here. Toxic misses and he gets a free Taunt. Now I just wait for Taunt to wear off. The next few turns are self explanitory. I wait for Toxic to wear off.
---
Broly: how many fangs you got left
Lord Blood: first battle that gliscor helped me
testmehz: alot
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
Gliscor's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Broly: 2
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Broly: lol
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor used Ice Fang.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 49% of its health.
Lord Blood's Gliscor fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
3 - 4 testmehz
testmehz: finaly :)

Gliscor dies without Taunt wearing off. This sucks. I have the feeling that I'm going to lose now since I just lost my Gliscor. Now I'm mad again. And he's all happy. I guess he does deserve some crits. >.< Well, I only have Scizor, Quagsire and Flygon left. He has Gliscor, Togekiss (basically death fodder) and a mystery Pokemon. Quagsire can most likely haddle all 3 of them.
---
Gliscor used Taunt.
Quagsire fell for the taunt!
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 81% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Well, he still suspects that I'm going to use Yawn. Well, I over predict him and go with Ice Beam. Hitting him for 81%. That's pretty hard. He'll probably Roost, so I'll keep Ice Beaming until he uses his death fodder.
---
ch00blet has entered the room.
ch00blet: omg
ch00blet: you had better win
Lord Blood: me?
ch00blet: yes
testmehz: why?
Lord Blood: he took out Hippo, RaPerior, and Gliscor
Gliscor used Roost.
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 38% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Well, my round 2 opponent, ch00blet comes in to see that I'm losing 3 - 4. But he says that I need to win. So I get my hopes up and work. I work hard. I know that I need to stall out his Roost so that he'll be forced to use Togekiss to let Moltres get a free switch in. I Ice Beam yet again to see when he'll use.
---
ch00blet: oh
Lord Blood: and now he's (BAN ME PLEASE) stalling
Gliscor used Roost.
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.

Nothing else to do but Ice Beam again. I need to damage his Moltres so that he dies on the switch. I'm getting pissed off at him Roosting, so I told ch00blet that he's "(BAN ME PLEASE) stalling."
---

testmehz's Togekiss fainted.
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
But there was no target!
The sandstorm rages.
3 - 3 Tie

Well, he uses his Togekiss as death fodder. It dies to Stealth Rock damage, so I only have to worry about Moltres, Gliscor and his mystery Pokemon.
---
Pointed stones dug into Flygon.
Flygon lost 6% of its health.
Moltres used Air Slash.
Moltres's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.

With Togekiss dead, test brings in his Moltres to try to do some damage to my team. I switch in Flygon to absorb whatever hit he uses. Turns out it's Air Slash. It misses, so I know that he's going to keep Moltres in. He might or might not know what item I'm using. But when I Stone Edge Moltres back to hell, Air Slash won't even matter.
---
testmehz: I have a LOT of hax this game -_-
Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Moltres lost 125% of its health.
testmehz's Moltres fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
3 - 2 Lord Blood

That's true. He did get a lot of hax. Missing a lot. Well, Moltres dies to Stone Edge, making me only worry about his Gliscor and his last Pokemon. Guess it's time to get rid of his Gliscor.
---
ch00blet: yeah cos air slash is rly gonna kill a flygon
Broly: i no right

Lord Blood: I'm betting his last poke is Gyarados
testmehz: It woul'dve hit for a lot

Gliscor used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

After seeing most of his team, I'm wondering what his last Pokemon is. When I say it's a Gyarados, I forgot to realize that Quagsire has Ice Beam, so Gyarados could switch in with ease. That removes that possibility and leaves him with one other awesome Pokemon, Salamence. I know he has Salamence, so getting rid of Gliscor is my first priority. He Roosts on the turn when I bring in Scizor. I decided that if I can bring Gliscor down into Ice Beam range, then when Scizor dies, Gliscor will Roost on the turn I might use Ice Beam.
---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 86% of its health.
Lord Blood's Scizor fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
2 - 2 Tie

So Scizor dies bringing Gliscor into Quagsire's Ice Beam range. I know that test knows that I kept on using Ice Beam when I brought in Quagsire. So I'm going to out predict him.
---
Lord Blood: critical
testmehz: finaly some hax for me :0

Gliscor used Roost.
Quagsire used Yawn.
Gliscor became drowsy!
The sandstorm rages.

test wants to catch on to what I'm about to do. But he doesn't get it. He saw that I used Ice Beam whenever I faced Gliscor. So now I decided to play mind games with him. I used Yawn to hit him on the Roost. This is a high-risk-high-reward move. If I can sleep his Gliscor, then I don't have to worry.
---
Quagsire used Protect.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
The sandstorm rages.

Gliscor fell asleep!

Guess that test doesn't want his mystery Pokemon to switch in to Ice Beam. Which confirms my theory that he's using Salamence. So I Protect to see if he does switch. This was also a risky move, seeing as if it was Salamence, it would've given him a free switch.
---
Broly: lol pwnt
testmehz: should've swiched...
Lord Blood: fuck swampert
testmehz: that costed me the game...
Lord Blood: quagsire is where it's at bitchez
testmehz: i think
Gliscor is fast asleep!
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 77% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

With his Gliscor asleep, I hit with Ice Beam. Doing 77% meaning the minimum, I know that his last Pokemon is Salamence. I attack again.
---
Lord Blood: last poke is Salamence
Broly: sex beam
Lord Blood: lol sex beam
Gliscor woke up!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Quagsire lost 25% of its health.
Quagsire used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 80% of its health.
testmehz's Gliscor fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
2 - 1 Lord Blood

Same move, Ice Beam. But, he wakes up and uses Earthquake. He should've Roosted. But ohh well, guess this wraps up the battle. I hit his Gliscor and...
---
testmehz switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Quagsire's attack!
Lord Blood: I knew it
testmehz: :(
Salamence used Outrage.
Salamence went on a rampage!
Quagsire lost 70% of its health.
Lord Blood's Quagsire fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
1 - 1 Tie

Salamence comes out to let out a rampage. Looking at the Life Orb recoil damage, I know that I've won, since Flygon is Choice Scarfed. Looks like he knows that he's lost. So, I conclude that he knew that my Flygon was Choice Scarved.
---
Broly: gg
Lord Blood: dumb move
Lord Blood: gg
Lord Blood: let's hope I KO
Broly: duh lol
Lord Blood: let me run some calcs
ch00blet: ffs
ch00blet: just go
ch00blet: you'll KO easily
testmehz: why dunb?
testmehz: dumb
Broly: i use a flygon
Broly: lol
ch00blet: just attack ffs
Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Salamence lost 134% of its health.
testmehz's Salamence fainted.
Lord Blood wins!
1 - 0 Lord Blood
Lord Blood: gg
testmehz: gg...

Just to tick off test, I say that I'm going to run some calculations as to whether or not Outrage can OHKO. Obviously I know it can, so I say "gg" and finish the battle letting Flygon get the kill.

Props:
  • Quagsire for walling Gliscor and ultimately scaring the hell out his team.
  • Gliscor for stalling out Mantine and then dying hard against his Gliscor.
  • Flygon for making his Ice Fang miss. Which ultimately determined the winner.
  • His Gliscor for walling Flygon.
  • Togekiss, Moltres and Salamence for being hidden until the right moment.
Slops:
  • His Gliscor missed a lot.
  • Me for getting pissed at his team and then letting loose with Flygon.
  • Dumb moves on both sides.
  • Rhyperior for not doing anything.
UU and OU can mix a lot. But only the true battlers can use the combo correctly. How's my 100th Post Warstory? Not too bad for a year old Smogon member ehh?

EDIT: I'll finish adding pics when I can!

Very Haxxy. =(
I dont really know wether monotype teams make good battles.
Other than that i actually quite enjoyed it.
Good title. xD

Your comments weren't very good. Much of the commentary was literally just reciting what a move does or what attack you each used. That's poor writing.

The match was also marred with hax out the wazoo. I'm not entirely sure why you reported this match, particularly with the glaring spoiler of announcing who won at the beginning.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
It was pretty good. I think the fact that it was a mono-type Warstory (and I barely see those), covered up any "meh" parts of the warstory/battle. Overall good job,

I didn't like you spoiled the ending in the introduction :/

Also, you made a mistake when your Gliscor is Taunted; you said you were waiting for "Toxic to wear off"

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, this isn't the greatest story, especially with you ruining the ending so early, but for some reason I wanted to keep reading. So had to be decently good overall. Monotype battles are an interesting change to see, that was a big help.

This was a terrible story. Bland commentary, dull ruination of the ending, and of course more fucking hax than the whole Pokesav program.

You really were unfair, acting like you're superior to your opponent. You were rude to him and exercised terrible sportsmanship. Your comments were also lacking, with things such as "Now I'm mad," and just basically reiterating what happened the turn before. Generally, your comments should predict what'll happen the next turn which will help explain your thoughts, but instead you just repeat the log above it.

I'm really, really, really sorry, but for some strange reason your warstory just made me cross. Your attitude is a bit unfriendly, and I feel your opponent was haxed out of a win.

You also don't need to tell us how Yawn works, thank you very much. >_>

Altair

just who is the coon?
Meh story, but nice to see some Quagsire action. :D

Also noting that you have 99 posts.

I was Pure Evil in that tourney with my Dragon team but I had to sleep ;_;

Nice match, one of the reasons being the two unique water absorbers in Quagsire and Mantine in the match, even though it was very haxy. I found the comments pretty good and the battle decent though, so I'll rate it 4/5 :D

It was an interesting warstory.

I wasn't insightful and you were a little rude at times, especially considering your opponents dreadful luck, but I was drawn into the story and hooked till the end.

3.5 out of 5 :)

Your attitude during the battle made me stop reading it before it was finished. The way you acted toward your opponent really turned me off.

I really liked seeing Mantine and Quagsire get some action. However, your comments were little more than "I did this. I did that. I'm mad." and made the warstory unexciting.

Your opponent got way haxed in the warstory, they did some really good predictions but still lost because you were lucky.

I would have much rather just read the log.

Sorry, but I didn't like it :(
Your comments were the log in more words and sometimes you were pretty rude to your opponent. Of course, it was good to have a niche (the mono-type) but the comments were lacking. And, a bit to much hax for a warstory.

Interesting warstory.

The comments were so-so and the battle was full of hax, but the fact that it was monotype made me continue reading to the end.
I'm getting pissed off at him Roosting, so I told ch00blet that he's "(BAN ME PLEASE) stalling."
That's rude. What would you have done in his position?

Overall I'd give it a 3.5/5 Pretty good work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)