DM's Hokey Karaoke! (ROUND ONE, SIGNUPS STILL OPEN)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yes indeed everyone, it's time to get the next karaoke tournament up and running. (It's been time to do it for a while, but my patience has ran out.)

I was originally going to have Loki be my co-host so that I could call this game DM/Loki Karaoke, but I figure it would be much better if I just eschewed the figurehead nonsense (and possibly confusion) and just went full steam ahead on my own.

Anyway, the rules will be a bit different this time around. Obviously, the community vote will still play a part in determining winners in each round, but in an effort to take the power away from bullshit voting tactics, there will also be two anonymous judges that will rank all the entries. At the end of voting, the two judges' ranks for each contestant will be added together with their rank in the public voting. The lowest scores will be the contestants who will move on to the next round!

Also, in an effort to get as much interest and participation as possible, THERE WILL BE NO MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRANTS. IF YOU WANT IN, SIMPLY POST HERE AND SAY YOU WANT IN.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Deadlines are deadlines, and they will be strict. Get your songs done and submitted on time, or face the consequences. It isn't that hard.
Also, since there is no sub list, if someone drops out/doesn't submit a song for a later round, the highest-ranking entrant who did NOT move on from the previous round will take their place. I refuse to allow empty spots in the voting when there are worthwhile posters who can take that spot.
ALL DECISIONS OF MYSELF AND THE JUDGES ARE FINAL. If have an issue, you may present it to me via PM, but don't for a second expect any decisions or scores to be overturned/changed. Also, if anyone feels the need to publicly bitch or grouse about other entries or votes you feel were unfair, expect to be disqualified and/or have your posts deleted, possibly infracted.

All that said... these things are supposed to be FUN. Karaoke is goofy shit, and as the title of the karaoke says, I intend to bring some silliness back into these competitions.

So sign up now, kids!

CURRENT ROSTER:
OmegaDonut
vonFiedler
Atlas
supermarth64
Johann
Upside
pookar
The Chaser
badalcristiano
ILoveLiza
crabnebula
andrea
Chris is me
Alchemator
Jackal
Ditto
Huy
Tyler
Seven Deadly Sin
makiri
Ninahaza
KnightoftheWind
Fatecrashers
~NJ
LonelyNess
Hipmonlee
coolking49
KingEmpoleon
macle
Crux
GonE
Bucky
Justinawe
shade
wickdaggler
Phiddlesticks
Eraddd
daquiri
Thunda
6A9 Ace Matador

ROUND ONE:
80s/90s Rhythm & Blues

I understand not all (or many) of you remember the 1990s, but MAN, were they a good decade for R&B. Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe, En Vogue, etc. tore up the charts back then. Now, it's time for YOU to tear up 90s R&B!

Here is how the first round will work: I have 40 contestants as of AM's post, so what I will do is randomly split everyone up into 4 groups. Only a certain amount of people from each group will make it through to round two.

Because there will only be 4 groups, I don't want any more than 8 people singing the same song (2 of the same in each group). Post in this thread when you have made your song decision so that others know... or, just let them know with your finished submission!

NOTE TO ALL CONTESTANTS: As I am running this alone, any assistance is greatly appreciate. To that end, if you are able to complete your submission and put it on YouTube yourself, I will be in your debt. I really don't relish the prospect of making and uploading 40 karaoke videos.

All that being said... go to it!

And for anyone else who still wants to join... ENTRY INTO THIS COMPETITION IS STILL OPEN, AND WILL CLOSE UPON THE DEADLINE FOR FIRST ROUND SUBMISSIONS.

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 5th, 12pm Eastern time. (5pm for your Brits.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)