DOU WCoP suspended due to Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Greetings friends! As you are all no doubt well aware, I have been "voluntarily" retired as a Smogon admin after an unfortunate mixup where I sent sensitive Smogon information to Rudy Giuliani instead of our lawyer, Dr. Felix Merriweather IV. The mixup was solved thankfully before our tier changes and usage stats for the next year and a half were leaked to the news, and in exchange I showed Rudy how to use Ancestry.com to "reconnect" with his cousins. Anyway, I digress. I now have plenty of free time, and as such I have decided to become a US Central cheerleader!

Now most of you must be wondering a few things, such as "why Central and not East, where you actually live?", "did MajorBowman drop the restraining order after DPL?", or "why are you even posting if you don't play Pokemon?". The answers are pretty simple:

- I can make more money running marijuana to the midwest than trying to compete with the shops here. I had plans for a combination dispensary / massage parlor, but my clientele base mostly dried up once they realized I was in charge of both sides of the business. Not a happy ending to that story, unfortunately.

- I cannot comment on ongoing litigation but my lawyer is working feverishly to convert the restraining order into a marriage license. Turns out all you need in Texas for either is a lasso, according to a law from 1873 that's inexplicably still on the books!

- Post-retirement I have way too much time on my hands, and no matter how much I scrub I can't ever seem to clean it off of them. They're so unclean, so so so unclean UNCLEAN MUST CLEA-

I digress. Rest assured, I will keep you all posted throughout the tournament on how my new team is doing! That is, of course, a threat. I am going to keep you all updated, whether you like it or not. It is inevitable, like the heat death of the universe that can't seem to come fast enough these days. That's all for now though, toodles!

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
Welcome to the first Doubles World Cup Power Rankings! We asked all of the Captains to rank others teams and write a couple lines about what do they think about their lineups.

1. US Central

I think everyone unanimously agrees that this is the team to beat if you want to win this tournament. They're making finals, unless by some miracle, they get upset by another region. All they need is their starters and they could still win it all! Their bench is pretty solid as well. Nails, spurrific, qsns, bowman, shrop, and para are established dou players. The fact they get an opportunity to work together as a team makes them all that much deadly. Im really excited to see what metagame trends nails comes up with for this tour, I always look forward to what teams he brings. Spurrific hasnt been playing much dou this year but he's so fucking good at this game. Give him a couple days of testing and some solid teams and he's golden haha. Qsns is another solid player and he is probably going to use teams that nails builds. Thats a deadly combo haha. Bowman is a talented player that can definitely beat strong players if he puts his all into it. Idk how motivated he is for this tour but i really want to see the best out of him. Shrop is someone who ive always thought was a solid all around player. Ive played many test games with him in different gens and he pushes me to get better because i know he's someone that isnt going to hit a platue. He'll probably go positive in this tour tbh. Para is another good player on the team. Ive said it before but hes been killing it all year. I havent been impressed with his gameplay ever since snake started though. Idk if its nerves or if he's not feeling the meta but i hope he turns it around for dlc2. GG US Central, congratulations on winning the tour :p

This lineup is also pretty loaded. I count 7? former or current SPL / Snake players which is pretty ridiculous for one region of the United States. The fact that shrop may or may not start for them is pretty insane. Nails is one of the best players at the moment and Paraplegic has been doing well in Snake / DLT / Seasonal. Bowman is still currently in Winners Bracket of seasonal while cute user qsns is always solid, even if they went *only* 3-4 in Snake (which is still impressive). This team is second because I'm not sure how much Wob (although he's the BW goat), laptops, miltankmilk, and Spurific have been playing SS DOU. Futhermore, while they're all talented players, we'll have to see how they team together.

Tbh I had a hard time deciding which team to rank 1st, but yeah I think I'm going with US Central. Packing players that play the tier on a high level and have had a good performance with qsns + Paraplegic + Shadowmonstr, plus having really good players that I'm not sure if they're still playing but are still super good in Bowman + miltankmilk + Nails + DaWoble, and last but not least, old players that haven't really touched the tier but can do good on Spurrific + laptops + shrop. Overall, solid players everywhere, solid teambuilders in a lot of them, It's going to be a fun time playing vs this team! If they don't make playoffs they probably got either HARD haxed or hacked.

This team and Meditteranean are the clear two favourites, but I think central has the edge. Nails, qsns, and Paraplegic are some of the best players at the moment, and have been innovators behind several SS trends, such as hazard stack and Weezing. MajorBowman and shrop have been doing well in seasonals recently and so will be in good form going into the tour. With Shadowmonstr, who's had success earlier this year, and players such as Spurrific and miltankmilk, who haven't played SS but have had success in the past, Central can round out a strong starting six and have capable substitutes ready to step up. There's no BW in this tour, so I guess DaWoblefet will just be spamming "mish "and his signature "why do <x> when you can say mish?" in the team Discord. Most importantly though, Central has the best memer in the tier in laptops, ensuring they will dominate in the meme thread as well. This team has a solid lineup without any real weakness.

winning mentality: 4/5
building: 5/5
consistency: 5/5
overall: 14/15

Any of their subs could be a starter on any team except Mediterranean so this fact says a lot about how consistent this team is. They also have some prolific ss builders in nails, qsns and paraplegic so they are not likely to use bad teams. The attitude towards the tour might be the only issue with this team tho, since i've seen paraplegic say too many times this week that this tour is only for fun, although I would imagine most of the players on this team don't think the same and want to win regardless.

No surprise here I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that central and Mediterranean are top 2 teams without a doubt. Giving the edge to central because even though both teams have strong players, I feel like the mediterranean players usually use similar teams from what I've seen in their solo tour performances, while central has a more diverse teambuilding lineup with people like DaWoblefet, Paraplegic and Shadowmonstr and they also have generally strong players like Nails, MajorBowman and miltankmilk. Almost half of this team does not really have the most Gen 8 experience but I think the fact that its a brand new meta will make that irrelevant.

Nails, Qsns, and Para are all top players and builders that should perform well. Bowman and Spurrific are great players that should perform well when given a Nails, Qsns or Para team. Their final slot is probably between Shrop and Shadow, Shrop is on the upswing after coming back from dou and has made some good teams recently as well, while Shadow had good results early in SS but has fallen a bit since. There's really not much that needs to be said, this team is filled with great players and even all the subs will be good players that would be starting on most teams. They're definitely the team to beat

2. Team Mediterranean

The best contender to eliminate US Central and win dou's first iteration of wcop. The team is being managed by smb and he has plenty of experience as one. He has great players in his arsenal such as umbry, qwello lee, jrl, tenzai, and himself. I expect all of them to start with either zigh/duckpond in the last slot. This team will probably have the best synergy out of all the regions since most of the players on the team are already familiar with one another and are pretty close friends with each other. They've also faced each other during spring ssnls and snake as opponents so they've gotten a good look into each others playstyles and habits. Umbry has been playing so well ever since live tours started last year for sm. I haven't seen her falter once since then and she keeps taking out names 1 by 1. A new generational shift hasnt stopped her from replicating her results from the end of sm and now that all the legends are back... Beware of godsteela lmao. Good luck to her opponents, you'll need it. Qwello lee is finally making a name for himself in the dou scene. He had a 3rd place finish last year during sm spring ssnls but i feel like people forget that so i had to bring it up because he was able to do it again for ss spring ssnls. He's positive in snake rn and im not surprised. Ive always thought qwello was a good player ever since i played him in fall ssnls last year. I ended up getting a chance to be his teammate during discord premier league earlier this year and i saw glimpses of what he could be in the future. He's going to be a top 10 player and the only thing thats going to stop that from happening is if he quits playing mons lol. Qwello is going to have a great run for wcop! Jrl, my good friend. I hope youre doing well and feel motivated for this tour after a shaky performance in snake. Jrl is a natural at this game. Once he figures out what's good and what isnt, its over for everyone. It all comes down to how he deals with his nerves and mentality. Having the support of his best friend tenzai is going to make all of this irrelevant though since theyre on the same team. I believe jrl is going to rise back to prominence and i wouldn't want it any other way. Tenzai is a wildcard to me. He has gotten better ever since spring ssnls but i sometimes find my myself confused when i see the teams he builds. His sets are sometimes underwhelming but i know smb will be a great asset in that area. Tenzai is going to perform well as long as he gets the assistance from his teammates and captain. Smb is another great player on this roster. Just like nails, im looking forward to what he ends up building. I will always be amazed by his teambuilding skills and he's pretty good at this game too lol. Im excited to see him play. Its been a while since he entered a tournament (I think spring snnls was the last ss tour he entered) but i can see him going 3-0 in pools :p if US Central doesnt win, team med will.

A starting lineup of JRL / Qwello / SMB / Tenzai / umbry / Voltix is very, very good. I'm ranking Mediterranean over US Central because I know for sure of this team's synergy already. JRL, Tenzai, and Voltix are all already really good friends and have prepared together extensively before. SMB is one of the best DOU players of all time, while Quello and umbry (cute user) are coming off very successful snake runs. Toxigen is definitely an above average 7th man. Overall, due to their preexisting chemistry and high tier skill, they're the #1 team for me.

Now if Mediterranean isn't 1st ofc they're second. Captained by my former apprentice SMB and having high caliber players in umbry - tenzai - jrl - voltix - Qwello, I expect them to tear through most teams with ease. The rest of the players aren't randoms either, toxigen being an old dubs player, Amarant having good success in dubs despite not 100% maining them (i think?) and Zigh being a solid player just makes the whole team a perfect candidate to take the cup. If they don't make playoffs they probably got a hard time piloting the 30000 IQ teams made by SMB.

In a shocking turn of events, Spain and Italy both spontaneously left Europe before Britain properly could. They must have good lawyers because they even got the better half of the divorce with a miriad of snake players in JRL, Qwello Lee, SMB, tenzai, and umbry (compared to Europe's lonely frania). Along with voltix, the Spanish armada and Italy's finest have had a strong showing this year and look almost unsinkable going into this tour. Anybody who knows something about DOU knows of SMB, a consistent top performer and great builder with effective, if sometimes bit unorthodox, builds. Even if he has a bad tour he should go positive, and can provide invaluable support to his teammates in addition. umbry has really came into her own in the latest rendition of SSD, sitting at a joint first record of 6-2 at time of writing, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has an equally great record in this tour. The rest of the aforementioned players are also solid, including ten/tenzai, Qt Lee, and DLT aficionado JRL, and complete one of the strongest starter lineups in the competition. Amaranth, Toxigen, and Zigh all have some doubles experience and should be fine substitutions if someone is unavailable or underperforms. This is an extremely strong team edged out only by Central.

On the other hand, this team has multiple up and coming superstars like JRL, Tenzai and Qwello Lee who have achieved their best results this year, alongside the dominant duo of SMB and umbry who are extremely reliable players. Toxigen has also been showing a lot of interest recently after being gone for a while, so expecting great things from him. Don't know too much about the other players in Doubles so won't comment on that.

Umbry and SMB are both really great players that can offer great teambuilding support. Qwello is super underrated and with the good snake he's having he should have no problem doing great here. Both JRL and Tenzai are kind of wildcards where they can definitely perform really well, but I can also see them both playing badly. Voltix will probably be their last slot and while he's a fellow doubles LC goat and had a great last seasonal I think he's just pretty good when compared to the players in this tour. Their subs are definitely worse than US Central but that shouldn't matter as long as the first 6 perform well and don't have any activity issues. Overall this team is a close second to US Central and as long as JRL and Tenzai have one of their good performances over their bad ones they can definitely win it all.

3. Canada

Out the remaining teams, i think canada is the 3rd best region. Their team looks pretty balanced with players like z strats, mishi, kyle cole, genone, and gma's cooking. Thats what i assume will be their starting lineup. Mizu will probably be the last slot for her team since shes pretty good in bw. Just like team med, the team synergy looks fantastic. I can see them going to full lengths in making sure every moveset item, and ev spread are optimized. Kylecole was my manager for dpl so i know what he's capable of in team tours. (Sub to kylecole on youtube btw :p) im excited to see how mishi performs in this tour. He wasnt really feeling the meta during pre tundra but i know he's motivated to play again now that we got all the good mons back. Mishi is a good player and i can see him sweeping his pool if he builds the right teams. Z strats is a LC main and he is out here to prove that he can also play dou. He's been helping out qwello for snake so i know he's in good shape rn. Idk what kind of teams he's going to be building but if its anything like his teams from sm, well... Just hope for the best haha. Im hoping im not in his pool :p kylecole is an excellent dou player. His team ideas are sometimes whack as hell but i blame his teambuilding AI for that. He's doing pretty good so far in fall ssnls and i hope he can achieve the same results for wcop. Im not too high on mizu. I know shes a solid player in bw but ive never seen her play ss. We'll just have to wait to find out. Genone is pretty decent. A solid starter for this team. He sometimes uses a mon or 2 on his teams that isnt ranked on the tier list but i believe thats due to him laddering a lot. Im sure he'll bring good teams when he figures out who he's playing during pools. Gmas cooking is someone that has done pretty well in dou ssnls whenever he enters them. I wouldnt be surprised if he did well this tour as well. The rest of the bench are decent players so if anyone gets subbed out, i think canada will do okay.

Bonus points for having universal healthcare. Z Strats / Mishimono / KyleCole are all top tier players with prior SPL / Snake experience which should really help them here. GenOne and Grandmas Cookin are both solid-ish players but they're also very active which is important. I have never seen Ham play but they are super nice and make speed tiers so I assume they're up to date. I don't think Mizuhime has played SS DOU recently but always comes back for DPL and I see them talk in the discord sometimes so I assume they'll be active. Eisenherz makes cool art and SiceXV mains 1v1 but that's all I know about them!!!! Overall, I think the top 3 players will carry them play wise while they also have a lot of other active users which will help.

Canada seems to have a good and solid lineup. I think their main core will be Mishimono - Z strats - GenOne, players that have kept participating and having good results on tours, and a special special mention to GenOne because his builds are :fire: . They also pack a couple of veteran players in Mizuhime - KyleCole, known to be real good in past gens, but I'm not sure if they have played SS at all. Will practice be enough to take a bit of rust out and shine? We'll see! Now, the rest of the team I don't know who they are, but I think they all play dubs? Anyway if they were picked I doubt it was because they were the ones remaining, they must have some kind of experiencie and want to take a spot on the starting lineup. If they don't make playoffs It's Mish's fault. It's always Mish's fault.

Home to the best (and really only) DOU YouTuber that ever was, next is Canada. Team captain Z Strats and Mishimono are the snake players here, with Z Strats without a doubt being the best player on the team, and having performed well throughout SS so far. Mishimono likes to build a lot of terrible teams, but with Z Strats and the <redacted> 9000 behind him, hopefully uses something better than Bisharp, and lets his piloting ability get him some wins, as can be seen from his recent win in snake over DOU juggernaut Ezrael. Kyle "click the ads" Cole is the next easy starter of the team. Hopefully if I say he's the best player ever he'll bring back The Weekend Show, so, he's the best player ever. GenOne is a DOU regular who should do fine as long as he doesn't load up monofire. Mizuhime rarely comes out of cryostasis to play games, but with teams should be alright. Hamlette and Grandmas Cookin have some DOU experience and I think I recognise the name Eisenherz from DUU ages ago but IDK if they've played more recently. No idea who the last two people are but I imagine they won't be needed. This team has a few great players and a number of alright ones that should be lifted up with support.

building: 4/5
consistency: 3.5/5
overall: 11.5/15

A team with genone, z strats and kylecole (the man who's going to win current ssnl without dropping a game, hope i don't jynx after this is posted) should be able to bring both solid and cool teams. If you add mishi and some other people who have been playing the circuit to their lineup it should be a solid one. Definitely a solid contender to make poffs and, maybe, win the whole thing?

Much like the other two teams, Canada also has a super solid starting lineup. I know Z Strats and Mishi are quite motivated and also have more experience in this gen than many others. I didn't think that KyleCole was too big on Gen 8 but he is currently in round 10 of seasonals and he beat me along the way so he must be the goat. GenOne has always been pretty consistent as well, but I'm not sure if Mizuhime will be able to unrust in time. Hamlette seems to be knowledgeable in the tier as well while Grandmas Cookin recently started to play DOU seriously and he's already pretty good so high hopes for this team overall.

4. Europe

This was the hard to decide but i gave the 4th spot to EU because of the experienced single players on the team(tony flygon and bkc) Even if they dont end up starting, the team will get solid test games with players who are very knowledgeable about pokemon. The starters will be frania, yoda, aray, and 3 others. I honesty dont know who the remaining 3 slots will given too so im only going to only write about the 3 players i mentioned. Frania is a very good player. Im always amazed whenever i play him in test games because he's always 1 or 2 steps ahead of me. He always performs well during snnls as well. He's currently on winners side of fall snnls and i expect him to have a deeper run. Unfortunately, his results from team tours are really underwhelming. He has the talent and skills to do great but it just doesn't translate over to team tours. He'll have 1 or 2 good games but that's it. Im hoping this tour is where it finally comes to fruition. I know you can do it Frania. Aray is going to do fine. Hes always been a solid player and his teams are good. Idk if he will continue using suicune since rilla is everywhere. He'll definitely be using fullroom with broken ass diancie haha. Depending on his pool, aray could probably finish positive. Yoda always uses standard teams. If a team gains popularity, he'll find a way to get it and use it himself. He's not really a builder so he'll probably use a team from someone else. That makes him deadly though because you never know what team he is going to bring. He also lucks his opponents a lot so dont get tilted if you get haxed. Very solid player though :p i dont really know the remaining players on the team other than givrix but i havent been that impressed with him even if he did qualify for dlt

I don't think Yoda has ever *won* a DOU tournament but also consistency finishes near the top. Frania is also very solid and came off a Snake draft where they were the first DOUer picked. AuraRayquaza, despite having bad Marshadow opinions, is also a nice player. Sakura☆ has a cute username and has gotten reqs in all the recent DOU suspects + apparently plays VGC according to umbry so I think they can be some sort of x-factor maybe idk. Givrix and his army of French goons are a nice addition to the team as well. BKC and TonyFlygon are extremely good players overall but I don't think they've ever play DOU or will be too active :c

Imagine being Europe and not having SMB - umbry - spanish trio lmfao. Anyway, this team still has a good ammount of solid players in AuraRayquaza - Frania - Yoda. I think Givrix plays dubs as well, but the only thing I really know of him is got 1st seed on DLT only to get unlucky enough to face SMB ): . I don't even have to say anything about BKC. The man himself. You can probably create a tier that contains Digimons and he'll be top 1 of it. Now, I have no idea who the rest of the team is, but from references I've got, they're no newbies, so we all better watch out and not let our guard down. If they don't make playoffs, I mean you can just say you didn't had Mediterranean members and no one complains.

winning mentality: 3.5/5
building: 2.5/5
consistency: 3/5
overall: 9/15

Having someone as competitive as frania on this team definitely boosts the winning mentality rank since he can carry the team in terms of building, test games, scout, etc... Building should be ok ig? They have players that only like to play standard teams and some players that only like to play kind of bad teams so idk how this mix will end up. It's hard to guess a lineup for this team, they could either go with tony and bkc or the french players for their last slots, any option should be able to grab 1 win or 2. Maybe both options end up having to play if aurarayquaza quits the tour once marsh gets banned.

Based on DOU experience alone, this team is probably the weakest of the bunch. Yoda, frania and AuraRayquaza are all veterans so they should hold their own in the competition. Givrix has shown some promise recently in the seasonal and also DLT, but will have to see how he performs in a more competitive team tour setting. I believe Sakura is a VGC player which is not too bad. The big question mark is on BKC and Rabbit who are both amazing singles players so it will be interesting to see how they adapt to this tier. I think the performance of this team will depend on the non-doubles players which could be a hit or miss.

Frania is a weaker carry than what US Central and Team Mediterranean have but he's still a great player that can perform well. Yoda and Aray are both good players who performed better and preferred old gens, but with this meta being closer to SM they can definitely perform well if they have the motivation. Sakura is more unknown to Dou only performing in suspects as far as I can tell but I've heard they're quite a good VGC player so I expect them to do well with enough support. BKC, Tony and Alpha Rabbit are also players I expect to do well if given enough support, they don't play doubles but they're all really good singles players who know the game which I rate higher than mediocre doubles players. I really like this team and the mix of dou and non dou players they have and expect them to perform well. The biggest concern is whether Frania, Yoda, and Aray in current gen are enough to support the non dou players.

5. US West

This team contains Maki LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Demantoid is one of the best Doubles players overall, but they sat out Snake and I'm not sure how much they've kept up with the current meta. Esteemed user I want Atago to sit on me is really good as well and always challenges me for test battles which is cool. deoxys speed and Dunga are cool players Sunrose brought out of retirement, but again, I don't think they're caught up with the current meta. Sunrose is a cool user and is super up to date on the meta, but I've never seen them play. Boat is a US east traitor and I hope he does poorly!!!!!!! (just kidding ofc) Eternal Snowman is an okay player, but I think they can do well with proper support. Overall, the team has solid players, and will really rely on Sunrose and I want Atago to sit on me to provide ample support since they might be the only ones up to date on the meta lol.

First and most noticeable, how is there a user named "I want Atago to sit on me"? . Isn't the limit like 10 characters? Anyway good nick, 10/10. They pack some good players on what I think will be the starting lineup with Demantoid - Sunrose - ESM - DeoSpeed - Atago - KennyJ. Demantoid being the ace of the team, having the most experience out of all of them, though I'm not sureIf he has played SS (I think not). Also a lot of old dubs players that haven't been on the scene for a while, but should do ok if they get practice and motivation. I think this team has the potential of becoming a great threat on the tournament, but only with enough practice to get the rust off. If they don't make playoffs It's Demantoid's fault because he was too busy writing 5 bibles about Mishimono.

As has already been said, this team has a number of players known for building weird teams. Demantoid hasn't played much SS, but has been great in the past, regularly wooping people (myself included) with whatever his favourite UR mon of the week is. With an expanded dex I'm sure he can find things that work and succeed with them. I want Atago to sit on me is more on the side of "creative" sets like CB Zeraora, which I feel dip less into creative genius and more into just bad. However, as long as manager Sunrose keeps a leash on those tendencies, he should perform well. EternalSnowman is also a decent player who should do good. deoxys speed is a relic from an era long gone, but I have recently seen him tear up a few roomtours, showing his skill is still there. This is a player I'm quite excited to see how well they can perform. Sunrose and KennyJ are doubles players, but lack any real accomplishments under their belts, although with the right teams they could pick up some wins. This team has some good players and should do well, as long as the teambuilding isn't too out there.

winning mentality: 2/5
building: 3/5
consistency: 3/5
overall: 8/15

Demantoid, eternalsnowman and the cheesen one on the same team :messi: building rate might either rise to 4, 4.5, or fall to 1 depending on how inspirated these players are. Their starting lineup should be ok for the standards of this tour and they should fight for making poffs. The biggest question to me is how motivated they will be, how seriously they'll take the tour, and what can sunrose do to help improve this.

If these power rankings were based on the number of weeb's on the lineup, I'd put West at #1 with the trio of atago, esm and maki. This team suffers from the same problem as LATAM because they don't really have a real superstar player. Demantoid and deoxys speed are both very good players though, just not particularly in gen 8. West's main strength comes from the fact that both Demantoid and Atago are always on the lookout for the next unranked mon to surprise their opponent with. And since atago supplies both ESM and maki with all their teams already, this effect is sure to spread throughout the entire team making them the most unpredictable. Sunrose and KennyJ have also been keeping up with the meta this year although not with the same crackhead teambuilding as the rest, so it should balance out a bit. Haven't seen Dunga play in ages, and haven't seen Boat and ima outside of 1v1 and OU so can't say much about those guys.

I hate this team. Demantoid is a great player who makes wild ass teams and should perform well. Deoxys Speed was a great player who made wild ass teams. Atago is a pretty good player who makes wild ass teams. Eternalsnowman is a pretty good player who makes wild ass teams. Sunrose is a decent player who makes wild ass teams. Basically this team will have wild ass teams. Ima is a great singles player which just adds to the wildcards US west have and I expect him to start as the other options aren't as good. This team could perform very well with their wild ass teams but I can also see them losing every single game, should be fun to watch.

6. US East

This team is going to be carried by human. Human can come up with some wild shit but if goth gets banned, who knows. I think stag will get banned so we'll see how it affects him in wcop since he really only uses goth teams. He's still a hella good player though. I want to give fespy the benefit of the doubt but he always shows up with monofire. I dont even know how good he is anymore because of it. I know he was a solid player before he started using meme teams but i hope he proves me wrong and can win with teams other than monofire. Animus is a good player but hes hasnt been playing dou since snake last year. That really shouldnt matter though because all he needs is a couple of days to test and build teams and he'll be okay. Kinda the same case like spurrific. The only difference between the 2 is that animus has a really bad mentality. If things arent going his way or he if gets tilted, he gives up. You should never forfeit a match unless you know there's no possible way to win. Always account for variable change. N1 hasnt been playing much ss this year. It seems like he's motivated to play again though after dlc2 dropped. He really likes using double weather teams so dont be surprised if you see him bring sun/sand on the same teams. Idk who emma plans on starting for the last 2 slots. Im assuming hashtag and the bandit but i dont know how good they are in ss.

I actually didn't know about the order between East and West, but ended up placing them like this because if West has veterans, East has MORE veterans (that I thiink don't play SS/Haven't played as much). First we have the nice user GreenGogoatttt that likes everything that moves. I always have a like from him, so I like him too. We have the stellar probuilder n1n1, the expert MonoFire user fespy and the unhuman Human. Some old but good players in Animus (formerly Mint16), Hashtag, Energy & the previously mentioned Human. The rest of players I don't really know much about them, but I think I've seen their names a lot on Dubs things so they're ok. We have an triumph card here on Bandit, who recently joined out of nowhere and made it on the team, is this the birth of a new superplayer? Idk lol we'll have to see. If this team doesn't make it to playoffs was because they didn't have the IQ to pilot masterbuilder n1n1 teams or they didn't allow fespy to bring MonoFire. (Or both)

Coast-to-coast, next is the remaining US team. This team has a number of players who have performed well in the past, but haven't done as much recently. Human is a homo sapien well versed in doubles, and despite being relegated to a supporting role in snake, should have no issues taking the pilot seat here and picking up some W's. Animus went on a hiatus around the beginning of SS, but is now back with a minty fresh outlook. I haven't seen him play, but if he's retained his skill from before he should do well. fespy has been too busy programming for college or NASA for Pokemon recently, but should be able to pick it back up easily enough, as long as someone provides him with teams other than mono fire and triple turtle. Hashtag is an older player who could do alright. The newly christened Emma is a great user, but not as good a player. SingleThunder and n1n1 are okay players, while The_Bandit has recently made a bit of a name for themself, but are still relatively unproven. PinkSylvie plays VGC but IDK how well and I've never seen her play DOU, while I don't know who energy is TBH. This team has a lot of fairly medicore players, without any real standouts, and I see more potential to underperform than overperform.

winning mentality: 2.5/5
consistency: 2.5/5
overall: 7.5/15

There are a lot of questions surrounding this team. Former gamer mint16 returns to the dou scene, has he played any ss game tho? how much activity issues might penalize this team? who are they going to rely to build teams? They have some people who can build their own teams but they aren't known for being the best builders. Anyways mint, human and pinksylvie should be the best players on this team but none of of them are currently pretty active on dou afaik. This team could be either a solid poffs contender or fall to the last place.

Led by the goat himself, East seems to have some threats but still suffers from a lack of a dominant current gen player. GreenGogoat is a good user and also a pretty good player who has been around for a while so he should be a solid backbone for the team. Human, Animus and Hashtag were also notable back in their day, with Human still being a pick for Snake this year. The_Bandit (actuarily) is a recently discovered ladder hero and he makes a new team approximately every 5 minutes which is pretty terrifying. Paired with the monofire god Fespy, we can expect some unusual builds. n1n1 is n1n1.

This teams biggest problem is their lack of a really good player. Human is their best player and while he can perform well his results as of recent haven't been too great and he might be more focused with VGC. Fespy can be a great player who I think is underrated and can actually perform quite well, but there's also a high chance he just brings memey teams that don't perform as well. Animus was a pretty good player but he hasn't played dou in a while and I think has just been focused on VGC or hasn't been playing mons at all so he'll probably be rusty. Hashtag is a pretty good player who I've played with in DPL and if he's motivated I think is a great teammate to have that can also steal some wins. PinkSylvie is another VGC player for this team that can perform well but they'll probably be more focused on VGC. The Bandit, singlethunder, n1n1 and gogoat are all active players but they don't have any real tour results, and I don't know anything about Energy. Overall this team will need a lot of overperformances, and their vgc players to be motivated if they want a shot at winning.

7. APAC

Hmmmmmmm.... Idk man. Its the same case like Europe. I know Memoric, nidorus, and yobuddy are going to start but im not sure about the other 3. I can probably see florist starting but i haven't seen him play dou in a min. Now to talk about their starters. Memo, the peoples champ, pogarina supporter, dou classic winner, is sogood. 3-0 in his pool. Idk what kind of teams he's been building but tbh, he doesnt have to build! He can just get a team from one of his teammates and he'll still be fine. Im really looking forward to his games. They're always fun to spectate. Nidorus, solid player and is never afraid to experiment with mons that haven't been explored yet. Another players games im excited to watch. Yobuddy, i think he is okay. His teams are sometimes good but i swear he always gets a good mu whenever he plays a tour game. 98/100 times, he'll get a good mu. If he doesnt, he auto loses. Its that simple. So make sure you scout him out and counter team him.

The people's champ, Nido-Rus, YoBuddy, raf, and no one interesting might be the only players on this team who have played Doubles since SS dropped. Memoric is a really good player and user when they aren't spamming Poggarina so they'll really be relayed on to carry the team. Nido-Rus was a sub in Snake and builds some really cool stuff, they'll probably do well if they don't whip out triple galar birds or something. YoBuddy and raf are solid players as well who are up to date. I've never seen no one interesting play, but I know they're active. Past those 5 users, I am pretty skeptical of the team. Florist is good, but I don't think they've touched Pokemon for a bit. DragonWhale leads BS but I don't know if they play doubles either. This team is getting underrated a little bit, but I can't place them higher than 7th :c

Aww man, honestly I rated this team this low only because I don't know 75% of their players, but maybe they're some hidden OP players that only raf knows. Carrying with the superstar Memoric, and having YoBuddy + NidoRus in the back, I think they can just surprise everyone and take a spot on playoffs here. Raf is also a veteran but I'm not sure if he still plays. The rest unofortunately I don't know who they are ): . The only thing I know is that if this team doesn't make it to playoffs, it was probably because they never get to play a game because gmt +38479342 is hard to schedule with ):

Despite calling themselves "TEAM EUROPE 2" in the administrative thread, I'd like to make it clear that Team Europe has no official affiliation with this group of p*garina spamming heathens. Memoric is the star player of the squad, and the star likewhorer of the entire DOU community. YoBuddy and Nido-Rus are well established doubles players, and both able to build good teams, but for this lineup to do well would require them both to be constantly winning each game, which while possible is a little above their paygrade. raf and no one interesting do play DOU, but don't have much on their resumes. FloristtheBudew and DragonWhale will be shaking off some rust going into this tournament, having played long in the past, but even without the rust were never too exceptional. Maple is apparently good in Monotype so could break through following in Croven's footsteps. Don't recognise the last two members. This team has a few good players, but then sharply drops off into people who would be on the bench on better teams.

winning mentality: 2/5
consistency: 2/5
overall: 6.5/15

Main issue with this team is the lack of a solid lineup, since at least 2 of their starters are not used to play modern dou. I don't see any of their players going 3-0 unless they get a really easy pool. Building might be good depending on how motivated nido rus is or how many time he will have to build teams for other people. The success of this team might depend on how many wins a player like yobuddy, who hasn't got good records in team tours like dpl, can get, and how well players like FloristtheBudew and DragonWhale can perform.

This team relies on Memoric to carry them, and Memoric carrying them heavily depends on how motivated Memo is and how much he ends up liking the meta. Yobuddy usually has good tour results and is active but his dpl performance was not so good and it'll be interesting to see if he can turn around his team tour performances. Nido is a good player and great support who makes more wild stuff which will be perfect for the rest of the unknown APAC roster to try and get some matchup wins. After those three it's all just a bunch of unknowns really. Raf and florist are old dou players who haven't played much at all and haven't had any tour results as of late. Dragonwhale also used to play dou a long time ago, but has only played battle stadium recently I think. No one interesting is newer and doesn't have any real results but at least he's played dou recently. Lastly Frostyicelad, Maple, and 52gambit are all people who do not play doubles and are not the great singles players like the ones on team Europe and Ima on US West, so who knows how good they would be.

8. LATAM

Kiichikos is their best player by far. Akaru is the 2nd best on the team. It sucks that this team is getting ranked last but compared to the other teams, this region just fails in comparison. They have the talent but idk how well theyre going to do against the rest of the competition. I really hope for the best and hope they give the managers shit for ranking them last because i think that's going to be the case but only time will tell. Good luck team LATAM! Please prove everyone wrong. Its always dope when the underdogs exceed expectations.

I honestly really like the Kiichikos (adorable), papiloco, LLiama, zikam core. I think all these users are super active and above average players and will probably do well. Akaru Kokuyo is also a solid player overall, but I don't know how much recent doubles they've played. The 6th starter is kinda a mystery to me. Enzonana and lyd are both very nice users but I don't know how much doubles they play or have ever played. Besides the sixth starter slot, I think this team is really underrated and I hope they do well!!!

At the bottom of my list we find Latin America, a team I hope prove my ranking wrong. Kiichikos stands 1.609km ahead of the rest of the team, being a great player and currently in snake, and this team will certainly be reliant on her sharing her expertise with her teammates. Beyond this slot things get iffy quite quickly. The rest of the team has played doubles, but most have no tournament success to their name. CaesarzeppeliXD, papiloco, and sawamura have all seen some moderate success in DOU tours this year, but nothing fantastic enough to solidify them yet in my eyes. They could pick up wins, but compared to other teams' starting slots are definitely on the weaker side. Some of the other players like Akaru have played DOU in the past, and again, do have the potential to win, but it's difficult to imagine a matchup where they're the favourites. Speaking of favourites, Zikam (sawamura) is my favourite person in the world and it is no exaggeration to say I would die for him. So to conclude, here's a limerick I wrote:

There once was a lad called Zikam,
Full of humour and charm,
He's as pure as a dove,
And I give him my love,
I wish I could be his madam

building: 1/5
consistency: 2/5
overall: 7/15

Latam is by far the worst team in terms of building, we'll see if this ends up mattering with an unexplored meta like this one or not but i'm not expecting to see some flashy teams from latam. I know most of their players and they are going to try hard to qualify so the attitude is for sure going to be good, but again, like with apac, their lineup doesn't seem solid enough. They have some players that might finish easily with a 2-1 record so they should focus on not finishing 0-3 on any slot to have good chances of qualifying.

The only thing this team really lacks is players with actual tournament results besides Kiichi. Besides that, all of these players are very active and will try their hardest to win. Zikam (sawamura) has been around for a while and he may finally get to shine here with the right support and teams. I have also heard that papiloco is very motivated to do well this tour so I expect big things. This meta being similar to SM might also help a player like Kiichi who has otherwise struggled this year with the gen 8 meta. Akaru should be a good captain but I'm not sure if they're gonna have enough time to take off the crust and play well. I will not be surprised if this team manages to pull some big upsets.

On paper LATAM is probably the worst team. Kiichikos is their best player but with their only real dou results recently being a mediocre snake I don't know how well they will perform without having much support to help them. Akaru is an old dou player who hasn't played much lately but I can see doing decent as they were pretty good back then. Papiloco is pretty active but he only has mediocre tour records. LLiama and Lyd are both newer to the dou scene and have no real results in any dou tours. Zikam is a legend but is not the greatest of players and the rest of Latam are players that are more unknown. I unfortunately don't see this team going very far but who knows maybe they could surprise everyone.

-

Bonus:

1. Team mediterranean, 2. Team Europe 3. Team canada, 4. Team US East, 5. Team US West, 6. Team APAC, 7. Team latam
There's my pr

Last edited:

sawamura

Banned deucer.
At the bottom of my list we find Latin America, a team I hope prove my ranking wrong. Kiichikos stands 1.609km ahead of the rest of the team, being a great player and currently in snake, and this team will certainly be reliant on her sharing her expertise with her teammates. Beyond this slot things get iffy quite quickly. The rest of the team has played doubles, but most have no tournament success to their name. CaesarzeppeliXD, papiloco, and sawamura have all seen some moderate success in DOU tours this year, but nothing fantastic enough to solidify them yet in my eyes. They could pick up wins, but compared to other teams' starting slots are definitely on the weaker side. Some of the other players like Akaru have played DOU in the past, and again, do have the potential to win, but it's difficult to imagine a matchup where they're the favourites. Speaking of favourites, Zikam (sawamura) is my favourite person in the world and it is no exaggeration to say I would die for him. So to conclude, here's a limerick I wrote:

There once was a lad called Zikam,
Full of humour and charm,
He's as pure as a dove,
And I give him my love,
I wish I could be his madam
I appreciate your support, sir Yoda2798

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)