DP Lucario

Alright. I added a mention of HP Ice on physical sets to the current other options section (reason being that there's already 3 options on the last slot and it has a pretty specific use). I also tried to explain what Extremespeed and Bullet Punch allow you to KO a bit better. I'll see if I can work some of the other calculations in, though I've already got a regular damage calcs section.

Unless anyone has objections I don't see a problem with removing the bulky dancer set.

Agree with the changes, most Shoddy Lucarios are a pure offensive SD variant, not BulkyDancer, which I think is inferior compared to the sheer power of a pure offensive set. Good change.

Oops. I meant to bump this awhile ago - I added a paragraph to the EV's section giving a slightly bigger explanation and mentioning the EV's for the Bulkydancer set.

If nobody has any objections I'll submit the changes to the scms soon.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This looks deadly indeed. I think my one question is other than stating the obvious, what was the Bulky Dancer EVs for? I know the HP made sense, but that much Special Defense? Why not invest into Defense instead? Unless I'm missing something seriously important.

Speed was for Tyranitar, though I sort of knew that. If you're using Stone Edge (on the Bulky Dancer) he could've pushed more EVs to outspeed BulkyGyara. But obviously that's besides the point since there's a request of removing the Bulky Dancer anyways.

"Unlike the bulkier Swords Dance set Lucario can run"

This opening line is odd-sounding now that the Bulky Dancer set is removed. Probably should omit this line.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This is minor and will rarely happen, but as a sweeper, Lucario would benefit more from the potential Speed boost that Steadfast gives than just avoiding flinches altogether, since Lucario will basically outspeed any flincher after the boost.

This looks deadly indeed. I think my one question is other than stating the obvious, what was the Bulky Dancer EVs for? I know the HP made sense, but that much Special Defense? Why not invest into Defense instead? Unless I'm missing something seriously important.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure exactly what the bulky dancer EV's are for. I know a few people have said they've liked the Bulky Dancer though, so I wanted to keep the EV's somewhere.

This opening line is odd-sounding now that the Bulky Dancer set is removed. Probably should omit this line.
Good point, I'll change that.

This is minor and will rarely happen, but as a sweeper, Lucario would benefit more from the potential Speed boost that Steadfast gives than just avoiding flinches altogether, since Lucario will basically outspeed any flincher after the boost.
Well...one instance where that wouldn't work is against Yanmega (speed boost, you won't outspeed him so getting off one free hit is more valuable). It's also less useful against flinch-hax Togekiss, since if you're paralyzed speed boosts are obviously useless. Steadfast would be better in most other situations (like against a Gyarados w/ Waterfall), but I can't think of many other pokemon that rely on Flinch offhand. Overall, it might just be better to not suggest abilities, as both have advantages and disadvantages. Maybe I should add that to other options, too...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Note that I don't take credit for creating this set (it's existed for awhile now). I'm not entirely sure who did, though.
I'll take credit for that.

Anyway...

this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

thread should be deleted it served its purpose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)