move 2: Entrainment
move 3: Octolock / Dragon Dance
move 4: Taunt / Substitute / Fishious Rend
item: Ghost Memory
ability: Normalize
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This Dragapult set is effective at disrupting momentum due to how limited counterplay is versus it thanks to its blistering speed, allowing it to outspeed almost every unboosted Pokemon in the metagame. Entrainment is the crux of the set. Entrainment can allow Dragapult to wall the opponent completely while allowing it to rack up damage through Multi-Attack which remains Ghost-type even through Normalize. Combined with Octolock, Dragapult can trap and KO the opponent due to their defenses lowering every turn, while the opponent is unable to do anything back. Additionally, Octolock can help Dragapult gain momentum for its team as if it needs to switch out, it can secure a drop to the opponent's defenses beforehand if used on the switch.

Pokemon that can switch into and remove Refrigerate users and Dark-types such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-Crowned can be incredibly helpful as they threaten Dragapult quite heavily. Eternatus can be useful due to its stellar defensive stats and typing, which allows it to switch in on a majority of the defensive Pokemon in the metagame such as Melmetal and Rhydon, remove Toxic Spikes, and provide slow pivoting back into Dragapult. Pokemon that can switch into Zacian-Crowned and Darmanitan-Zen-Galar such as Seismitoad and Toxapex can be incredibly useful due to those two threats either outspeeding Dragapult or threatening to Dynamax and KO it.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[GL Volkner, 330455]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
ok, before we can properly qc check this the first paragraph needs to be rewritten entirely. the point of the paragraph is to explain (to a player with minimal metagame experience/knowledge) what the set does, why you would want to run it, and why the specific moves/item/ability/nature/spread have been chosen. talk about stuff that might seem obvious to you: how it uses normalise + entrainment to shut down slower mons without magic bounce and set up or kill them with octolock, how multi-attack is still ghost-type when you have normalise, etc.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just to clarify before I write it - I should talk about what exactly Dragapult disrupts, how it still has STAB even with Normalize bc of Multi Attack + Ghost Memery, and what Octolock does for the set? I'm not 100% sure how to honor what you've asked, I can't really think of what a new player would want to know haha

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Octolock is banned, you will need to remove it as the primary option from move slot 3.

I would suggest what Normalize disrupts: Defensive pivots-
Poison Heal, Regenerator, Fur Coat, and Prankster/Unaware users, so this way you can trap or force out Defensive checks that would normally stay in against most Mixed/physical options.

I would slash Anchor Shot with Dragon Dance, as Dragon Dance can be difficult to set up if you cannot trap (I.e. they switch to a Normal-type).
**Speaking of, why not list Normal-types who are immune to Multi-Attack? Since you listed Dark-types as checks, Normal-type Pokemon like non-PH Snorlax, etc. walls it.**

Maybe listing a Fighting-type like Zamazenta-Crowned, as a suggested teammate, could help since it resists Ice, Dark, and Normal, while it’s STAB is super effective against those 3 types which can threaten Dragapult. It’s also durable enough to come in and take those hits like Boomburst, while it’s Speed is still high enough to outspeed them. It also synergises well because Dragapult handles the Ghosts with Entrainment, like Aegislash and Doublade, which resist Zamazenta-Crowned’s STAB, so it’s a mutually beneficial teammate.
:dragapult: :ss/dragapult: :dragapult:

[SET]
name: Normalize
move 1: Multi-Attack
move 2: Entrainment
move 3: Octolock / Dragon Dance
move 4: Taunt / Substitute / Fishious Rend
item: Ghost Memory
ability: Normalize
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This Dragapult set is effective at disrupting momentum due to how limited counterplay is versus it thanks to its blistering speed, allowing it to outspeed almost every unboosted Pokemon in the metagame. Entrainment is the crux of the set. Entrainment can allow Dragapult to wall the opponent completely while allowing it to rack up damage through Multi-Attack which remains Ghost-type even through Normalize. Combined with Octolock, Dragapult can trap and KO the opponent due to their defenses lowering every turn, while the opponent is unable to do anything back. Additionally, Octolock can help Dragapult gain momentum for its team as if it needs to switch out, it can secure a drop to the opponent's defenses beforehand if used on the switch.

Pokemon that can switch into and remove Refrigerate users and Dark-types such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-Crowned can be incredibly helpful as they threaten Dragapult quite heavily. Eternatus can be useful due to its stellar defensive stats and typing, which allows it to switch in on a majority of the defensive Pokemon in the metagame such as Melmetal and Rhydon, remove Toxic Spikes, and provide slow pivoting back into Dragapult. Pokemon that can switch into Zacian-Crowned and Darmanitan-Zen-Galar such as Seismitoad and Toxapex can be incredibly useful due to those two threats either outspeeding Dragapult or threatening to Dynamax and KO it.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[GL Volkner, 330455]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)