Drizzle Trios- OU RMT

"I'm every stereotype, I just do it best" ~ Anon.

A fairly standard drizzle team that works in groups of 3.
It has been fairly successful so far, and losses mostly come from my own lack of prediction or overprediction or simply bad luck.

At a Glance:

Group A-Drizzle & Rain Sweepers

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect

The standard rain inducer. I chose this set for a few major reasons. Firstly, I needed a reasonably bulky, reliable pokemon, which may have to take a few hits. This comes in handy, especially when the other team is running a Sand Stream or a Drought pokemon. Secondly, it works as a reasonably good phazer. Switching in to a sweeper which has bulked up a little bit, and then forcing it to stop its rampage through Perish Song and Protect, has saved me multiple times. I chose Scald over Hydro-Pump for consistency, as in the rain, it still 2HKO's almost anything apart from SpDEF walls/Resistant types. Finally it can be used as a Sleep/Status-Taker/Sacrifice, if the opponent isn't running any contrasting weather inducers.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a nice pokemon to predict with. If either Gyarados or Politoed (or Starmie) is threatened with an electric type, Jolteon can switch in, and Volt Switch out as a scout, giving you the upper hand. It makes use of a massively powerful 100% Acc STAB Thunder as sweeper using Choice Specs, but if predicting a Gliscor switch, Hidden Power Ice will always 1HKO it without a Focus Sash. Hidden Power Ice is also useful for Landorus as well as Grass Pokemon in Sunny Day teams. Running Scarf still allows it to effectively do most things, but will also be able to 1HKO and outrun a Moxie-Scarfed Salamence, which can wreak havoc to many teams.

Gyarados @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang

The main rain sweeper/avenger of the team, not much has to be said about it. It is one of the less used teams, and can surprise people with the extra speed. Waterfall is the standard move. Earthquake is for the pokemon such as Tentacruel and Toxicroak, and Ice Fang for Salamences and other dragons, etc.

Note: When at +1, Waterfall is a guaranteed 1HKO on Blissey, and at +0, a 2HKO for Chansey.

Group B- Defensive Core & Utility

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder

One of the most useful pokemon on any team, and works excellently as a Rapid Spinner on this rain team. This ensures a bulkier Dragonite with Multiscale, and a very effective avenger in Gyarados. Thunder and Surf take out most threats with ease, and will 2HKO Tyranitar/Ninetails Switch-ins (unless they are specially bulky). It works well as a switch in to resist any fighting/fire attacks made on Ferrothorn. Psychic is not usually run on a Starmie, but is incredibly useful on Breloom and Toxicroak. A 100% HP Starmie will always be able to tank a +0 Sucker Punch from Toxicroak, allowing for an easy 1HKO.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

As stated before, part of the defensive core. Will hurt any physical attacker, and if the attacker is running a fighting move, can be walled by either Starmie or Multiscale Dragonite. Is very effective against Scizor, especially if it is Choiced, but with a reasonable ability to predict, can demolish it. Gyro ball allows it to take out threats such as Tyranitar and Thunder Wave spam can leave the opponent's team heavily crippled.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Hurricane
- Waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thunder
The bulky mixed-attacker, the all-round useful pokemon. With 100% accuracy STAB Hurricane, it can rip through many teams that don't run many Steel types. It will even 2HKO a Stealth Rock Damaged Scizor. The Leftovers may be switched out for a Lum Berry, if preferred, but helps it to maintain bulk through its Multiscale. Sadly Superpower can't be run on it with multiscale :(.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)