XY OU Duo Sandstorm, The Koa'ki Leaders

Sup guys! cellgoondude here with his favorite weather, sand! I haven't made a RMT in so long since I got pretty good in making my own teams, but I might as well see how well this team would work since I wasn't a really big fan of weather in the first place. I was mostly Anti-Meta Weather in Gen V, so I'm not a big fan or expert on weather. In particular, my favorite thing about sand which made me not hate it as much is that there were two setters and neither was a hidden ability.
Just before we start an overview on the current immunities and weaknesses(no resistances because, let's be honest that's not as important in fixing... and I'm lazy):
Weakness: x2 Rock 1, x4 Fighting 1, x2 Fighting 2, x2 Water 4, x4 Ice 1, x2 Ice 1, x2 Grass 1, x2 Poison 1, x2 Steel 1, x2 Ground 2, x4 Fire 1, x2 Fire 1
Immunities: Poison 2, Electric 3, Ground 1, Dragon 1, Psychic 1

Importable
Code:
Pow Block (Hippowdon) (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

Crush (Tyranitar) (F) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Drille (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Fable II (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Durian (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Latier (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
Koa'ki Guardian

Pow Block (Hippowdon) (F) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

Alright let's talk about the hippo. She's the setter of the almighty rocks, 8 turn weather, Physical Tank with a little SpD mixed in so she won't die too fast. My main opinion on her is that she can live against most physical attackers while she better resist the special attackers. SR is basically always her starting move. EQ is her stab killer. Ice Fang is for killing those pesky flyers. Slack Off is for healing and is even MORE important without her lefties.
Optional Moves: Whirlwind, Toxic, Stone Edge

Koa'ki Crusader

Crush (Tyranitar) (F) @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

The Tyrant of the Sand is here. She's the other weather inducer, however she has a complete different way of playing. Of course, she's my sweeper, using DD and sweeping with her nice coverage of moves. My main opinion is basically as long there isn't any prio fighting moves on their side, Ttar can basically CRUSH their whole team. DD is the move you start with if you can survive to start your unstoppable sweep. EQ kills Steel and Rock and it's very reliable more so than Rock Slide to kill Fire. Rock Slide is for STAB killing Flying and Bug and it can flinch. Crunch is a last resort and destroys Psychic and Ghost.
Optional: Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Superpower

Koa'ki Sandman

Drille (Excadrill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Oh the great sweeper Excadrill, our great and only Ace. Due to the fact, I don't want to use Stoutland and Sandslash, so this is VERY important. Excadrill has the ability to DESTROY teams with sand up with Swords Dance and Sand Rush with the Speed and Power to back it up. EQ kills Rock, Fire, Steel, while Rock Slide destroys the Flying and Bug Pokemon and Flinchax. The Iron Head also has Flinchax to destroy fairies. Rapid Spin allows Excadrill to remove hazards from the other side.
Optional: Stone Edge, Drill Run, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Air Balloon (Item)(Needs Swords Dance), Leftovers(Item)

Koa'ki Doom

Fable II (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

The Fable of Fairies have been OPENED! This little fairy won't be hurt from the sand due to Magic Guard and will also protect from LO recoil. This also prevents her from caring about burns or poison or actually she wants it. She is allowed to set up in the sand with no negative side effects and if allowed she will wreck anyone with a gigantic defensive and offensive power. Moonblast and Fire Blast together make a combination to kill just about anything, but Fire. Calm Mind allows her to become a offensive beast and get specially defensive so she's just a tank as well. Soft-Boiled allows her to heal off any damage that she takes.
Optional: Wish, Unaware(Ability), Leftovers(Item)

Koa'ki Wall

Durian (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

The Fruit of Hell, the one you must kick to a basket across water, THE MIGHTY DURIAN. This is actually one of my signature pokemon, a Ferrothorn with the most annoying things in the world. The Spikes to be another entry hazard. Leech Seed is the healing of yourself and taking of your enemies HP at the same time, so it's crucial to tanking. Toxic makes sweepers slower, always helps immensely to kill Pokemon. Gyro Ball is so you aren't taunt bait and can actually kill Pokemon like Gardevoir.
Optional: Toxic, Protect, Power Whip, Knock Off, Rocky Helmet(Item)

Koa'ki Meiru Drago

Latier (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
The Dragon of Souls, collector of dews, it's Latias! Latias is our dragon to check other things that my regular pokemon cant check such as Ttar, Bisharp if they Swords Dance, etc. It is also our only sweeper who doesn't need a setup at all. Psyshock is our main move destroying Special Walls by attacking their physical defense. Draco Meteor is our final ditch effort of a kill. HP Fighting destroys those Quad Weak types that THINK they check my Latias. Recover allows me to recover all the sand damage and LO recoil that Latias takes and can stall some Pokemon this way.
Optional: Earthquake(If turned into Latios), Surf, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, Leftovers(Item)

Pokemon Hall of Fame
Code:
Koa'ki Bergzak
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/070/e/d/landorus_by_yilx-d3bg25o.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=#b3b300]Tyral (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Lord of the Sands, Hail Tyral! Our only sweeper who doesn't need any setting up at all. He is the powerhouse who can kill just about everything. Sheer Force LO is powerful by the power of LO and Sheer Force together with no negative effects and also not taking LO damage. Earth Power is his STAB move that kills many Pokemon. Sludge Wave can kill the Grass and Fairy types easily. Psychic is just another coverage move to just kill anything that resists the first two. HP Ice is the only one who doesn't work with Sheer Force LO due to it not having a secondary ability. It destroys Flying types, mirror matches, and Quad Weak Dragons. It helps, but remember that it doesn't get the Sheer Force Effect so...
Earth Power = 90 x 1.5(STAB) x 1.3(LO) x 1.3(Sheer Force) = 228.15 = 228 Base Power
Sludge Wave = 95 x 1.3(LO) x 1.3(Sheer Force) = 160.55 = 160 Base Power
Psychic = 95 x 1.3(LO) x 1.3(Sheer Force) = 152.1 = 152 Base Power
Hidden Power [Ice] = 60 x 1.3(LO) = 78 Base Power
Sludge Wave and Psychic can just do Super Effective attacks to overpower Earth Power if it was regular, however HP Ice needs a Quad Effective on it's normal. It can overpower Psychic, but not Sludge Wave however, so think carefully of its power when you use HP Ice.
Optional: None
Pokemon to think about:
Mandibuzz: The reason I don't use her is because I don't need ANOTHER physical tank and Defog makes my hazards go away so I'm sad :I
Donphan: Rapid Spin. That's the only reason I would even think about him.
Landorus-T: The alternative to our Landorus, but we need Special Attackers so not likely.

Kay thanks everyone! I just wanted to see how good I could make a Sand team in this generation before ORAS and bringing Generation V Sand Nostalgia back.

Last edited:
Hey, here with a few suggestions that should make this team better. The first would be to replace Landorus with Latias. Latias adds a Ground immunity and a bunch of resistances (Water, Grass, Fighting, and Fire). Latias can also pass a Healing Wish to M-Ttar or Excadrill should they need a status ailment healed and their health fully replenished. It has Hidden Power Fighting in order to 2HKO Ttar and OHKO Bisharp. Landorus and Excadrill cover the same threats so having them both is a little redundant. You should also use Rapid Spin over Swords Dance on Excadrill, it's an above average spinner because of its ability to clear rocks on almost anything while sand is up. You'll also be hard pressed to find an opportunity to get a Swords Dance boost because of Excadrills weakness to priority (Aqua Jet, Mach Punch). You should also use an Air Balloon on Excadrill to allow it to challenge ground types who are its biggest checks. Hippowdon needs full investment in HP and Def to be able to check physical mon's in OU. It also has poor special defense that needs heavy investment in order to make a difference in damage calculations. You should just use the common 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD spread, this way it can better check M-Char X, Bisharp, etc. Stone Edge on Ttar takes care of Psychic types so there's no need to run it. Using Fire Punch or Ice Punch over it offers much better coverage. With Fire Punch M-Ttar can beat Scizor and Ferrothorn (and more) and with Ice Punch it can beat Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp (and more). That's pretty much it, good luck with the team.
Latias (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover / Defog

Thank you very much! I will try(and probably add it) it and the thing is I really did want that Excadrill spinner but I was scared xD

Loving them yugioh references! Quick suggestion, what stops a talonflame setting up on your hippo, run rock slide > Ice fang imo. Obvs talonflame will have a hard time against your team anyway but just a thought. Also LO elemental greninja with hp fire, grass knot, ice beam, hydro sweeps your team. So i'd go with Tele's clefair set (same moves) with more sdef investment, i think it's 88+ sdef? probably calc it though. On that note, t wave > toxic as fast sweepers hurt your team a lot. Theres probably more but hope it helps!

If you are going to use rapid spin on excadrill (even if i think it's better defog on latias) @ life orb with adamant nature is better.
In you are going to run swords dance air baloon is the best choice to have a ground immunity.

Loving them yugioh references! Quick suggestion, what stops a talonflame setting up on your hippo, run rock slide > Ice fang imo. Obvs talonflame will have a hard time against your team anyway but just a thought. Also LO elemental greninja with hp fire, grass knot, ice beam, hydro sweeps your team. So i'd go with Tele's clefair set (same moves) with more sdef investment, i think it's 88+ sdef? probably calc it though. On that note, t wave > toxic as fast sweepers hurt your team a lot. Theres probably more but hope it helps!
Well with that logic, dont dragons have an easier time setting up? (Salamence for example cannot be killed be Rock Slide)
Also, I dont really need to stop fast sweepers since I switched to Toxic so long ago, but I guess I can, since a Latios Excadrill, and DD Ttar isnt enough xD

If you are going to use rapid spin on excadrill (even if i think it's better defog on latias) @ life orb with adamant nature is better.
In you are going to run swords dance air baloon is the best choice to have a ground immunity.
I'd probably run defog on latias but first of all I have SR so thats a problem
Second, I kinda need recover for the sandstorm damage.

Edit:
Hey, here with a few suggestions that should make this team better. The first would be to replace Landorus with Latias. Latias adds a Ground immunity and a bunch of resistances (Water, Grass, Fighting, and Fire). Latias can also pass a Healing Wish to M-Ttar or Excadrill should they need a status ailment healed and their health fully replenished. It has Hidden Power Fighting in order to 2HKO Ttar and OHKO Bisharp. Landorus and Excadrill cover the same threats so having them both is a little redundant. You should also use Rapid Spin over Swords Dance on Excadrill, it's an above average spinner because of its ability to clear rocks on almost anything while sand is up. You'll also be hard pressed to find an opportunity to get a Swords Dance boost because of Excadrills weakness to priority (Aqua Jet, Mach Punch). You should also use an Air Balloon on Excadrill to allow it to challenge ground types who are its biggest checks. Hippowdon needs full investment in HP and Def to be able to check physical mon's in OU. It also has poor special defense that needs heavy investment in order to make a difference in damage calculations. You should just use the common 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD spread, this way it can better check M-Char X, Bisharp, etc. Stone Edge on Ttar takes care of Psychic types so there's no need to run it. Using Fire Punch or Ice Punch over it offers much better coverage. With Fire Punch M-Ttar can beat Scizor and Ferrothorn (and more) and with Ice Punch it can beat Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp (and more). That's pretty much it, good luck with the team.
Latias (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover / Defog
Waiiit I just realized something, That Latias is a male xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)