XY Doubles Duubs Fuun! (#1 peak)

So before I begin I'd like to say that duubs is doubles uu for anyone who clicked this not knowing that. This team has been quite rewarding to me and has peaked #1 on ladder with highest GXE but before i go into the team here are some things it needs help with:

This team definently has some trouble with rain, but not major problems due to raikou and the lack of power on rain teams after mega blastoise is taken care of. As you can see it does not take kindly to water or water attacks in general.

Other tailwind teams sometimes pose a problem for this team if i allow them to set up, but usually with the raw power I have I can quickly overcome them. One semi dangerous poke is mega pinsir who takes out medicham and does hefty damage to everyone else.

Now this is where i have a problem. Even thought tornadus has priority taunt fake out and mental herb cancel that out and once my team is under trick room, the slower, bulky, powerful tr sweepers decimate them. This is a frail team to begin with and it relies on its ability to predict well and outspeed, so trick room is definently a problem.

Tornadus

Tornadus (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Taunt
- Protect

This guy is my main setter and supporter, with the combination of priority taunt and tailwind, he's pretty dangerous to play against. Air slash gives him offensive presence with a not to bad 30% chance to flinch. Taunt is for shutting down trick room, other tailwind mons, and support mons in general. Tailwind is pretty self explanatory and is a good pick with priority prankster. Protect is just a staple in any doubles and focus sash is for living after setting up tailwind/taunt and having options afterwards. He is usually part of my lead group along with medicham or landorus. Once tailwind is set up I can switch him out and bring him back to set up again mid-game for a sweep.

Landorus

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Landorus is probably the best attacker on this team when it comes to coverage and raw damage. He has an amazing base 101 speed stat to outpeed any base 100's that come its way (mega medicam) and then oneshots quite a few unsuspecting pokes (speedy mega medicham). The life orb chip damage is negated by sheer force so he has quite a bit of power behind his attacks. Psychic and sludge bomb make for great all around coverage and earth power is the go to move when facing anything to the sheer power of it. Protect helps out play those pesky ice types and weaken them to the point where landorus can take them out.

Arcanine

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Protect

So now we have our fire type support and just plain power. Intimidate is a great thing to have especially because of how frail my team is. His flare blitz is greatly appreciated by this team when it takes out key threats, especially boosted by life orb. Extremespeed is great priority, but i had no idea how hard it would hit until now! E-speed from this arcanine does 70% to some of the weaker mons in this tier! Close combat is useful to take out dark/steel/normal and for other fire types. When playing against sun teams this thing really shines with its ability to one shot everything not resisted with a sun boosted flare blitz. He does have longevity issues though, with defense drops from CC, recoil form flare blitz, and chip damage from LO.

Medicham

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

So now we the premier member of this team... SUNKERN Mega Medicham! Fighting is an amazing typing in doubles uu and this medicham certainly shows it. Although taken down by certain teams cough*kyle*cough this is quite the poke to have around. I made it 252 hp instead of normal speedy because of drain punch recovery and it really wasnt going to outspeed anything relevant. Ice punch takes down those oh so common flying types, but is hard to utilize correctly due to the fact that they'll probably OHKO you before you hit them. Drain punch gives you great recover and zen headbutt for stab. Zen is an interchangeable move and i've been thinking of changing it to protect or bullet punch. I think fake out and its uses are pretty obvious. With pure power he hits pretty hard with fake outs.

Raikou

Raikou @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory
- Protect
This guy is basically here to patch up the weaknesses of the team. Mega blastoise was hurting me quite a bit so i figured I'd add electric. He survives a water spout then renders it useless by putting damage on him. Thunderbolt is main damage dealer and STAB. Hidden power ice takes out landorus's and other ice weak pokes. Extrasensory for poison, fighting, and damage on pokes he can't hit with the other two attacks. Scarf variants also work on him. Sash was what won me over because he can survive a hit from the threat then smash it back or take out its partner.

Staraptor

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat
This guy is amazing in the duubs meta. He actually one shots most of the tier with double edge/brave bird and is basically unresisted. His intimidate and u-turn makes him a great scout, almost as a pseudo landorus-t (not as good). He has adament because he is basically outspeeding everything relevant while equipped with the choice scarf. His CC is a great coverage move that destroys unsuspecting pokes. Brave bird decimates anything in its way and if sonething resists it then doubles edge finishes the job. Raichu and raikou are two big problems, especially if sashed.

So there you have it! Suggestions are welcome as i am by no means the best at this tier and could always use help on my teams. I'd also like to thank kyle for motivating me to beat him by taunting the PS room chat, and roxer for consistently beating down this team ^_^.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)