Monotype ELEKTRONS (Sticky Webs Sort of Volt-Turn Mono-Electric Offense)(Still Climbing)

Which Rotom Form is the Best

• Rotom

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Rotom-Wash

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Rotom-Heat

• Rotom-Mow

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Rotom-Frost

• Rotom-Fan

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
ELEKTRONS
(Sticky Webs Sort of Volt-Turn Electric Offense)

:sv/galvantula::sv/iron-hands::sv/rotom-wash::sv/regieleki::sv/magnezone::sv/zapdos:/:sv/thundurus-therian:

INTRO

After two Monotype RMTS (my Poison and Ground ones) with major flaws (and stuff I overlooked), I decided that I would make a team that would fit my play style as well as include my Favorite Pokemon, Rotom (hence my name). I also wanted to build a team that would be good enough for a new Monotype Player to climb the ladder while learning the tier, so I collabed? with trainer_j0nathan (who knew nothing about the tier) and with the team I put together, we (on separate accounts) attempted to get a decent ELO(trainer_j0nathan stopped at 1250)on the ladder(I'm still climbing haven't had much time). We used two versions of the team, me using Specs :zapdos: and trainer_j0nathan using Specs :thundurus-therian:. So here is the team!!!

Note: Do NOT mind my GXE. Most of the battles I lost was because the stupid Proxy I was laying showdown on was absolute dogwater. trainer_j0nathan can verify it. If anybody says that it's a skill issue I will be really mad.

@DaRotomMachine’s account
I'm still climbing will put this section later.
@trainer_j0nathan’s account
View attachment 607230

:galvantula:
The only Sticky Web user on Electric is :galvantula:, so I started with that.

:galvantula::iron-hands:
:iron-hands: is almost Mandatory on any Electric Team, and with Sticky Webs its poor Speed gets patched up a little bit.

:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash:
:rotom-wash: is again my favorite pokemon, and it is a safe ground switch-in due to Levitate.

:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki:
I added :regieleki: for hazard control as well as a member in the team’s sort of Volt-Turn core.

:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki::magnezone:
:choice-scarf::magnezone: is here for a reason, see down below, but is a massive part of the team and it contributes a lot to the team.

:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki::magnezone::zapdos:
:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki::magnezone::thundurus-therian:
We split up and played with Specs :Zapdos: and :thundurus-therian:, as both of them share the same role to the team but I wanted to see if there was any difference between them.

THE TEAM

:sv/galvantula:
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Energy Ball

:galvantula: is the only web setter on Electric and thus is mandatory on this team. :focus-sash: guarantees it gets webs up and Compound Eyes helps Thunder Wave hit, which is crucial when the opposing team leads :flutter-mane: or :iron-valiant: or :chien-pao:, which can further help my team along with Webs. Volt-Switch gives :galvantula: a STAB pivoting move and Energy Ball is for ground types. This set is a standard Max SpA and Max Spe set with a Timid Nature to set up Webs.

:sv/iron-hands:
Iron Hands @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

:iron-hands: is probably the best pokemon on Electric, and with the help of Sticky Webs it patches up it's most greatest weakness: its 50 Spe stat. It runs a standard Adamant SD + BoltBeam Set with Drain Punch as STAB. Its EV Spread makes it outspeed :corviknight: and :ting-lu: without Webs. Leftovers is for passive recovery and helps when :iron-hands: is setting up Swords Dance.

:sv/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 48 Def / 248 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stored Power
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

My favorite Pokemon with one of the most broken sets I have seen in my life.
This mom makes :clodsire: and :quagsire: a Set-up fodder, as it takes two poison jabs to break a sub and Quag can’t even hit it, by then it would be DEAD.
Sub+NP allows it to set up on passive Pokemon and Stored Power is for Clod as well as other things that can take a Hydro Pump (even tho a lot of pokemon can’t). The EV spread outspeeds :gholdengo: and :kleavor:, the latter presumably without :choice-scarf: while being bulky and able to keep Sub up after a :clodsire: Poison Jab. Leftovers are more passive recovery and a way to recover health as those Subs can start taking a lot of health for :rotom-wash:.

:sv/regieleki:
Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder Wave

The Spinner of the team, :regieleki: utilizes :heavy-duty-boots: and Rapid Spin to spin the hazards away and Thunder Wave helps cripple mons that rely on their speed to be a threat. TBolt is its main way of STAB damage and Volt Switch helps it pivot out while doing some damage. Max SpA and Max Spe increases its Damage Output and its speed. It's a good lead to start out with so you can switch out with Volt Switch.

:sv/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tri Attack
- Volt Switch

I got this set from boomp shoutout to him and man this set is fun.
This is :choice-scarf::magnezone:, a set that outspeeds :flutter-mane: and :chien-pao:(and beats them) under webs (even with a Speed Boosting Nature!!) and traps :klefki:(and beats it as well while wasting screen turns), as well as Barraskewda without rain(again, beats it as well). The moves are fairly Standard, with STABs and Volt Switch along with Tri Attack as a filler. Max Spe and SpA are standard on a Special :choice-scarf:.

Now the Last Slot is between 2 choices as a Specs user:

:sv/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

:choice-specs: :thundurus-therian: is a powerful :choice-specs: user who can outspeed and kill a lot of mons under Webs with Specs-boosted Attacks. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch and main STABS, while Focus Blast and Grass Knot are for coverage. The spread is the standard 252 SpA and 252 Spe, with Timid Nature.

:sv/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

:zapdos: does the same thing, but this mon carries Flying STAB (tho has 70% accuracy) and Heat Wave. There’s really not Much to say here, but because there has to be 3 sentences I will just say this. You can use any one of them and results will probably be the same.

SOME OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT

:chien-pao: This cat is really annoying, if it's running a focus sash set it can sweep my team if you don’t play properly. Get Sticky Webs up and get :regieleki: to pivot out while doing damage, and switch to :magnezone: It will outspeed and kill with Flash Cannon under Webs, just make sure not to switch into a Sacred Sword. Also be careful at how much HP :regieleki: has. It will Sucker Punch, and you lose a crucial member of the team. If it's not then just switch :iron-hands: in and Drain Punch it.

:great-tusk: If you lose :rotom-wash: then you’re basically screwed. If not, Hydro Pump immediately.

I probably will update this section later.

:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki::magnezone::zapdos:
:galvantula::iron-hands::rotom-wash::regieleki::magnezone::thundurus:

Closing Thoughts

Feedback would be appreciated, as while building this team I couldn’t figure out how to put Sandy Shocks (hazard support) on this team while having all the basics of the team in it, and it would help the Sash Chien-Pao match-up.

I do want to shout out to my friend Batmason09 by "kindly" encouraging me while watching me play Showdown on the terrible proxy I was using while saying “skill issue” right next to me. Also shoutout to boomp for the :magnezone: set.

I will be going into my Appliances now, bye bye.

RO-TO-TO-TO-TO-TOOOOOOOOOOO....

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey you've got yourself a pretty solid looking Electric team, there are a few things I'd like to suggest for changes but overall you did pretty good.

:sv/Galvantula: :Focus Sash:
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch Thunder
- Thunder Wave Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Galvantula wants to be immediately threatening on the first turn it's brought in so having three coverage options is important. Thunder in the first place is just invaluable due to Compound Eyes and its really good base power. Bug Buzz allows you to hit Pokemon like Ting-Lu, Hydreigon, Latios, etc. and takes advantage of Substitute setters. You'll have many teammates that can use Volt Switch effectively and Thunder Wave isn't all that useful when you have Sticky Web.

:sv/Magnezone: :Choice Scarf:
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tri Attack

- Volt Switch

:sv/Raging-Bolt: :Shuca Berry:
Raging Bolt @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderclap
- Calm MInd

This team doesn't need a Choice Scarf user due to Sticky Web and Regieleki; Magnezone is also really bad at it without Steel Beam. Raging Bolt on the other hand is probably the most appreciative of Sticky Web on Electric because of its middling Speed tier but also insane breaking power.

---

Some other small comments would be that Iron Hands would really appreciate Punching Glove as its held item and Zapdos is better off with Volt Switch over U-turn. You could replace Regieleki with Sandy Shocks for a full on hazard stack and change Zapdos to a SubRoost set but that's more preference based. Overall Thundurus-T is worse than Zapdos due to Hurricane being vital for a lot of opponents but you could potentially use a Nasty Plot set effectively. Chien-Pao shouldn't be too much of an issue with Iron Hands and Galvantula but you can look at Choice Scarf Pawmot in the future. Great Tusk really doesn't like staying in on Rotom-W or Zapdos, you also have Galvantula and Raging Bolt in the back if Sticky Web is up.

Revised PokePaste

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Meowdy, Giyu has given opinion on this team and well, more options would be great too if you want.

So, on the threatlist you mentioned at first....
:chien-pao: This cat is really annoying
The issue with Chien-Pao is that this cat is running Heavy-Duty Boots half the time, making it very possible that Magnezone is not outspeeding it. Because of this, your only hope in outoffensing it is Regieleki, which is fine until you realize Chien-Pao's team mates are usually Ting-Lu or Mamoswine...which can be troubling in the long run. Because of this, if you want to have a scarfer I'd suggest using Pawmot instead.
:pawmot:
Pawmot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Revival Blessing / Seed Bomb
- Supercell Slam
Pawmot offers two things for you. First, it provides you a way to outspeed threats like Chien-Pao with HDB, Landorus (which no one natively outspeeds and decently damages), and Choice Scarf Fluttermane (Supercell Slam almost always OHKOs), and it offers Revival Blessing which lets you get your setupper in Rotom-W or Iron Hands up again, potentially winning the game from there.

Speaking of Speed, I was also wondering if you would reconsider Regieleki's role in your team, as he does offer speed and entry hazard removal, but since you have webs support you're technically outspeeding most stuff and not living long enough for the removal to matter. Because of this, I would like to offer you to try out Raging Bolt.
:raging-bolt:
Raging Bolt @ Dragon Fang / Air Balloon / Magnet / Any Item tbh
Ability: Protosynthesis
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
Raging Bolt keeps the "usually going first" quality of Regieleki with Thunderclap (Electric Sucker Punch), while stressing out Ground-and Grass-types with a very strong Draco Meteor. It also has the added benefit of being fast enough under webs for bonking Ogerpon-Formes, Garchomp, and those mean guys that would give Rotom-W and Iron Hands trouble.

Aside from these, I would also suggest some changes on your other sets
:galvantula:
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch -> Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Energy Ball

Would suggest Thunder over Volt Switch as Galvan is likely not living long enough to set up webs a second time. I suggest to keep TWave to immediately hamper cheesy people setting up Turn 1 as well as what you mentioned, emergency checking is cool.

:iron-hands:
Iron Hands @ Leftovers -> Shuca Berry?
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 140 Spe -> EVs: 116 Atk / 228 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

This new spread lets you outspeed skarmory before it uses Iron Defense. Shuca Berry Hands could also be looked at, as it acts as an emergency check for Dragon Dance Dragonite and the like that way.

:zapdos:
Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn -> Volt Switch

Volt Switch is just better since you're better off clicking Hurricane vs Grounds. Also Zapdos is better than Thundurus-T in my opinion, especially with the added Raging Bolt covering for the lost coverage, but feel free to test both.

Here is the modified team, I hope this helps:
:pawmot: :raging-bolt: :galvantula: :iron-hands: :rotom-wash: :zapdos:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)