Eurovision 2019

Surprised this hasn't been brought back throughout the years, but i'm here to bring this back.

From the Darude announcement to the Ukraine withdrawal, it is back for another year!
All of the 2019 eurovision songs have been released.
this is yet another fantastic year imo with some standouts.

For the people who don't know what eurovision is: It's basically when a member of the EBU submits a song that goes into the contest, they will go into the semi finals except for the Big 5 (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and the host country which this year is Israel, who already go to the final, as for the rest of the countries, they go to the semi final in which 10 songs from each semi final get chosen to be in the final with The Big 5 and Israel, but in order to go to the final, they have to go a voting system in which all countries in their semi final vote for a song, the voting consist of the Juries and the Televoters, the Juries are 5-6 music professionals from each country who vote for their favorite entries, the televoters are the people in the country who can SMS a favorite entry up to 20 times, and the Jury points and the Televoting points are then combined, the same voting system is used in the Grand Final, but all of the countries are allowed to vote for a winner.

with that being said, i have many favorites, some are: Iceland, Estonia, Italy, Albania, Switzerland, Armenia and Azerbaijan

What are your favorites?

And may the best song win!

At risk of summoning the Ukrainian assassins Sergey Lazarev's entry in 2016 was awesome
Even though the live performance was pretty weak Occidentalis Karmas video was super fun imo and the lyrics being a critique of western superficiality and the homogenisation of culture really nailed it
As for my favourite Eurovision song its probably Secret garden from 1995's norway, seriously listen to it its great

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I've been following the show since 2015, when Sweden won (Mans :heart:), and ever since then I've enjoyed most songs. Usually I don't get myself spoilered with the songs, as I want to be as impressed with the song as well as the performance. I'm Spanish, so naturally I'd wish for my country to claim the gold, but there's so many political concerns going on with this contest that I find it hard. Looking forward to it, though :)

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I didn't like this year's Eurovision contest, I felt most performances bar France and North Macedonia were too shallow and didn't impress me too much, for ESC standards that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)