Eviolite

breh

強いだね
Eviolite is hands down one of my favorite translations in the game.
It seems that I can't read this as anything but "e-violate", which sounds... akward to say the least xD

Anyone considered Lairon? Its mammoth defense with this as well as its only 10 less HP and Sp. Def than Aggron mean that it is good at Metal Burst.
Typing is too crappy IMO; its physical bulk is nice but ground and fighting attacks are everywhere. Seems like a waste of space since it's slow as well.

Roar/SR/Toxic/Metal Burst seems the best option I guess.

On the topic of middle evolutions, Graveler.

Graveler
Evolite @Sturdy
Adamant
252 Def, 252 Atk, 4 HP
EQ
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Explosion

Comes with decent Physical Bulk, Stealth Rock, and a decent attack stat and also a built in Focus Sash. Set up SR, and then blow up if you can't do anything else. EdgeQuake is for STAB.
Whatever happened to the still-crappy rhydon? Explosion on a defensive pokemon is heavily counter-intuitive.

Graveler gets SR via Level Up and Rhydon doesn't. Rhydon doesn't have Sturdy either so one wrong move and it is a OHKO from a special attack if SS or Rhydon doesn't have Solid Rock. Yes you could transfer one over, but some people don't like to and may not have TM76 laying around. Explosion still packs a punch at 250 Power. If you notice this is a tank set using Evolite. Graveler with Evolite is still bulkier than Golem and although Rhydon does have better attack, some people prefer this guy. I do.

Graveler gets SR via Level Up and Rhydon doesn't. Rhydon doesn't have Sturdy either so one wrong move and it is a OHKO from a special attack if SS or Rhydon doesn't have Solid Rock. Yes you could transfer one over, but some people don't like to and may not have TM76 laying around. Explosion still packs a punch at 250 Power. If you notice this is a tank set using Evolite. Graveler with Evolite is still bulkier than Golem and although Rhydon does have better attack, some people prefer this guy. I do.
I don't think you understand the concept of competitive battling.

Rhydon never had Solid Rock. Can you elaborate?

breh

強いだね
wait what

For one, SR's TM is buyable in celadon dept store in HGSS.
Secondly, Graveler will be KOed just as easily; even if it has sturdy, all it takes is 1 point of damage (remember no leftovers) and it's a worse Rhydon.
Third, every one of Rhydon's stats is higher than that of graveler. The only good difference between the two is Sucker Punch, which is really not very good on a defensive pokemon, explosion, which sucks this gen and is pathetic coming off of 95 atk, and sturdy, which really isn't a help for graveler since the point of Evo stone is not to be koed... if that still happens it's not a very good poke, is it?

I do and some people prefer some mons to other mons. I prefer Vigoroth over Slaking, Graveler over Rhydon in this instance. It is just an option.

I remember reading the all important question that was said pages back and I said yes to Graveler. Would you use the pre-evolution? I would use the pre-evolution to Golem in this case. I like using pokes like this and I am the type of person who would use UU in OU.

Also I forgot about that SR thing because the only game I own is Diamond.

breh

強いだね
I remember reading the all important question that was said pages back and I said yes to Graveler. Would you use the pre-evolution? I would use the pre-evolution to Golem in this case. I like using pokes like this and I am the type of person who would use UU in OU.
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

The point of that was not "do you like this pokemon?" but "is this pokemon usable?".

I.E., as much as I would love to use Swadloon and Leavanny because the former is my favorite gen 5 pokemon, I'm not going to because they're not competitively viable.

Sealeo @ Eviolite
Ice Body
Bold
220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD

Protect
Substitute
Toxic/Super Fang
Surf/Blizzard

My God.
376/393/278 defenses? 6% recovery each turn when you have Hail up? This thing is a monster! 75 special attack isn't terrible either, same as Blissey.

Sealeo @ Eviolite
Ice Body
Bold
220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD

Protect
Substitute
Toxic/Super Fang
Surf/Blizzard

My God.
376/393/278 defenses? 12% recovery each turn when you have Hail up? This thing is a monster! 75 special attack isn't terrible either, same as Blissey.
It only recovers 6% of its health each turn since you deprived it of its Leftovers. :/

Bringing Porygon2 back, its dream world ability is Analyse, which gives it a 30% boost to its moves if it attacks last, which, with its speed, is very likely. This combined with the stone will give it a makeshift life orb boost and incredible defenses... something to consider when that's released.

Bringing Porygon2 back, its dream world ability is Analyse, which gives it a 30% boost to its moves if it attacks last, which, with its speed, is very likely. This combined with the stone will give it a makeshift life orb boost and incredible defenses... something to consider when that's released.
Not worth it with the option of using Trace.

Download is better for an offense-based ability for Porygon2 anyway, if it ever had a use for one, which it doesn't.

Trace is too fantastic of a defensive/utility ability to pass up on Porygon2, especially when you're not using an offensive set

Sorry to nitpick, but I think that this thread should be renamed Eviolite. :P

On another note, this is pretty much the best item GF has ever made.

Evolution stone is kind of gimmicky but it gives some pokemon a chance to be viable where they were previously not. So far I have been enjoying dusclops. I have tried out Rhydon he works out alright with a trick room teams but most of the time I feel he is dead weight and even with the crazy defense he just doesn't take hits well because of the typing. Hopefully more people will see it as gimmicky which might give it a little bit of a surprise factor.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Evolution stone is kind of gimmicky but it gives some pokemon a chance to be viable where they were previously not. So far I have been enjoying dusclops. I have tried out Rhydon he works out alright with a trick room teams but most of the time I feel he is dead weight and even with the crazy defense he just doesn't take hits well because of the typing. Hopefully more people will see it as gimmicky which might give it a little bit of a surprise factor.
If held by Pokemon like Porygon2 and Dusclops this is not a gimmick at all

just noticed Klang is a great user of the Eviolite. 60/95/85 defenses is nothing to scoff at. It can potentially work pretty wel as a bulky booster with Shift Gear/Gear Grind/Return/Rest @ Chesto. <------- yea, forget that last part. eviolite+chesto = impossible. Rock smash for steels? It isn't that bad. I mean, that 50% chance to lower Def is pretty nice for a pysical sweeper thing. Gear.

Hey, I'm sort of new here. Anyway, while I know that we don't yet have a UU metagame for 5th gen, I've been thinking about what one might eventually look like, and one thing came to my mind is that Eviolite Dragonair or maybe Eviolite Shelgon might replace Altaria's niche as the bulky Dragon Dancer of UU. Both have higher Attack than Altaria, and should have comparable bulk with Eviolite (although Shelgon's Sp. Def. is quite lacking), and Dragonair gets Shed Skin, which would serve a bulky setup Pokemon much better than Natural Cure, as you don't have to phaze yourself to get rid of status. Both do sacrifice speed compared to Altaria, though, and there will be competition from Druddigon for an offensive Dragon role due to its comparatively high Attack, although Druddigon's speed is abysmal and it lacks Dragon Dance to offset this.

Eviolite is by no means gimmicky. Dusclops is a great poke to use it (which you mentioned), but Rhydon is the problem for, again as you said, typing. If you really want to see it's full potential, use a P2 (Haven't tried Chansey yet, but I hear it's pretty good). I use it alot, and I can say it's one of the best walls I've used in a while.

As if porygon2 needed to get better, with this item hes the equivalent to.... its better then everyone! possibly the best wall in the entire series. (fuck lugia)

Yeah Porygon2 Chansey and Dusclops are pretty great, still I wish Magneton would of been better. I tested it out a bit, and the loss of leftovers really hurts this thing as a steel trapper.

Machoke @Eviolite
No Guard
252HP/252 SpDef (I forget the nature) (Base stats of 80/70/60)
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Bullet Punch
Toxic

This thing takes hits like it's his job. Dynamic Punch and Toxic to get some No Guard guaranteed status on the enemy. SE for coverage (his attack is decent for a tank still) and Bullet Punch for priority on low health enemies.

Eviolite is perfect in-game since Castelia City... in fact Shelly the Oshawott needed it for my Black Solo Scramble, to make sure those attacks brought him into Torrent range for his signature Razor Shell. The only attack, the whole time since Castelia, that would have still been a OHKO on Shelly, even after Eviolite, was Zekrom's Fusion Bolt, and I had five other Pokémon take FB for Shelly (two of them had Sturdy which Teravolt ignores), good thing FB had only 5pp. I then used a FB-less Zekrom to set up SD and proceed to sweep N's team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)