move 2: Sunsteel Strike / Behemoth Bash
move 3: Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed / Bolt Beak
move 4: U-turn / Trick
item: Choice Band
ability: Intrepid Sword / Mold Breaker
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Excadrill's STAB moves are very difficult to switch into, thus causing it to force a lot of switches. While Fur Coat Pokemon such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-C may be able to switch into Excadrill's Intrepid Sword set, Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to bypass Fur Coat, which makes switching in much more inconvenient for the aforementioned Pokemon. However, this comes at the cost of weaker attacks versus non-Fur Coat Pokemon. Behemoth Bash is recommended for use on the Mold Breaker set due to doing double damage to Dynamaxed Pokemon compared to Sunsteel Strike and otherwise having no difference. Strong priority as a third move is quite useful as well due to the ability to pick off weakened faster Pokemon such as Zacian-C and Zeraora, but Bolt Beak can be run for Pokemon that resist Excadrill's STAB combination such as Golisopod and Corviknight. U-turn does a good chunk to most non-resistant targets while taking advantage of whatever does switch into it by dealing heavy damage, while Trick trades power for, ideally, crippling an opponent's defensive check. A Jolly nature is preferred to outspeed Pokemon such as Reshiram and Zekrom that do not run a Speed-boosting nature.

Excadrill's middling Speed makes it difficult to take on opposing wallbreakers and sweepers such as Reshiram, Zacian-C, and Galarian Darmanitan-Z, so it's important to pair it with Pokemon such as Melmetal, Zamazenta-C, and Toxapex that can wall common wallbreakers or with revenge killers such as Zacian-C and Galarian Darmanitan-Z. Zacian-C also makes for a good teammate for Excadrill, as it can take care of many of the faster Pokemon that give Excadrill trouble. Choice Scarf Imposter Pokemon are appreciated as well in order to force out faster wallbreakers that attempt to stay in while scouting sets. Pokemon such as Golisopod and Corviknight can beat Imposter Pokemon that transform into Excadrill, which make them good teammates. Poison Heal Seismtoad can also beat Imposter Pokemon when Excadrill opts to run Bolt Beak.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[GL Volkner, 330455]]
- Quality checked by: [[Chessking345, 355040], [a loser, 410702]]
- Grammar checked by: [[bigtalk, 466663]]

Last edited:
:excadrill: :ss/excadrill: :excadrill:

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Earthquake
move 3: Bullet Punch / Extreme Speed

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is meant to be a strong wallbreaker. Excadrill's STABs are very difficult to switch into, and U-turn takes advantage of whatever does switch into it by dealing heavy damage while providing momentum. While Fur Coat Pokemon such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-Crowned may be able to switch into Excadrill's Intrepid Sword set, Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to bypass Fur Coat which makes switching in that much more inconvenient for the aforementioned Pokemon. However, this comes at the cost of weaker attacks vs non-Fur Coat Pokemon. Behemoth Bash is recommended for use on the Mold Breaker set due to doing double damage to Dynamaxed Pokemon compared to Sunsteel Strike and otherwise having no difference. Strong priority as a third move is quite useful as well, but Bolt Beak can be ran for Pokemon that resist Excadrill's STABs such as Golisopod and Corviknight I think beak is good enough to official slash. U-turn does a good chunk to most non-resistant targets while granting momentum, while Trick trades power for ideally crippling an opponent's defensive check. Why Jolly, explain

Excadrill's middling speed makes it difficult to take on opposing wallbreakers and sweepers such as?, so it's important to pair it with Pokemon that can wall common wallbreakers such as Melmetal, Rhydon and Toxapex Eternatus and ZamaC are probably more relevant than Rhydon, or pair it with Pokemon that can revenge kill opposing Pokemon such as Zacian-C and Darmanitan-Zen-Galar Galarian Darmanitan-Z. Imposter Pokemon are appreciated as well in order to force out faster wallbreakers while scouting sets. Imposter-proof? Other offensive breakers that profit from drill beating steels and poisons?

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[GL Volkner, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
QC 1 after I check it over again

I think you should also make a set for the shift gear setup set with Ground memory. THe set is shift gear/sunsteel/bolt beak/multi attack with Tough Claws. I've used it to great success on ladder.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I think you should also make a set for the shift gear setup set with Ground memory. THe set is shift gear/sunsteel/bolt beak/multi attack with Tough Claws. I've used it to great success on ladder.
I know a loser did not approve of that exact set, when I nominated in the reservation thread February 5.

Nevertheless, I can attest to its viability, as when I came up with it in December, it was well received, and it helped me during my winning match of the BH Open.

In either case, even if Volkner does not feel comfortable posting it, I hope it gets reconsidered for approval as a set analysis.

It’s a vanilla, yet strategic build.

Last edited:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
add delete comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is meant to be a strong wallbreaker This is strictly filler, no need for it. Excadrill's STABs are very difficult to switch into, and U-turn takes advantage of whatever does switch into it by dealing heavy damage while providing momentum. While Fur Coat Pokemon such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-Crowned may be able to switch into Excadrill's Intrepid Sword set, Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to bypass Fur Coat which makes switching in that much more inconvenient for the aforementioned Pokemon. However, this comes at the cost of weaker attacks vs non-Fur Coat Pokemon. Behemoth Bash is recommended for use on the Mold Breaker set due to doing double damage to Dynamaxed Pokemon compared to Sunsteel Strike and otherwise having no difference. Strong priority as a third move is quite useful as well who is this useful against? Bullet punch does like 30 to zacian-c which isn't too amazing and I guess e-speed hits zeraora for 50 but maybe provide an example of why priority is the first 2 slashes, but Bolt Beak can be ran for Pokemon that resist Excadrill's STABs such as Golisopod and Corviknight. (U-turn does a good chunk to most non-resistant targets while granting momentum) You talk about U-turn at the beginning and kinda repeat it here. I think all mentions of it should be put in the same spot. You could mention how drill's great STABs force switches in the first sentence and then talk all about u-turn down here, while Trick trades power for ideally crippling an opponent's defensive check. A Jolly nature is preferred to outspeed Pokemon such as Mamoswine lol mamo. Neutral speed zekrom, reshiram, and kyus are all much more relevant examples. pick one of them instead and (Gyarados) while true, gyarados is a weird example because without beak you hit him for like 50 and then get setup on or rended.

Excadrill's middling speed makes it difficult to take on opposing wallbreakers and sweepers such as Reshiram, Zacian-C and Galarian Darmanitan-Z, so it's important to pair it with Pokemon that can wall common wallbreakers such as Melmetal, Zamazenta-C and Toxapex, or pair it with Pokemon that can revenge kill opposing Pokemon such as Zacian-C and Darmanitan-Zen-Galar. Imposter Pokemon are appreciated as well (in order to force out faster wallbreakers) This is a little vague. Why/how are imposter users forcing out faster wallbreakers? Is it because of the scarf? Be a little more specific but without getting too wordy while scouting sets. Zacian-C makes for a good teammate for Excadrill as it can take care of many of the faster Pokemon that give Excadrill trouble You already mentioned Zacian-C above. Move this next part about how drill benefits zacian up with your comments before imposter, while in return benefiting from Excadrill removing Pokemon such as Melmetal and Toxapex. (Pokemon such as Golisopod and Corviknight) What about when you run Bolt Beak? can beat Imposter Pokemon that transform into Excadrill, which make them good teammates.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
A couple changes and comments. Let me know if you have any questions, QC 2/2 when implemented
a_loser-QC-small.gif

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
add remove (comment)
(AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; AH=add hyphen; RH=remove hyphen)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Excadrill's STABs STAB moves are very difficult to switch into, thus causing it to force a lot of switches. While Fur Coat Pokemon such as Melmetal and Zamazenta-Crowned may be able to switch into Excadrill's Intrepid Sword set, Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to bypass Fur Coat, (AC) which makes switching in that much more inconvenient for the aforementioned Pokemon. However, this comes at the cost of weaker attacks versus non-Fur Coat Pokemon. Behemoth Bash is recommended for use on the Mold Breaker set due to doing double damage to Dynamaxed Pokemon compared to Sunsteel Strike and otherwise having no difference. Strong priority as a third move is quite useful as well due to the ability to pick off weakened faster Pokemon such as Zacian-C and Zeraora, but Bolt Beak can be run for Pokemon that resist Excadrill's STABs STAB combination such as Golisopod and Corviknight. U-turn does a good chunk to most non-resistant targets while taking advantage of whatever does switch into it by dealing heavy damage, while Trick trades power for, (AC) ideally, (AC) crippling an opponent's defensive check. A Jolly nature is preferred to outspeed Pokemon such as Reshiram and Zekrom that do not run a Speed-boosting nature.

Excadrill's middling Speed makes it difficult to take on opposing wallbreakers and sweepers such as Reshiram, Zacian-C, (AC) and Galarian Darmanitan-Z, so it's important to pair it with Pokemon that can wall common wallbreakers such as Melmetal, Zamazenta-C, (AC) and Toxapex that can wall common wallbreakers (moved; ambiguity) (RC) or pair it with Pokemon that can revenge kill opposing Pokemon revenge killers (optional) such as Zacian-C and Darmanitan-Zen-Galar Galarian Darmanitan-Z. Zacian-C also makes for a good teammate for Excadrill, (AC) as it can take care of many of the faster Pokemon that give Excadrill trouble. Choice Scarf Imposter Pokemon are appreciated as well in order to force out faster wallbreakers risking losing the speed tie that attempt to stay in (there's no speed tie) while scouting sets. Pokemon such as Golisopod and Corviknight can beat Imposter Pokemon that transform into Excadrill, which make them good teammates. Poison Heal Seismtoad can also beat Imposter Pokemon when Excadrill opts to run Bolt Beak.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Chessking345, userid1], [a loser, userid2]]
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)