Featured LC Player of the Week 10: fitzy

welcome back to the revived player of the week, approved by blarajan

fitzy72
Favorite Pokemon: Scraggy
Most Known For: Being good at LC
Playstyle: Offense
Most Used Pokemon: Misdreavus

Tell us a little about yourself?

So i'm an 18 year old student in the Uk. Things I enjoy are pokemon (obviously) football and formula one. I joined smogon back in May 2009 and after being reccomended to it by dogfish44. I recently went to UK VGC and ended up 4-3 dropping at that point due to tiredness.

How and when did you start playing LC? Do you remember your first team?

There was a irc channel called #fluodome that I used to play mafia on. From that I met psykout who managed to convince me to give Gen 4 LC a try. Mostly what I can remember from that time is a Sash Snover lead team with Wynaut and Houndour.

What is your favorite element of LC?

The thing about LC is how little bulk everything has. This makes it easier compared to most tiers to break down stall. I like not having to worry that maybe the next fight is going to take 100 turns if I'm not running a HO team.

If you could change one thing about LC by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?

I really don't know. Most of the bans are clear cut with the exception of Meditite who I'm 50/50 on being broken. Right now the only thing left I think is way too good in current gens is Zigzagoon combined with memento.

LC user or player you most admire?

In terms of skill - Blarajan. 11-0 in spl takes some doing regardless of luck. Too many others from #littlecup but shoutout to arte for constantly using Regenerator based teams regardless of the metagame. Not sure I could pull that off.

What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

For me I've found Memento Misdreavus + Sash memento Diglett + Zigzagoon to just destroy teams. Apart from that atm the metagame seems to revolve around Fletchling. The little bird just forces you to have multiple ways to beat it or it is going to sweep you. Without fletchling we'd also see a lot more sun teams so thats a thing.

Advice to new LCers?

Don't be afraid to make your team full of top 10 usage mons. LC is unlike most tiers in that stuff used more is generally more useful than stuff 20 spots below it in usage. And of course to have fun.

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recycle

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 240 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Memento
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 40 Def / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Thief
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 176 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 136 HP / 200 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SDef / 28 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Protect
19:54:20<fitzy> Use croagunk towards the start
19:54:30<fitzy> memento > sweep
19:54:35<fitzy> really simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)