Firefox 4: Mozilla Chrome?

Apparently if a browser doesn't have the typical title bar at the top it's automatically a Chrome ripoff.

Seriously, guys, these browsers rip pieces off of each other all the time. Because they're good ideas. I'm sure Firefox users everywhere are glad that they "ripped off" private browsing from Chrome and IE...

Contrary to popular belief, I've found Internet Explorer to perform better than Chrome and Firefox, so unless this is a large step up I'm not interested
the issue isn't performance. recent versions of internet explorer are actually pretty fast (although this is partly due to the way it "cheats" thanks to windows). the problem with internet explorer is that is has no features and terrible security.

capefeather is right about the copying thing. every browser is designed to do basically the same thing, so they can steal a lot from each other. even stuff like the idea of multiple tabs had to start somewhere. when chrome came out in 2008, nobody yelled "omg they copied tabs"

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't care if Firefox is ripping anything off, all I know is these changes fucking suck

why is the goddamned Home icon all the way out in the middle of nowhere, so retarded

why is the goddamned Home icon all the way out in the middle of nowhere, so retarded
You mean the same goddamned Home icon you can easily move through View --> Toolbars --> Customize and then drag and drop?

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't care if Firefox is ripping anything off, all I know is these changes fucking suck

View -> Toolbars -> Customize. Feel free to move it wherever you want. Similar philosophy applies to pretty much everything else about Firefox. Edit: Accelgor'd.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Didn't know I could do that. It's still stupid, there is no logical reason to make the default setup so completely different from the way it had been for years.

i didn't know anybody used the home button o_o

by the way, since i still haven't used firefox 4, how is the status bar? i remember when i used firefox it really annoyed me that i could move anything anywhere, except stuff to/from the status bar, which was inexplicably fixed. i always disabled that piece of shit and just lived without it. the status bar is one thing opera and chrome did way better than firefox 3.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i didn't know anybody used the home button o_o

by the way, since i still haven't used firefox 4, how is the status bar? i remember when i used firefox it really annoyed me that i could move anything anywhere, except stuff to/from the status bar, which was inexplicably fixed. i always disabled that piece of shit and just lived without it. the status bar is one thing opera and chrome did way better than firefox 3.
Firefox 4 does not have a status bar.

Contrary to popular belief, I've found Internet Explorer to perform better than Chrome and Firefox, so unless this is a large step up I'm not interested
I must say I'm intrigued.

Perform better as in operate faster? Or better has better features? I ask because I have used chrome and chrome alone for the past 3 years. What's the notable difference or advantage to IE (over ff4 or chrome)?

Good reply and I might actually try it out ^_^

I must say I'm intrigued.

Perform better as in operate faster? Or better has better features? I ask because I have used chrome and chrome alone for the past 3 years. What's the notable difference or advantage to IE (over ff4 or chrome)?

Good reply and I might actually try it out ^_^
It surpasses both of them by being so massively worse that it is actually worthy of a place in a hall of fame somewhere. For being shit, that is.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to mention literally the hundreds of security errors that IE has and refuses to fix for God-knows-what reason.

IE is the best, the fastest, and the most reliable web browser out there. Why do you think it comes preloaded on every PC? 'nuff said...

IE is the best, the fastest, and the most reliable web browser out there. Why do you think it comes preloaded on every PC? 'nuff said...
It doesn't come on Macs or with Linux? And it comes "preloaded" on every Windows PC because its packaged with Windows as Microsoft happen to make it.

It doesn't come on Macs or with Linux? And it comes "preloaded" on every Windows PC because its packaged with Windows as Microsoft happen to make it.
Macs and Linux aren't PC they are OSX and Unix... Nothing comes preloaded on Linux, anyways because you have to install it yourself. All PC's are Windows OS.

So I decided I was tired of Firefox using so much RAM, and decided to do something about it. With a couple of browser tweaks, I can now conclude that anyone who complains about Firefox's RAM usage just doesn't know what they're doing.

Note that this is after ~6 hours of Firefox being open, with many tabs opened and closed along the way. There's no delay in switching between tabs, no noticeable performance slowdown at all.

All those chrome.exe's? For two tabs: Smogon and Text Twist.

i updated, used it, didn't like it, then reinstalled the older version reeaaaaaal quick. almost too quick.

i don't like chrome either.

At least we're not using Safari. Eh? Eh?

I really like FF4 but Chrome is my main browser. I installed Opera on the compy because Opera Mobile is so wonderful but I never really got into the desktop version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)