ORAS OU First (legit) OU Team! - MegaMediSweep

MegaMediSweep! ~ My First Official Team

Hello everyone!

So I recently started using Mega Medicham and gosh is it a beast. I've quite literally sweeped whole teams with this bad boy (probably their bad but still xD). I have, however, had a battle turned against me when he goes down. As my team is heavily centered around MMedichan, if he's taken out I do seem to struggle to bring the battle back in my favour.
I'm still fairly new to competitive battling so I want to know what you guys think of my team, and what a can do to improve it.

Gypsy (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

One of my favourite Pokémon in OU at the moment. Pure Power gives a massive boost to my damage and with HJK already having 130 BP + STAB, it can deal horrendous amounts of damage. Fake Out provides a safe Mega Evolution and some nice chip damage. It can also possibly get a revenge kill or pick off a weakened enemy. I took Ice Punch as it gets the OHKO on bulky Garchomp, Gliscor, and offensive Landorus-T.

Slasher (Kabutops) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet/Waterfall (Trying to figure out which is best)

Now then, this is a bit out there. I needed a check for Talonflame. If I lead with Medi and the enemy brings out a Talonflame, I can safely switch in and get a safe SD (if the foe swiches, which they should). If the enemy doesn't have a Talonflame though, he just becomes my SR/RS Pokémon (No idea if this is a good idea so let me know if this is any good, or if I should switch him for something better).

Razer (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp comes into play when I need to take out a tanky Mew or switch Medi out when faced with a Gengar. SD can be safely used if switched into either of those and the LO gives it that little bit more oomph. Iron Head comes in handy when I need to take out one of those pesky fairies. I'm still mastering the art of Pursuit as I'm still new, I find it tricky to predict people's moves sometimes.

Keysus (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Being as I have never played X or Y, I tried to stay away from the Kalos Pokémon but this darn keyring called out to me. Thunder Wave is crazy good against fast sweepers such as Weavile, Mega-Gallade, Starmie and Gyarados. Toxic is for the electric types that can't be paralyzed. I took Foul Play just so I wouldn't be completely useless against taunt and I'll always try to set up spikes before it gets KO'd.

Redhead (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo acts at my special sweeper/wallbreaker. Scald is Keldeo's main STAB move. It is very spammable, giving an increased burn chance with every hit, it hits quite hard after the Choice Specs boost, and wears down usual switch-ins such as Latios, Mega Venusaur, and Slowbro. Secret Sword I generally use to take out Chansey/Blissey with realtive ease. Hydro Pump is very powerful and is used to break past bulky Pokemon such as Clefable, Jirachi, and Mew.

Illuminati (Latias) @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Shift
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

I'll usually switch in Latias to absorb a hit on any of my squishies, or if my Mega Medi is in dire need of a Healing Wish. Draco Meteor hits pretty hard with it's 130 BP + STAB, and the white herb will keep his Sp.Atk up to scratch. I took Psyshock over Psychic because I feel it's less predictable than Psychic, and it works extremely well against low def mons. Finally, Psycho Shift was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, it can be useful if I get burned or paralyzed and need to cripple an enemy sweeper.

So that's that. My first official team that I've made (without taking ideas from other people :P). I realise it's not going to be the best team in the world, in fact, I'm sure it's got more flaws than positives but I'd like to hear your feedback all the same.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :D

~Divi

Ehy my advice is to replace
>
Kabutops is a good pokemon in the rain but in this team and with this set is userless. I think that Garchomp is better in this team because help you vs Talonflame and physical sweeper (
) in primis because are a weakneess for the team and give you a stealth rock support. Rocky Helmet in tandem with Rough Skin punishes physical attackers for 30% of their HP every time they use a contact move. The given EV spread increases Garchomp's physical bulk and gives it enough Speed to outspeed Jolly Bisharp, which is critical against Swords Dance variants, as a +2 Sucker Punch will never OHKO Garchomp, which KOes it back with Earthquake. An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe gives Garchomp the Special Defense needed to survive powerful hits from Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Gengar, Keldeo, and Mega Diancie, while still retaining the optimum amount of physical bulk.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Change the set on
in Sword Dance>Pursuit that is a good option, because give you one wincon for the team. However if you want to continue using pursuit ( that I don't racommend) change the EVS spread in 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe. The EV spread, while specific, serves two key roles. Maximum Attack investment increases Bisharp's damage output, while the Special Defense EVs allow Bisharp to survive Life Orb Latios's Hidden Power Fire after Stealth Rock damage from full health, which is crucial as it prevents Sucker Punch and Pursuit mind games. An Adamant nature is preferred to maximize Bisharp's damage output, although a Jolly nature can be used if the extra Speed is beneficial. If running a Jolly nature, an EV spread of 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe should be used, as it preserves Bisharp's Speed while achieving the same bulk benchmark. The preferred item for this set is Black Glasses, as it boosts the power of Bisharp's Dark-type STAB moves and doesn't cause recoil, which is important because this variant of Bisharp will be switching into attacks more often. A Life Orb can be used to hit harder with all moves; however, the recoil limits Bisharp's switch-in opportunities.
Bisharp @ Black Glasses/Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

or

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Sword Dance

I think that Magnet Rise>Toxic on
is a good option because help you vs Lando-T and other grounds type that are a problem for the team. Flash Cannon>Foul Play is a good chose for help you vs altaria and diancie. I use full HP investment to maximize Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. A Calm nature should be used with Foul Play, as preserving Klefki's Attack stat is not needed with Foul Play. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a Bold nature can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery.
Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon/Play Rought/Foul Play

I think that Defog>Psycho Shift and Life Orb>White Herb on
is a better solution: Life Orb is more essential for Latias, because help to hit with psyshock and Draco meteor optimally, doing the damage they are often very important even more so in an offensive team like this. A Timid nature and maximum Speed investment is used to outspeed base 108 Speed Pokemon such as Keldeo and Terrakion and tie with opposing base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Gallade, Latios, Latias, and Gengar. The given EV spread lets Latias avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Stealth Rock damage and also hits a Life Orb number. Lastly, a simple EV spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe can be used if hitting hard is more beneficial to your team than the bulk.
Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Team Complete:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Sword Dance/Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon/Foul Play/Play Rought

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Hope help you and gl with the team! :)

Last edited:
hi, nice team and welcome to the tier of ou

so first thing I notice is that you're using kabutops outside of rain, which is a mistake. It really needs rain to function since its main use is as swift swim sweeper under rain. I also notice that you lack a stealth rock user and could use a good secondary check to bisharp and mega scizor so you can take a bit of pressure off of keldeo. Because of this I'm gonna recommend Defensive Garchomp > Kabutops. This gives you a good buffer against other physical attackers like talonflame as well.

you struggle a lot against offense that's stacked with mons that can outspeed your whole team like mega lopunny and weavile. of course this is a common problem for offense and these mons are commonly recognized as threats to offense. so that you can outspeed and revenge these fast mons, I'd recommend Scarf Keldeo > Specs. it also helps you break the 110 speed tier, which is critical for offensive teams and of course there are other mons like gengar that you need to beat.

when using medicham, you really need to be able to break though its checks like bulky psychics and mega sableye. something with the sheer power to break through those is a good partner. therefore I will recommend Choice Band Azumarill > Klefki. it also helps you with sand because you can aqua jet excadrill for the kill

finally, your latias set isn't the most viable. It's your main check to keldeo and electric types like mega manectric, so you need it to be able to sponge hits and heal them off. It's also really weak without life orb. So try Life Orb > White Herb, Roost > Healing Wish, and Defog > Psycho Shift. This way you can handle those mons more consistently.

you also need a consistent wincon. So i think you should use Lum Berry > Life Orb and Swords Dance > Pursuit bisharp. this lets you clean up late game if you fail to apply enough pressure with medicham and keldeo. Edit: I just noticed you lack knock off. This is fixed in the new importable, but just for future reference it's a must on Bisharp because of its great power and utility. Have a nice day n___n

I think that's all for now, here's a finished importable of the team.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Ehy my advice is to replace
>
Kabutops is a good pokemon in the rain but in this team and with this set is userless. I think that Garchomp is better in this team because help you vs Talonflame and physical sweeper (
) in primis because are a weakneess for the team and give you a stealth rock support. Rocky Helmet in tandem with Rough Skin punishes physical attackers for 30% of their HP every time they use a contact move. The given EV spread increases Garchomp's physical bulk and gives it enough Speed to outspeed Jolly Bisharp, which is critical against Swords Dance variants, as a +2 Sucker Punch will never OHKO Garchomp, which KOes it back with Earthquake. An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe gives Garchomp the Special Defense needed to survive powerful hits from Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Gengar, Keldeo, and Mega Diancie, while still retaining the optimum amount of physical bulk.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Change the set on
in Sword Dance>Pursuit that is a good option, because give you one wincon for the team. However if you want to continue using pursuit ( that I don't racommend) change the EVS spread in 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe. The EV spread, while specific, serves two key roles. Maximum Attack investment increases Bisharp's damage output, while the Special Defense EVs allow Bisharp to survive Life Orb Latios's Hidden Power Fire after Stealth Rock damage from full health, which is crucial as it prevents Sucker Punch and Pursuit mind games. An Adamant nature is preferred to maximize Bisharp's damage output, although a Jolly nature can be used if the extra Speed is beneficial. If running a Jolly nature, an EV spread of 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe should be used, as it preserves Bisharp's Speed while achieving the same bulk benchmark. The preferred item for this set is Black Glasses, as it boosts the power of Bisharp's Dark-type STAB moves and doesn't cause recoil, which is important because this variant of Bisharp will be switching into attacks more often. A Life Orb can be used to hit harder with all moves; however, the recoil limits Bisharp's switch-in opportunities.
Bisharp @ Black Glasses/Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

or

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Sword Dance

I think that Magnet Rise>Toxic on
is a good option because help you vs Lando-T and other grounds type that are a problem for the team. Flash Cannon>Foul Play is a good chose for help you vs altaria and diancie. I use full HP investment to maximize Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. A Calm nature should be used with Foul Play, as preserving Klefki's Attack stat is not needed with Foul Play. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a Bold nature can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery.
Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon/Play Rought/Foul Play

I think that Defog>Psycho Shift and Life Orb>White Herb on
is a better solution: Life Orb is more essential for Latias, because help to hit with psyshock and Draco meteor optimally, doing the damage they are often very important even more so in an offensive team like this. A Timid nature and maximum Speed investment is used to outspeed base 108 Speed Pokemon such as Keldeo and Terrakion and tie with opposing base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Gallade, Latios, Latias, and Gengar. The given EV spread lets Latias avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Stealth Rock damage and also hits a Life Orb number. Lastly, a simple EV spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe can be used if hitting hard is more beneficial to your team than the bulk.
Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Team Complete:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Sword Dance/Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon/Foul Play/Play Rought

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Hope help you and gl with the team! :)
yo

so this is a pretty standard medisharp team, but i really suggest you run Knock Off > Pursuit on Bisharp. Knock Off is an essential part of using Bisharp because of the raw power behind one of them. It's too good of a move on it to pass up. Pursuit Trapping isn't essential; as long as you have a way of breaking bulky psychics trapping isn't at all necessary. An option to increase your matchup against Mega Sableye and stall in general is to run Lum Berry > Life Orb, but if prefer power over more setup chances Life Orb is what you run. If you want a Stealth Rock setter, Kabutops isn't the best of users in OU as it's easily eclipsed by others like Bulky Garchomp. Speaking of it you should definitely run Bulky Garchomp > Kabutops. It gives your team a great source of chip damage in tandem with spikes and being able to phase as well is very great for medisharp teams. You should definitely run Choice Scarf > Choice Specs on Keldeo since your team is very lacking in a source of raw speed. It gives you an excellent clear after the rest of your team has sufficiently weakened the opposition. You could run Modest > Timid as well if the extra power seems pleasing.

Right now Mega Diancie is a pretty huge threat towards your team since you lack a solid way of getting rid of it seeing you're running Ice Punch over Bullet Punch on Mega Medicham (which is a decent move currently in the metagame). So to help this, I suggest you run a Calm Nature > Careful Nature on Klefki as well as Flash Cannon > Foul Play and Magnet Rise > Toxic. Flash Cannon gives you the fantastic ability to snipe Mega Diancie who usually comes in to block spikes and it is generally a nice move to hit what it counters like Weavile. Magnet Rise is far superior to Toxic as it gives you a temporary immunity to Ground so you can set up Spikes against Ground-types and wear them down with Flash Cannon. Finally on Latias you should run Defog > Psycho Shift if you'd like the ability to remove entry hazards or Roost > Psycho Shift if you'd rather have sustainability. Life Orb > White Herb is a definite change as Latias needs all the power it can get.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

good luck and i hope this helped!
hi, nice team and welcome to the tier of ou

so first thing I notice is that you're using kabutops outside of rain, which is a mistake. It really needs rain to function since its main use is as swift swim sweeper under rain. I also notice that you lack a stealth rock user and could use a good secondary check to bisharp and mega scizor so you can take a bit of pressure off of keldeo. Because of this I'm gonna recommend Defensive Garchomp > Kabutops. This gives you a good buffer against other physical attackers like talonflame as well.

you struggle a lot against offense that's stacked with mons that can outspeed your whole team like mega lopunny and weavile. of course this is a common problem for offense and these mons are commonly recognized as threats to offense. so that you can outspeed and revenge these fast mons, I'd recommend Scarf Keldeo > Specs. it also helps you break the 110 speed tier, which is critical for offensive teams and of course there are other mons like gengar that you need to beat.

when using medicham, you really need to be able to break though its checks like bulky psychics and mega sableye. something with the sheer power to break through those is a good partner. therefore I will recommend Choice Band Azumarill > Klefki. it also helps you with sand because you can aqua jet excadrill for the kill

finally, your latias set isn't the most viable. It's your main check to keldeo and electric types like mega manectric, so you need it to be able to sponge hits and heal them off. It's also really weak without life orb. So try Life Orb > White Herb, Roost > Healing Wish, and Defog > Psycho Shift. This way you can handle those mons more consistently.

you also need a consistent wincon. So i think you should use Lum Berry > Life Orb and Swords Dance > Pursuit bisharp. this lets you clean up late game if you fail to apply enough pressure with medicham and keldeo. Edit: I just noticed you lack knock off. This is fixed in the new importable, but just for future reference it's a must on Bisharp because of its great power and utility. Have a nice day n___n

I think that's all for now, here's a finished importable of the team.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
Thank you for your insight guys/gals. I've taken on board what you've all said and now going with

Buddha (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Chompy (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Razer (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Easter (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Redhead (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Illuminati (Latias) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Hopefully this will work out, I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate my team and help me out.

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)