First RMT

Is this team good?

• Yea, it's pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before I start this RMT, let me just say, I'm a noob. My team is probably nooby, as well as my strategy, but please don't flame me for it. I've barely known what an IV is for a month now, so constructive feedback would be helpful for my noobish mind. :D

THE TEAM

In-depth

Togekiss
Blitzwing

Modest @ Choice Specs
Serene Grace ♂
------------------------------
100: HP, SPD, SPA, DEF, SPDEF 10: ATTK
HP: 336 ATTK: 124 DEF: 251

SPD: 221 SPATK: 331 SPDEF: 291
  • Air Slash 32/32
  • Hyper Beam 8/8
  • Flamethrower 24/24
  • Water Pulse 32/32
The main point of my Togekiss is to be one hell of an anti-lead. It's got a semi-diverse moveset, and adding Serene Grace gives it 60% chance at flinch, 40% at confuse, and 20% at burn. With Choice Specs, Togekiss's SPATK launches from 331 to 496, plus STAB Air Slash or Hyper Beam = complete annihilation. After Toge has done his job, I switch to

Uxie
Cosmos

Timid @ Heat Rock
Levitate
100: HP, SPD, SPA, DEF, SPDEF 10: ATTK
HP: 316 ATTK: 169 DEF: 321

SPD: 276 SPATK: 211 SPDEF: 321
  • Stealth Rock 32/32
  • Sunny Day 8/8
  • U-Turn 32/32
  • Psychic 16/16
Uxie's purpose is kindof like my late lead. After my opponent's lead has been crushed, I switch out this dude and set up SR and then Sunny Day, and then U-Turn back to Arcanine or Tangrowth. The Sunny Day will come in handy greatly, as it would give Tangrowth double speed and immediate Solar Beam, and give Arcanine double STAB Flamethrower and Flare Blitz. Heat Rock gives me a nice 8-turn SD, instead of the regular 5-turns. Though this is a good set-up, I'm not sure if killing his lead is a great idea of a start. He could send out a dark or bug tank and, even if Uxie does have great defenses, he would be extremely vulnerable.

Arcanine
Spirit

Mild @ Shell Bell
Flash Fire ♂
100: HP, SPD, ATTK, DEF, SPDEF 10: SPA
HP: 346 ATTK: 281 DEF: 198

SPD: 251 SPATK: 261 SPDEF: 221
  • Flare Blitz 24/24
  • Extreme Speed 8/8
  • Flamethrower 24/24
  • Thunder Fang 24/24
After Uxie's Sunny Day, Arcanine can be a pretty good pokemon. He'll get double STAB Flare Blitz, and with Shell Bell he'd only take 1/5 damage dealt. If he's running low on HP from Flare Blitz, I could use double STAB Flamethrower and gain some health aswell as get pretty much the same effect as FB. Extreme Speed is a fine finisher, and Thunder Fang is for taking care of them pesky water-types, or can be used to help kill flying-types.

Tangrowth
Jungleheat

Bashful @ Meadow Plate
Chlorophyll ♂
100: HP, SPD, ATTK, SPA, DEF 10: SPDEF
HP: 366 ATTK: 261 DEF: 311

SPD: 138 SPATK: 281 SPDEF: 161
  • Earthquake 16/16
  • Giga Drain 16/16
  • Solar Beam 16/16
  • Sleep Powder 24/24
Tangrowth can be an extremely powerful force on a nice Sunny Day. It's speed will have been doubled on SD, bringing it's speed to a reminiscent 276. It can pound most fire-types with EQ, diminishing their ability as a threat, and can put anything else to a nice slumber with Sleep Powder. If it's been damaged, just lull the enemy to bed and steal their HP with STAB Giga Drain + 12 BP from meadow plate. STAB Solar Beam is a nice tool also for OHKOing anything with a weakness to grass, ie the common Swampert.

Ninjask
Bullet Bug

Modest @ Leftovers
Speed Boost ♂
100: HP, SPD, ATTK, DEF, SPDEF 10: SPA
HP: 288 ATTK: 216 DEF: 151

SPD: 381 SPATK: 151 SPDEF: 161
  • Substitute 16/16
  • Swords Dance 48/48
  • Baton Pass 64/64
  • Protect 16/16
Ninjask has no attacks, so his only purpose is rather obvious. He's only here to completely buff Metagross. First he subs, and if the opponent hasn't attacked, he'll Swords Dance next turn. After 6 turns and 6 Speed Boosts, and hopefully at least one Swords Dance for double attack, baton pass is only appropriate.

Metagross
Slate

Lax @ Leftovers
Clear Body
Unknown EVs
HP: 303 ATTK: 301 DEF: 337

SPD: 150 SPATK: 229 SPDEF: 198
  • Focus Punch 32/32
  • Meteor Mash 16/16
  • Earthquake 16/16
  • Stone Edge 8/8
Metagross is a complete beast after Ninjask's help. He'll have superior attack if Ninjask got a chance to use Swords Dance, aswell as predominant 600 SPD. He has extremely powerful moves ready for almost any type of pokemon. Focus Punch is a fantastic Tyranitar counter, seeing it's 150 BP and mixed with high speed, it's a force to be reckoned with. Meteor Mash is the main STAB move, which also gives a chance to raise it's attack even further. Earthquake is a given, and so is Stone Edge.

Analysis
On Arcanine, I'd replace Shell Bell with Leftovers, as they're much more reliable and don't depend on whether Arcanine damages something or not.

Ehm.. Seems to me like you're trying to accomplish a bit too much (Not overall but..), especially since you're running 2 pokes on your team who not only don't benefit at all from Sunny Day, but are also receive more damage from fire type attacks in Sun (Ninjask and Metagross). Looks good, though, but to me it seems like you're playing two different halves of a team.

Oh, and you're going to want to tell us the EVs for your pokemon, not the base stats.
Thanks for the feedback :D Yeah, I did notice that SD doesn't give great synergy toward Meta or Ninj. Ninjask would need to take up a lot of turns though, so by then I think Sunny day would be gone for Meta. I would also plan on using Arc or Tangrowth first, so by then it would matter also. I think I'll stick with shell bell to. Like, if I Flare Blitz Skarm or some other thing that's weak to fire, which has roughly 300 HP. I would take 100 damage, but also gain back 38. I'll post the EVs in a sec, too.

Well, there's my team. Again, please, constructive feedback only, not "u r fing n00b gtfo!!1one"

On Arcanine, I'd replace Shell Bell with Leftovers, as they're much more reliable and don't depend on whether Arcanine damages something or not.

Ehm.. Seems to me like you're trying to accomplish a bit too much (Not overall but..), especially since you're running 2 pokes on your team who not only don't benefit at all from Sunny Day, but are also receive more damage from fire type attacks in Sun (Ninjask and Metagross). Looks good, though, but to me it seems like you're playing two different halves of a team.

Oh, and you're going to want to tell us the EVs for your pokemon, not the actual stats.

I also recommend you change your Tangrowth to something more like this:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
29 HP IVs (For Hidden Power Fire)
200 ATK EVs, 80 SPA EVs, 228 SPE EVs
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Earthquake
-Power Whip or Solar Beam
-Ancientpower or Sleep Powder

Your current Tangrowth's attack set is okay, but it won't do much against opposing grass pokemon (Mainly the ever-present Venusaur). Solar Beam and Giga Drain is pretty redundant coverage, especially since Giga Drain won't net you as many (Or any) KOs as Solar Beam, and even if Giga Drain heals you, if the opposing pokemon survives...You're going to take damage :(. Anyway, you're on the right track with EQ and Sleep Powder. Switch Giga Drain with Hidden Power (Fire) so you can take on other Grass types who would otherwise wall you. Hidden Power Fire also gets a nifty boost in the sun. I recommend you change Solar Beam to Power Whip, as even though Solar Beam seems like the better option (And actually probably is while in the sun), outside of sun, you're going to pay for using it when you either need to charge it up, or can't risk doing that and giving the opponent a free turn.
Ancientpower and Sleep Powder are both useful; Ancientpower hits flying types like Altaria and Moltress, but Sleep Powder forces switches and... puts opponents to sleep, it's up to your preference really. Either way, this set hits very hard, in and out of the sun. Just be careful of fast Fire type pokes, as they'll outspeed and OHKO Tangrowth with a fire move of their own.
If you end up missing Giga Drain (You shouldn't), you could always replace Life Orb with Leftovers, but keep in mind that the general idea of a Sunny Day (Or Rain Dance) team is to set up weather, and use those precious turns to hit the opposing team very hard.

Anyway GL with this team :)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)