Flash Fire glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some test matches when I came across this weird glitch...

When Heatran switches in on a fire move, it's supposed to activate the ability Flash Fire, which boosts the power of your Fire-type attacks. But instead of that, this happened...

Start of turn 13
_VINTAGE_ called ROTOM back!
_VINTAGE_ sent out HEATRAN! (Heatran)

The foe's Rotom-H used Will-O-Wisp!
But it failed!

Help???

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flash Fire won't activate if WoW fails

which is probably because Heatran is already inflicted with a status condition

was your Heatran already paralyzed or something

Well, my Heatran runs Flash Fire and I've gotten the effect from Will O Wisp before, so I'm not sure why you're having a problem, but it definitely worked for me before.

Did you have Safeguard up?
No.

It just happened again:

Battle between BKC and gii started!

Tier: OverUsed Gen 4
Variation: +7, -24
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause

gii sent out Heatran!
BKC sent out Dragonite!

Start of turn 1
gii called Heatran back!
gii sent out Motisma-Eau! (Rotom-W)

Dragonite used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 2
BKC called Dragonite back!
BKC sent out Heatran!

The foe's Motisma-Eau used Will-O-Wisp!
But it failed!

i think that when will-o-wisp misses it says But if failed instead of saying it missed...
No it doesnt, if it missed, it'll say that the attack missed. Example:

Start of turn 2
BKC called Metagross back!
BKC sent out Heatran!

The attack of the foe's Rotom-H missed!

Mh, maybe there're new mechanics. WoW doesn't work on Fire-types, so maybe WoW simply doesn't activate Flash Fire anymore.

Mh, maybe there're new mechanics. WoW doesn't work on Fire-types, so maybe WoW simply doesn't activate Flash Fire anymore.
There are no new mechanics, it's gen 4. WoW has never worked on fire-types without Flash Fire, e.g. Infernape, but it's always given the boost to Pokemon with Flash Fire such as Heatran or Arcanine.

Hey, BKC, ingame, whenever I use Doom Desire, it says that it "Fails" instead of saying that it missed. Maybe something similar is happening here.

Hey, BKC, ingame, whenever I use Doom Desire, it says that it "Fails" instead of saying that it missed. Maybe something similar is happening here.
Thats probably because something died and there was no target or something, I've had the same thing happen with Future Sight. Will-O-Wisp still gives Flash Fire boosts though.

Flash fire does not check for accuracy, it instantly activates as soon as any fire type move is used. So it's impossible for will-o-wisp to have "missed"

Flash fire does not check for accuracy, it instantly activates as soon as any fire type move is used. So it's impossible for will-o-wisp to have "missed"
Actually, it does check for accuracy.

Start of turn 2
BKC called Metagross back!
BKC sent out Heatran!

The attack of the foe's Rotom-H missed!

If you can give us a complete log OR recreate the scenario, we can help. Otherwise there's nothing we can do.

Will-o-Wisp fails against Fire-types. I assume the Fire-type effect activates, while the ability effect should activate instead.

If you can give us a complete log OR recreate the scenario, we can help. Otherwise there's nothing we can do.
I'll play some matches and save a log.

Will-o-Wisp fails against Fire-types. I assume the Fire-type effect activates, while the ability effect should activate instead.
Yes it does fail, but it gives the Flash Fire boost, as I've already explained multiple times in this thread...

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is obviously a glitch. However, in all my time playing PO, it has never done this.

If a fire move hits heatran, he will gain a flash fire boost.

So apparently the programmers set it to regular fire type mechanics instead. Take this up with a mod on PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)