NU Fletchinder

[OVERVIEW]

Fletchinder looks seemingly mediocre with low stats across the board and a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, but it has access to Gale Wings, which grants priority to all of its Flying-type moves and gives it the strongest priority move in the tier. With Acrobatics, Fletchinder is able to revenge kill a multitude of Pokemon in the tier, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Scyther, and Sawk. It has access to Swords Dance, which allows it to be a good late-game cleaner and, combined with Will-O-Wisp, gives Fletchinder more opportunities to sweep. Fletchinder is also able to stay healthy throughout the match with Roost, which somewhat helps make up for its Stealth Rock weakness. However, its Stealth Rock weakness and low defenses make it very easy to take down, and it also has trouble sweeping if any Pokemon that resists Flying is on the opponent's team, such as Magneton, Kabutops, and Rhydon. It also has trouble breaking through several bulky Water-types such as Prinplup and Pelipper, which can retaliate with Scald.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Acrobatics
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Roost
item:
ability: Gale Wings
nature: Adamant
evs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Fletchinder's Attack to a respectable number, allowing it to clean late-game. Acrobatics is Fletchinder's most powerful Flying STAB move, as it has priority thanks to Gale Wings, and it is able to revenge kill a lot of Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples Steel-, Rock-, and Electric-type switch-ins, such as Magneton and Rhydon, as well as physical attackers in general, allowing Fletchinder to set up Swords Dance much more easily and wear down its checks. Roost is a reliable recovery move that eases setup against burned Pokemon and keeps Fletchinder healthy in case it has been damaged by Stealth Rock.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs and an Adamant nature allow Fletchinder to hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs enable Fletchinder to outspeed neutral base 70 Speed Pokemon, most notably being able to hit Swords Dance Samurott before it uses Aqua Jet. The rest of the EVs go into HP to give Fletchinder a little more bulk and to reach an odd HP number so that it is able to switch into Stealth Rock twice, provided that it hasn't taken any damage previously. Gale Wings is absolutely mandatory, as it gives Fletchinder priority on Acrobatics and Roost. No item is used in order to make Acrobatics fully powered.

Usage Tips
========

Use Will-O-Wisp early-game to wear down any checks or counters on the switch. Once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened, use Swords Dance on a Pokemon that cannot deal much damage in return and sweep with priority Acrobatics. Keep Fletchinder healthy throughout the match with Roost, especially after switching in when Stealth Rock is up. Make sure to keep Fletchinder alive when facing weather teams, as it is able to revenge kill many Pokemon on sun and rain teams, such as Exeggutor, Sawsbuck, Victreebel, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath. Fletchinder should also be kept healthy if there are any setup sweepers or offensive threats that it is able to revenge kill.

Team Options
========

Because Fletchinder is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard control is crucial. Kabutops, in particular, is able to get past Rock-types that give Fletchinder a hard time while having access to Rapid Spin, though it is worth noting that both of them share an Electric weakness. Another good entry hazard remover is Prinplup, which is able to Defog away entry hazards and set up Stealth Rock, as well as take on Pokemon that trouble Fletchinder, such as Kabutops and Rhydon. While Xatu does not have the greatest synergy with Fletchinder, it is able to easily discourage the use of Stealth Rock while also possibly bouncing them back at the opponent's team. If Fletchinder is paired with Xatu, it is strongly recommended to pair them with a Pokemon that is able to switch in on Rock- and Electric-type moves, such as Rhydon, Torterra, and Magneton. Ground-types such as Stunfisk, Torterra, and Rhydon can switch in on Electric- and Rock-type moves aimed at Fletchinder and threaten with their STAB attacks. The former two are also able to setup Stealth Rock to support Fletchinder, while Magneton is able to bring Fletchinder in safely via Volt Switch.

Grass-types are also good partners, as most of them have good synergy with Fletchinder while also having the ability to threaten Pokemon that give it trouble. Lilligant is a great partner, as it is able to put Fletchinder's checks, such as Lanturn and Carracosta, to sleep with Sleep Powder, set up on them with Quiver Dance, or force them out with its Grass-type attacks. Lilligant is also capable of using Healing Wish, giving Fletchinder a second chance to sweep. Cacturne is also a decent partner because it has a helpful immunity to Water-type moves, resists Electric, and is able to threaten Water-types with its Grass-type STAB moves as well as support Fletchinder with Spikes. Fighting-types pair naturally well with Fletchinder, as they have decent synergy and most of them are able to threaten Rock- and Steel-types. Such examples include Sawk, Hariyama, and Gurdurr. Assault Vest Hariyama is also able to take on some special attackers, such as Rotom, Lanturn, and Samurott, while Gurdurr is able to set up Bulk Up on Rock- and Steel-types with relative ease. Steel-types in general make for good partners with Fletchinder, as they have good synergy with it, resisting Rock-type moves, so Pokemon such as Magneton and Klinklang make great partners; Magneton in particular has fantastic synergy with Fletchinder, as it has the ability to trap opposing Steel-types that Fletchinder has major issues against, such as Klingklang and opposing Magneton. Magneton is also able to force out Water- and Rock-types, such as Kabutops, Carracosta, Rhydon, and Regirock, with its powerful dual STAB combination, though Magneton cannot safely switch into all of these Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Fletchinder can make use of Overheat, which hits Steel-types such as Ferroseed, Magneton, and Klinklang. Tailwind is a decent support move, it has priority, and it aids any slow teammates. Natural Gift plus a Liechi Berry hits Rhydon, Quagsire, and Kabutops with a powerful Grass-type move on the switch, but it comes at the cost of halving Acrobatics' Base Power until it's used. U-turn is another option for Fletchinder to retain offensive momentum and switch out of any potential counters for a teammate to take advantage of, but it cannot switch in and out too much because of Fletchinder's horrid Stealth Rock weakness. Taunt is another useful support move to prevent Pokemon from healing or setting up entry hazards as Fletchinder sets up Swords Dance.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types, such as Magneton, Rotom, Stunfisk, and Lanturn, resist Acrobatics and, unlike Rock-types, do not mind being burned as much while all of them threaten Fletchinder with their STAB moves. Magneton is 4x resistant to Acrobatics, does not fear Will-O-Wisp that much and threatens Fletchinder with its powerful Electric-type STAB attacks. Stunfisk is able to hit back with Discharge and set up Stealth Rock for free against Fletchinder. Lanturn hits back with Scald and also can heal burns with Heal Bell.

**Rock-types**: Rock-types, such as Rhydon, Kabutops, Aurorus, and Carracosta, take very little damage from Acrobatics, in return, they all OHKO Fletchinder with their Rock-type STAB moves, though most of these Pokemon are crippled by Will-O-Wisp except for Aurorus and defensive Carracosta. Kabutops is also able to outpace Fletchinder's Acrobatics with Aqua Jet. Carracosta does not mind getting burned as much, as it still threatens Fletchinder with Scald, but its Shell Smash set is heavily crippled if it is not holding Lum Berry. Probopass is 4x resistant to Acrobatics and OHKOes Fletchinder with Power Gem, but it dislikes being worn down by burns. Archeops resists Acrobatics and is naturally faster, so it does not have to worry about Will-O-Wisp if it has already switched in safely, and it OHKOes Fletchinder with Stone Edge.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock shaves off half of Fletchinder's HP on the switch, forcing it to recover off the damage with Roost and making it much easier to take down due to Fletchinder's fragility.

**Water-types**: Many bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire, Prinplup, and Pelipper, are able to take Acrobatics relatively well and retaliate with Scald. Quagsire in particular is a problem for Fletchinder, as it ignores any Swords Dance boosts that Fletchinder has acquired thanks to Unaware, takes very little damage from Acrobatics, and is able to recover off the damage while threatening Fletchinder with Scald and Toxic.

**Naturally Bulky Pokemon**: Garbodor is a decent answer to Fletchinder, as it wears Fletchinder down with Rocky Helmet, as well as Aftermath damage should Fletchinder knock it out and is also able to eliminate any Swords Dance boosts acquired with either Clear Smog or Haze, but Garbodor does not appreciate being burned with Will-O-Wisp. Weezing takes Acrobatics very well and 2HKOes Fletchinder with Sludge Bomb, but it dislikes being worn down from burns. Offensive Mega Audino easily tanks even a +2 Acrobatics and retaliates back with Surf. Klinklang resists Acrobatics and is able to avoid Will-O-Wisp with Substitute and proceed to boost with Shift Gear on Fletchinder.

Last edited:
Aerial Ace should be used over Acrobatics on the stallbreaker set for obvious reasons ;)

With Magneton being arguably the best Pokemon in the tier right now, Fire Blast deserves a huge OO mention. Maybe it should be bumped up to a separate set?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Aerial Ace should be used over Acrobatics on the stallbreaker set for obvious reasons ;)

With Magneton being arguably the best Pokemon in the tier right now, Fire Blast deserves a huge OO mention. Maybe it should be bumped up to a separate set?
Acrobatics is the obvious attack of choice over Aerial Ace; Acro has the potential to get stronger should Fletch get Knocked Off (which it does, given it commonly faces off against Fighting-types), and even if unboosted you won't miss the loss in 5 BP >.>

Special Fire moves aren't attacks Fletch should be using more than once consecutively; Overheat is a better alternative since it offers a greater burst in power with more accuracy. OO worthy mention tho.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is looking pretty solid overall, but is the stallbreaker set really worth a set of its own?
I mean, yeah, it wounds decent on paper at best, but its just not nearly as immediately threatening to offensive teams without attack investment. Unless others disagree, I'd like it put in OO for now; you can put it in hide tags if you'd like.
On that note, put U-turn in OO and remove Apicot berry since Magneton is already hit by Overheat (which is perfectly fine in oo), and the other two are crippled by Wisp. Liechi is fine tho.

C&C needs a bit of work, Garbodor, Klinklang, Quagsire, and Magneton do not need their own sections and can all be lumped into other sections for the most part.
Quagsire is the only one I might have separated, but it can still just be thrown with water types [which should have its own section with the likes of prinplup, pelipper, and offensive water types such as samurott and floatzel] and just have its own sentence as to why it counters it better than all the others. In regards to samurott, while it is EVd to outpace adamant samurott's aqua jet, the typical swords dance set runs some bulk evs and can always live a +2 acro and killl with waterfall/razor shell and cures burn with lum, or it can feasibly run a Jolly nature to outpace the current spread's acro.
Magneton can be thrown together with Electric types, and Klinklang should be removed since it hates being burned, Fletch resists its STAB moves (yes I know it has return but still), and Wild Charge is bad. The other relevant steels arent too great of checks either, while Probopass is a counter it should be under Rock-types. Also no need to say that Mag can set up subs versus Fletch, since the move isn't very good or common on Magneton.

Just some quick things, but from personal experience I never seen a Samurott not running max speed Adamant unless the standard spread has changed since the drops, but I'll just put the current spread in set details and make the main spread 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 speed to outspeed Pawn if that's fine with QC. I put the Stall Breaker in hide tags like you suggested b/c it still has merit in stopping many threats. I'll make the rest of the changes for c&c (idk how I missed water-types lol), though Klinklang is still worth mentioning imo b/c they always run sub to avoid status.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just some quick things, but from personal experience I never seen a Samurott not running max speed Adamant unless the standard spread has changed since the drops, but I'll just put the current spread in set details and make the main spread 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 speed to outspeed Pawn if that's fine with QC. I put the Stall Breaker in hide tags like you suggested b/c it still has merit in stopping many threats. I'll make the rest of the changes for c&c (idk how I missed water-types lol), though Klinklang is still worth mentioning imo b/c they always run sub to avoid status.
The standard spread for SD Samurott has been enough for base 55s which is 136 Spe. Keep the 144 Spe as the main spread because special / mixed samurott always runs max speed neutral nature and is now running aqua jet often, so outpacing that with acro can be handy.

edit: I think you misinterpreted what I said; the 144 spe outspeeds neutral natured max speed Samurott's Aqua jet, which is pretty important. The 136 Spe spread is still fine, but doesnt really mean much in regards to fletch. Keep the 144 spe spread like I said before.

Last edited:
Okay I updated C&C by adding a Water-types section and a section for Pokemon with naturally high bulk and placed Garbodor under it as well as adding Weezing and Tank Mega Audino.

Lanturn should definitely get a mention in C&C as it's probably the single best counter to Fletchinder in the tier. Most crucially, its access to Heal Bell means it isn't worn down by Will-o-Wisp like other counters are.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
- mention that it's one of the best revenge killers (you mentioned it revenge kills stuff but not that it's a fantastic revenged killer)

Moves:
- Roost removing Rock and electric weakness isn't /that/ important especially when fletch just dies to Rock moves anyway. Mention instead that roost helps it set up on burned threats and keep healthy after switching into rocks

Usage tips:
- don't just limit it to weather teams. you could say that fletch is really useful against these, but also mention somewhere that fletch should be kept alive against setup sweepers and offensive threats that might trouble the team

Team Options:
- explain the synergy between steels and Fletchinder, you only really talk about Magneton. Also, Magneton doesn't exactly beat the stuff you listed comfortably as most of them can do a lot of damage to it on the switch in.

Checks and Counters:
- yup please mention Lanturn
- Archeops should get a mention under Rock-types since it's faster than wisp and is just a really threatening mon in general

Hootie

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mention Taunt in OO, and cut the point with it in the Overview because it's not anywhere else on the analysis.

Make Electric-types the first section in Checks and Counters because they care less about Will-O-Wisp than Rock-types.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ do those,

Move Steel-types down to below Fighting-types in TO, the others threaten Fletchinder's checks a lot more

Ground-types should be mentioned in TO as they beat Electric and Rock-types. Mention Stunfisk, Torterra (move it here), and Rhydon probably

When you mention U-turn in C&C, "scouting" for checks isn't exactly right. It's more like U-turning out of a counter for a teammate to take advantage of

In Checks and Counters, Lanturn should be mentioned with Electric-types instead of bulky waters because its resistance to Acro makes it more Electric than Water, if you get what I'm saying

Implement all this and QC 1/3

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
[Overview]
Cut down on some of the fluff, just to save time for GP.
Don't say that it can revenge kill stuff no matter how fast they are because people know how priority moves work. If I'm not mistaken, Fletch's Acrobatics is the strongest unboosted priority move in the tier (and comes close to the power of boosted ones like Life Orb Cacturne's sucker), which is probably something good to note.

[SD]

[Moves]
"Swords Dance boosts Fletchinder's attack to respectable amount, allowing it to late-game clean." Kinda nitpicky, but clean late-game sounds a lot better.
I dont think you need to list the Pokemon acro revenge kills in the moves section, but you should add examples in the sentence about Will-O-Wisp.

[Usage Tips]
All competent teams have at the very least one flying resist, so reword that to say that simply wisp is best used early game to whittle down fletchinder's checks so it can clean up later.

[Team Options]
Everything is good here, but I'd consider splitting it up into 2 paragraphs since there's a lot of information.

[C&C]
Aurorus doesnt really mind getting burned because its a special attacker (banded is a set but its really not that great). Specify that defensive costa doesnt care about burns bc it uses scald, while the shell smash set is crippled by wisp if its not running lum berry. The first sentence is somewhat unclear, as you state that none of them appreciate getting burned but in reality nothing appreciates getting burned apart from magic guard and guts pokemon. What it should state is which pokemon are crippled by wisp and which dont mind it as much.

Good job, after the above is done QC 3/3

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
standard colors

[OVERVIEW]

Fletchinder is Pokemon that looks seemingly mediocre with low stats across the board and a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, but it has a unique ability in access to Gale Wings, which grants priority to all its Flying-type moves and makes it have the strongest priority move in the tier. With Acrobatics, Fletchinder is able to revenge kill a multitude of Pokemon in the tier, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Scyther, (AC) and Sawk. It has access to Swords Dance which allows it to be a good late-game cleaner and, (AC) combined with Will-O-Wisp, gives Fletchinder more setup opportunities to sweep. Fletchinder is also able to stay healthy throughout the match with Roost, which somewhat helps with its make up for its Stealth Rock weakness. However, the aforementioned Stealth Rock weakness plus frail defenses make Fletchinder very easy to take down and it also has issues sweeping troubles if any Flying-resists are in the opponent's team present, such as Magneton, Kabutops, and Rhydon. It also has trouble breaking through past several bulky Water-types, (RC) such as Prinplup and Pelipper, (AC) which both retaliate with Scald.

[SET]
item:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Fletchinder's attack to a respectable amount, allowing letting it to clean late-game. Acrobatics is Fletchinder's most powerful Flying STAB that has priority thanks to Gale Wings and is able to revenge kill many Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples Steel-, Rock-, and Electric-type switch-ins (hyphen), such as Magneton and Rhydon, as well as physical attackers in general allowing to setup Swords Dance much more easily and wear down its checks. Roost is a reliable recovery move that eases setup against burned Pokemon and keeps it healthy if it has taken damage in case it has been damaged from by Stealth Rock.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs and an Adamant nature, (RC) allow Fletchinder to hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs enable Fletchinder to outspeed neutral base 70s; most notably being able to hit Swords Dance Samurott before it uses Aqua Jet. The rest of the EVs go goes into HP to give Fletchinder a little more bulk and makes its to reach HP an odd HP number so it is able to switch into Stealth Rock twice, (AC) provided it hasn't taken any damage previously. Gale Wings is absolutely mandatory, as it gives Fletchinder priority on Acrobatics and Roost. No item is used, as it makes in order to make Acrobatics fully powered.

Usage Tips
========

Early-game, use Will-O-Wisp to wear down any checks or counters on the switch. Once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened, use Swords Dance on a Pokemon that cannot deal much damage in return and sweep with priority Acrobatics. Keep Fletchinder healthy throughout the match with Roost, especially after switching in when Stealth Rock is up. Make sure to keep Fletchinder alive when facing weather teams, as it is able to revenge kill many Pokemon on Sun and Rain teams, such as Exeggutor, Sawsbuck, Victreebel, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath. Fletchinder should also be kept healthy if there are any setup sweepers or offensive threats that it is able to revenge kill.

Team Options
========

Because Fletchinder is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, hazard control is crucial. Kabutops in particular is able to get past Rock-types that trouble give Fletchinder a hard time Fletchinder while having access to Rapid Spin, though it is worth noting that both of them share a Electric weakness. Another good entry hazard remover is Prinplup, which is able to Defog away hazards and setup Stealth Rock, as well as being able to take on Pokemon that trouble Fletchinder, such as Kabutops and Rhydon. While Xatu does not have the greatest synergy with Fletchinder, it is able to easily discourage the use of Stealth Rock while also possibly bouncing them back at the opponent's (add apostrophe) team. If Fletchinder is paired with Xatu, it is strongly recommended to pair them with a Pokemon that is able to switch in on Rock-, and Electric-type moves, such as Rhydon, Torterra, and Magneton. Ground-types, such as Stunfisk, Torterra and Rhydon switch in on Electric and Rock moves aimed at Fletchinder and threaten with their Ground STAB. The former two are also able to setup Stealth Rock to support Fletchinder, while Magneton is able to bring Fletchinder in safely via Volt Switch.

Grass-types are also good partners, as most of them have good synergy with Fletchiner, while also having the ability to threaten Pokemon that give it trouble. Lilligant is a great partner, as it is able to either put Fletchinder's checks, such as Lanturn and Carracosta, (AC) to sleep with Sleep Power, setup on boost in front of them with Quiver Dance, or force them out with its Grass-type attacks. Lilligant is also capable of using Healing Wish, giving Fletchinder a second lease on life. Cacturne is also a decent partner because since it has an helpful handy immunity to Water-type moves, resists Electric, and is able to threaten Water-types with its Grass STAB as well as support Fletchinder with Spikes. Fighting-types pair naturally well as they have decent synergy and most of them are able to threaten Rock- and Steel-types. Such examples include Sawk, Hariyama, (AC) and Gurdurr. Assault Vest Hariyama is also able to take on some special attackers, such as Rotom, Lanturn, and Samurott while Gurdurr is able to setup Bulk Up on Rock- and Steel-types with relative ease. Steel-types in general make good partners with Fletchinder, as they have good synergy with it, resisting Rock-type moves, so Pokemon, such as Magneton and Klinklang make great partners; Magneton in particular has a fantastic synergy with Fletchinder, (AC) while having as it has the ability to trap opposing Steel-types that trouble Fletchinder Fletchinder has major issues against, such as Klingklang and opposing Magneton. Magneton is also able to force out Water- and Rock-types, such as Kabutops, Carracosta, Rhydon, and Regirock with its powerful dual STAB, though Magneton cannot safely switch into all of these Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Fletchinder can make use of Overheat, which hits Steel-type such as Ferroseed, Magneton, and Klinklang. Tailwind is a decent support move that has priority and aids any slow teammates. Natural Gift plus a Liechi berry hits Rhydon, Quagsire, and Kabutops on the switch, but it comes at the cost of halving Acrobatics' base power making Acrobatics much weaker until it's (add apostrophe) used. U-turn is another option for Fletchinder to retain offensive momentum and switch out of any potential counters and for a teammate to take advantage of, though because of Fletchinder's horrid Stealth Rock weakness, it cannot switch in and out too much. Taunt is another useful support move to prevent Pokemon from healing or setting up hazards, as it sets up Swords Dance.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types, such as Magneton, Rotom, Stunfisk, (AC) and Lanturn take resist Acrobatics very well and, (AC) unlike Rock-types, (AC) do not mind being burned as much while all of them threaten Fletchinder with their Electric STAB. Magneton 4x resists Acrobatics and does not care fear about Will-O-Wisp as that much and threatens Fletchinder with its powerful Electric-type STAB. Stunfisk is able to hit back with Discharge and setup Stealth Rock for free against Fletchinder. Lanturn hits back with Scald and also heals can heal burns with Heal Bell.

**Rock-types**: Rock-types, such as Rhydon, Kabutops, Aurorus, (AC) and Carracosta take very little damage from Acrobatics, while in return they all OHKO Fletchinder with their Rock-type STAB though most of these Pokemon are crippled by Will-O-Wisp with the exceptions of except for Aurorus and defensive Carracosta. Kabutops is also able to outpace Fletchinder's Acrobatics with Aqua Jet. Carracosta does not mind getting burns burned as much, as it still threatens Fletchinder with Scald, but its Shell Smash set is heavily crippled if it is not holding Lum berry. Probopass 4x resists Acrobatics and OHKOs with Power Gem, but it dislikes being worn down by burns. Archeops resists Acrobatics and is naturally faster so it does not have to worry about Will-O-Wisp if it has already safely switched in safely, (AC) and OHKOs with Stone Edge.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock shaves off half of Fletchinder's HP on switch in forcing it to Roost recover off the damage and making it much easier to take down due to Fletchinder's fragility already being frail.

**Water-types**: Many bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire, Prinplup and Pelipper are able to take Acrobatics relatively well and retaliate with Scald. Quagsire in particular is a problem for Fletchinder, as it ignores any Swords Dance boosts that Fletchinder has acquired with Unaware, takes very little from Acrobatics, and is able to recover off the damage while in return, threatens Fletchinder with Scald and Toxic.

**Naturally Bulky Pokemon**: Garbodor is a decent answer to Fletchinder, as it wears Fletchinder down with Rocky Helmet, (AC) and Aftermath damage should Fletchinder knock it out and is also able to eliminate any Swords Dance boosts acquired with either Clear Smog or Haze, but does not appreciate being burned with Will-O-Wisp. Weezing takes Acrobatics very well and 2HKOs with Sludge Bomb, but dislikes being worn down from burns. Offensive Mega Audino easily tanks even a +2 Acrobatics and retaliates back with Surf. Klinklang resists Acrobatics and is able to avoid Will-O-Wisp with Substitute and proceed to setup boost with Shift Gear on Fletchinder.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tricking add
Tricking remove

Snobalt add
Snobalt remove
Snobalt comment

[OVERVIEW]

Fletchinder is Pokemon that looks seemingly mediocre with low stats across the board and a 4x double weakness to Stealth Rock, but it has a unique ability in access to Gale Wings, which grants priority to all its Flying-type moves and makes it have gives it the strongest priority move in the tier. With Acrobatics, Fletchinder is able to revenge kill a multitude of Pokemon in the tier, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Scyther, (AC) and Sawk. It has access to Swords Dance, (AC) which allows it to be a good late-game cleaner and, (AC) combined with Will-O-Wisp, gives Fletchinder more setup opportunities to sweep. Fletchinder is also able to stay healthy throughout the match with Roost, which somewhat helps with its make up for its Stealth Rock weakness. However, the aforementioned its Stealth Rock weakness plus frail and low defenses make Fletchinder very easy to take down, (AC) and it also has issues trouble sweeping troubles ("trouble" is the right word, but it shouldn't be in this spot) if any Flying-resists Pokemon that resist Flying are in the opponent's team present, such as Magneton, Kabutops, and Rhydon. It also has trouble breaking through past several bulky Water-types, (RC) such as Prinplup and Pelipper, (AC) which both can retaliate with Scald.

[SET]
item:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Fletchinder's attack to a respectable amount, allowing letting it to ("allowing it to" is fine) clean late-game. Acrobatics is Fletchinder's most powerful Flying STAB move, that has priority thanks to Gale Wings, (AC) and is able to revenge kill many Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples Steel-, Rock-, and Electric-type switch-ins (hyphen), such as Magneton and Rhydon, as well as physical attackers in general, (AC) allowing Fletchinder to set(space)up Swords Dance much more easily and wear down its checks. Roost is a reliable recovery move that eases setup against burned Pokemon and keeps it Fletchinder healthy if it has taken damage in case it has been damaged from by ("if it has taken damage from" is fine) Stealth Rock.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs and an Adamant nature, (RC) allow Fletchinder to hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs enable Fletchinder to outspeed neutral base 70s; Speed Pokemon, most notably being able to hit Swords Dance Samurott before it uses Aqua Jet. The rest of the EVs go goes ("go" is correct") into HP to give Fletchinder a little more bulk and makes its to reach HP an odd HP number so that it is able to switch into Stealth Rock twice, (AC) provided that it hasn't taken any damage previously. Gale Wings is absolutely mandatory, as it gives Fletchinder priority on Acrobatics and Roost. No item is used, as it makes in order to make Acrobatics fully powered.

Usage Tips
========

Early-game, use Will-O-Wisp to wear down any checks or counters on the switch. Once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened, use Swords Dance on a Pokemon that cannot deal much damage in return and sweep with priority Acrobatics. Keep Fletchinder healthy throughout the match with Roost, especially after switching in when Stealth Rock is up. Make sure to keep Fletchinder alive when facing weather teams, as it is able to revenge kill many Pokemon on Sun sun and Rain rain teams, such as Exeggutor, Sawsbuck, Victreebel, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath. Fletchinder should also be kept healthy if there are any setup sweepers or offensive threats that it is able to revenge kill.

Team Options
========

Because Fletchinder is 4x doubly weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard control is crucial. Kabutops, (AC) in particular, (AC) is able to get past Rock-types that trouble give Fletchinder a hard time Fletchinder while having access to Rapid Spin, though it is worth noting that both of them share an Electric weakness. Another good entry hazard remover is Prinplup, which is able to Defog away entry hazards and set(space)up Stealth Rock, as well as being able to take on Pokemon that trouble Fletchinder, such as Kabutops and Rhydon. While Xatu does not have the greatest synergy with Fletchinder, it is able to easily discourage the use of Stealth Rock while also possibly bouncing them back at the opponent's (add apostrophe) team. If Fletchinder is paired with Xatu, it is strongly recommended to pair them with a Pokemon that is able to switch in on Rock-, (RC) and Electric-type moves, such as Rhydon, Torterra, and Magneton. Ground-types, (RC) such as Stunfisk, Torterra, (AC) and Rhydon can switch in on Electric-(AH) and Rock-type moves aimed at Fletchinder and threaten with their Ground STAB attacks. The former two are also able to setup Stealth Rock to support Fletchinder, while Magneton is able to bring Fletchinder in safely via Volt Switch.

Grass-types are also good partners, as most of them have good synergy with Fletchinder, (RC) while also having the ability to threaten Pokemon that give it trouble. Lilligant is a great partner, as it is able to either put Fletchinder's checks, such as Lanturn and Carracosta, (AC) to sleep with Sleep Powder, setup on boost in front of ("set up on" is fine; just remember the space between "set up") them with Quiver Dance, or force them out with its Grass-type attacks. Lilligant is also capable of using Healing Wish, giving Fletchinder a second lease on life chance to sweep. Cacturne is also a decent partner because since (Nooooooo! Never use "since" like that!) it has an (should remain "a") helpful handy immunity to Water-type moves, resists Electric, and is able to threaten Water-types with its Grass-type STAB moves as well as support Fletchinder with Spikes. Fighting-types pair naturally well with Fletchinder, as they have decent synergy and most of them are able to threaten Rock- and Steel-types. Such examples include Sawk, Hariyama, (AC) and Gurdurr. Assault Vest Hariyama is also able to take on some special attackers, such as Rotom, Lanturn, and Samurott, (AC) while Gurdurr is able to set(space)up Bulk Up on Rock- and Steel-types with relative ease. Steel-types in general make for good partners with Fletchinder, as they have good synergy with it, resisting Rock-type moves, so Pokemon, (RC) such as Magneton and Klinklang make great partners; Magneton in particular has a (don't insert "a") fantastic synergy with Fletchinder, (AC) while having as it has the ability to trap opposing Steel-types that (keep "that") trouble Fletchinder Fletchinder has major issues against, such as Klingklang and opposing Magneton. Magneton is also able to force out Water- and Rock-types, such as Kabutops, Carracosta, Rhydon, and Regirock, (AC) with its powerful dual STAB combination, though Magneton cannot safely switch into all of these Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Fletchinder can make use of Overheat, which hits Steel-type such as Ferroseed, Magneton, and Klinklang. Tailwind is a decent support move that has priority and aids any slow teammates. Natural Gift plus a Liechi berry Berry hits Rhydon, Quagsire, and Kabutops with a powerful Grass-type move on the switch, but it comes at the cost of halving Acrobatics' base power making Acrobatics much weaker until it's (add apostrophe) used. U-turn is another option for Fletchinder to retain offensive momentum and switch out of any potential counters and for a teammate to take advantage of, though but because of Fletchinder's horrid Stealth Rock weakness, it cannot switch in and out too much. Taunt is another useful support move to prevent Pokemon from healing or setting up entry hazards, (RC) as it Fletchinder sets up Swords Dance.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types, such as Magneton, Rotom, Stunfisk, (AC) and Lanturn, (AC) take resist Acrobatics very well and, (AC) unlike Rock-types, (AC) do not mind being burned as much while all of them threaten Fletchinder with their Electric STAB moves. Magneton 4x doubly resists Acrobatics and does not care fear about Will-O-Wisp as that much and threatens Fletchinder with its powerful Electric-type STAB attacks. Stunfisk is able to hit back with Discharge and set(space)up Stealth Rock for free against Fletchinder. Lanturn hits back with Scald and also heals can heal burns with Heal Bell.

**Rock-types**: Rock-types, such as Rhydon, Kabutops, Aurorus, (AC) and Carracosta, (AC) take very little damage from Acrobatics, while in return they all OHKO Fletchinder with their Rock-type STAB moves, though most of these Pokemon are crippled by Will-O-Wisp with the exceptions of except for Aurorus and defensive Carracosta. Kabutops is also able to outpace Fletchinder's Acrobatics with Aqua Jet. Carracosta does not mind getting burns burned as much, as it still threatens Fletchinder with Scald, but its Shell Smash set is heavily crippled if it is not holding Lum berry Berry. Probopass 4x doubly resists Acrobatics and OHKOes Fletchinder with Power Gem, but it dislikes being worn down by burns. Archeops resists Acrobatics and is naturally faster, (AC) so it does not have to worry about Will-O-Wisp if it has already safely switched in safely, (AC) and it OHKOes Fletchinder with Stone Edge.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock shaves off half of Fletchinder's HP on the switch-(AH)in, (AC) forcing it to Roost recover off the damage with Roost and making it much easier to take down due to Fletchinder's fragility already being frail.

**Water-types**: Many bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire, Prinplup, (AC) and Pelipper, (AC) are able to take Acrobatics relatively well and retaliate with Scald. Quagsire in particular is a problem for Fletchinder, as it ignores any Swords Dance boosts that Fletchinder has acquired with thanks to Unaware, takes very little damage from Acrobatics, and is able to recover off the damage while in return, threatens threatening Fletchinder with Scald and Toxic.

**Naturally Bulky Pokemon**: Garbodor is a decent answer to Fletchinder, as it wears Fletchinder down with Rocky Helmet, (AC) and as well as Aftermath damage should Fletchinder knock it out and is also able to eliminate any Swords Dance boosts acquired with either Clear Smog or Haze, but Garbodor does not appreciate being burned with Will-O-Wisp. Weezing takes Acrobatics very well and 2HKOes Fletchinder with Sludge Bomb, but dislikes being worn down from burns. Offensive Mega Audino easily tanks even a +2 Acrobatics and retaliates back with Surf. Klinklang resists Acrobatics and is able to avoid Will-O-Wisp with Substitute and proceed to setup boost with Shift Gear on Fletchinder.

Nice work Tricking; I will stamp this.
GP 1/2

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
[OVERVIEW]

Fletchinder looks seemingly mediocre with low stats across the board and a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, but it has access to Gale Wings, which grants priority to all of its Flying-type moves and gives it the strongest priority move in the tier. With Acrobatics, Fletchinder is able to revenge kill a multitude of Pokemon in the tier, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Scyther, and Sawk. It has access to Swords Dance, which allows it to be a good late-game cleaner and, combined with Will-O-Wisp, gives Fletchinder more opportunities to sweep. Fletchinder is also able to stay healthy throughout the match with Roost, which somewhat helps make up for its Stealth Rock weakness. However, its Stealth Rock weakness and low defenses make Fletchinder it very easy to take down, and it also has trouble sweeping if any Pokemon that resists Flying are in is on the opponent's team, such as Magneton, Kabutops, and Rhydon. It also has trouble breaking through several bulky Water-types such as Prinplup and Pelipper, which can retaliate with Scald.

[SET]
item:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Fletchinder's attack Attack to a respectable amount number, allowing it to clean late-game. Acrobatics is Fletchinder's most powerful Flying STAB move, as it has priority thanks to Gale Wings, and it is able to revenge kill many a lot of Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples Steel-, Rock-, and Electric-type switch-ins, such as Magneton and Rhydon, as well as physical attackers in general, allowing Fletchinder to set(space)up set up Swords Dance much more easily and wear down its checks. Roost is a reliable recovery move that eases setup against burned Pokemon and keeps Fletchinder healthy in case it has been damaged by Stealth Rock because it is a reliable recovery move.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack EVs and an Adamant nature allow Fletchinder to hit as hard as possible. The given Speed EVs enable Fletchinder to outspeed neutral base 70 Speed Pokemon, most notably being able to hit Swords Dance Samurott before it uses Aqua Jet. The rest of the EVs goes go into HP to give Fletchinder a little more bulk and to reach an odd HP number so that it is able to switch into Stealth Rock twice, provided that it hasn't taken any damage previously. Gale Wings is absolutely mandatory, as it gives Fletchinder priority on Acrobatics and Roost. No item is used in order to make Acrobatics fully powered.

Usage Tips
========

Early-game, use Use Will-O-Wisp early-game to wear down any checks or counters on the switch. Once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened, use Swords Dance on a Pokemon that cannot deal much damage in return and sweep with priority Acrobatics. Keep Fletchinder healthy throughout the match with Roost, especially after switching in when Stealth Rock is up. Make sure to keep Fletchinder alive when facing weather teams, as it is able to revenge kill many Pokemon on sun and rain teams, such as Exeggutor, Sawsbuck, Victreebel, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath. Fletchinder should also be kept healthy if there are any setup sweepers or offensive threats that it is able to revenge kill.

Team Options
========

Because Fletchinder is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, entry hazard control is crucial. Kabutops, in particular, is able to get past Rock-types that give Fletchinder a hard time while having access to Rapid Spin, though it is worth noting that both of them share an Electric weakness. Another good entry hazard remover is Prinplup, which is able to Defog away entry hazards and set up Stealth Rock, as well as take on Pokemon that trouble Fletchinder, such as Kabutops and Rhydon. While Xatu does not have the greatest synergy with Fletchinder, it is able to easily discourage the use of Stealth Rock while also possibly bouncing them back at the opponent's team. If Fletchinder is paired with Xatu, it is strongly recommended to pair them with a Pokemon that is able to switch in on Rock- and Electric-type moves, such as Rhydon, Torterra, and Magneton. Ground-types such as Stunfisk, Torterra, and Rhydon can switch in on Electric- and Rock-type moves aimed at Fletchinder and threaten with their STAB attacks. The former two are also able to setup Stealth Rock to support Fletchinder, while Magneton is able to bring Fletchinder in safely via Volt Switch.

Grass-types are also good partners, as most of them have good synergy with Fletchinder while also having the ability to threaten Pokemon that give it trouble. Lilligant is a great partner, as it is able to put Fletchinder's checks, such as Lanturn and Carracosta, to sleep with Sleep Powder, set up on them with Quiver Dance, or force them out with its Grass-type attacks. Lilligant is also capable of using Healing Wish, giving Fletchinder a second chance to sweep. Cacturne is also a decent partner because it has a helpful immunity to Water-type moves, resists Electric, and is able to threaten Water-types with its Grass-type STAB moves as well as support Fletchinder with Spikes. Fighting-types pair naturally well with Fletchinder, as they have decent synergy and most of them are able to threaten Rock- and Steel-types. Such examples include Sawk, Hariyama, and Gurdurr. Assault Vest Hariyama is also able to take on some special attackers, such as Rotom, Lanturn, and Samurott, while Gurdurr is able to set up Bulk Up on Rock- and Steel-types with relative ease. Steel-types in general make for good partners with Fletchinder, as they have good synergy with it, resisting Rock-type moves, so Pokemon such as Magneton and Klinklang make great partners; Magneton in particular has fantastic synergy with Fletchinder, as it has the ability to trap opposing Steel-types that Fletchinder has major issues against, such as Klingklang and opposing Magneton. Magneton is also able to force out Water- and Rock-types, such as Kabutops, Carracosta, Rhydon, and Regirock, with its powerful dual STAB combination, though Magneton cannot safely switch into all of these Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Fletchinder can make use of Overheat, which hits Steel-types such as Ferroseed, Magneton, and Klinklang. Tailwind is a decent support move, (AC) it that has priority, (AC) and it aids any slow teammates. Natural Gift plus a Liechi Berry hits Rhydon, Quagsire, and Kabutops with a powerful Grass-type move on the switch, but it comes at the cost of halving Acrobatics' base power Base Power until it's used. U-turn is another option for Fletchinder to retain offensive momentum and switch out of any potential counters for a teammate to take advantage of, but because of Fletchinder's horrid Stealth Rock weakness, (RC) it cannot switch in and out too much because of Fletchinder's horrid Stealth Rock weakness. Taunt is another useful support move to prevent Pokemon from healing or setting up entry hazards as Fletchinder sets up Swords Dance.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Electric-types, such as Magneton, Rotom, Stunfisk, and Lanturn, resist Acrobatics and, unlike Rock-types, do not mind being burned as much while all of them threaten Fletchinder with their STAB moves. Magneton doubly resists is 4x resistant to Acrobatics, (AC) and does not fear Will-O-Wisp that much, (AC) and threatens Fletchinder with its powerful Electric-type STAB attacks. Stunfisk is able to hit back with Discharge and set(space)up set up Stealth Rock for free against Fletchinder. Lanturn hits back with Scald and also can heal burns with Heal Bell.

**Rock-types**: Rock-types, such as Rhydon, Kabutops, Aurorus, and Carracosta, take very little damage from Acrobatics, while and in return, (AC) they all OHKO Fletchinder with their Rock-type STAB moves, though most of these Pokemon are crippled by Will-O-Wisp except for Aurorus and defensive Carracosta. Kabutops is also able to outpace Fletchinder's Acrobatics with Aqua Jet. Carracosta does not mind getting burned as much, as it still threatens Fletchinder with Scald, but its Shell Smash set is heavily crippled if it is not holding Lum Berry. Probopass doubly resists is 4x resistant to Acrobatics and OHKOes Fletchinder with Power Gem, but it dislikes being worn down by burns. Archeops resists Acrobatics and is naturally faster, so it does not have to worry about Will-O-Wisp if it has alreadyched already switched in safely, and it OHKOes Fletchinder with Stone Edge.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock shaves off half of Fletchinder's HP on the switch-in switch, forcing it to recover off the damage with Roost and making it much easier to take down due to Fletchinder's fragility.

**Water-types**: Many bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire, Prinplup, and Pelipper, are able to take Acrobatics relatively well and retaliate with Scald. Quagsire in particular is a problem for Fletchinder, as it ignores any Swords Dance boosts that Fletchinder has acquired thanks to Unaware, takes very little damage from Acrobatics, and is able to recover off the damage while threatening Fletchinder with Scald and Toxic.

**Naturally Bulky Pokemon**: Garbodor is a decent answer to Fletchinder, as it wears Fletchinder down with Rocky Helmet, as well as Aftermath damage should Fletchinder knock it out and is also able to eliminate any Swords Dance boosts acquired with either Clear Smog or Haze, but Garbodor does not appreciate being burned with Will-O-Wisp. Weezing takes Acrobatics very well and 2HKOes Fletchinder with Sludge Bomb, but it dislikes being worn down from burns. Offensive Mega Audino easily tanks even a +2 Acrobatics and retaliates back with Surf. Klinklang resists Acrobatics and is able to avoid Will-O-Wisp with Substitute and proceed to boost with Shift Gear on Fletchinder.
[GP 2/2]
Hootie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)