ORAS LC *Flex Flex* (LC FightSpam)

~~(o3o)~~

Yo! As you could probably guess, I came here for some team critique. I'm not one to waste time with elaborate back-stories, so I'll get into it in just a quick moment. I just wanted to try a load of different type spam teams, since they force me to carefully consider checks, counters and support. However my careful consideration and craftsmanship was overtaken by the desire to make people hate me, so the team is super fun but not optimal. So I wanted to ask for help on making it legitimately good. On that note, away we go!

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. People like to play/build teams to music, so I though I would too. I could post some Nu Metal or something, but I'll post something a little more relaxing for the sake of it. How does some Liquid DnB sound?

I wanted my fightspam core to be centred around Scraggy and Timburr. Scraggy's interesting Dark secondary typing and access to dragon dance made him a local favourite of mine, whilst Timburr's priority and better bulk made him a suitable contingency plan whilst beating more passive mons that Scraggy dislikes. Mostly however, I chose these two because I get super pissy about status, and with Shed Skin and Guts respectively I couldn't give a shitfist.

After that I included an offensive hazard Archen. It gave me a half decent fletch check whilst maintaining solid offensive pressure and reliably setting rocks. Role compression is my jam, y'know?

At this point my team might as well bend over to Abra and take it. So I wanted a decent pursuiter. Also defog and Memento were cool af. Thus, I went with the OG smelly thing.

I eventually put on Abra myself, since there were significant threats I couldn't deal with without a different kind of muscle. Abra is a great glue mon that threatens fighting and poison types that trouble me whilst dealing with physical walls across the board.

Lastly I included Cottonee to spread paralysis with Stun Spore, encore status users so they become fodder and get good momentum with Memento. Whilst I very much liked these elements, I didn't really need them per se, and realised I need a more consistent fairy check and a better way to deal with Snivy, so I switch the cottonball out for the Fun Guy.

Gym Shorts (Scraggy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

One of my favourite Pokemon in LC lately, Scraggy is a super powerful and very easy to use sweeper. Taking relatively little effort to use, it can outspeed the whole unboosted meta at +1 and all scarfers at +2 speed. It becomes a rage monster after a few boosts, with High Jump Kick OHKOing a tonne of the meta, including frail resistant threats. I went with DDance over BU because the bulk side was already going to go to the more suitable Timburr. Eviolite to make setting DD easily, since after a boost or two it picks up almost all relative KOs without LO anyway, so I prefer making my life easier. It also allows it survive an unboosted full power Acro from Fletch at full and possibly KO with HJK. Shed Skin allows Scraggy to set up on unsuspecting passive shitmons that think they can burn or para and be done with it. Drain Punch is pseudo-recovery, healing up chip damage. Knock Off is naturally there for Ghosts and maintains itself as a fairly powerful STAB regardless. It's allow useful for removing Eviolites from Fairies or other fighting switch ins on Timburr's behalf. I went with the alternative stronger STAB HJK over coverage because I like being able to heavily dent switch ins regardless of type after a boost, but it also acts as a great way to deal with bulkier neutral mosn that could live the previous STABs and do heavy damage in return.

ISkippedLegDay (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

The backup wincon and my main way of muscling past bulky mons with massive muscle mass. I don't use Timburr that much, I was never really a fan. but now I can see that it has it's uses and has started to grow on me. His higher bulk compared to the other Fighting types makes him an ideal candidate for this team, plus his unpredictable sets/abilities make him a maverick early game. I again went with the Eviolite to sponge hits and make the boosting easier. Bulk Ups Defence increase makes it useful against many weaker physical attackers, using them to get an easy boost. More passive mons in general hate this thing, as it baits them like a master. Guts stops status from being a massive problem by trading speed/health for easier wallbreaking. Drain Punch is to heal off puny chip damage and somewhat alleviating burn/poison whilst Mach Punch is a great way to break sashes and finish weakened foes. Knock Off + Mach Punch does wonders on wearing down a fighting counter for scraggy to abuse.

KawKa? (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Archen is usually my lead, and I use it to quickly place down stealth rock and gain some early damage against the opponent. However, Archen's versatility means it doesn't end there. I can easily bring Archen back off and use it throughout the match. It's high speed and impressive offensive prowess let it soft check threats like Fletching throughout a match, and dealing good damage with it's range of coverage moves. Berry Juice to obviously bring it out of Defeatist and make it less weak to Stealth Rock. EVs are there to optimize bulk whilst being very fast, although I doubt this is an optimal spread, so some help on that would be nice.

SilentButViolent (Stunky)@ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
- Sludge Bomb

Added mainly as a fullproof way of removing Abra from the equation, Stunky does just that - almost every time. Pursuit + Sucker Punch easily eliminates Abra as well as Gothita and most other psychic types. I originally had Defog over Sludge Bomb, but since Archen was the only one who actually suffered from Stealth Rocks and I can reliably stop spikes users, I didn't need it too much, so Fairy coverage was added. Memento because I like people hating me on ladder. Also makes it super easy for Scraggy to get a boost under it's belt. Wait, we should really get Scraggy a belt. It can't be comfortable walking around with that skin skirt or whatever it is...

Panty Raid (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Bread and gluey Butter. Sticky and delicious. Sashbra is a perfect way to emergency counter a lot of offensive mons. There isn't really much to say other than it synergies well with the vast amount of dark, steel and Spdef normal types being ruined by Team Flex and opposing psychic types. I was thinking of using TWave to cripple switch ins, but it doesn't have that many switch ins regardless so whatever. [/hide]

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 160 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Foongus is my primary way of dealing with Snivy and grass types generally. It can pivot in and out almost freely with regenerator, making it long lasting and pivotal (huehue) to my teams success in dealing with major threats. It also sponges many water and electric type moves, which is very nice generally. The EVs give it optimal bulk all around whilst giving it half decent power behinds it's STABs. Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain allow it to do damage whilst pivoting from/into grass, water and electric types. Spore gives free turns a plenty which the set up sweepers really appreciate. HP Fire deals with other Foongus and steels.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 160 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Hello.

Fighting Spam is an archetype which I love, so I give you props for that, my man. I'll try to provide advice while maintaining as much originality as I can.

Your team is incredibly weak to Flying-Types once Archen goes down. Thus, I recommend making the switch from Stunky < Honedge . Honedge doubles down on flying checks while maintaining the Pursuit trapper that you desire. It also keeps up the pressure on Fairy-Types, and has Priority in the form of Shadow Sneak to pick off weakened threats or to stop weakened sweepers in an emergency. As possibly the biggest boon it has over Stunky, it cannot be trapped by the notorious Diglett.
Next, you are lacking a proper Drifloon check, so once it comes in you are going to have a beyond rough day. This can be helped with the change of Scarf Chinchou > Abra . Chinchou will function for your team as the Revenge Killer alongside providing much appreciated backup resists to fire and water, and also gives you a resists to the semi-uncommon Ice-Typed attacks.
I also highly recommend using the standard effort value spreads on your Pokemon. I don't really see your current ones doing anything major for your team, and the standards are called such for a reason. Scraggy very much so appreciates being able to outspeed the 14 scarfers after a boost, and the added physical bulk helps against priority users looking to stop your sweep; Foongus doesn't need to bolster its offensive capabilities to perform its role properly. On the topic of the latter, I would to make a small suggestion of The Almighty Yellow Magic (Stun Spore) --> HP Fire. This is because Fighting-Spam breaks steels like paper-mâché, and opposing Foongus are pressured by the rest of your team, and immediately threatened by Archen once it consumes Berry Juice, especially once it's lost its item, which it will most likely be having happening due to your multiple users of Knock Off. Stun Spore also provides a method of speed control for your team, which is always good to have in a tier like LC.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 Hp / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe (You can use the standard EV spread if you'd like, but I prefer this one :D)
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

I hope that I could help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)