Flying Fairy Team. OU | Standard

this is a togekiss team of mine, i think ive planned out the necessary support this time. its my favorite poke and i want a team involving it but its hard bc its not the fastest and its weak to common moves.

At a glance...

In some detail

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Icebeam
-Roar

standard mixpert, good lead i think. eq and ice beam allow for alotta coverage. and i can roar away potential baton passers and spikers. i usually end up setting up rocks on the first move regardless then roaring regardless (if im not asleep) the lack of speed kinda bugs me, but then i got something incase of a surprise trick room. making it relaxed and maxing hp makes it be able to handle alot of stuff, only being OHKO'd by a stab grass knot/leaf storm (barring somekind of stat decreases) its also a good thing to keep around into the late game, often ive been tricked scarfed. i really dont mind firing off fast stab earthquakes bc usually i can realize that smeargles, jirachis, rotoms are gonna try somthing crazy. 97% of the time its able to set up rocks effectively then roar away anything hoping to gain stats.

..synergy..
Grass --> togekiss, jirachi, celebi

list of lead threats
-Azelf -SR just in case they don't Taunt. If they do, stay in one round and Ice Beam. Then, switch to starmie to take the explosion.
-Metagross - SR first. can stay in and EQ it
-Swampert - SR, then switch to celebi, twave on the switch out
-Aerodactyl - Ice Beam when they Taunt its a 3HKO.
-Jirachi - SR first. Twave can't do anything, and Iron Head doesn't do much. If they run Trick Scarf Variants, take the scarf. If they don't you can either EQ or Roar when you predict a U-Turn.
-Infernape - go to starmie to take the Fake Out, or just have Swampert take it. The nice thing about LeadApes is that not many of them carry Grass Knot, which would rip a swampert. and even if it did it wouldnt be stab and id be able to live one at least
-Roserade - celebi to take the sleep, then switch to starmie and cure celebi then let starmie spin and wave.
-Smeargle - Switch to celebi to take the Spore. Then go back to Swampert and Roar .
-Hippowdon - eh SR then beam it then bring in starmie to blow away rocks.
-Tyranitar - SR, then EQ.
-Gliscor - Ice Beam, as they will always Taunt.
-Bronzong - SR, then you have a ton of options. You can go to take the explosion explode, or you can stay in and wait for them to switch, as most Bronzong leads are on Trick Room teams
-Crobat - try SR hoping no taunt so it cant come back and then just ice beam it up

Celebi @ Life Orb
Modest Nature | Natural Cure
232 HP | 252 SAtk | 32 Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Thunder Wave
-Recover

im going with the offensive set here bc i need to have a way to take out scizors. leaf storm stab is a great hit and thunder wave recover is for the team support. i really like the recover + twave + natural cure for team support and the spA for the ability to take out anything thats not a specs heatran or latias. the little bit of speed ev's allow it to outrun common 100 basers that dont invest ev's. i usually end up switching into celebi whenever i feel a WoW or toxic from a blissey. life orb and the spA ev's allow me to be able to just fire away with leaf storm even if its not super effective, and i love having a strong attacker thats not choiced.

..synergy..
Fire --> swampert, starmie
Flying--> swampert, jirachi
Bug--> togekiss, machamp
Dark-->machamp, togekiss

machamp @ leftovers
Adamant | No Guard
252 ATTK | 212 HP | 44 SPE
-dynamic punch
-payback
-stone edge
-substitute

confusion, payback the ghost switch in. sub on the switch out= cause some rucuss (?). the ev's let it outspeed the vaunted blissey and other such base speed walls. its pretty much essential for a team with a flying fariy. i like the sub bc many times mence and gyara have DD'd when they saw a machamp so sub to take whatever then hit with a 100% accuracy stone edge. often i use dynamic punch when its not super effective just as a great wall/set up crippler (fortress, skarmory, suicune). it could be hard to successfully get up a sub bc many opponents will stay in and try to cause neutral damage for a knock out. i know this is strange, but this machamp is my main rotom counter. i cant stand when it whips out a will o wisp, but if it doesnt carry that, then im coming out on top.

..synergy..
Psychic--> jirachi, celebi
Flying--> jirachi, swampert

starmie @ leftovers
Timid | Natural Cure
252 SPE | 176 DEF | 80 HP
-thunder wave
-recover
-surf
-rapid spin

im not sure why, but starmie always comes to be the fulcrom of my team. i know starmie can do alot better than this in terms of attack, but im not using this as an attacker whatsoever. im using this as a pure team supporter. again natural cure + recover + twave = major togekiss help, not to mention spin. i think support wise starmie is essential to have on a team with a togekiss. stab surf even here is amazing. the only pokes that completely stop this starmie from being successful are jolteon, rotom, and electivire, which swampert or machamp can easily handle.i really like having rapid spin on a defensive starmie as opposed to on a LO one, and recover, when used correctly, is invaluable to me.i often switch into starmie on a kill switch and twave whatever the opponent happens to be, then bring in either togekiss or celebi to do their deals. i kinda wish it could learn an attack like seismic toss that could take away a definite amount of damage or can definitely take away damage every turn (not toxic bc this is a paralysis team).

..synergy..
Electric--> swampert
Grass--> jirachi, celebi, togekiss
Bug-->togekiss, machamp
Dark-->machamp, togekiss
Ghost--> togekiss

Jirachi @ choice scarf
jolly | serene grace
80hp | 252 attk| 176 spe
-fire punch
-ice punch
-iron head
-thunderpunch

despite being told im a noob on shoddy for using a flinch jirachi its a pretty good idea, especially if starmie/celebi already set up paralysis. this has great coverage and i really like the heightened chance of flinch/freeze/burn. and scarf allows me to outspeed many potential counters and its typing allows me to come in on every priority attack and not be damaged much. the only thing that bothers me is that this set is based on luck (more than strategic planning), which i guess shouldnt be a base for a poke but hey its part of the game.i need thunderpunch to revenge kill gyarados, tentacruels, and starmies. it also comes in handy when trying to stop a toxic/protect/wish vaporeon. i just like having a jirachi bc theres so many variations of it that your opponent has a hard time of guessing what to send out, and scarfing it makes the switch in so much more daunting.

..synergy..
Fire--> swampert, starmie
Ground--> togekiss, swampert

togekiss @ Lum Berry
Modest | Serene Grace
252 SPE | 104 HP | 152 SPA
-nasty plot
-air slash
-aura sphere
-roost

i twisted around the ev's from smogon. after a nasty plot, the spA will be great enough that i wont need the extra 100ev's in it. hopefully by the time this gets out, rocks will be gone, pokes will be paralyzed and there wont be any scarfed latias, kingdra, zapdos, or fully functional special walls looming about. i need the lum berry just in case and roost is just to cover my butt if perhaps i meet a ice fang gyarados that lives a NP air slash and doesnt flinch or whatever. i kinda wanna take advantage of togekiss' unique ability more (serene grace) but this set seems to cover enough
a pretty standard moveset with somewhat jumbled ev's. here's the magic... two options: have some other poke on the team that can reliably paralyze the offending poke, or bring in "tkiss" and paralyze. now once the electric enemy is paralyzed, tkiss will deff outspeed them and thanks to high HP and natural spD bulk, it will survive a stab thunderbolt with about 37% HP left, the tactic is to be sure the foe's paralyzed then roost up till you get to 75+% HP, then get off a nasty plot.( it also helps to maybe get some parahax along the way) do this at least twice (3 if youre feeling ambitious) then air slash it up. with two plots up it will do 40% to a specially defensive zapdos and almost 60% to a physically defensive one while getting near 70% for an offensive one. with rotom, a 2x NP stab air slash will top 40% on a rest talker, while smashing a choice one by 80%. i know these numbers are merely borderline convincing but when you count in paraflinch, the opponent will only be attacking 34% of the time so the idea becomes that much sweeter. ive used this tactic effectively many times in shoddy battle and it surprises me and my opponenet every time.

..synergy..
Ice--> jirachi, starmie, swampert
Electric--> swampert
Rock--> swampert, jirachi

here they are one more time...

thank you to everyone who helped so far. i made this team on shoddy so if anyone wants to help me via battle, pm me or something =]. a threat are rain dance teams and ludicolo's in particular; if its not paralyzed i need to watch out especially if theres a kingdra coming up next. jirachi can resist these two but its not gonna attack first and its moves arent gonna be dealing any huge damage. celebi can come in but its not gonna like a rain danced stabed hydro pump (47.5% - 56.3%), and then leaf storm could kill based on what kind of ludicolo it is (90%-106% for offensive; 56.9%-67% for stall). ive found that many times, i dont even get to togekiss. parafusionflinch is one hell of an amazing combo, regardless of walls or typing and accusations of cheapness or noobiness (?). and for the record, in no way does this team absolutely rely on luck. i use paralysis heavily for speed mostly. the hax just comes as i does, i dont twave in hopes that my foe will not attack, i just want to make them slow enough for togekiss to sweep. and the flinching jirachi, iron head is a stab move why would i not use it? same with air slash on kiss.

also, ive been having issues with any sort of heatran once swampert and starmie are gone. i thought they would be able to cover heatrans but when they come in the late game it causes problems. especially scarfed ones, they are alot more powerful than i thought. do you think i should focus some EV's into special defense on togekiss to be able to take a fire blast? i have no idea how it happens, but its like my opponent knows that he just has to take out swampert and starmie then heatran can sweep its happened multiple consecutive times

With Swampert able to take out opposing Roserades with Avalanche, well, I highly doubt that will happen. Roserade will OHKO a Swampert. And with your Leaf Storm question, if you use it, get the SpA drop, and swap out, your SpA will return to normal. With your Swampert EV's, you could stand to make him more defensive. Swampert doesn't need the Attack EV's to make him effective in taking out pokemon.

Your stats return to normal when you switch out a Pokemon. I think your EV spread for Swampert doesn't really do your team any benefit, Swampert's purpose is better served as a tank.
Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Icebeam
-Roar
This way you have something that can withstand Tyranitar's powerful attacks (seeing as how Tyranitar hits 4 of your pokes for super effective stabs. Also I am curious as to why you added Mamoswine, you stated that it serves as your revenge killer but I don't see why you would need one. If Swampert is at good health he should be able to switch in on DD Mence and threaten to OHKO w/ Icebeam, really Mamoswine can only revenge kill dragons if they are locked in Outrage. Also you have 2 Pokemon that provide paralysis support so I really see no need in priority attacks such as Ice shard. Jirachi would make a much better revenge killer because not only does it resist dragon, but the Iron Head flinch combined with paralysis support is golden.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SPe
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-U-turn/Trick
The last move is up to your preference, U-turn is very good for scouting, like if they switch into Gyarados you can simply throw in Starmie and paralyze it. Trick is useful to cripple those walls that block your physical attacks such as Standard Rotom-H and Skarmory.

Swampert should be running Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Attack. Ice Beam is superior to Avalanche because it deals more consistent damage and is more easily able to kill Salamence. Leaf Storm's SpA drop will disappear after it switches out, but since your Celebi is needed to get rid of Gyarados, which nothing else can really come in on, I'd suggest switching it to the more defensive Bold 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed variant and running Grass Knot over Leaf Storm. Grass Knot will have 120 Power against Gyarados, but will always hit and will not result in the detrimental SpA drops, allowing you to easily 2HKO or paralyze an offensive variant. The added bulk also allows you to take far less damage from a CB Scizor Bullet Punch and OHKO back with Hidden Power Fire, which is helpful since the rest of your team, especially Togekiss, does not like to contend with Scizor. Machamp only needs 8 Speed EVs to outspeed Blissey, so you can throw the rest into HP for slightly stronger Substitutes. Starmie can run slightly more offensive EVs since Celebi can now take on Gyarados with the extra bulk. Starmie could run 216 Speed / 120 Special attack / 174 HP so that it can KO Heatran after 2 switches into Stealth Rock. Mamoswine might work better with a Jolly Nature and Life Orb as the extra speed allows it to outrun Lucario and the ability to switch attacks could be a godsend, especially if they switch Salamence into your Earthquake. That's the only situation where Salamence could really set up on your team since pretty much every Pokemon outside of Togekiss has a way to deal with it. You're probably not going to be using Ice Fang very much, so switching it with Roar might be useful for racking up Stealth Rock damage, making it easier for Togekiss to sweep. One Pokemon can really do heavy damage to this team is SpecsJolteon if it runs Hidden Power Grass (which most do). With careful switching, you could get around it, but one wrong move could doom you since it can OHKO every Pokemon on your team outside of Celebi and Machamp (both of whom it can 2HKO). Mamoswine's Ice Shard only manages an average of 50% on it, so you'd have to get a lot of prior damage on it. Machamp can deal with it behind a sub, but more likely than not, you're going to lose one Pokemon to it. It's not common enough to worry too much about, but just keep that in mind.

Swampert should be running Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Attack. Ice Beam is superior to Avalanche because it deals more consistent damage and is more easily able to kill Salamence. Leaf Storm's SpA drop will disappear after it switches out, but since your Celebi is needed to get rid of Gyarados, which nothing else can really come in on, I'd suggest switching it to the more defensive Bold 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed variant and running Grass Knot over Leaf Storm. Grass Knot will have 120 Power against Gyarados, but will always hit and will not result in the detrimental SpA drops, allowing you to easily 2HKO or paralyze an offensive variant. The added bulk also allows you to take far less damage from a CB Scizor Bullet Punch and OHKO back with Hidden Power Fire, which is helpful since the rest of your team, especially Togekiss, does not like to contend with Scizor. Machamp only needs 8 Speed EVs to outspeed Blissey, so you can throw the rest into HP for slightly stronger Substitutes. Starmie can run slightly more offensive EVs since Celebi can now take on Gyarados with the extra bulk. Starmie could run 216 Speed / 120 Special attack / 174 HP so that it can KO Heatran after 2 switches into Stealth Rock. Mamoswine might work better with a Jolly Nature and Life Orb as the extra speed allows it to outrun Lucario and the ability to switch attacks could be a godsend, especially if they switch Salamence into your Earthquake. That's the only situation where Salamence could really set up on your team since pretty much every Pokemon outside of Togekiss has a way to deal with it. You're probably not going to be using Ice Fang very much, so switching it with Roar might be useful for racking up Stealth Rock damage, making it easier for Togekiss to sweep. One Pokemon can really do heavy damage to this team is SpecsJolteon if it runs Hidden Power Grass (which most do). With careful switching, you could get around it, but one wrong move could doom you since it can OHKO every Pokemon on your team outside of Celebi and Machamp (both of whom it can 2HKO). Mamoswine's Ice Shard only manages an average of 50% on it, so you'd have to get a lot of prior damage on it. Machamp can deal with it behind a sub, but more likely than not, you're going to lose one Pokemon to it. It's not common enough to worry too much about, but just keep that in mind.
Don't listen to him about the whole Celebi thing, if you go the physical defensive set you will not, I repeat, will not OHKO Scizor with HP fire. You are fine with the offensive set, Starmie needs to take on a bulky set anyways because you need that rapid spin support so Togekiss can switch in more often.

Your descriptions aren't up to par. PM me with updated descriptions and i'll unlock.
thanks to august for unlocking, i have made some changes and posted new descriptions/ideas of things to do with the team. tell me what you think, thanks.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this is a very nice team, and its great to see Togekiss getting some love.

The first thing that I notice about your team is how your team can struggle with some setup sweepers. Swords Dance Lucario can sweep your team relatively easily once Jirachi goes down, and the same goes for Dragon Dance Salamence. Also, nothing on your team can really switch into Gengar, barring Togekiss who will take heavy damage from a Life Orb boosted Thunderbolt the next turn. Gyarados can also be very problematic for your team once it gets a Dragon Dance, as the only one out of all your Pokemon that has a chance at stopping Adamant Gyarados is Swampert.

So there are some things that I would do to fix this. Firstly, I would try using a Choice Scarf Rotom-H in place of Celebi. While I realize that Celebi is important to your team due to it using Thunder Wave, thats about all I see it doing for your team. You say that it gets rid of Scizor, but Jirachi's resistance to Bullet Punch + its Fire Punch allow it to take out Scizor relatively easily. Choice Scarf Rotom-H on the other hand can be very beneficial to your team, as it can reliably revenge kill any Swords Dance Lucario by using Overheat. It can also outspeed Dragon Dance Gyarados after it gets one Dragon Dance and OHKO it with Thunderbolt. It can take down Gengar as well with its STAB Shadow Ball, as with a Choice Scarf it outspeeds it. The only problem is that it still cannot switch into a Shadow Ball so Gengar will still get at least one kill, but the fact that you now h+ave two Pokemon to reliably revenge it makes it less of a concern. Scarf Jirachi + Scarf Rotom allows to to check a great many threats.

You could always try a Bulk Up Machamp set if you're looking for a backup sweeper. With Thunder Wave support it can be an absolute monster, and it can easily set up a Bulk Up against the many Pokemon that will switch out of it such as Tyranitar and Blissey (just to name a few common ones). Bulk Up is very cool as it allows you to boost both your attack and defense, and so you can take physical attacks much more easily while dishing out major damage. Just use the same moves you're using now, but with Bulk Up over Substitute. Also, go for an EV spread of 252 HP | 128 Atk | 128 Spe. This allows you to outspeed standard Skarmory and bash it with Dynamicpunch before it can get you with Brave Bird.

Hope I helped, and just drop me a PM if you have any questions regarding my suggestions :)

Don't listen to him about the whole Celebi thing, if you go the physical defensive set you will not, I repeat, will not OHKO Scizor with HP fire. You are fine with the offensive set, Starmie needs to take on a bulky set anyways because you need that rapid spin support so Togekiss can switch in more often.
Lol, of course a Defensive Celebi will never OHKO Scizor with HP[Fire], this is where Jirachi comes in. Jirachi resists Scizor's Bullet Punch, which is good. And his Jirachi has Fire Punch, the move to take down Scizor. So, making your Celebi defensive is a good choice.

On your Jirachi, you can try Thunderpunch to solve your problems against Bulky-Water and other water types, adding coverage. With Choice Scarf you can outspeed +1 Jolly Gyarados and OHKO it with Thunderpunch, 67.67% - 79.76% with -1 Attack. Now with that kind of coverage you can hit every single pokemon in the OU Metagame.

That's all I can do for now, Hope this helps!! Good Luck!!

thanks guys, im deff adding in

Rotom-H @ choice scarf
Timid nature (+spe -attk)
252 SPE | 252 spA | 4 HP
~Overheat
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Trick

in place of celebi as it is now. and i will try that Bulk Up machamp set. but then im in a bit of quandary with how to take out swamperts. and ive really really been having trouble taking down any kind of heatran when swampert and starmie are gone, if anyone has any suggestions for that that would be awesome, thank you.

Zapdos can do some serious damage there
^ That was the best rate ever. I love you. Will you teach me your ways? T_T

Leave trolling inside Firebot please. Kay thanks.

Anyways, I'm just gonna go ahead and extrapolate on the above user's post to help patch your said "Zapdos weakness."

You have a really fine answer to it already, in the name of Machamp. But if you still fear Zapdos, you can shove a Tyranitar on your team. Tyranitar can resist every single one of Zapdos' moves (HP Grass is at most a 2HKO) while Stone Edge turns Zapdos from Big Bird to Big Mess. You can put Tyranitar over Machamp if you want. Either the CB or Scarf variants should suffice.

That's all I have to say.

^ That was the best rate ever. I love you. Will you teach me your ways? T_T

Leave trolling inside Firebot please. Kay thanks.

Anyways, I'm just gonna go ahead and extrapolate on the above user's post to help patch your said "Zapdos weakness."

You have a really fine answer to it already, in the name of Machamp. But if you still fear Zapdos, you can shove a Tyranitar on your team. Tyranitar can resist every single one of Zapdos' moves (HP Grass is at most a 2HKO) while Stone Edge turns Zapdos from Big Bird to Big Mess. You can put Tyranitar over Machamp if you want. Either the CB or Scarf variants should suffice.

That's all I have to say.
thanks for the advice. i have considered that the pros are its resistance to zapdos, its great defense, and the spD from ss. now ss really ruins togekiss' chances at sweeping and i like the confusion caused by machamp. but i will put ttar in and see how it works. but in general, ive been having trouble with entry hazards. granted i have a great stalling spinner but in the rare case starmie goes down early, spikes and SR really put a damper on my victory hopes. does anyone have any suggestions about a poke to put taunt on or perhaps another spinner? or just not let starmie go down easy and get better at predicting? thanks:toast:

Responding to the PM!

Each individual set seems to work well, but I see a few key threats that haven't been covered.

Problem:
I would assume that your largest threat would be Sub-Bounce Gyarados. Why? Gyarados is capable of setting up on 3 of your pokemon, Celebi (after a Leaf Storm), Swampert, and Jirachi on any move. A substitute will create an immunity to status, which your team is based on. After the Substitute is up, and He gets a Dragon Dance, a simple set of Bounce/Waterfall will be able to sweep your team easily when Swampert is weakened (or Tricked a Choice Item, which he is prone for).
Remedy: I can not see Trick on Jirachi doing much for your team. The pokemon that would generally come in on Jirachi are Heatran (already covered by Starmie), and Infernape (again, covered by Starmie). By tricking a Scarf onto these pokemon, you provide your opponent with a fantastic Revenge killer. Plus, you lose one of the best in the business. I would recommend Thunderpunch over Trick on Jirachi.
How does this work? All Gyarados are outsped by Scarfachi after a Dragon Dance and are KOed by Thunderpunch. With minimum Evs in Hp, Gyarados has the opportunity to be OHKOed by Thunderpunch after intimidate, with intimidate.

Gyarados: Adamant, 156HP/96DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 80%~95.1%; KO with SR
Gyarados: Adamant, 4HP/0DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 100.3% Minimum

Just a side note:

Tentacruel: Calm, 252HP/120DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 45.6%~53.8%
Starmie: Timid, 4HP/0DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 60.3%~71%
Starmie: Timid, 136HP/156DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 44.7%~52.9% , 2HKO with Leftovers and SR.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Hey, this is a nice team with an interesting concept, but I have a few suggestions.

First, I'd switch your Machamp to a Resttalk variant. Machamp is your main form of defense against pokemon like Blissey, Scizor, and Tyranitar, but without any form of recovery you're going to be beaten down fairly easily. I'd try out this set:

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 108 HP/144 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback/Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Machamp makes a great Resttalker, and its typing is well-suited to take hits from the likes of Scizor and Tyranitar. The EVs give Machamp a considerable amount of Bulk, while still retaining a lot of firepower. The second slot is up to you, though for your team I'd go for Payback since you have trouble dealing with Rotom-A. While I'd recommend this EV spread for its ability to take physical hits better, a simple spread of 252 Hp/252 Atk can work as well.

As for other options, I'd recommend you make your Celebi set faster to get the jump on Heatran and Lucario. 72 Hp/252 SpAtk/180 Spe ensures you outrun all positive base 90's, but you can go as high as 220 if you want to outspeed max speed Gliscor. Now I know you need Thunder Wave to aid Togekiss in its sweep, but I think Earth Power will benefit you greatly in its place. Life Orb Heatran gives you hell right now, and with this set you can surpise your opponent by outspeeding and KO'ing them before they can do any damage.

GL :)

Responding to the PM!

Each individual set seems to work well, but I see a few key threats that haven't been covered.

Problem:
I would assume that your largest threat would be Sub-Bounce Gyarados. Why? Gyarados is capable of setting up on 3 of your pokemon, Celebi (after a Leaf Storm), Swampert, and Jirachi on any move. A substitute will create an immunity to status, which your team is based on. After the Substitute is up, and He gets a Dragon Dance, a simple set of Bounce/Waterfall will be able to sweep your team easily when Swampert is weakened (or Tricked a Choice Item, which he is prone for).
Remedy: I can not see Trick on Jirachi doing much for your team. The pokemon that would generally come in on Jirachi are Heatran (already covered by Starmie), and Infernape (again, covered by Starmie). By tricking a Scarf onto these pokemon, you provide your opponent with a fantastic Revenge killer. Plus, you lose one of the best in the business. I would recommend Thunderpunch over Trick on Jirachi.
How does this work? All Gyarados are outsped by Scarfachi after a Dragon Dance and are KOed by Thunderpunch. With minimum Evs in Hp, Gyarados has the opportunity to be OHKOed by Thunderpunch after intimidate, with intimidate.

Gyarados: Adamant, 156HP/96DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 80%~95.1%; KO with SR
Gyarados: Adamant, 4HP/0DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 100.3% Minimum

Just a side note:

Tentacruel: Calm, 252HP/120DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 45.6%~53.8%
Starmie: Timid, 4HP/0DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 60.3%~71%
Starmie: Timid, 136HP/156DEF vs. Thunderpunch: 44.7%~52.9% , 2HKO with Leftovers and SR.
thank you bluewooper. i have realized the potential and switched trick to thunderpunch on jirachi. this will also help me with extra paralysis.

Hey, this is a nice team with an interesting concept, but I have a few suggestions.

First, I'd switch your Machamp to a Resttalk variant. Machamp is your main form of defense against pokemon like Blissey, Scizor, and Tyranitar, but without any form of recovery you're going to be beaten down fairly easily. I'd try out this set:

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 108 HP/144 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback/Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Machamp makes a great Resttalker, and its typing is well-suited to take hits from the likes of Scizor and Tyranitar. The EVs give Machamp a considerable amount of Bulk, while still retaining a lot of firepower. The second slot is up to you, though for your team I'd go for Payback since you have trouble dealing with Rotom-A. While I'd recommend this EV spread for its ability to take physical hits better, a simple spread of 252 Hp/252 Atk can work as well.

As for other options, I'd recommend you make your Celebi set faster to get the jump on Heatran and Lucario. 72 Hp/252 SpAtk/180 Spe ensures you outrun all positive base 90's, but you can go as high as 220 if you want to outspeed max speed Gliscor. Now I know you need Thunder Wave to aid Togekiss in its sweep, but I think Earth Power will benefit you greatly in its place. Life Orb Heatran gives you hell right now, and with this set you can surpise your opponent by outspeeding and KO'ing them before they can do any damage.

GL :)
thanks RT, i have changed machamp to the restalk version and i have altered celebi's ev spread. knowing that jirachi now has thunderpunch i can afford to make celebi an all out attacker (aside from recover) i can now bring celebi in on a kill switch and earthpower heatrans and lots of other things. the only thing about machamp now tho, is that i lose stone edge and with that zapdos becomes an issue. i cold paralyze with starmie then switch into kiss and work magic but stone edge machamp is often more reliable, but ive been wanting a sleep absorber so i will try this out. thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)