Sports Formula 1

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great effort in the sprint from Hamilton - though he was lucky Alonso held up the others for as long as he did, seems like the Aston is really fast on the straights this weekend so that made him hard to pass - sort of like Albon in recent years - Perez was closing on him super quick at the end. Was a great battle for 3-6, unfortunate what happened to Alonso, was some good hard racing I thought.

What a difference a day makes though. Hamilton 18th and we’re back to a Red Bull front row. Also shout out Carlos for his performance after that crash. Hopefully we can see some good aggressive driving from Hamilton and hopefully Alonso can keep the McLarens and Ferraris behind.

Also yay Ricciardo. Great jobs from Hulk and Bottas too.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Did the entire field have an agreement to terrorize RB this weekend? Crazy to see both drivers become victims of second-degree carslaughter in the same restart. Danny had a real points shot there, but at least my boys over at Haas picked up the pieces!

Pretty solid race besides that, lots of wheel-to-wheel everywhere and it really makes me wish we went here in '22 and '23 when the non-Red Bull parity was even better than it is now. Pretty sure Lando is The Chosen One™ to challenge Max in a couple years atp. Ferrari cannot escape the allegations of being super mid. Williams car really is hopeless if Albon couldn't crack 11th after two SCs and a fistful of retirements. Zhou getting to park on the straight from 14th is pretty cheesy, feels like a dumb attempt to simp the Chinese audience. At least he gets to enjoy what might be the only home race he'll ever get.

Coronis

Impressively round
Disappointing from Sergio. More of a return to norm at Ferrari. Rosberg was absolutely right, Aston screwed Fernando hard. Good showings from Lewis but to be frank he got lucky with all the retirements and incidents. rip RB.

Of the lower 5 teams, Haas seems to be the pacesetter atm, Alpine has definitely caught back up to the pack now. Williams car is hard to rate with Sargeant always having issues and being slow, is Albon still performing excellently as last year but the car is relatively worse or was the car just better last year and he wasn’t doing so great as we all thought?

I also agreed with Crofty in commentary re: points. It would screw up historical statistics but idc, points should be being awarded to all drivers, it certainly would make lower order battles more interesting for both spectator and driver, as well as give teams more incentive to fix their cars and get them back out racing.

Almost all major racing series do this - personally my philosophy is: finishing a race should net something more than not finishing a race.

F1 teams are apparently having a meeting considering giving points down to 12th.

Coronis

Impressively round
can someone assassinate Max Verstappen so that this sport is fun to watch plz and thank you
Hamilton fanboys who are scared of the fast approaching day where Verstappen surpasses him.

But I did seriously wish he wasn’t there in a few races last year. Still hoping Fernando can get another win before career end and Norris can get a win at all.

Norris is now up to 15 podiums without a win. Heidfeld has the most without a win (13) but Irvine, Hakkinen, Alesi and Depailler all had 15. Honestly Norris’ career could look very similar to Hakkinen’s minus an early retirement. He’s also up to 8 second place finishes without a win, tying Heidfeld. (Depallier and Ginther also had 8 second place finishes before they got wins.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hamilton fanboys who are scared of the fast approaching day where Verstappen surpasses him.

But I did seriously wish he wasn’t there in a few races last year. Still hoping Fernando can get another win before career end and Norris can get a win at all.

Norris is now up to 15 podiums without a win. Heidfeld has the most without a win (13) but Irvine, Hakkinen, Alesi and Depailler all had 15. Honestly Norris’ career could look very similar to Hakkinen’s minus an early retirement. He’s also up to 8 second place finishes without a win, tying Heidfeld. (Depallier and Ginther also had 8 second place finishes before they got wins.
dude I hate Hamilton LMAO

Norris deserves a win soon, but I mean in this era it’s gonna be difficult to get one

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Hulk making one final gamble with Audi to improve his fortunes, I gotta respect the man. He'll probably be retired by the time they can win but godspeed regardless. And now the Haas seat is open for whatever hot young talent they want! Not a bad situation for them at all, assuming Kmag can get over his issues from the year so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)