Frozen in fear..an OU RMT that should be better than it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small predicament..oh? Who am I? My origin? That is nothing to be concerned about..I am but nothing but a wandering loner who earns respect from his own through skill of which i have bee lacking of late..nothing more...all I need is the consent an help from smogon and I shall bother you no more..

Anyway, I created a new team sometime ago, that starred the UU assassin Weavile. His power shone through more than expected, tearing down half the meta...mix that with the formidable power of the godly swine and destruction isn't far off...well, that's what I thought. It's losses are more frequent than expected, so I will attempt to bring the issue into your hands.

The basics of the team is this, assemble some useful stallers, use them to set up hazards and weaken the more dangerous aspects of the opposing team, then leave the work up to the sweepers. There is little else to it.. in that case I shall begin...

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch

The most underrated pokemon in OU,weavile is becoming a very dangerous threat to almost everything in OU. Pursuit stops any escape from Psychic or ghosts, trapping such enemy's making the walling easier for the rest of the team. Ice punch and shard are hell for any dragon and almost all ground types, with the exception of Hippo which it still has a very good chance of 2HKOing with Ice punch. Low kick decreases the likelihood of any steel type switching in anytime soon.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

You have seen this guy like a thousand times. No explanation needed really.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Spd / 240 SDef
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

I chose this guy over starmie for it's ability to take more hits tan the Star, and the overall trolling experience. Knock off is just so annoying it's not even funny. Scald for that burn rate on the poison and steels that don't mind spikes. Indeed, deal with it.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Trolls so hard it actually is funny, especially with tenta and weavile taking out virtually all his weakness. Toxic stall combined with poison heal = rage quit. Taunt = Rage Quit x 2 Earthquake = smash computer keyboard up.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

The Ghost of Christmas past has come back. Scarfed to take out any threat, Gengar is one of my Favorited pokemon. He is also like really badass. 'nuff said.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

The almighty Swine has come to bear it's wrath in harmony with the assassin. All shall fall to it and it's brethren.

My session of learning is done..I shall hover over these RMTs for a while now...in attempt to learn the styles and practies of OU..until next time...

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi,

So the descriptions are really lacking on this team at the moment. Don't assume that the rater knows exactly why you chose that Pokemon/Set, and try to explain your reasoning behind the Pokemon/Set. If you would like to see excellent examples of what I mean, it would be best to look at the RMT Archive.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)