Fury of the Storm - A BW Hyper Offense Rain RMT

Hello! I recently made my rain dance team and so far it has worked pretty well, although I sometimes have a few issues with Blissey and PrevoChansey. It is built around speed and the ability to quickly just outright kill any threat.

So... I don't really know what more to say so Ill just start writing about the stuff in my Team.

Team at a glance:

Lead:

Politoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sdef
Calm nature (+Sdef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Protect

Kind of obvious to be honest that this thing is in here. Because as it is a rain dance team politoad is more or less needed. It performs quite well, but usually (as in, every time my opponent has a weather inducer) I just protect to scout or get out of there at once. Boil Over also does a surprising amount of damage considering I have no investment whatsoever. Considering making it more physically bulky, because while Politoad has better special than physical bulk I am not using it to wall much anyways and I figure more def could be useful for taking hits from the average TTar/Hippo. However, that would mean that any Ninetales Energy Ball would hit more for more.

Agirudaa @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Satk, 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk, 30 Def
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- HP Ice
- Rest

Agirudaa is my status absorber. He is also incredibly fast, and packs quite a punch with his STAB Bug Buzz and his Focus Blast. In addition most people expects it to set up spikes and just leaves in their Latios (or other things that I easily can kill) just to see the HP bar drop down to 0 by a bug buzz. It also is really fast with 427 speed but is really frail. Because of its frailty I rarely use Rest, but I haven't found anything better to put there. Perhaps Giga Drain or Encore could be nice, although I tested Encore and didn't find much use for it in this team. Or perhaps I should give it spikes just so it could do that if it got any downtime, but that is the problem with being surprising. If they expect you to set up spikes and just stay in, I have to kill them and if I instead go for said spikes I just die. Overall, one of the most solid and incredible members on this team. I have opened huge holes in a lot of teams with this thing until a focus blast miss caused it's doom.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 208 Atk, 132 Satk, 168 Spe
Rash Nature (+Satk, -Sdef)
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam

Kingdra... It is just incredible. I chose 168 Spe EVs over 164 because many other people will just follow the "standard" Kingdra sets on smogon, and thus 168 will outspeed those again which is nice. Doesn't really cost me a lot either, while it can gain me a lot with all the Kingdra running around atm.
Even though its offensive stats only are 276 and 286 it just hits like a truck. I am really surprised at how much damage it does, considering those stats. However, signal beam is often useless, but dont know anything that could replace it. It is also a really solid fire resist for nattorei, as in rain it has 8x resistance to fire, which is awesome.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Satk)
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Kabutops is my most powerful physical attacker in this team and does his job wonderfully. He outspeeds most things I have met so far and I am even starting to wonder if I could get by with a few less EVs. Originally had Double-Edge in Rapid Spins place, but figured waterfall almost would do as much even if resisted to swapped it as I had no spinner.

Torunerose @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4HP, 252 Satk, 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn

Hurricane in rain = 120 BP STAB 30% of confusion = Pain. Combined with 527 Speed and 349 Satk and you have a really awesome poke. Torunerosu often just cleans up half of an opponents team with its scarfed hurricane, hitting most stuff hard with its hurricane. Focus Blast is to hit Tyranitar who think they're smart to switch into Torunerosu, while the last two moves mainly are filler and I think I only have used U-Turn 2-3 times, and I can't recall ever using Dark Pulse. All in all I feel like it is a better option that Borotorosu because while Thunder can paralyze, Hurricane can confuse, which often is just as annoying, and more importantly, it has no immunities. And there isnt really that much that resists Hurricane in today's OU anyways. The most common steels are Nattorei and Scizor (or so it feels to me), both of which are neutral, and electric pokes would resist thunder as well anyways (most of the time, at least).

Nattorei @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sdef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- SR
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I do realize that the spread is inefficient right now (or I think so, anyways). So if anyone could come up with a better EV and nature spread that would be nice. I often just sac Nattorei to set up SR, as that is it's main purpose in this team anyways. It is very useful for doing just that though. As well as baiting fire attacks so that my Kingdra/Kabutops can switch in and start sweeping. There isn't really much more to say about this thing.

All in all I am mostly happy about the team. I have reached 1300 on PO with it, but I still want to improve it as much as possible. So suggestions are welcome. However, I don't really want to swap out Agirudaa or Torunerose as both of those are incredibly useful in this team, perhaps more so than the rain sweepers so just keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance! :)

This isn't feedback but want to battle my team on PO? And I think you wnatb a few defence evs on nattorei and sassy nature.

Agiruuda seems interesting, but you could use a much better status absorber in the form of Manaphy. I'd suggest the Tail Glow set:
[box]

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Timid | Hydration
EVs: 252 Special Attack | 4 Special Defense | 252 Speed
Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Tail Glow
Rest [/box]
This should be fairly self-explanatory. Give it a try over Agirudaa!

Firstly, isnt Manaphy uber? Secondly, I feel like I don't really need more water attacks to be honest. Agirudaa provides the ability to get rid of things that stop my swift swimmers from sweeping, especially Nattorei, while I dunno if Manaphy would be able to deal with it well, etc.

So all in all, I kinda prefer Agirudaa. Especially since Manaphy is a set-up sweeper while Agirudaa is ready to go whenever I switch it in, plus it has way more speed, which is essential for this team to be fast enough to deal with whatever the opponent switches in.

1st of all, manaphy is suspected, and use grass knot or hp ground over dark pulse. its literally useless. hp ground and hurricane have awesome coverage. Grass knot to deal with bulky waters.

manaphy is a monster under rain while Agirudaa isn't. Manaphy can also status absorb and an instant +3 satk? YES PLZ!

if you really want Agirudaa try encore again. You probably don't use it at the right moment but it is helpful. Or spikes too.

Its not that I dont use it at the right moment, its that those moments never happen in this team, as it is usually useful to things into a set up move or the like. But in those cases I already have 3-4 things that can outspeed said threat anyways. So in general its not very useful. However Giga drain IS very useful, so I think I will stick with that, as it is decent recovery while still attacking, in addition to getting a viable alternative against burungeru. I agree that HP Ground is nice coverage with hurricane, but it would probably require me to lower some IVs, and considering how I would be using hurricane always anyways I wouldnt really gain much (the only time I not am using hurricane is when I am focus blasting nattoreis, predicted TTar switches and those things, and I haven't really got to a point where I would like to use HP ground anyways... ever.

I assume you aren't playing DW, which means no Competitive Spirit on Tornelos, since even though attack is almost useless, it does help with U-turn. However, Mischievous Heart can only abuse a bug on PO that allows you to switch first.
With Kingdra, you might as well run 4 more speed EVs to outspeed those trying to outspeed normal Kingdra.

I really dont understand what Airguiida is actually doing for the team. Its pretty much an inferior Manaphy in every way due to its bad typing inability to set up worse stats etc etc. I would suggest replacing him with a Bold CM Manaphy as its the most effective set imo. The set is

Manaphy @ Leftovers
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spe
Bold
-Calm Mind
-Boil Over/Surf
-Energy Ball
-Rest

With its great bulk and typing manaphy can come in on a lot of threats and set up with ease. Not a lot can stop this thing from sweeping. For example a Natteori cant even 2hk0 him with Power Whip and Manaphy can use it as fodder. Energy Ball is preferred over Ice beam so its not walled by Bulky waters like Suicune. Surf is a decent option if Boil over for higher dammage output.

Edit:I feel really stupid right now ;_;..Idk where i got that from..

Except for the fact that neither genie can have encourage? And also the fact that it can't have thunder? Or that I NEED the speed for its job, which is cleaning up lategame stuff if my opponent LO stalls my other sweepers etc.

However, I didn't know kabu could learn superpower, I will definately try that out, thank you :). Altho I dunno how much it would help against prevochansey, as it won't OHKO anyways, and I can already 2HKO with waterfall. The main issues against them is that I never get to attack them with kabu as they switches to Nattorei, but that however, is a really good reason to give him superpower as it will hit Nattorei really hard.

And for Agirudaa, well, firstly, I want him because he is really cool, and secondly because he is incredibly fast and kills SO much easily. He usually gets me 2 kills or so each match. However, I will try manaphy a few times, but I suspect that I just will go back to Agirudaa again after a few matches.

EDIT: Seems like Manaphy is uber on PO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)