OU Gardevoir

I honestly don't understand why you prefer Hyper Voice over Moonblast for Mega Gardevoir. 90 power vs 95 power? Why not? Bypassing substitute seems like a tiny niche

I honestly don't understand why you prefer Hyper Voice over Moonblast for Mega Gardevoir. 90 power vs 95 power? Why not? Bypassing substitute seems like a tiny niche
Pixilate boosts the Normal-type moves that it makes Fairy-type. So Hyper Voice's effective Base Power on Mega Gardevoir is 117.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
STAB + Pixelate makes Hyper Voice a 176 BP move that goes through subs; the only advantage of Moonblast is the SpA lowering chance, but that's pretty crappy

Slash T-Bolt somewhere in there for Mega Voir. Without it, Skarm can wall you hard. Or put it in the moves section.
I'm not opposed to Thunderbolt being mentioned, but Skarmory doesn't do very well unless it's specially defensive, and even then.

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 153-180 (45.8 - 53.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 141-167 (42.2 - 50%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Not a great answer. Still, it's fine to mention, just not specifically for Skarmory.

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
For C&C, remove Genesect and mention Life Orb Gengar, as Sludge Bomb automatically OHKOes both sets. For Gengar variants that don't carry Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball has a 68.8% chance to OHKO Stealth Rock, and easily OHKOes with SR up.

Edit: also ScraftyIsTheBest don't forget to read the new QC rules and change the title to Gardevoir (QC 0/4)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This analysis really needs to be pushed. I kind of want to talk to QC about this analysis, though. Feel free to chime in ScraftyIsTheBest if you have anything new to add.

Also please look at this post from SwampLink - here

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Other Options
========
  • Healing Wish / Memento on non Scarf sets
  • Hypnosis
  • Psychic, but Moonblast is a better STAB
There are no sets that have Fairy but no Psychic moves. Did you mean to say Psyshock instead of Moonblast?

Also, I've used a very successful Mega Gardevoir that I'd like input on. The set is:

Stall Breaker
########
name: Offensive
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Gardevoirite
ability: Pixilate (Trace)
nature: Timid
evs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe

Yes, using only your STAB's may seem odd, but let me explain. Steel types are the obvious problem for Psychic/Fairy types, but, when they switch in, they'll be met with a very unfortunate burn. This renders Pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn, who both love switching into Gardevoir, practically useless, as well as greatly crippling all defensive and offensive Pokemon. Will-o-wisp is also a very useful move for being a foolproof way to beat Bisharp.

Taunt is also a very useful move, but for other reasons. It prevents Pokemon live Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Deoxys-D from setting hazards, Togekiss, Chansey, and Deoxys-D from statusing you, and Pokemon like Clefable from setting up Calm Minds. Taunt is also extremely useful for stopping Chansey dead in its tracks. Normally, the combination of TWave + Wish + Protect + Seismic toss will always Beat Gardevoir. However, a Taunted Chansey is forced to Seismic Toss, and Psyshock + a potential burn will do more than Seismic tosses.

There obviously is 1 Pokemon that doesn't care about this set at all: Heatran. However, Heatran a) doesn't like being Taunted, and b) is usually handled better by Gardevoir's teammates anyway. Depending of Focus Blast is annoying, to be completely honest.

What do people think? I've found the combination of WoW and Taunt to be very useful, and in my opinion worth a set over just being mentioned in moves. But if it's not, I understand :P

Last thing, the IV's for attack should be 0 on all sets (except if running HP fire) to minimize Foul Play damage.

Hidden Power Fire could be used if you're really scared of Forretress, Scizor, and Genesect, but beyond that is very situational.
more than half of the analyses have either gene or mega-luke mentioned.

I just want to make a couple of points about the analysis:

- Saying Focus Blast (set 1 moves) is only for Scizor and Ferrothorn makes it sound like HP Fire is the better options, so mention Heatran here too.

- Mention in usage tips something specific about Trace. (bad example but...) Gastrodon gives it a free boost if it switches into Scald. Intimidate is useful against regular Gyarados etc.

- You literally miss nothing going for a Modest nature on the Scarf set.

- Gengar fails to OHKO with Sludge Bomb and only has a small chance with Sludge Wave without SR, so I would make a note of this when writing it.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
I just want to make a couple of points about the analysis:

- Saying Focus Blast (set 1 moves) is only for Scizor and Ferrothorn makes it sound like HP Fire is the better options, so mention Heatran here too.

- Mention in usage tips something specific about Trace. (bad example but...) Gastrodon gives it a free boost if it switches into Scald. Intimidate is useful against regular Gyarados etc.
One thing I'd definitely mention is it's SUPER useful when paired with a Pokemon, like Mandibuzz, that baits mega manectric. Switch to Gardevoir. Trace occurs before mega evolution, so Gardy traces lightningrod, and then you get a mega Gardevoir with +1 Special attack. Scary!
- You literally miss nothing going for a Modest nature on the Scarf set.

- Gengar fails to OHKO with Sludge Bomb and only has a small chance with Sludge Wave without SR, so I would make a note of this when writing it.
• Actually, you miss out on being able to revenge +1 Mega Tyranitar, while basically sells Timid for me. If you don't care about DDance Mega Ttar, go Modest, but otherwise, Timid is generally superior.
• Don't some Gengars run Life Orb? LO Sludge Bomb always KO's.

Just realized I'm stupid when doing calcs and that Mega TTar exists. Yeah. I guess you can ignore that part (but still is Modest slash worth it?)

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
usage tips and team options are a little bare..

Trace tips are nice. FOr example if you trace Scoli's speed boost and have taunt you beat BP by yourself handily. YOu can also switch into chansey as a base form, without any fear of status as you can trace natural cure, and switch out in the event of coming in on status, or taunt it and hit it with psyshock if you come in on softboiled/aromatherapy/wish/rptect/whatever non volatile move.

Im going to stamp this as of now as the sets are right and the team options have the right idea they just need some expansion..

QC 1/4

This is very well done for the most part. Just a few small things.
Psyshock hits past Blissey, Venusaur, and Scolipede while also getting good neutral coverage against Talonflame
Blissey mentions should all be Chansey, and Psyshock doesn't do enough to Chansey. Just say Poison- and Fire-types, I guess.

Make sure you change the comments about the set to reflect the new slashes.

Trace is a good ability for non Mega Gardevoir, as it can trace things like Klefki's Prankster, Dragonite's Multiscale, and Heatran's Flash Fire
Prankster doesn't really help it. Say Swift Swim instead.

In usage tips you can stress to never switch in on physical attacks. Aegislash usually switches into it, so if they have it, you should use Shadow Ball predicting that.
Mega Gardevoir can also use some special attackers, namely Latios, as setup bait
Dubious considering Psyshock nearly 2HKOs. Stuff like Zapdos instead?
Garchomp can handle Aegislash rather decently
There's better Aegislash counters to give here than Garchomp.

Also, try to expand Team Options in general. Tag me when you've done these and I'll stamp it. Thanks!

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Psyshock definitely does enough to chansey to beat it. You hit it on switch in, then taunt, then psyshock twice and you beat it.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Psyshock definitely does enough to chansey to beat it. You hit it on switch in, then taunt, then psyshock twice and you beat it.
It should only be stated if Taunt is on the set. I think it deserves to be higher than just Moves, and be a slash after FBlast, but that's just me. Hyper Voice / Psyshock / Taunt / Wow has done wonders for me.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
talked with some qc peeps. we'd like to see a taunt slash on the first set. it lets it break down stall very well, and has the flexibility over cm of a decent stallbreaker + necessary coverage vs offense/balance.

qc 1/4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)