Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
TechniTop with Sucker Punch is awesome. Fake Out + Mach Punch/Sucker Punch KOes Victini, offensive Kyurem, and most Drought sweepers after SR. I haven't had any trouble with Sun teams since I started using this guy.

I like how people hate Ferrothorn so much and love the crap out of original pokes but Charizard, who is both original and can take out Ferrothorn, is only 91. Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites....
Charizard is also pretty shitty outside of sun, takes 50% per Stealth Rock, has a piss poor movepool, and has terrible defensive typing. Also, just because something is able to handle Ferrothorn, does not make it a candidate for a well-balanced team, as it has problems with everything not named Ferrothorn.

I like the new tiers, with so many pokes usable in UU, I might battle in that tier.
V-Create Victini is going to be everywhere, though.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Escavalier looks like a very underrated threat IMO. It's extremely bulky with a very strong physical attack, and can decimate the notorious Deoxys-D with a CB Megahorn. It can also take on any Kyurem that doesn't run HP Fire (which I think a lot of Kyurems are starting to do). I found this out the hard way, but I can't wait to try it out.

the fact that sun is everywhere means escavalier is gonna have a VERY hard time until drough it's banned (even the grass types carry HP fire)

Escavalier looks like a very underrated threat IMO. It's extremely bulky with a very strong physical attack, and can decimate the notorious Deoxys-D with a CB Megahorn. It can also take on any Kyurem that doesn't run HP Fire (which I think a lot of Kyurems are starting to do). I found this out the hard way, but I can't wait to try it out.
I pretty much think that Roserade under the sun can take on Escavalier. The fact that Roserade doesn't have to deal with Heatran anymore means that it can replace HP Ground with Fire, and Roserade's Poison-type means that Megahorns are going to do normal damage against it.

I pretty much think that Roserade under the sun can take on Escavalier. The fact that Roserade doesn't have to deal with Heatran anymore means that it can replace HP Ground with Fire, and Roserade's Poison-type means that Megahorns are going to do normal damage against it.
It can use weather ball too.

I may come in late, and It may have been said already, but Stall sure seems like it'd work in UU this gen

Chansey
Dusclops

Defensive core anybody?

Dusclops absorbs the physical attacks (and normal/fighting) While Chansey, well, be's a Blissey 2.0
Eviolite seems to be unliked this gen...

There are alot of good stall combos but there are also a bunch of mons that can tear stall up with little effort. Taunt+WoW Mew for instance.

Holy shit

/Mew/

I'm using my Mew in UU. I'M USING MEW IN UU OH MY

Masked Mew, my how you continue to please me being in tiers I actually play.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
TechniTop with Sucker Punch is awesome. Fake Out + Mach Punch/Sucker Punch KOes Victini
I use it too, but Lefties Sucker Punch does 45.7% - 54% and Fake Out, 17% - 20.2%. Unless you're using LO and hope Victini also has one, Hitmontop vs 100% Victini usually means yet another V-Toasted pokémon.

EDIT -- Oh why yes of course, you'll switch in after something dies to V-Create... Then again, this means Victini will just switch out (as you can't possibly have Sucker Punch AND Pursuit... right?) and kill something else next time.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I use LO, and hopefully have SR up. Then Fake Out + Sucker Punch is a KO, and if they switch out they're taking another 25% from SR next time they come in. It can certainly be played around, but it's still been invaluable against every Drought team I've faced.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I have to say, TechniTop alone has won me some battles. I've been using Aerial Ace over Sucker Punch though so I can nail Ghosts and Heracross on the switch in. I like it so far, but if it were just a tad stronger then I would say I would recommend it over Sucker Punch. I'll have to go back to Sucker Punch and compare the two.

Cobalion has to be the best Pokemon i've ever used. It has great Speed, great Defence, and great typing. I've been using Swords Dance with Taunt, and the amount of things he can set up on is rediculous. Mixed ZTrick Room Vicitini is another masterpiece, just blowing down weakened teams like nothing. It also makes a fun lure to Suicune and Slowbro, luring them in and 2HKOing them with Thunderbolt.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I have to say, TechniTop alone has won me some battles. I've been using Aerial Ace over Sucker Punch though so I can nail Ghosts and Heracross on the switch in. I like it so far, but if it were just a tad stronger then I would say I would recommend it over Sucker Punch. I'll have to go back to Sucker Punch and compare the two.
What Technitop set are you running? Because I have yet to find one that works for me.

Slowbro is slower than you wich means he can revenge you, still, i know that TR victini is awesome since more times than not you can get a 4 tuns sweep (whit two pokes minium getting their health in red (and is not that they can stall turns since v-create/fusion bolt/zen headbutt is unresisted and V alone will kill almost anything that swiches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)