General Fighting Game Discussion

Yeah, Painwheel is definitely looking crazy. But like, so is every character in that game. It's almost a good thing that it's launching with only 8 characters, so I have an excuse to learn them all to some extent.

Also, Phoenix Wright seems... pretty good online, I think. Like people aren't smart enough to avoid random Objections or whatever, so I've abused his assist to ridiculous extents thus far. But yeah, that's online, and I'm really not so sure how he'll end up faring in high level play.

Yeah, I have this tendency to want to learn every character in a fighting game, so I end up mediocre across the board instead of good with one or two characters. I can play most fighters competently, but I have only been seriously competitive in 3 games: Brawl, Soul Calibur 3 (got bored and quit; never picked up SC4), and BlazBlue. The biggest struggle with all three games was picking a main and sticking to it. I love that Skullgirls is launching with just eight really deep characters, with the variable team size, almost as if they want me to play that way.

That said, some of the characters are currently looking easy to pick up and use (Peacock, Cerebella), while others look very nuanced and time-consuming to learn well (Parasoul, possibly Painwheel), so I may end up abandoning a couple of characters as being too difficult for how much I enjoy them.

really looking foward to play with Fortune. Catgirls are getting more interesting with each year! first Taokaka from Blazblue and now this.

IMO it's better for you to learn how to play with your char of choice then trying other characters out. i got good with Bang before even trying to learn the rest of the cast, then ended up picking Ragna as my sub. i am slowly learning Hakumen and Jin these days and after i am done with them i pretend on checking valkenhayn out.

point is, one step at the time. it's faster for you to learn the whole cast by learning one char at the time then trying to learn them all at once.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Painwheel is definitely looking crazy. But like, so is every character in that game. It's almost a good thing that it's launching with only 8 characters, so I have an excuse to learn them all to some extent.

Also, Phoenix Wright seems... pretty good online, I think. Like people aren't smart enough to avoid random Objections or whatever, so I've abused his assist to ridiculous extents thus far. But yeah, that's online, and I'm really not so sure how he'll end up faring in high level play.

I like doing his mission mode, just because of all the stuff you can pull, still having issues with his mission 9 on the assist/hold it combo, really strict.

Although I did Finish Nemesis and Frank Wests missions, Phoenix number 9 is the last I need for his 10 missions really, after that, Iron Fist since his mission 9 seems doable once I get the timing down on the deadpool assist

Has anyone seen those umvc dlc alt costumes? It had some amazing looking ones like zero dressed like megamanX(and for some reason megaman fans still rant), ScarletSpiderman, 90's pheonix, and CyberAkuma.(basically the whole cast got alt costumes)

What were your favorite dlc alt costumes?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Has anyone seen those umvc dlc alt costumes? It had some amazing looking ones like zero dressed like megamanX(and for some reason megaman fans still rant), ScarletSpiderman, 90's pheonix, and CyberAkuma.(basically the whole cast got alt costumes)

What were your favorite dlc alt costumes?
Hey soul_survivor, congratulations you've just won something from Honda! Now its implied that you won a car but...

What did you win? An engine, 4 wheels, a steering and some gas. Have fun :)

extremely salty megaman x fan

Hey soul_survivor, congratulations you've just won something from Honda! Now its implied that you won a car but...

What did you win? An engine, 4 wheels, a steering and some gas. Have fun :)

extremely salty megaman x fan
This made me laugh really hard.

There really is no justifiable reason for there being no Megaman. Just saying.

The King of Fighters XIII is finally out (officially).

Full intro in HD.
I'm pretty tempted to pick this up, it seems really solid and fun. The netcode is supposed to be kind of "eh" though... which I assume makes it about as good as AE/MvC3's? The way they were talking about it, I was expecting something more like Blazblue's, which is pretty nice (still kind of annoying to be honest).

Still tempted though. It pretty much gets universal acclaim from what I've seen, and I love how some of the characters look >_> ASH AND KING YES.

Hahahaha I loved that so much.

in other news, Valentine has been announced in Skullgirls, which is awesome because I had expected her to be DLC and she's fucking awesome.

But that means other characters aren't gonna be in the initial roster, and one of those characters is Squigly. ;___;

Man, there are so many Ghost Riders (and like 90% all they do is spam j.S). Are there some ways to get around this? It's a scrubby problem, but ya most of the stuff I try either gets caught by it (i.e. Vergil's rapid slash), or when I try to get in with teleports, Ghost Rider is already too far for me to try and connect a hit. I discovered that Strange's b.H works better than teleports (since it's very easy to react to j.S), but it still has the problem of being too far away from Ghost Rider.

IMPACT PALM IMPACT PALM IMPACT PALM

My lack of Smogon lurking has helped me not learn there was a FG discussion thread!

I've been battling alot of weskers recently. Damn their quite annoying especially if I slip up, and im looking at a least 500k of health tooken in 1 combo(assist included). Though other than slipping up there a little manageable.

One problem I have is morrigan on point. She uses that duplication hyper, and then procedes to soul fist. Im using vergil/wesker/dante so I obviously teleport but once I do they fly away when I try to connect a actual hit. I usually lose 1 character to this or his health becomes pretty low(vergil). Anyone can help me on stopping this without losing too much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)