Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Solar Beam
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge

Fabby is here to set up the sunlight to power up my mons. It also makes Flame Charge
useful to raise speed. Solar Beam provides a water counter, and Fireblast is the main stab
move. Calm Mind is to raise special stats to help Fabby even more.

Blake (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

This is a Heatran set I am very fond of. It can set up stealthrocks, it can swap opponents
with Roar, It can burn with WoW, and Lava Plume is an amazing STAB move. It's EVs are
set to help wall opponents. Air Balloon helps with its 4x weakness to ground.

Charlie (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Charlie helps in case Fabby is KO'ed. WoW burns foes, Defog is to clear hazards and hit
foes easily, a sun-boosted Fire Blast hits easily with Defog running, and DragonTail ruins
foe's strats. It uses a specially defensive spread.

Robin (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up

Talonflame has always been a great Brave Bird user with Gale Wings. If Knock Off is used,
it can retaliate with Acrobatics. Sun-boosted Flare Blitz is a good fire stab move, and Bulk
Up helps it, well, bulk up.

Vicky (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Gentle Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Magic Coat

Ahh, Victini, the key to victory. V-create wrecks some absolute face, WoW burns more
foes, Overheat provides a special STAB move to deal with physical walls, and Magic Coat
deals with stat lowering, toxic-ing annoying jerks.

Edward (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Solar Beam

I had Rotom-W in mind. I needed a grass type that benefits from sun. Enter Edward the
Serperior. I gave it leaf storm (obviously), Giga Drain provides recovery, Solar Beam for a
Stab move, and Synthesis in case I need so much recovery I must use it.

What are your thoughts on this team?

Threats:

Water Types- If Fabby and Edward are done, we have no counters here. Rotom-W and Gyarados-Mega are prime examples.
Rain Users- They ruin our strats completely. Bad Politoed. Bad.
Ground Types- I'm talking to you, Lando-T.

Here's the importable version:
Fabby the Beast (Ninetales) (F) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Solar Beam
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge

Blake (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Gentle Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Robin (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up

Vicky (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Gentle Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Magic Coat

Edward (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Solar Beam

Last edited:
Whoah there! We have a lot to talk about here! i'll put it in a simple list form, because nobody likes reading those huge paragraphs!
Now I notice your kind of new, and I get it! So i'm not going to change any of the pokemon themselves, just the sets. New players need to learn how to build viable sets before they learn how to build viable teams.

Ninetales: Now I noticed that you are running a mixed ninetales, and I wouldn't recommend it. I think that you should run a defensive set, because as you said, it's main pourpose is just getting the sun up.

Heatran: Now that set is pretty neat but I would change a few things on the spread. I would change will-o-whisp to toxic, as the porpose of lava plume is to burn. It may only have a 30% chance to burn, but that is pretty common after using it for a while. Toxic is great for wearing down walls that heatran struggles to bring down. Roar isn't all that great either, preferably taunt is a better move, as your team seems to lack it and also lacks stallbreakers.

Mega Charizard Y: You seem to have this set mixed with ninetales. The heat rock user is defensive and the mega is offensive in weather teams. I think you should run the basic offensive set, rather then defog + dragon tail, as it's not very bulky from the start. It is however really powerful in it's attacks, which is why I think you should run it offensivly.

Talonflame: A bulk up set is A-OK for most teams, but not this one in paticular. Your team so far lacks a physical attacker and that's why I think you should run a swords dance set. It's your second pokemon 4x weak to stealth rocks, which is why you should be running roost.

Victini: Wowie! A 4th fire type! Are you sure this isn't a monotype team? But seriously, I think you should run an all physical set with an ice type lure, as your team is weak to garchomp, lando-t ect. It doesn't need magic coat, because it can never get any use out of it. People will only be using attacking moves on it, rather then trying to set up stealth rocks.

Serperior: The serperior set is decent, but an all grass type movepool isn't very ideal. If you where to keep it I would replace giga drain with substitute and solar beam with dragon pulse. That way you can block out stall and hit mons you couldn't hit before. However, I think you should change it to venusaur, as it gets accses to chlorophyll which doubles it's speed in the sun. This is very useful, as it gets good covorage that would really help your team and strong attacking power. Why run leaf storm + solar beam on serpiror when you can run a whole set of attacking moves on a venusaur?

Well thats about it. I'm sure you will get some better rates for this team in the future telling you to change alot more of your mons, but for now heres what the finished team should look like in the end: http://pastebin.com/TeLTUitV
As always, have a nice day

Whoah there! We have a lot to talk about here! i'll put it in a simple list form, because nobody likes reading those huge paragraphs!
Now I notice your kind of new, and I get it! So i'm not going to change any of the pokemon themselves, just the sets. New players need to learn how to build viable sets before they learn how to build viable teams.

Ninetales: Now I noticed that you are running a mixed ninetales, and I wouldn't recommend it. I think that you should run a defensive set, because as you said, it's main pourpose is just getting the sun up.

Heatran: Now that set is pretty neat but I would change a few things on the spread. I would change will-o-whisp to toxic, as the porpose of lava plume is to burn. It may only have a 30% chance to burn, but that is pretty common after using it for a while. Toxic is great for wearing down walls that heatran struggles to bring down. Roar isn't all that great either, preferably taunt is a better move, as your team seems to lack it and also lacks stallbreakers.

Mega Charizard Y: You seem to have this set mixed with ninetales. The heat rock user is defensive and the mega is offensive in weather teams. I think you should run the basic offensive set, rather then defog + dragon tail, as it's not very bulky from the start. It is however really powerful in it's attacks, which is why I think you should run it offensivly.

Talonflame: A bulk up set is A-OK for most teams, but not this one in paticular. Your team so far lacks a physical attacker and that's why I think you should run a swords dance set. It's your second pokemon 4x weak to stealth rocks, which is why you should be running roost.

Victini: Wowie! A 4th fire type! Are you sure this isn't a monotype team? But seriously, I think you should run an all physical set with an ice type lure, as your team is weak to garchomp, lando-t ect. It doesn't need magic coat, because it can never get any use out of it. People will only be using attacking moves on it, rather then trying to set up stealth rocks.

Serperior: The serperior set is decent, but an all grass type movepool isn't very ideal. If you where to keep it I would replace giga drain with substitute and solar beam with dragon pulse. That way you can block out stall and hit mons you couldn't hit before. However, I think you should change it to venusaur, as it gets accses to chlorophyll which doubles it's speed in the sun. This is very useful, as it gets good covorage that would really help your team and strong attacking power. Why run leaf storm + solar beam on serpiror when you can run a whole set of attacking moves on a venusaur?

Well thats about it. I'm sure you will get some better rates for this team in the future telling you to change alot more of your mons, but for now heres what the finished team should look like in the end: http://pastebin.com/TeLTUitV
As always, have a nice day
Talonflame is great against Garchomp. Brave bird and Acro check it. Solar beam is for sun benefit. But I agree with a lot of this.

Talonflame is great against Garchomp. Brave bird and Acro check it. Solar beam is for sun benefit. But I agree with mot of this.
Brave bird and acro do NOT check defensive garchomp, which from experience is the most common when you start to ladder. You can't do much before it kills you with a rock move and evan if it's just running dragon claw the rough skin weakens it down.

Tyranitar kills Ninetales, Heatran, Talonflame and Victini very easily, especially if scarfed and even Serperior lose to Crunch in the sand because of the increased SpD. Heatran can only resist the Earthquake variant, not the Superpower one.

Heatran is probably the biggest threat, he resists every single one of your attacks and every single one of your status moves and even get *1.5 fire damage from most of them, combined with the sun any version of Heatran will hit ridiculously hard, even your pokemons resisting his stab fire attacks will die.

Although he doesn't like Will-o-Wisp Gyarados resist most hits, can put a substitute on a switch or on a Will-o-Wisp and then wreck everything with Waterfall except Serperior who is OHKOed by unboosted Bounce anyway.

Azumarill is a threat who is only checked by Serperior, same goes for Keldeo.

Garchomp threaten the whole team for the same reason Tyranitar does. Same goes for Landorus-T.

You should try to answer these threats first.

Tyranitar kills Ninetales, Heatran, Talonflame and Victini very easily, especially if scarfed and even Serperior lose to Crunch in the sand because of the increased SpD. Heatran can only resist the Earthquake variant, not the Superpower one.

Heatran is probably the biggest threat, he resists every single one of your attacks and every single one of your status moves and even get *1.5 fire damage from most of them, combined with the sun any version of Heatran will hit ridiculously hard, even your pokemons resisting his stab fire attacks will die.

Although he doesn't like Will-o-Wisp Gyarados resist most hits, can put a substitute on a switch or on a Will-o-Wisp and then wreck everything with Waterfall except Serperior who is OHKOed by unboosted Bounce anyway.

Azumarill is a threat who is only checked by Serperior, same goes for Keldeo.

Garchomp threaten the whole team for the same reason Tyranitar does. Same goes for Landorus-T.

You should try to answer these threats first.
Talonflame can ko Garchomp. Serperior can deal with ttar. Lando-T can also be dealt with by Tflame, but nothing else.

Talonflame can ko Garchomp. Serperior can deal with ttar. Lando-T can also be dealt with by Tflame, but nothing else.
Talonflame cannot kill the defensive variation and it can't handle rough skin very well. He told you why serperior cannot deal with tyranitar and I don't know why your saying it can without any argument once so ever. And if lando-t switches in, intimidate can be a real problem for talonflame. If it's scarfed it can KO with any rock move and evan with something els if your bird takes rock damage.

I tried it. It works.
UUGH your going to get your posts deleted on your own thread!
Please provide us with some evidence. Whether it be a damage calc or a replay, you need to provide some form of backup! RyanGosling provided back up on why these things destroy your team and you are simply posting sentence fragments! All of the replys you made on this thread would not be tolerated on any other thread! If you wan't serious rates, you have to give serious responses.

Links
https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hello, MeganiumMasterrr. Nice sun team here. I apologise for the long essay in advance!

- As it was mentioned before, you really shouldn't be running a mixed set on Pokemon that have better access to moves of one category, eg; special. For example, Infernape has access to both physical and special moves, and has high Attack and Special Attack, meaning that it can be used as a physical attacker, special attacker or mixed attacker. On the other hand, Ninetales can not be used as a mixed attack, as it is generally better used as a special attacker. You also shouldn't be worrying about getting Ninetales's stats up as well, as it is very frail, and is not viable in the OU tier, so there will be a wide range of Pokemon able to wall it and take it out. Running a Hasty nature is nice, but lowering Ninetales's Defense can leave it susceptible to physical attackers, so change this to Timid as if its Attack is lowered, it doesn't make a major difference.

- You've got a nice set here. My only suggestion is to change Will-O-Wisp to Toxic, as intellectual potato said. Lava Plume has the handy chance to burn, and Toxic can cripple set-up sweepers, forcing them to switch out or taking increasing damage from the status each turn. If you do decide to give it Toxic, you might also want to try Protect as this causes the opponent to lose more health, and allows you to predict what the opponent is going to do, so you can then switch into a suitable Pokemon. Alternatively, you could go for suicide lead Azelf which can get Sunny Day up and prolong it with Heat Rock, freeing up Ninetales's spot for something a bit more productive.

- Okay, so this set seems a bit too cramped at the moment. I don't see the need to run a specially defensive set for Charizard as that is what Heatran is able to run. This also limits Charizard's offensive capabilities, giving it little to no competitive use in the battle. In addition, you're running a mixed set again, which is completely unnecessary as Charizard is a special attacker. To prevent me from writing a massive wall of text, I'll just annotate your current set, to make things easier:

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD Like I said, Charizard's main purpose is to pressure the opponent, especially Water-types with Solar Beam. It has access to a lot of coverage moves, so you want to make sure it can fully utilise its access to those moves through an offensive orientated spread. Something like: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe.
Gentle Nature Timid Nature for speed, Adamant for power.
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp No need for this as Fire Blast has the chance to burn, but I suppose you can keep it.
- Defog Charizard is not a good defogger - if it switches in to rocks, it already takes 50% or something from it, rendering it useless thereafter.
- Dragon Tail Not a physical attacker, also no need for Dragon coverage. This would've most likely suited on Charizard X.

- Another Fire / Flying type means that hazard control is mandatory. Your team lacks a physical attacker, so you shouldn't worry about Bulk Up. A Swords Dance set is much more preferred as this is Talonflame's chance to sweep. Also, Brave Bird > Acrobatics if you have no item. Yeah, another Pokemon might use Knock Off, but that's fairly situational.

- Fairly nice set here, but Magic Coat just won't work on such an offensive Pokemon. I don't see the need to give it a defensive spread; to make the most out of its hard hitting STAB moves, give it 252 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe or something along the lines of it.

- Finally, not a Grass-type! But seriously, if you're going to use a Grass-type on a Sun team, it's generally advised to use one that can abuse the sun. Therefore, you should use Venusaur instead of Serperior. It is able to poison the opponent with its STAB move Sludge Bomb, and its Speed is increased thank to Chlorophyll.

Final Thoughts: I'm not so keen on having 5 Fire-types. That's not the idea of a Sun team, so I suggest you carefully think about which mons to sack. Personally, I see your finished team like Venusaur / Charizard Y / Talonflame or Victini / Azelf / Heatran / [spinner or defogger]
Summary of Changes:

• Ninetales's set OR changing it to Azelf.
  • Heatran's set OR changing it to Azelf.
  • Charizard's set.
  • Talonflame's set.
  • Venusaur or sun abuser > Serperior.
  • Victini's spread.
I hope I've given you a bit more insight into what a good sun team usually looks like. Sun isn't the most viable weather in the game, and it is generally hard to produce a good team due to that. Why not read an article on sun teams here? Good luck! ^_^

Last edited:
I like how no one has yet actually advised against using five Fire types on one team. Or Defog Y-Zard :(

MeganiumMaster, your team is going to function much better if you include Pokemon which complement your Fire-type spam. Having five Fire type Pokemon isn't effective when they're competing for switch-in opportunities, creating a vast SR weakness, and providing redundant threat coverage.

I'm not gonna actually make concrete suggestions here because the amount of changes required would simply create a completely new team. The idea of Ninetales + Y-Zard is an alright starting point (Y-Zard should use the standard offensive set, possibly with Ancient Power to lure Talonflame, whilst Ninetales should be specially defensive). You'd want to then add Venusaur or another Chlorophyll abuser, and potentially a physical Fire type such as Victini / Entei to pressure special walls. From there you'd need hazard removal, probably Defog Latios, and some kind of check to physical threats (e.g. Hippowdon and Landorus-T are good options which can also use Stealth Rock).

In terms of movesets, quite a few of your Pokemon are using lots of redundant coverage or odd options. At this point I would recommend that you stick largely to Smogon movesets, albeit catered towards addressing the weaknesses of Sun (e.g. if using Defog Latios, consider using Earthquake as coverage to lure Heatran).

gl

I like how no one has yet actually advised against using five Fire types on one team. Or Defog Y-Zard :(

MeganiumMaster, your team is going to function much better if you include Pokemon which complement your Fire-type spam. Having five Fire type Pokemon isn't effective when they're competing for switch-in opportunities, creating a vast SR weakness, and providing redundant threat coverage.

I'm not gonna actually make concrete suggestions here because the amount of changes required would simply create a completely new team. The idea of Ninetales + Y-Zard is an alright starting point (Y-Zard should use the standard offensive set, possibly with Ancient Power to lure Talonflame, whilst Ninetales should be specially defensive). You'd want to then add Venusaur or another Chlorophyll abuser, and potentially a physical Fire type such as Victini / Entei to pressure special walls. From there you'd need hazard removal, probably Defog Latios, and some kind of check to physical threats (e.g. Hippowdon and Landorus-T are good options which can also use Stealth Rock).

In terms of movesets, quite a few of your Pokemon are using lots of redundant coverage or odd options. At this point I would recommend that you stick largely to Smogon movesets, albeit catered towards addressing the weaknesses of Sun (e.g. if using Defog Latios, consider using Earthquake as coverage to lure Heatran).

gl
Yeah, I feel like the sets should be fixed before the team as a whole. I did advise against defog zardY tho.

First off, I just want to say it’s really cool seeing a Gen 6 sun team. Sun is my favorite playstyle personally (even though it arguably isn’t powerful these days…who cares? It’s fun) so I make a lot of Sun teams. That being said, your team has some pretty serious issues:

1) Your team is EXTREMELY SR weak. It almost feels more like a mono-fire team. Sun almost universally has this problem, so it should be priority #1 to prevent when building a team like this. To fix that usually I would recommend a Defogger OR a Rapid Spinner, but if you really want to keep the two 4X weaks on your team (TFlame and Zard-Y), I’d suggest BOTH. LO Latias makes a great Defogger and is bulky, and on sun teams I like to give it Thunderbolt as a nasty surprise for water switch-ins. Defensive/Utility Starmie is a great Rapid Spinner who not only checks a bunch of sun-specific threats, it’s also a water type to give you a bit of insurance if you’re ever backed into a corner and the sun is down. Another suggestion if rival Talonflame is eating you alive is Slowbro. It may seem counterintuitive to have a water type on your team, but they aren’t meant to be your offensive powerhouses anyway.

2) Mixed Ninetales is horrible. Switch it to a standard Specially Defensive Ninetales holding Heat Rock. I like to throw Roar in the last slot because with Will-o-Wisp and Roar (as well as its pretty good speed stat), Ninetales can act as short of a ghetto Skarmory by spreading burns around and forcing other Pokemon to take SR damage. This is a great way to knock off 50% health from an opponent’s Talonflame as well, which is a BIG HUGE threat for Sun teams as they can use your sun boosts against you. Another option is Prankster Sunny Day Klefki. Honestly Ninetales is very weak in this environment and Klefki is a safer sun setter. I can understand if you want to keep Ninetales over it, though. If you do though, it really needs to be defensive to have a chance.

3) Agreeing with others who said that contrary Serperior is not a good fit for the team at all. If you have a grass type in a sun team, it should be a Chlorophyll abuser because the buff is huge. I agree with the Venusaur suggestion because the Poison typing is great Fairy insurance, but honestly almost any Chlorophyll sweeper is better in the slot than Serperior.

4) I would suggest having room for a cleric to keep your team healthy, as Zard-Y can get worn down fast and Ninetales has garbage recovery on its own in the form of Rest. These two HAVE to be alive because if sun setters go down, it's usually GG for a sun team. Latias could run a bulkier set with Wish to fill that role, or you could throw in a Clefable. I like Unaware Clefable for sun because setup sweepers are very dangerous if they can get you into a position where they set up while stalling out your sun turns, and Clef prevents that.

I agree with others who say the team probably needs a rework from the ground up. Keep the Zard Y/Ninetales core with their sets fixed, keep Victini as a wallbreaker, toss in a Lati@s Defogger, get a Rapid Spinner and/or bulky water type in there, consider a Cleric, and swap out Serperior for literally anything that could abuse Chlorophyll (Venusaur is one of the best). I would suggest a standard Landorus-T over Heatran because it could also not only set up Rocks, it could also function as a physical threat check. (Hippowdon sets up sand, which is kind of a pain for Sun because you don’t want to ruin your own weather). You could even get creative and use something like Rhyperior in the slot for an even better Talonflame counter/physical tank.

Good luck with your team and keep that sun shining in OU!

I'm too lazy to write essays and things, so I may better shorten things up :P.

#1. It took me time to notice that serperior and that it's an OU team. Setting up another fire type in the team will make it a perfect Monotype. But well, as said, Water Rain Teams can easily KO it. So better get up a chandelure / volcarona for making it a Monotype. A well, mixed OU team will be better.

#2. It doesn't seems that Fab is supposed to be a Sunner, but calm mind and fb makes it :/

#3. Talonflame shud get swords dance instead of bulk up. That can help you sweep easily.

#4. As people have above, giving defog to char y is pretty dumb.

#5. Again, char y needs Spe. Give it Spe.

Other sets are O. K. Hope you get on it. If I get edits/ideas about this, I will edit it for sure. Go on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)