Pokémon Hawlucha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Indeedee (F) is a great partner for Hawlucha this gen as it can set up Light Screen and Reflect while setting up a Psychic terrain, and also use Aromatherapy for support. Hawlucha then can come Swords Dance safely then Dynamax and clean up with Brave Bird, Close Combat and I use Zen Headbutt because of Psychic terrain boost but I feel there may be a better moves. (Thunder Punch, Stone Edge etc)
Zen Headbutt doesn't get boosted because Hawlucha isn't grounded.

How about Weakness Policy Hawlucha with Dual Screens?
Hawlucha @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Brave Bird
- Roost
It's a bit situational but sounds fine.

I don't know where else to ask this so i'll ask it here. If Hawlucha with unburden is paralyzed does it still outspeed scarf ditto?

Indeedee+ Hawlucha is a fantastic core alongside DD Mew, easily the best physical Psychic sweeper around. Thunder Punch is necessary on Hawlucha to prevent yourself from being checked and set up on by Gyarados.

Mew @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/Trick
- Psychic

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch

maybe dumb question, but what are other good partners for hawlucha? i was trying to make a team with him, but am bad at building (lol) and am kind of lost on how best to pair him

also when d-max gets banned will he just fall out of relevance?

maybe dumb question, but what are other good partners for hawlucha? i was trying to make a team with him, but am bad at building (lol) and am kind of lost on how best to pair him

also when d-max gets banned will he just fall out of relevance?
Screens (Grimmsnarl)
Terrain (right now, I'd say Electric or Psychic are the best ones to use, so Pinurchin and Indeedee are good partners for it)

And no, altho it may slip a little in usage, eeven post Dynamax, it will still be relevant. Much as it was in Gen 7.

Screens (Grimmsnarl)
Terrain (right now, I'd say Electric or Psychic are the best ones to use, so Pinurchin and Indeedee are good partners for it)

And no, altho it may slip a little in usage, eeven post Dynamax, it will still be relevant. Much as it was in Gen 7.
do you think misty setup with galarian weezing(rather than the other 2) would be any good? losing levitate/neutralizing gas would be pretty bad, but it can still serve as a decent wall without them i think

do you think misty setup with galarian weezing(rather than the other 2) would be any good? losing levitate/neutralizing gas would be pretty bad, but it can still serve as a decent wall without them i think

Yeah, G-Weezing with Misty Terrain is an option as well, if you're willing to trade off the ground immunity/ability ignoring (and meshes well with Lucha as Lucha is immine to the ground attacks Weezimg becomes suspectible too).

Weezing also has Memento to give Hawlucha an opportunity to set up, but I prefer the synergy with Specs Indeedee.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
Isn't this version of the Sitrus Berry Hawlucha set better than the one listed on the intro post? Unlike that one, this set doesn't sacrifice Attack investment for HP, but still gets an HP divisible by 4 (for Substitute/Sitrus Berry activation purposes).

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
^ See for yourself the difference.

I've been trying to use the first set mentioned in this forum and haven't been able to activate unburden with the electric seed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)