VGC Here's my first RMT! Please rate! :3

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Hey, everyone! It's The Unseen Potato with my first RMT! I really want to compete in next year's VGC, and so I made this team! I've been using this on Showdown and I have a decent rating, but I want to know how to make it better, if possible. Please only give constructive criticism - I don't want a zillion comments about how bad it is - only how I can improve it! Thanks, guys, for your time!

142.gif

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

I usually start off with Aerodactyl and Mr. Charizard here, and set up a Tailwind immediately on the first turn, very good for a sweep. I have Rock Slide and Earthquake, the latter of which can't hurt Charizard. Protect is mainly here for Fake Out and other threats. I have a Focus Sash on to guarantee no OHKOs. Obviously.

006-mega-y.gif

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam

Like I said, I usually send out Aero and Charizard together, and, in my opinion, they make a swell combo! On Turn 1, I almost always run a Protect, just in case of... stuff. :3
Then he proceeds with Aero to sweep the other team (hopefully!) with their mighty fine two-target moves.

445.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Dragon Claw

This little guy is here in case either Aero or Char faints. Stocked with an Earthquake like Aero, we can continue to target both foes. Body Slam - who knows when I might need it? Plus there's the 30% paralysis chance. Once again, I have Protect for those Ice Punches, Beams, and whatnot. Then, of course, I have the Dragon Claw.
479-mow.gif

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Swagger

Although I really want to use the new Rotom-F metagame :P , I decided to go with His Grass-type incarnation, for more coverage. I would send it out either Aegislash or Clawitzer if I anticipate a Trick Room. Of course, it's armed with Will-O-Wisp for those other Aerodactyls and Garchomps out there (Don't worry, T-Tar, I wouldn't forget you!) Leaf Storm works with Volt Switch for the switch out from the SpA lowering, and to destroy others (somewhat.) Then, I have the infamous SWAGGER! (dun dun DUUUUNNNN). For obvious reasons.

693.gif

Clawitzer @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Personally, I love Clawitzer, especially my shiny one in Pokémon X! So, I have the basic set on it: a bulky sweeping set. With Mega Launcher and an Expert Belt, I can always OHKO a Choice Scarf Salamence with Dragon Pulse.

681-shield.gif
681-blade.gif

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon

Here's my attempt at a staller Aegislash. I'll start with a Substitute right off the bat, and go for a Toxic or Flash Cannon, depending on my situation. If that doesn't faint the opposing Poke, I'll Shadow Sneak it.
Note: This Aegislash set is not perfected, sooooooo....

PLEASE RATE MY TEAM!
Thanks! I'm really hoping to go to the VGC 2015 with these guys! See ya!

Attachments

Last edited:
This is a really good team, but stalling just isn't viable in VGC, especially with Aegislash who is weak to Heat Wave and Earthquake, two very common moves. Also, you probably want to haev Protect on more of your Pokemon. Garchomp would also prefer Lum Berry > Rocky Helmet, in case of burn, confusion, etc.

Oh, btw, if you compete next year, the list of Pokemon allowed will likely change so this team may not be viable in VGC '15

Clawitzer: Change Dragon Pulse --> protect
Rotom-M: Swagger --> Protect, Volt Switch --> Thunderbolt
Garchomp: Rocky Helmet --> Lum Berry

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak

I mostly agree with AllCaps even though I am a very unconventional VGC player. The only change to his post I would make is to run substitute on aegislash possibly replacing shadow sneak. Yes the priority is nice but behind a sub aeigislash is a very dangerous pokemon especially since it deters opposing pokemon from attacking it with contact moves. If the opponent predicts a KS you can get a free sub and create indecision on your opponent's part. To touch Aegislash they need to double attack it on the same turn preventing it from subbing again soon after and this can either result in your other poke being left alone for a turn and getting a free attack or aegislash getting a free hit because your opponent is nervous about hitting it because of king's shield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)