Hoodra used Shell Smash! Hoodra shed its shell and became Koodra! (RegenVest Goodra) [QC 0/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarpeChan

Banned deucer.
[SET]
RegenVest (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy / Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Acid Spray / Dragon Tail
- Earthquake / Flamethrower / Dragon Tail
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Earthquake
[SET COMMENTS]
Comments
Feel free to fiddle around with the set's slashes,
Goodra is an alternative to Hisuian Goodra thanks to its resistance to Fire and neutrality to Ground and Fighting. These traits help it out against special Fire-types like Iron Moth, MGLO Volcanion, and MGLO Heatran, special Ground-types like Landorus-I and Sandy Shocks, and Fighting-type coverage from Thundurus and Primordial Sea Volcanion. However, Goodra's lack of a Steel-type makes it vulnerable to Fairy-types like Enamorus-T and Pixilate Scream Tail, as well as being more vulnerable to Hydreigon and physical Regieleki. It's OK to compare Koodra to Hoodra according to UT A Calm nature is prefered over Sassy if Goodra forgoes Dragon Tail or Earthquake. Thunderbolt threatens Corviknight and Volcanion, Flamethrower hits switchins like Zamazenta-C, Kingambit, and Earth Eater Iron Treads, and Earthquake hits Fire-Types like Heatran, Hisuian Goodra, and Hisuian Arcanine. Acid Spray prevents Goodra from being passive against targets it would otherwise be unable to break through like Skeledirge, Dragon Tail helps rack up hazard chip and phaze out setup Pokemon like Landorus-I and as well as anything it lacks coverage for. I'm not going in moves-listed order because it's more convenient to group the coverage into one bit IMO, but GPs can do whatever you see fit.

In this section, make sure to include:
- the role that the Pokémon plays;
- coverage moves that affect its role;
- a description of the EV spread in one sentence or less; don't focus on "default" things like maximum Attack investment, do give reasoning behind the benchmarks chosen;
- a brief example of teammates that benefit from the analyzed Pokemon's presence;
- a brief example of foes that the analyses Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them.
- a brief explanation of Tera type (if applicable)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/karpesan.536333/
Quality checked by:
NO
EXTRA
Grammar checked by:
WEAKNESSES

Last edited:

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
add remove comment

[SET]
RegenVest (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy / Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor Dragon Tail
- Acid Spray / Dragon Tail Ice Beam
- Earthquake / Flamethrower / Dragon Tail
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Earthquake

[SET COMMENTS]
Goodra is an alternative to Hisuian Goodra thanks to its resistance to Fire and neutrality to Ground and Fighting. These traits help it out against special Fire-types like Iron Moth, MGLO Volcanion, and MGLO Heatran, special Ground-types like Landorus-I and Sandy Shocks, and Fighting-type coverage from Thundurus and Primordial Sea Volcanion. However, Goodra's lack of a Steel-type makes it vulnerable to Fairy-types like Enamorus-T and Gardevoir Pixilate Scream Tail, as well as being more vulnerable to Hydreigon and physical Regieleki. A Calm nature is prefered over Sassy if Goodra forgoes Dragon Tail or Earthquake Realistically you should be running both, or at the very least Dragon Tail. Ice Beam hits Garchomp and Flying-types like Thundurus and Lando-I, Thunderbolt threatens Corviknight and Volcanion, Flamethrower hits switchins like Zamazenta-C, Kingambit, and Earth Eater Iron Treads, and Earthquake hits Fire-Types like Heatran, Hisuian Goodra, and Hisuian Arcanine. Acid Spray prevents Goodra from being passive against targets it would otherwise be unable to break through like Skeledirge (Personally not that big of a fan of acid spray to warrant a separate move slot over coverage which it needs to help stuff it wants to check), Dragon Tail helps rack up hazard chip and phaze out setup Pokemon like Landorus-I and as well as anything it lacks coverage for. Add teammates that appreciate it like Corv / Chomp that commonly fold to mixed attackers, and that they can also check the strong physical attackers that threaten it. Also add that you need a hazard removal like quaq treads corv since its more vulnerable to entry hazards.

In this section, make sure to include:
- the role that the Pokémon plays;
- coverage moves that affect its role;
- a description of the EV spread in one sentence or less; don't focus on "default" things like maximum Attack investment, do give reasoning behind the benchmarks chosen;
- a brief example of teammates that benefit from the analyzed Pokemon's presence;
- a brief example of foes that the analyses Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them.

- a brief explanation of Tera type (if applicable)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/karpesan.536333/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tranquility.475288/
EXTRA
Grammar checked by:
WEAKNESSES

add these and I'll look back later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)