How Fast Do You Type?

I take pride in being an absurdly fast typist. In one try I got this on the first website that came up when I searched "typing test":

I'm sure I could keep practicing that same test to sharpen up and get a little bit faster, but it gets to the point where it's pretty damn tough to go much faster than that.

I'm always interested to see how fast other people can type. Take a test and show us how you do!

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I got 96wpm with typeracer. I don't know if I should be glad or sad on how much time I spend typing every day.

Typeracer was worried I was cheating so they made me do some little passage to make sure I can type over 100 wpm.

I got 133 >_>

Which, honestly, is a better representation of what I usually type, because most typing tests purposely use obscure words and punctuation to slow you down for whatever reason.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got like 40 on the typeracer thing, but when i'm in a zone and am not making typos (or at least ones that cant be autocorrected) im probably closer to 60-70

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i think i used to be able to hit 80-100wpm easily while typing casual shit, but this was years ago when i was first learning how to type, and back then i was practicing. i'm probably around 60-70 now. it's been a long time since i checked. typeracer tells me i'm 113wpm, but i was typing under strain (ie faster and more aggressively than normal - i was pressuring myself to type fast), so i imagine that's a bit unrealistic.

for a statistic measure, pidgin (my instant messaging client) has a keys-per-min tracker plugin that works great for stuff like this. i personally prefer kpm over wpm, word length varies but keys are forever. idk if it counts backspaces and shift-presses, etc, so i can't speak to its finer workings. also, when you're messaging someone, your typing speed will probably be a lot higher than in more composed typing like this (due to all the abbreviations and relatively short curt messages). but for what it's worth, pidgin marks my average as 536 keys per minute (all-time peak of 1623)

I can probably peak at 60 wpm. Any tips of how to type faster and more accurately? I consider my self an above average typer.

The fastest I've been able to manage on any test at this point is 134 with 96% accuracy.

I'll take it. I'm done with typing tests for a while lolz

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My peak is about 142.something, and my average is somewhere around 90-110. This is on a typing test when I am trying to go fast with the words right in front of me, mind you. In a chat or forum or something where I am not trying to hit a high score I will type a bit slower for accuracy, especially factoring in that I have to think about what I will say at the same time.

The typing game I use is app.typrx.com , I found it through the Das Keyboard website. (Yes, I use a Das Keyboard Ultimate S as well)

I have also used TypeRacer here and there. I'm not sure exactly what my scores were, but I also got the "You typed over 100 now prove you aren't cheating" test.

84 wpm. Not bad considering I type solely with my index fingers except when I need to use my thumb for the spacebar or my pinky for Shift, etc.

Well, thanks for wasting a good 20 minutes of my homework time, Byrne. I'm addicted to typeracer now. According to it, I'm a 'Typemaster' with a best of 67 wpm:

I'm second-highest rank (which is much less impressive than they make it out to be), and it turns out the highest rank is at 80+. The top score is 249 wpm O.O

Also, one of the races made me type a sentence from a book called 'Walter the Farting Dog'. There is a book out there called Walter the farting dog. That made my night

EDIT: reading the other posts, so I guess I'm pretty damn slow :(

84 wpm. Not bad considering I type solely with my index fingers except when I need to use my thumb for the spacebar or my pinky for Shift, etc.
This is pretty dang impressive. I definitely couldn't do that without my middle and ring fingers.

On TypeRacer, I'm around 80-85 wpm. Only about ~90% accuracy though, probably due to how horrible my typing position is. Makes me slip on the wrong key a lot when I'm trying to type as fast as I can.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also, one of the races made me type a sentence from a book called 'Walter the Farting Dog'. There is a book out there called Walter the farting dog. That made my night
just wanted to let you know that i have read this book, and it is indeed as excellent as it sounds (ie INCREDIBLY excellent)

also i'm kinda surprised tbh, looking at this thread seems to put the average speed well below the 100s. i never thought i was that fast of a typer, at least not anymore. i doubt my average speed is over 100, but if typeracer puts me up at like 110, then my average speed must be at least 90 (estimating from the difference in intensity between speed-focused typing and general purpose)

trying to find a typing test that doesn't have american english...i always stumble over 'color' and 'recognize' etc

when i was a kid i used to type heaps and i would clock 160wpm with 100% accuracy, it's probably closer to 120 now though

Only got 94 on the typingtest website, I got 119 wpm and 111 wpm with 95.4% and 97.3% accuracy on two different tests on typeracer. I used to be able to do 120 wpm on Mavis Beacon..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)