Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

Dragonite is probably the main poké in this team, being the Leftscale set. (I made up that name, by the way.) It is mainly offensive and fast, as you can see. I mostly use it as a lead, but celebi and politoed are good, too.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 220 HP / 36 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Celebi is part of the Grass, Water & Fire core, and a good attacker. As you can see, it is a Special Attacker, as alot of the team is mostly physical. It can use Calm Mind and Baton Pass to pass over to Politoed or Latios.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
- Roost

~~Awaiting Scizor Description~~

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Keldeo is a massive attacker, with Secret Sword, Calm Mind and Life Orb. It smacks dark types in the face, and cuts normal types heads' off.
Calm Mind is the main thing to set up, so maybe you'll want to add Protect or Substitute rather than Surf.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Scald

Politoed is not a rain set, or that'd screw up Heatran. It is a water absorb set with Modest Nature, which is a Sp. Attacker. Specs locks it in to mainly Hydro Pump or Ice Beam, which makes them super powerful. Celebi helps this pokémon alot, since it is a calm pass set.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

Latios is a massive Sp. Attacker, with decent Sp. Def. It is a weird item, King's Rock, which allows moves to flinch if they do not flinch normally. That is quite nice against Ice/Dragon types, and can easily defeat them.

~~
How is it? Opinions?

I'll just take it pokemon by pokemon.

Dragonite: You need a physical Dragon STAB or DDance is absolutely useless, I personally would run Dragon Claw over Draco Meteor, but you have plenty of options.

Celebi: Calm Mind and Leaf Storm don't really mix- swap in Recover if you want it to last longer, but passing -SpA seems a little silly.

Heatran: Alright set, but if you could find room for Will-O-Wisp/Toxic by replacing Roar/Protect that would help it's utility, and let you lay on some hurt while walling.

Keldeo: Put Surf/Hydro Pump in instead of Bounce or Aerial Ace. Both are fairly useless.

Politoed: Politoed is completely awful and outclassed without Drizzle

Latios: I would replace King's Rock, but nothing too major.

Thanks, houndoomday.

I have no problems with my Politoed, and it preforms well in OU. Latios carries kings rock because I want my team to be fairly unique.

Unique=/=Good. Latios has much better items than a 10% flinch chance.

Politoed is completely outclassed by other water types and OU and is very close to dead weight.

What should I replace my Politoed with, then? Vaporeon?

Also, I might replace my latios altogether with something better, such as gjirachi or magnezone.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Golurka, glad you found your way here to post your team.

I have to echo all the things that Houndoomsday has already said. Most of your sets just aren't useful in competitive Pokémon :/ sorry. Dragonite should have Outrage over Draco Meteor, Celebi should never use Baton Pass and Leaf Storm on the same set (you pass negative boosts too), Keldeo shouldn't be physical EVER, Heatran is ok, but I would use Leftovers instead of Air Balloon, and Kings Rock is extremely gimicky and only really has a place on Skill Link Pokémon. Finally, Politoed shouldn't be used without Drizzle. It just isn't a good Pokémon outside of its ability. If you want a good specs user, I would switch it to Drizzle Politoed. Next, I would change Keldeo to Mystic Water Feraligatr, which can be an absolute monster if used correctly, after Latios and Dragonite have broken holes in the opponent's team. A +2 Aqua Jet hurts, especially if it manages to get into Torrent range. Keldeo shouldn't ever be used with a physical set, since its attack is just too low. Next, since, as you said, Heatran doesn't perform too well in the rain, I would switch Dragonite to the Rain Tank set and Heatran to Rain Volcarona. These two sets fit your team better with Drizzle Politoed, but are both underrated in their own right, so you should still get to keep an element of uniqueness. Then, change Latios's item to Life Orb and give it Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Recover. Hopefully these changes helped! Good luck with the team!

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Hey there,

I'm not going to lie this team isn't really all that great but we all start somewhere. A lot of people think while building teams that the best bet is to simply put some pokemon that resist each others weaknesses and that should work out for them. This is an important part of building, but I cannot stress enough how important a strategy is. Without a strategy you are pretty much just trying to beat your opponent at his own game, which probably won't work out in our favor. Your most offensive pokemon is Keldeo so for the sake of this rate, I'm going to help you set up a Keldeo sweep. First and foremost, change Water absorb to Drizzle. Without Drizzle Politoed is completely redundant with Keldeo, but with Drizzle Keldeo will have strong water STAB moves. You are lacking that at the moment so here is what I suggest. Keldeo should run a spread of;

Keldeo @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Trait: Justified
252 SpAtk/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power Ice

Trust me, this thing is a monster and the rain and I strongly encourage you to try it out.

Next on our list would be to remove Heatran and replace it with a Choice Band Scizor. Your team really needs the priority, and Scizor can trap + KO Lati@s. Scizor can tank some dragon attacks, Ice attacks, and other moves. Scizor is really helpful to any team that could use these aftermentioned threats removed. Run 252 HP/252 Atk/4SpD with an Adamant nature, and you got yourself a Dragon check, a revenge killer, and a possible late game sweeper all in one. Anyway, I strongly suggest trying out these changes as they will help your team improve greatly.

You might want to make keldeo a special set because all swords dance does is boost sacred sword so I would replace swords dance with calm mind and sacred sword with secret sword you can also replace surf or hydro pump with hp electric.That's all I can type right now on my tablet

Definitely use Secret Sword on Keldeo, not Sacred Sword. Just a quick thing.

Edit:
Wait a sec, change that whole set to the fully Special one posted above. There is not reason to run Physical Keldeo since Secret Sword hits Physically anyway.

Thanks, houndoomday.

I have no problems with my Politoed, and it preforms well in OU. Latios carries kings rock because I want my team to be fairly unique.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everybody else in the world. Using an objectively inferior item will not make you a special snowflake that will forever be remembered. There's a huge difference between effective creativeness, and being different for the sake of being different.

Why are you running Swords Dance on Keldeo despite having a movepool that bases everything off his special attack? Secret Sword does damage calculations based off your special attack, but uses the opponent's defense I'm pretty sure. Swords Dance does nothing.

You are the same decaying organic matter as everybody else in the world. Using an objectively inferior item will not make you a special snowflake that will forever be remembered. There's a huge difference between effective creativeness, and being different for the sake of being different.

Why are you running Swords Dance on Keldeo despite having a movepool that bases everything off his special attack? Secret Sword does damage calculations based off your special attack, but uses the opponent's defense I'm pretty sure. Swords Dance does nothing.
Read the replies.

every competitive team should have a pokemon that can learn stealth rock on it. this way you limit your opponents abilities to constantly switch, dragonite setting up with multiscale, hurricane versions of volcarona from setting up, focus sashes limiting your sweeping, etc. because of this, i'd replace baton pass on celebi with stealth rock. its your only teammate that can learn it. while baton passing calm minds is all well and good, your special attackers don't really need it. well, good luck

I'll second the advice from Ehrmantraut. Stealth Rock is probably one of the best (if not the best) moves in the game. Switching is pretty common, and the rocks do anywhere from 6% to 50% damage on a switch. Over the course of a normal game that's a ton of free damage. It punishes opponents for making correct decisions, and ruins a ton of strategies outright.

I'll second the advice from Ehrmantraut. Stealth Rock is probably one of the best (if not the best) moves in the game. Switching is pretty common, and the rocks do anywhere from 6% to 50% damage on a switch. Over the course of a normal game that's a ton of free damage. It punishes opponents for making correct decisions, and ruins a ton of strategies outright.
I might switch a different pokémon out, because celebi with baton pass lets me sweep like a baws.

Hi Golurka you're going to need to increase the descriptions on you're Pokemon or else this could be locked by a mod.

Plus PLEASE CHANGE SCIZOR'S TRAIT! You are missing out on Technichan boost you would get on Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. Plus when running Choice Band, I would recommend pursuit or Superpower instead of roost.

Hi Golurka you're going to need to increase the descriptions on you're Pokemon or else this could be locked by a mod.

Plus PLEASE CHANGE SCIZOR'S TRAIT! You are missing out on Technichan boost you would get on Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. Plus when running Choice Band, I would recommend pursuit or Superpower instead of roost.
I changed it on my game, gonna edit the post soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)