SM Doubles OU How to make Rainy Bois more efficient

So this is my Doubles OU Team

Politoad- Ability: Drizzle
Item: Damp Rock
Moves: Scald, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Substitute

Nature is Bold with EVs being 248 in HP, 252 in Sp. Def, and 8 in Sp. Att

This Pokemon is the set up for the rest of the team. Politoad's ability Drizzle calls in Rain without having to waste the first move. Scald and Toxic are statusing moves to go with it's defensive nature, and Ice Beam is for defense against Grass Types. Thinking about changing Substitute

Jolteon- Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: Air Balloon
Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise, Signal Beam

Nature is Timid with 252 in Spe and Sp. Att ,and 4 in Sp. Def

Jolteon is a fast special hard hitter that I send out in the rain. It is among the fastest of electric types, and Thunder has no accuracy check in the rain. Magnet Rise is in in case of the air balloon being popped, and Thunderbolt for the small chance of the rain stopping. Signal Beam helps against Grass Typing.

Ludicolo- Ability: Rain Dish
Item: Big Root
Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Toxic, Rain Dance

Nature is Calm with 252 in HP and Sp. Def, and 4 in Sp. Att

Ludicolo Is another defensive pokemon, but rather than staying long enough just to set up, it's purpose is to drain opponents. Giga Drain and Leech Seed heal and drain, and Toxic poisons the opponent. Rain Dance to continue the rain, which also heals it thanks to it's ability.

Mega Swampart- Ability: Swift Swim (after mega evolving)
Item: Swampartite
Moves: Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Nature is Adamant with 252 in Spe and Att, with 4 in Sp. Def

Mega Swampart is the hard physical hitter. Mega Swampart has a bulky defense even without an EV boost, and it seems worthwhile to put EVs in Speed when it gets doubled in the rain (Which is what the whole team is based off of) Earthquake and Aqua Tail give its type advantage, while ice punch guards against it's only weakness. Brick Break is to tear down screens.

Pelipper - Ability: Rain Dish
Item: Flyinium Z
Moves: Hurricane, Surf, Rain Dance, Scald

Nature is Modest with 248 in HP, 252 in Sp. Att, and 8 in Sp. Def

Pelipper starts rain in a pinch, and has the flying move, Hurricane, that has no accuracy check in rain, and is a bulky special sweeper. It also holds on of the two Z Move Crystals for the flying type.

Beartic- Ability:Swift Swim
Item: Icium Z
Moves: Icicle Crash, Aqua Jet, Throat Chop, Superpower

Nature is Adamant with 252 in Att and Spe, and 4 in Sp. Def

Beartic serves the same purpose as Mega Swampart, with main difference being typing and move set. It is meant to fill in for whichever weaknesses Mega Swampart cannot handle, and is mostly a backup in the case typing goes wrong.

These are the Rainy Bois, and I would appreciate any feedback or practice battles on Pokemon Showdown! Thank you!

Hello, First I would run a bulky perish song set on politoad with Perish Song, Protect, Substitute, and scald with a 252hp 252 Def 4SpA set.
Next, Switch Jolteon For Tapu Koko Because Koko Is just better with Thunder, ElectroWeb, U turn, Hp ice. With Choice Specs.
Third, switch rain dance with fake out since you have 2 rain setters
fourth, switch aqua tail for waterfall and brick break for rock slide
fifth, pelipper should have drizzle and should have a 252 HP 252 Spe 4SpA, with scald, hurricane,protect,tailwind
and finally...Kyorgre or Amoonguss To Finish off your team
Edit: I would love battle your team PM me if thats cool

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)